Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stand by
Msg: 20
does it matter what you drivePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I like women to drive cars low to the ground so when they get in and out they play peek-a-boo.
 Leeanne
Msg: 23
view profile
History
does it matter what you drive
Posted: 3/24/2006 8:29:05 AM
It doesn't matter what he drives as long as it's ... not stolen, it has floor boards and door handles, the muffler hasn't fallen off, not a hearse, not mommies car. He must certainly drive though - I'm a taxi for my kids, don't want to be one for my dates.
 Atone74
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/24/2006 8:31:31 AM
I'm a Jeep freak. Love the Cherokees. If she don't have a ride, I'll kindly pick her up..

IT'S A JEEP THING
 stand by
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/24/2006 8:37:35 AM
Ha, women. For thousands of years men were the ones who always drove the cars, picked up the women, dropped them off. Now with emancipation, thanks to Lincoln (a Republican, bah) women can drive and what do they say? "I'm not going to be a taxi driver. The man has to have his own car." Is there no justice in the world?

Well, maybe not thousands.
 Leeanne
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:57:45 AM

That attitude annoys me.

LMAO - What attitude would that be? That I am concerned for my safety and I'm sick of driving 24 hours a day - damn what a b i t c h - LOL
BTW I have never dated a leech & my ex who I was with for 26 years never drove his own car - never had a reason to - he loved to walk or ride a bike & I didn't taxi him around either, he got his own as$ around - LOL.
BTW I also adore men - nice men - I don't trash them I cherish them.
 big_vegas
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2006 11:58:22 AM
4. '79 Plymouth Roadrunner

'69 and '70, heck yes, but surely you don't mean '79...
 speculativewriter
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/24/2006 12:36:14 PM
Of course it does. But not because of what you drive, but because of why you drive it:

1. You drive an old POS. Why? Are you that poor? If you're that poor, then why? Are you uneducated? Did you get scammed in the stock market and lose your shirt? Can't you hold down a job? I'm sorry, but being able to support yourself is an important aspect people will be looking for. On the other hand, like the person who mentioned they only drive a van because it's a company car... well, that person is a practical, penny-wise person. Nothing wrong with that reason.

2. You drive a domestic. But, what is the reason? Is it that you is that you are a person who isn't into cars enough to do their homework? But then, if you can't be bothered to spend $20,000-$30,000 wisely, then what will our finances be like in the future? It will be a dim future, likely, whether we are trying to save for our retirement or buying a house or what-not. It's like the girl at work here who bought a Dodge Stratus with the engine that blows up after 70,000 miles. (Search car forums if you're interested in the details.) I mean, with hundreds of cars out there to buy, why get one that is guaranteed to have problems? That just shows me a person who doesn't make wise choices. On the other hand, what if the person bought usdm to show patriotism toward U.S. auto companies?

Also, we all have our personal preferences. I would rather date someone who drives a sporty car than an SUV because that is more my "style," that's all...

There could be vastly different reasons leading toward the same outcome... It's not the car itself I would be interested in, but knowing why that particular car.
 playboy4rent
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/24/2006 12:47:21 PM
Yes it does and it also matter if you do not have a car all the women I have ever met car and care alot
 playboy4rent
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/24/2006 12:47:35 PM
i care about what they drive too lol
 designingwoman
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:47:54 PM
When my car is a mess it is a Slaab

When I am crying in my car it's a Saab story

When a Navy sailor drives a Saab it becomes a Swaab....

Could not resist!!

As long as the guy has a car that is well maintained and clean, who cares what it is?

I would not be impressed by either extreme of a guy struggling to pay for a Porsche Boxster or the other extreme of an Uncle Buck wagon. Fortunately most people do not fall under those extremes and drive normal vehicles that are in good condition. That's all I ask.

Oh, do I miss my sweet old Chevy Nova....I"m a GM gal forever!! Chevy makes great cars, and I enjoy my (bought used but runs great) Saab. If you drive a GM car, congratulations, you get bonus points ;-)!!!
 life is tooo short
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/24/2006 11:50:19 PM
as long as it is clean and tidy then i have no problem
 Rock Chic 75
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/25/2006 6:10:34 AM
Since I live in Southern California, where is it is almost impossible to get anywhere without a car. I would have to say "YES". I do not think I would want to get involved into a relationship where the person did not own or drove a vechile; and, another thing.. I despise, doing all the "driving" sorry, but that sucks. It is mantory for me (personally) if a gentleman had a car; but I am indifferent on what type of automobile he owned or drove.
 Aurora73
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:55:25 AM
The car says *something* about who you are, but it's just not the whole picture. Say that the girl you date meets you driving a brand new Mustang. Later you find out that was the rental car, because her peeling-paint Honda with spinning rims was in the shop. The personality (and the person) drives the car, not the other way around. I couldn't stand hanging out in a pimpmobile because of the associated lifestyle -- but the car is just an accessory after the fact. So does it matter to me? Yes, but not as much as it does to the car snobs. :)

~Aurora
 Aurora73
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:59:00 AM
And oh, BTW, the only cars I will ever drive are domestics.

~Aurora
 1inamillion7
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:48:45 PM
Well you dont want to drive a super ugly car. But regardless of this a woman who truely loves you will not care what you drive. But it MAY annoy her to be driven around in a beater.
Good luck take care
 designingwoman
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2006 3:28:57 PM
a SAAB story

So I drive a Saab
When I hear a sad story
I let out a sob
While driving my Saab

One night I drove the Saab
To meet a guy named Bob
He said, "You drive THAT--your'e a snob"
Sadly I let out a sob
Because I got turned down
Just because I drive a Saab
That's enough to make you sob

Cheers, DW

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:39:58 PM
They are silly, that's why.

I don't care what a guy drives as long as he takes good care of the vehicle.

"nuff said.

A Slaab driver

DW

Now if a guy drove a volantor (flying car) that would be something else all together. Everyone would flock to him because that is totally different!! I read an article in Popular Science some time back about the volantor and other attempts at making a flying car. George Jetson rocks!!
 Blown383
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/5/2006 12:09:43 AM
I'm a HUGE car fan. I honestly believe that it really doesn't matter what you drive. In high school I had a 97' Camaro Z28... flashy muscle car and I put a ton of money into it to make it go faster....and I can only remember 2 girls that mentioned anything about my car. However I received tons of attention from guys!

Fast forward 9 years .....Im driving my old 96' Honda Accord daily beater while replacing my motor in the Camaro. The car's paint is peeling, oxidizing, the seats are a little ripped, and its been totalled twice!

With this car I ended up dating a HOT ass girl who had tons of money... she would get bored of the cars she drove every 3 months. She was driving a 80K special edition Mercedes Benz...then got bored and bought a SUV, then an Audi. However she hated to drive and I would drive her around in my piece of sh!t of a car.... I would roll up to Beverly Hills to shop at places like Neiman Marcus, Burberry, Saks Fifth Ave, and Fred Siegel, etc... She didn't care what kind of car I drove.... infact she said she loved it because it took us both where ever we wanted.

I plan on driving this car till it falls apart while I work on the muscle car. The muscle car is getting a 383ci motor, fully forged internals, and a HUGE blower. Im expecting it to make in excess of 700hp... and frankly if the girl doesn't like what Im driving..... screw her... I'm ready to upgrade gfs to a younger model with bigger headlights.

Another example of this is my good friend. He doesn't make a lot of money... think under $12.00 an hour, he doesn't have a car, takes the bus to go to work, and is overweight....but he has a gf who is a model and a go-go dancer at the hottest clubs in Southern California. She drives him everywhere and could care less if he doesn't have a car.

-B
 Gorshkov
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/5/2006 4:51:49 AM
I haven't had a care in about 25 years .... can I start blaming that for the lack of a social life, instead of a gnat-sized peepee?
 avalanchefan65
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/5/2006 5:47:07 AM
"I resent four wheel drives, as being nuisances on the road to other drivers, so I would not want my date to drive one of those."

Maree12: I just have to ask, what it is about a four wheel drive that it makes it more of a nuisance than any other vehicle?

Let me guess... YOU drive a 30 year old Volvo wagon with a "GreenPeace" sticker on the left side of the bumper and a "Free Tibet" sticker on the right side!

Pick-up man for life!!!
 prettybikerchick
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/9/2006 3:55:07 PM
Yes it matters, because it takes a certain amount of responsibility to own and drive a vehicle and stay out of trouble with it. If they don't have a decent car then it shows they are somewhat irresponsible. If they do have a car and take good care of it (whatever kind of car it is) then it shows they have respect for there belongings and that they work hard for what they have. To me that says a lot about a person
 lynney
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2006 4:18:53 PM
the only time it matters what you drive is when all you can think about is how much your significant other can buy you.

in other words, you're 16 and think a car displays status, or you are a selfish, self absorbed mooching little sh*t.
 captainbaud
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:31:33 PM
I drive a camry. Yes, sensible & practical. But... it has pimped-out chrome rims (actually, the damn thing came with 'em!) and dark tinting. But wait, there's more. It's totally geeked out. Notebook computer mount 45 degrees to the right of the driver, hooked into a GPS unit and bluetooth link for internet access through a cellular phone.

Folks get into my car and say, "OMG you're such a geek!". I thank them for the kind words, of course. Then they want to play with all the toys. Go figure.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

(sorry, not an actual clickable image. The host I used for it has annoying popups, so I don't want to subject folks to that. The thumbnail should be good enough for reference. ;) )
 blondago56
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2006 6:13:45 AM
yeah, ...to The Insurance Company!!

*note* for me: it needs to be CLEAN, needs to run well/be maintained, and not smell like an ashtray...
 killerdogsmooch
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/10/2006 6:24:07 AM
I can appreciate both ends of the spectrum. I love to date a girl who drives a fast sports car and she looks great in it, and I like to date a cutie who drives a dented rust bucket because she is so real.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >