Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I started to type an e-mail ... but then thought maybe I should share this with the Pond ...

As Muskoka Gold points out, some folks are pre-occupied with "skin deep" beauty ...
(hmmm ... perhaps we should christen this "The Clearasil Syndrome ... since it appears more predominantly in the hormonal youngsers ... ?)

On the other hand, evolution is a slow process - we still prize "face to face" meetings and conversations ... and then there's the ever-elusive "love at first sight" ... sigh ...

Harking back to another thread on the senses (five or six, depending on one's viewpoint), the rhetorical question resurfaces: "What constitutes 'beautiful' when one's eyes are closed ... ?" (i.e. "there's more than meets the eye" ...)
 mystrygal
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 5/19/2006 8:38:43 AM
I am hoping to find a long term relationship, but yup there is that but,
find that when it comes down to getting serious and the feelings are
there guys seem to run like scared rabbits.
you have the communication talk about your fears and everything
so both parties are understanding where each other come from things
seem to be going good.. then you get slapped with it "dear john letter.
Not even man enough to say it in person...just email..guess thats is easier..
well my question is same as others why do they say long term if they aren't
finished playing games..yeah I know you guys will say that gals play to well that
could be possibly true but its the gals that get hurt in long run....
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 5/22/2006 7:33:07 AM
... Ever notice that when you look at your friends, they have no external criteria to meet? ...

Now THERE is a quote to take to the bank ... !!
(ranks right up there with "Love me, love my dog" ... hmmm ... no doggie smilies ... hmmm ...) :wag:
 bluedew
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/22/2006 1:14:55 PM
I have found the right guy a coupla times over the years, only to find out someone found him first, ouch, no sex, just compatible with everything I enjoy, we talk, get along, and then someone informs me that the guy is taken.
 onman
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/17/2008 8:10:48 PM
Go girl!!! You siad it more than I could say. If you ever contest for a public election, I will vote for you!
 Timberghost40
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/22/2008 2:31:02 PM
Ouch....

So you saying the money brings happiness? Or only to the owners of those dating sites?

Ladies... if Mr Right/Mr Perfect existed... wouldn't he be already married or taken? And if you were Ms Right/Ms Perfect... then wouldn't you already be taken?

I think that people set too high of standards and then blame everyone else but themselves when their attempts fail. Think outside the box... don't let things like age or the fact that they live in Wasamazoo Alberta stop you if you ARE SERIOUS about finding someone.

And seriously ask yourself.... you have been single this long... why do you suddenly need someone in your life right now?

Cultivate friends first ... meet everyone you can and attend the events. Even if you don't meet someone at these places... they may know of someone who is perfect for you.

AND MOST importantly of all....

DON'T GIVE UP!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2008 3:50:27 PM
I think that the fact we're here looking means we haven't given up yet. I've had a couple serious relationships over the past few years and for whatever reason, they haven't worked out. I'm not about to let that discourage me. What's discouraging is finding a man in my age group locally that isn't scared of commitment once the time is right. Yes, I said locally because, I have done the long distance, the semi-long distance and....when it comes to that next step (ie. someone has to move), it inevitably fails. With that said, I'm trying to stick to local dating. If it takes me a bit longer, than so be it.

As for women expecting not to pay for dates, I think you're just meeting the wrong women. I for one ALWAYS offer to pay my way and for 90% of my dates I've had over the years, I have paid my way. Even in my last serious relationship, my ex-boyfriend could never complain that I took advantage of him. If we actually had run a tally, I probably paid for more than he did...lol
 Firmbear8
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/22/2008 10:27:51 PM
Oh man ! Dam dust !HACK /COUGH /SNEEZE !
LOL
Look some of us are actually on here looking for to find Mrs.Right or Mr .Right!
And some are just on here cause their bored or have no reall life or friends !LOL
As for me I am only here to find Mrs.Right and if she isn't to be found soon then I'll stop looking for her and just continue on with my single life .
What I get a laugh out of is people so darn insecure they complain even about how someones profile does not have propper punctuation in it. Now if someone is gonna complain on something so minor I would hate to even meet or date someone like that ! As to me thats a boring/rude person totally!

And yes like any singles site their is some just here to meet/get laid /and move on to the next one!
And also there is some no one knows why their here as their not lookin to meet or date anyone !LOL
 dwinottawa
Msg: 131
Posted: 10/20/2008 7:12:46 PM
All I can say is that I do believe there are serious people looking for serious relationships. It is true that there are many men on here that are players, and a women does have to sift through the bottom feeders until she finds the honest guys, it can and does happen that two people will connect. My first month on this website was rather intimidating, what with all the crap and proposals that were being sent my way. But once that stage was over, I have met some really great guys.

One thing with dating sites, and this is only my opinion, is that there are so many men (and women) to choose from, and you read profiles, send emails, meet, maybe even date, but it takes time to meet someone that will be the special one for you. And of course, that special person may not even been on this website.

So to the question, yes I think there are serious people here, they are just hard to find. And yes, women are probably more jaded because of the bottom feeders, aka the players. Most men I have talked to say they don't get the crap that women get, although they do get women players as well. It is a journey, a tool, but not a guarantee. Don't set your sites on this site only.

So have patience, and happy fishing.
 lizziechan
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/10/2009 5:12:45 PM

I just think people are not going to settle anymore - there is too much a stake - life has become extremely complicated and people are looking for uncomplicated relationships. A relationship where they can escape from the rest of the world. Where they can find solice in one another. It is best never to go into meeting people thinking this can be the one - just let life happen - if he/she is ment to be in your life then it will happen naturally. Leave the personal feelings out of 'casual dating' until you have a 'committed dating' partner to focus on.

I have to agree with Leanne with this - there is no time or place where you can meet the love of your life... Its best to focus on working on yourself, making the best person you can be.
 Red !!!
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/10/2009 6:29:17 PM
yes, don't give up yet. l'm feeling like you, very discouraged. hope you meet that some one special. l'm determined to not give up. All the best to you in your search. Hey l'm over here. lynn
 sassysinger
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 5:39:54 PM
I am looking for Mr. Right. The reason I know what Mr. Right is like is because I spent almost eight years with Mr. Wrong. I have not dated anyone else, despite that it has been a year since our last break-up but I won't lower my standards because I deserve so much better than what I have had!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:29:00 PM
I just received a couple disturbing emails (uninvited) by a local man that made me think of this thread. As I always do, I read the sender's profile first before reading the email. I like to get a sense of the person behind the conversation, should one begin. I was taken aback by what I read. Nothing about him, just endless drivel about how women and men are full of crap in their profiles, and endless disrespect towards women.

So, I go ahead and read the email, an opinion already formed in my mind. The first email was very confusing. So, I respond respectfully, asking why he had emailed me as I was unsure what he was looking for. His response........ To sum it up.....All men are looking for short term and not long term, and he hopes I'm not wasting my time waiting for it.

Of course, there was a little more to the email but it left me feeling sorry for this man. I could see in his eyes (his picture) that he was carrying a heavy load of anger and sadness. I told him that all though he may believe this, I feel there are many men out there like myself looking for someone special. That I felt sorry that there was a woman or women in his life that hurt him. That I was not attracted to a man that carried little or no respect for women and that I wished him well.

As I had suspected, a nasty email telling me I'm fat followed. Gee, how did I know someone with such adoration for women would resort to name calling?...lol I had to take a second look at his age....Yup, 45....some boys just don't grow up.

I still believe there is a man out there looking for Ms. Right and that maybe, it's me.
 Julyblonde
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/18/2009 6:56:56 AM
Believe it or not, I am still of the thought that there is someone out there for me....a small part of me keeps hoping that..

Now, having said that.. and no, no one has pi**ed in my corn flakes..

I am really beginning to think that this site is used for let's see how many women I can f*** .

The one's I think are serious are not...rather tired of the b s ..yes, I know men love sex.. and yes, as do I, but there is a time and a place...tired of being judged by my looks and I don't think I am dressing provocatively..you meet a nice guy.. have a nice time..and within a short period of time ( on the first date )..it starts...the advances..the pursuit and the trying to get me in to bed right off the bat...

yes, I am venting and ranting but seriously, people... I soooo give up...

In conclusion no, there isn't anyone that serious..

Just my rant for today...

JB
 Julyblonde
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/18/2009 7:19:13 AM
Having said ALL that....

ONE also must have an attraction, a spark to the other person...an interest....NOT just any Tom, D ick or Harry .. just because they are nice or say they are nice ..does not mean well let's go out then..doesn't mean that you are attracted to them....and also does NOT mean I am hugely picky and have a huge wish list for Mr Oh So Perfect.. I am not perfect and am not looking for perfection it does not exist !!!

There has to be oh so much more...

Just adding to this ...

as the hate mail is pouring in...LOL

JB
 Celticmist
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/18/2009 8:43:58 AM
Sorry to hear the hate mail is pouring in Julyblonde. Don't give up hope, I have mre than a few friends who have made a serious connection here, some leading up to marriage.

There will always be idiots (men and women) in the world, in real life and online. They get tiring it's true, but all in all I usually find them good for a laugh.

Their behaviour also helps me steer clear of them, and to warn my friends
about them.
 Julyblonde
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/18/2009 9:11:44 AM
Exactly celicmist !! Hate mail..LOL too funny...it has definitely given me my morning laugh..

As for the ones that keep deleting me off their favourites lists ..LOL.. good !! Saves me the deletion...and tells me a lot..and says to me that if they don't get what they want... that they move on..LOL

this site should be called "plenty of I want my cake and eat it too"

Just my two cents worth....

JB
 My I
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:23:06 AM

this site should be called "plenty of I want my cake and eat it too

There is one thing I can brag about on this site. I've not had to play games with women. On the other hand, I experienced a lot of grief a while back because others thought they would change my mind regarding a long term relationship (I'm not seeking one). When these women failed at changing my mind, I was the a$$hole - go figure. I learned a huge lesson from this site in that regard. Since then I've not dated anyone from this site..... and things have become peaceful.

I don't take this site seriously..... too much drama. I'm lucky to be so far away from most of the bullshit.

Julyblonde, you're a total sweetheart... don't let the jerks ruin who you are.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 10:01:21 AM
I believe that there is someone out there for everyone! That person may not be swimming in this pond here we call POF they may be at your local grocery store, church, LCBO, etc

I have made a lot of great friends here which I am grateful for but hey I shouldn't be surprised if one day I log on here or go to a POF event and find a special lady I really connect with

I am trying to keep my options open to other places where I have the opportunity to make new lady friends which may lead to something more serious down the road! So far I have made some great female friends here and other places and maybe one of their girlfriends will become available who may be my Mrs. Right

So I say make as many friends as you can with the opposite sex as they can hook you up with their hot girlfriends

If your buddy's ex girlfriend is hot then go after her too
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 3:37:04 PM
I just realized osmething about the title of this thread. I'm not looking for MRS. Right!!!! Mrs.???? Egads man no wonder you are having such a tough time meeting the right one!!! Keep dating married women and that will always blow up in your face!!! hahahahahaha
 minako79
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/26/2009 5:17:49 PM

I know who I am, I know what I want. I am not blaming my ex's for things not working out. They just wanted something other than me. All I am saying is that we all have had bad experiences. Some more than others and we should not blame one another. We are all aging and don't want to be alone. With time there comes experience and wisdom. Use it and you will prosper. Remember patience is the key to prosper.

That's one way of looking at things. :) No matter how bad our exes broke our hearts, we need to keep moving forward no matter what, never looked back and learn from that lesson - maybe fate needs us to meet a few wrong ones before we can finally meet the right person for us and be grateful for that gift. :)

Either way, I will go on with my life if I happen to meet him offline or online.
 fire lake
Msg: 151
Posted: 1/28/2009 6:36:57 PM
Dunno, but seems to me we could be doing all the looking we want. But until the waters are tested it will always be Looking without the Finding.
I'm around to find.
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2009 10:42:25 PM
Simply put... if that person is the right person and you're the right person for them... then BOTH you and that person will make all the effort to make it work out.

I personally know there's a whole lot of people looking for that lifetime commitment, but because many of us want it to last "forever"... both men and women are extremely particular about who they choose by which some of my friends thought I was afraid of being committed because of how often I would kindly back away whenever any of them would say or do something hurtful towards anybody and themselves... like I'm looking for an excuse. I can't just jump into a relationship... it has to be very meaningful... regardless of how gorgeous they are which I learned at a very young age that going on appearances alone can really be way too problematic.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/11/2009 5:13:25 PM
Well yes there is lots of us singles honestly seeking a longterm relationship on POF!
But it seems now only the ones with the yellow icon beside their profile pic are the honestly seeking ones and the rest of us are just here to play games !
 minako79
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/16/2009 10:49:36 AM
The more you look harder, the more you won't find it... I don't wnat to 'look' or 'search' for him either. I will enjoy my life as best as I can and if I happen to come across, an interesting guy, we will take it from there. Of course, I still have dreams to get married one day and have my own happy family. :) I'm not Cinderella and looking for my knight in shining armor... He may come in dents (so do I) but we can work something out. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >