Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > y cant a booty call stay a botty call      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrchev
Msg: 1
view profile
History
y cant a booty call stay a botty callPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
i have been freinds with this girl for a long time and we have both just found our selves with out partners so SHE segested we help each other out and we both disided that it was just that, wasnt going to go any were from just a booty call. now i have found she keeps asken if i want it to go further and asken if i love her and that type off stuff .what the hell do i do on one hand i dont want the booty calls to stop but thats all i want it to be no more. dont want to losse her as a freind eather ????????
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 4
y cant a booty call stay a botty call
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:44:35 AM
Sex and friendship don't mix.
Carrie
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:49:56 AM
bugsy;
I've never done that. I just hear all the ******* about it from people at work.
Carrie
 wolfskshuntress
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:11:43 AM
mrchev, look her in the eye, and tell her that since your last break-up, you have been incapable of love .. and the only thing stopping you from turning gay, is her loving booty .. tell her she is the best friend and booty a man could wish for .. and that you wish for your friendship to last forever ..
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/23/2006 8:09:10 AM
You were longgg time friends and then moved to the booty call thing. She already had feelings for you it was bound to come to this. It was doomed from the start.
 mrchev
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:32:15 PM
well thanks all its been a good read it sort off helped but as every one is different the situation is differnt for all and it get involved like one off thouse LONG story type of things but will take all you have said and have a think about it thanks again.....ps just to let you all know the sex is really good lol
 Javodka
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/2/2006 2:23:35 PM
Women..are emotional and the average woman can't do just casual sex...their feelings get in the way. Where as a man we can accept it and knoiw I sratched an itch and this is not going further then sex...I will be romantic, caring and converned, but I really want sex.
Woman,,,don't want the committment, cuddling or clinging feeling, but then it gets good, we talk to them, laugh with them and show love..they want the whole package...
Basically..Men and woman..especially woman are wired differently..lol
 scorpiomover
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 11:47:33 AM
This sort of thing almost never works, because most people lack self-control nowadays, and if they did, they would never do it in the first place. So once one partner lacks the self-control to stay away from sex, they also lack the self-control to not fall in love.

Just move on. Once she has gone to the love thing, she isn't going to switch back. She's converted all the time you've spent from the first time you met, into a full-blown relationship, all in her mind.

But do the decent thing. Pretend to be friends. Don't call often. Go and date new people. Wait until she is dating a decent guy, and then she will want to be friends. But don't listen to her whine on about her new boyfriend who is cheating on her, and you'll get the "love bug". Surest way.
 r1terrell6233
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 12:00:07 PM
It's simple actually. As much as we want to believe as humans we can have meaningless sex often with the same person thats just not the case. Sex brings two people together so the more you do it the stronger the bond/attraction becomes for at least one of the people.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:17:25 AM
Argh!

Perhaps she is confused--I know I am. Is "botty" a synonym for "booty"? Maybe she doesn't know if you want botty or booty.

Beyond spelling/typos, you are shallow and somewhat lacking in perception. You have already lost her as a friend, and the loss began when you thought you could booty/botty call her and that she would not want more.

Sorry about your loss, perhaps you will be more discerning in the future and not indulge in what you think will be a no-ties access to a booty--99.999% of the time, it doesn't work that way.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2007 9:41:41 AM
The problem is you've been friends for a long time. So she likes something about you otherwise she wouldn't have been your friend. You owe her the truth. You are enjoying her sexually, but you see no potential in a relationship. It is going to hurt her. There is no getting around that, but it is not your fault, because she said she wanted a booty call and so do you. There are some women who only want booty calls and it doesn't go from there, but for some if it continues for a long while they might feel bonded to you. She is a human being, in the end, and she seems to want a relationship. You have to let her go. Tell her she is a wonderful human being, a giving friend, but you can't give her a relationship, and you know she needs more than you can give her right now, and that the booty calls have to stop, because you can't do that to your friend, and you would understand if she won't have contact with you for a while and needs her space, and you don't want to hurt her feelings..

Be honest, man.... She is more important than a booty call...
 wolf-on-2wheels
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/27/2007 3:39:11 PM
WOW dude, Perhaps next time YOU use the BIG head to do all your thinking instead of the little one. I gotta admire YOU for wanting your cake and eat it too (nice thought) but really STUPID idea to actually think you would get away with it and on that note I want some of what your smokin (lol)...My only advise is YOU might as well screw her brains out and enjoy it while it lasts, because the friendship is toast, it will NEVER be the same...here is an option, get her drunk and invite your buddy over and tag-team her ass and hope she falls for the other guy , yeah I know that is about as stupid as crossing that friendship/sex line to begin with, huhhh... just a curious thought, but did you possibly misunderstand her when she asked "if you wanted it to go further", could she have been hinting around for deeper penetration (LMAO)???... on a more serious side, THANK GOD there were noo innocent children involved or concieved from this hair brain idea the 2 of you hatched up...yes SHE is just as guilty as YOU...sorry dude, I honestly do feel for ya, but I'm hoping YOU learned a serious lesson here...I'll leave ya with yet another scarey thought, imagine if YOU caught a disease from her (nice parting gift from your long time friend), huhhh ...Good Luck to ya
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/27/2007 4:08:27 PM
Here's a novel idea...
How about being HONEST?!?!

Can't you just say "Hey, listen, this was supposed to be a casual thing, but it's turning into more for you, so how about we lose the sex to save our friendship?"
Heck, who knows, maybe that's all it will take.

Oh, one more thing...

Get a spell checker. Your spelling is WORSE than terrible...
http://aspell.net/win32/
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/1/2007 3:29:21 PM
No offense to anyone, but if someone wants to set up a booty call and they expect it to become anything else they're asking for it. Tell her straight out that she wanted it to be just sex, and that's what you agreed to. Be prepared to end it if she doesn't like what you have to say. The more you sleep with her, the more attached she'll get and the more of a nasty ending it may be when it does happen. She should have removed HERSELF from the situation as soon as she got attached and realized you weren't on the same page, period.

This is something that can work if people are adults about it. Unfortunately some people go into this with a hidden agenda instead of being honest and upfront about what they're looking for, or they get attached and stick it out hoping for more - that's their own fault. If both people know their limitations and are honest about what they can handle, no one gets hurt.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:38:27 PM
You aren't her friend at all if this is how you're thinking.
A "friend" is more concerned about losing the friend than about losing his convenient "f$%# buddy".

If all you were going to do was screw her - you should have made that clear from the start. If that's all you want to do now - say it.

You'll get exactly what you're entitled to.
Duh.
 isoU
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/22/2008 9:38:29 PM
Women use sex to obtain a man.

Some women are perfectly capable of having FWBs ... some just try to weasel in on a man that way thinking "If I have sex with him he will obviously fall in love with me."

All U can do is tell her what she wants to hear and prolong the free sex.

FWBs come and go like all other relationships ... except they drain less money.
 supersnuggle
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:35:21 PM
Whats the matter, dude...she is a really good friend, and looks good enough to fuk, but not good enough to be your girlfriend, eh??? Guys like you give the rest of us a bad name!
 nikinikaia
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 5:54:29 AM
Too late OP - you crossed the line in the friendship and doubtful you'll be able to go back to the way it was.

As the old saying goes - ya can't have your cake and eat it too.

You want a booty call to stay a booty call, hire a prostitute or find a woman who has no intentions of wanting a relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > y cant a booty call stay a botty call