Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 skyblu1984
Msg: 258
view profile
History
So you want a second chance?Page 3 of 57    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
hey i took your advice and it was worked out wonderfully. i now have another girl friend and i pretty much erased my ex out of my life. i would like to thank you for the advice.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 266
view profile
History
So you want a second chance?
Posted: 6/30/2006 10:36:06 PM
If you didn't have any physical side to that relationship - you didn't cheat. You can talk, and even flirt, with people without crossing that line. Once the physical line is crossed, it's cheating in the real sense of the word.
 rian682001
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:48:59 AM
Too Tuff.

Did you really make a huge mistake by talking to another guy ??, you didn't cross the line with this other guy, so think of that as a plus on your side. If you didn't love your boyfriend, you would have crossed the line with this other guy. I am not sure about all this "do not contact" advise people are giving you, how do you not know that your "boyfriend" is not just waiting for you to make the first move in getting back with him ?. Remember your on a thread called "broken hearts", most people on here are either going thro a breakup or have gone thro a breakup. Your not going to get people posting here who gave their boyfriend/girlfriend a second chance and it worked out, would you be posting here if your boyfriend gave you a second chance ?, no you wouldn't because you would be back in a relationship with him and not looking for advise. There are people out there who were given a second chance by either their boyfriend or girlfriend and things worked out in the end.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
 cutieyang
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2006 6:34:13 AM
thanks you very much..what you said really let me know a lot ..best advice i've ever had...i will have to print this out and paste on my bedroom wall
 rian682001
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2006 5:08:56 PM
Full marks to you for trying your best to get him to understand what you did. Sometimes it's hard to understand how somebody you have been with for a long time can become so cold hearted. I am guessing here but l bet your thinking how can he not be more understanding after all the good times the two of you shared together plus the number of times you gave him a second chance. It seems like all the moments you spent together no longer means anything. Well the good part is that at least he is talking to you and has not compelety shut you off. Be prepared that the time may come where you have to accept that it's over and there is nothing more you can do to save the relationship. Still hoping it works out for you !
 Eurekacat
Msg: 288
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:41:49 PM
Please....I see you in every girls face.....And I die inside....I cant get you off my mind.... You win....Just approach me if you see me. I might have forgotten your name by....I think they call it memory loss....Due to the combat I was in.....I'm dying girl....get rid of that dog your with now.....He can see his kid but I dont want to be around....I luv u...
 DrewBond007
Msg: 294
Posted: 7/10/2006 3:13:59 PM
. GET TO THE GYM: It's a proven fact that no drug works better at getting someone out of depression faster than endorphins. I do not believe the old adage "The best way to get over someone is to get UNDER someone else." If your head is not in the right place, some meaningless sex will only make you miss the ex even more. While you have the feeling of being lonely, sex isn't the answer. At least not right now. Companionship is what you are missing and in the interim, talk to you friends and work out.

I just broke up with my fiance' and had meaningless sex with someone...and it felt great! haha

Say what you want, but it helped me realize that there are others out there and it was pretty dam GOOD.

You can not go back after a break up. If you do, enjoy being miserable!
 thisbuds4u
Msg: 316
Posted: 7/13/2006 9:08:00 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head with your post. I just wish I had read that a year ago and saved myself a ton of heartache. I was with my exgirlfriend for 3yrs, when one day she felt she was too young to stay serious without seeing what else was out there. Needless to say I was pretty devastated, I truely thought we were meant to be. She still wanted to be in full contact with me, maybe not as friends but just to know what was going on in my life. Stupid me hoping that she would see that we were truely meant to be I kept in contact with phone calls at least once a week and an occasional "hang out" of dinner or coffee. We still say we love each other. She is always on my mind day and night haunting my dreams and everything I do. Now its been a year since we broke up, i've been dating and in short term relationships with at least ten girls and every single one of them I started off having interest in and then I end up finding a million reasons not to stay with them. As for my ex she dated someone for about 9 months before breaking it off with them recently. Last week she asked for a ride like she does from time to time, except this time she asked me to take her to my place. Of coarse who am I to turn away the one I love so much still after all this time, so we ended up sleeping together and holding one another all night. The next morning while were talking in bed she mentions that she doesnt want me to get the wrong idea about what happened and that she still wants to be single. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! Is it too late for me to still get a second chance after being such a douche bag for all this time?????
 thisbuds4u
Msg: 318
Posted: 7/13/2006 11:44:14 AM
It was too hard for me to resist after all she was single again here I was thinking hey she’s coming back to me. I've made allot of mistakes and ur completely right I’ve been at her beckon call. The one thing I do right is I don’t call her or initiate any meetings, its her who does all the calling. But do I just ignore her calls? I know u said before be selective with answering but should I just stop answering, or like when she calls and I do answer should I pretend like im busy and have to go? or be disinterested in what she's says? I tend to get a little depressed if I don’t talk to her for a while, should I think about maybe going on antidepressants? I hear they make you more nonchalant about things.
 lookingforit2008
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2006 12:02:53 PM
What if your ex is a co worker lol kind makes your advice crap in that situation!
 Chrysostom
Msg: 329
Posted: 7/13/2006 3:34:12 PM

Jarbarian - for such a young guy you certainly have your head on straight

Young guy? He's practically around the corner from middle age.
 Chrysostom
Msg: 333
Posted: 7/13/2006 6:25:47 PM

Still bitter I see, Chrystotom

No, not bitter at all. What reason would I have to be bitter?
 babsm
Msg: 335
Posted: 7/14/2006 4:44:31 AM
I must say that for a man you really know how to put words to people's thoughts. I think that there are alot of men in Canada that should read this thread. In fact, I just wanted to say that I am in total agreement of the healing "the heart" process. There are so many men out there that think they can jump from one relationship to another and when each one comes crashing down on them they wonder why "she" wasn't the one. When what they need to realize is that their heart wasn't in the right place to begin with. I have been single for over five years and a big reason is because I refuse to be someone's "crutch" while they decide what they really want. I know what I want and won't settle for less. Thank you again for writing this thread and hope you don't mind if I pass it on to a friend who really needs to read this.

Babs
 Chrysostom
Msg: 348
Posted: 7/15/2006 1:57:21 PM
hurricayne, shut up. Thx.
 Chrysostom
Msg: 349
Posted: 7/15/2006 1:58:51 PM
hurricayne, shut up. Thx.
 TropicalNights
Msg: 353
Posted: 7/16/2006 12:38:29 PM
for katiesfrontporch
Crying is a release. Cry as much as you can and give yourself a time limit for when you stop the crying,pining,thinking. As soon as you can, TRY to remove him from your thoughts Every time they enter your mind. switch to Pleasant thoughts. Lots of them, to distract you. As soon as possible, Go Out w friends or organisations to sugaring off parties, or spaghetti dinners or karaoke , Anything that will bring out the goofy fun side of you n make you Laugh! laughter , after all is the best medicine. Purposely clean out closets, or do vigorous housework, and get exercise even if you only walk down your street the first time,buy a plant, get a pet. You will learn to love th eplant/pet, and watch it ggrow or make you laugh in other ways. Eventually, it will become second nature to you. The oxygen in the brain will clear your mind, distract you, and give you new perspective. With Time you will realise the inner strength you have, and hopefully you will realise that you dont Need a Man to feel fulfilled, and that nediness, you want to be w someone because they Augment the Quality of your life, because they bring, laughter, joy, fun, ease, companionship, loyalty,, then you know that maybe this new friend is a keeper. Also, Never do the rebound thing, its like a rubber ball, it keeps on bouncing back to you. Youve suffered enough, dont torture yourself while still fragile. :) best to you
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >