Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 5
what is the dumbest thing you have ever done?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I should go to starbucks more often...

OT: Like I'd admit to that
 spudotoole
Msg: 6
what is the dumbest thing you have ever done?
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:30:45 PM
Long story short. Stole a wheelchair accessable Van from the BC Paraplegic Assoc. and drove it to Ontario in the dead of winter, all for a girl. And not even for me, for a friend of mine. I was just along for the ride. And what a ride it was.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:20:04 AM
i was hooking up a set of speakers recently...

had everything hooked up and plugged in and working great...

but i needed to reposition something.

so i left everything plugged in, moved a few things and disconnected the power. not from the socket, but from a coupling. i put the one side of the coupling on the ground, the other in my mouth.

...and did i mention i was underneath my desk at the time...?

well...my tongue touched the LIVE end which was in my mouth. a little, bright flash eminated from my pie-hole and my head shot upwards rapidly causing it to meet, with force, the underside of the desk. it's a heavy desk, so it didn't move. mind you, my vision went a little funny for a minute.

...end result...a few weeks later i wound up giving the speakers to my brother, and my new set got set up incident-free.
 Draxx
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:11:26 PM
when I was about 10 I was standing on one of those high (about 6 foot) "good neighbour" fences and was about to jump off. Didn't notice my pantleg was over top of the verticle board, as I jumped my pantleg caught and instead of landing on the old mattress we where playing around with, I face planted the fence and ground. (and Batman made it look so simple)
 hobbes26
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:24:16 PM
you have to be WAY more specific than that. More along the lines of what is the stupidest thing you have done with an office chair (my lil chair surfing incident)
while if you expand it to furniture you have the flaming couch, the drive in lazy boy, the adhoc ejection system, couch drag racing....ad infinitatum. I have electrocuted myself dozens of times, set myself on fire, jumped/been thrown/fallen off low-moderate heights...Yes, Darwin himself concedes he was wrong on some things when it comes to us.

I live to do those things. MY buds and I tend to be pretty crazy and live by the maxim "Some say why? we say Why not?" and alot of what we have done is best described as "seemed like a good idea at the time"
So long as we are not seriously hurt and odds are it will be fun we do stupid things on a daily basis. If its a rush or a laugh we will usually do it.....

Funnest/stupidest thing to do with a TENS put an electrode on two different people in close proximity and watch what happens
 hobbes26
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:32:51 PM
only done it with 6, the extra 2 make it easier?
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:41:20 PM
Betty...you reminded me of one i did when i was about 8.

we were camping, and i had my bike with me. there was a dirt path all around the camping spots, and i was riding in circles around it...took maybe a minute to make a full lap.

well...i had it figured out that i could keep my handlebars in one position for the whole lap, and hardly had to move them at all. so, i put on a little extra speed and tested it out. it worked.

so i closed my eyes and tried to do a full lap.

dumbass.

i made about 1/4 of a lap, and smacked, face first, into the extended mirror dad had put on the truck. bike kept going for a little bit, but i pretty much stayed in the same spot. gravity took effect, so there i am, bleeding profusely from the face, on my ass in the dirt.
 gotu
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:43:37 PM
I love bike stories....

lets put together...bike - basket with tape player as well - and a big ole holly bush...yah the prickly stuff...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:29:31 PM
I got married

twice

'nuff said
 who_the_fox
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:30:15 PM
but he IS short and greasy
 Rebecca_1981
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:46:58 PM
Getting really drunk camping to the point of not being able to walk well on my own, at Golden Ears campgrounds, then going for a hike down to the beach in that night with 3 others, to umm go swimming in cold water.. then almost falling backwards off a cliff.. very thankfull for the friend that was with us for him pushing me forward then helping me back to our campground.
 You go first
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:59:20 PM
I found some gunpowder in my husband's closet after he died. He'd made his own bullets for hunting and I had given away all the brass and other gear, so didn't know what to do with the powder. It was in sealed, metal cans.

Knowing that our local RCMP detachment had a firearms officer, I bundled up the cans in a brown paper bag and drove over. I waited patiently in the reception area until it was my turn. There was a big, hairy biker dude in colours behind me in line.

When it was my turn, I approached the desk and handed the bag to the receptionist, saying "I need to turn in this pile of gunpowder." Of course, as soon as the words were out of my mouth I realized what I'd done....

The biker dude was slowly backing up and the receptionist froze in her tracks, eyes as big as saucers. She said "I'll just go get my supervisor......."

Apparently you can't just hand in gunpowder at the Cop Shop. Who knew?? I ended up filing it as a Lost and Found report!
 JaYnEy_
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 10:14:57 PM
lol@having to choose just one dumb thing.......my friends n i keep a book we affectionately call the "stupid book" where we chroncile our misadventures and keep evidence to mock each other with........lol i think were on volume 2 and we only started keeping the book 2 or 3 years ago.......
 WesternRose
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/15/2008 11:50:56 AM
Damn... you people are truly dumbarses...lol....
I do dumb things on a daily basis unworthy of recognition they are so mundane....that said... I should hook up with one of your 'electrical wizards'...insure you heavily and just wait for the next incident eh?....
 Xavery
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/15/2008 8:18:07 PM
LOL You want me to name ONE! I have done too many dumb things to mention. I don't really dwell on them and for this reason nothing comes to mind when the question is asked. We are allowed to make mistakes. What matters is that we learn from them.
 Walts
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/2/2009 3:31:41 PM

Continuously letting my heart run my brain,,,when I know for a fact that I have yet to be wrong in my thinking. I'm now just starting to realize I am a slow learner in this romance ca ca.

**** Messages this short STILL cannot be posted. ****
 sisterevil
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 1:28:33 PM
got married thru the drivethru in Vegas...it lasted all of 17 months!!
 Wild Sweet and Cool
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/7/2009 4:49:03 PM
tried to jumpstart my old car on the Burrard Street Bridge with a canopener and almost blew myself to kingdom come. woke me up though! lol
 Xavery
Msg: 102
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:51:49 PM
I understand full bladder speed and actually the pain of a nasty nose injury. I almost broke my nose once upon a time and it really bled. I cannot ever remember seeing that much blood. I was playing baseball at the time and someone threw the ball and crash, it hit my nose. If it had of been a bleeding contest, I would have won hands down. I think the most stupid thing about this was playing on a baseball team where I did not have any sort of emotional connection with the other players. I regret ever playing baseball. The entire experience was dumb.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >