Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Firmbear8
Msg: 156
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Well yes there is lots of us singles honestly seeking a longterm relationship on POF!
But it seems now only the ones with the yellow icon beside their profile pic are the honestly seeking ones and the rest of us are just here to play games !
 minako79
Msg: 160
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 3/16/2009 10:49:36 AM
The more you look harder, the more you won't find it... I don't wnat to 'look' or 'search' for him either. I will enjoy my life as best as I can and if I happen to come across, an interesting guy, we will take it from there. Of course, I still have dreams to get married one day and have my own happy family. :) I'm not Cinderella and looking for my knight in shining armor... He may come in dents (so do I) but we can work something out. :)
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 3/16/2009 2:34:08 PM
I really think it's a fallacy to think there is a Mr. or Miss Right for everyone or that there is one person out there perfect for me. you know what the odds are of meeting 1 person? What if the right person for me lives in South Africa, or Sweden, or Russia, or Japan?????????? Don't go telling me that fate will bring us together either lmao. I think there are plenty of people who would be a good or great fit with me. Just gotta put yourself out there and meet people and eventually you will find someone who you are compatable with, who makes you feel all giddy in the pants, and that you really enjoy spending time with. It may not happen on this site, but eventually it will happen. If not, then you will settle for someone and live a boring yetnot lonely existence ... hahahahahaha
 michael feir
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/27/2009 4:41:45 PM
I've come to believe that there are numerous individuals with whom each of us could find life-long love and happiness. Thinking in terms of an absolutely "right" person can prevent one from being willing to compromise. The ability to do this is fundamental to a healthy relationship. I've recently had a woman who my friends, family and I were all quite certain was prepared to marry me suddenly decide to break off the engagement. She decided, after all that time, that she just wanted to be single for a while. That hurts like hell even if, given the stress she's been through, it's intellectually understandable. Given my somewhat unusual life circumstances, I know it'll take somebody willing to look beyond the ordinary attractions to find me worthy of such a serious commitment as marriage. Doubtless, I'm in for a long stretch of single life. Even given unusual circumstances though, I think it just stands to reason that there are many different potential partners for each of us. The trick is striking the right balance between going for good compatibility and not setting the bar to an unrealistically high level.
 FishOwl
Msg: 164
Posted: 4/28/2009 12:26:24 PM
I actually found a woman - not on here - whom I believed was Miss Right.

Didn't find out until almost too late that her first name was Always.

Think about it.
 minako79
Msg: 165
Posted: 9/4/2009 2:05:48 PM

I just think people are not going to settle anymore - there is too much a stake - life has become extremely complicated and people are looking for uncomplicated relationships. A relationship where they can escape from the rest of the world. Where they can find solice in one another. It is best never to go into meeting people thinking this can be the one - just let life happen - if he/she is ment to be in your life then it will happen naturally. Leave the personal feelings out of 'casual dating' until you have a 'committed dating' partner to focus on.

If that old mantra stop searching still works :)
 someonetookmyname
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/4/2009 7:23:47 PM
ok...i`ll bite.... looking for Mrs.Right? i think in a way we all are ...however I dont put much stock in finding her here ...or on the net period ...of course I have hope that I do but like most on this site POF is just another option . Besides...text words are sometimes easily taken wrong ...its hit and miss
 My I
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/4/2009 10:16:40 PM
I find a lot of people within this site need to "get it out of their system" before becoming serious. There are a lot of angry, hurt, shattered and battered people who need to get through their personal issues before moving to the next level. This site permits many to go through that chapter in their life. Some take years to get over thier negative feelings and unfortunately, they aren't being fair or honest to those who have got past their issues and are serriously seeking a mate.

Yes. I think there are many serious people looking. It's just a matter of crossing paths with that person.... online and/or in the real world.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2009 3:07:08 PM
It does get discouraging when you run across many men/women that just aren't ready for that next step and you've been ready for quite some time. I will never give up hope that he's out there for me. I could just as easily say that this internet dating doesn't work, but I know that it does. I know several people who have met their significant others on line. A few of them have met on this very site. In fact, my best friend is marrying the love of her life this October and they met a couple years ago on PoF. It CAN work, it just takes time and patience. I have days where I believe I'm meant to be alone for the rest of my life. It's good to have a best friend that smacks you across the head and brings you back to reality...lol. It happened for her, it will some day happen for me.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:42:04 PM

Of course there are people looking for "perfect" Mr. / Mrs. right.
 minako79
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:24:13 AM

Of course there are people looking for "perfect" Mr. / Mrs. right.
too much expectations i'd say, it's okay to have standards but be realistic what you're searching for.
 minako79
Msg: 176
Posted: 9/12/2009 10:11:42 PM

Sadly I believe.............there are 'not' very many women, seriously looking for someone...or it could just be my luck..
Trust me, there are TONS of women who are looking for a committed relationship... If you where to look in the right places? I could say the same for men though too.
 judycc
Msg: 177
Posted: 12/28/2010 3:19:50 PM
I can say for myself I am seriously looking , but as for the men so far I have met that say that, seems to me are just seriouse about convincing me and once I have been convinced prove they were not seriouse about nothing, but getting into bed with me at any cost. The same thing is currently happening to me right now, I was wowed by him thought he was the answer to my dreams and he was the non stop I miss u , ur great, I think about u all the time. Then bang suddenly emotionless texts , short calls and maybe Ill see u next week kinda thing.
 LILSPICEOFLIFE
Msg: 178
Posted: 1/11/2011 5:11:44 AM
The problem is that.. no one one remembers anything about life it's self.
We were taught that until life do us part!! Wrong!
The reality is that... until love last !!!

The one you are with is the one for now..
One must remember love is always constant no matter what..
The things is here... most people haven't learn any valuable life lessons from the past. Like most people are saying on this subject.. most of you have only obtain the negative part instead of the positive part of a separation or and end of a relationship.

Some were harsh endings like mine..But when I stopped playing the victim I became the victor. Today I know what I want and what to look for in a woman. I've bean single for 14 years...Oh I've met a few women a long the way.. I wasn't ready for anything serious ..
Like most of us on pof or any other cites aren't ready for anything because they haven't let go of the past hurtings.. and haven't yet learned that They must take their own responsibility to happend to them..

The things is most people haven't learned to be honest with them self first to their emotions thoughts and feelings!
They haven't relearned to love and accept themselves first..
Any one can love someone but how can anyone be in love with someone if they aren't in love and can't accept themselves first of all ?!

We all know the old saying.. your are what you eat..
You attract what you don't want! now to change all of that one must change his or hers prospectives on life and on themselves first.

How?? think and feel positive. Start accepting your selfves and loving yourselves firast.. don't mind what society says what is and what's not!
Be honest to what you feel inside ,Be honest with your emotions .That way you'll always be honest and true to otheres..
Remember, thinking and feeling creats our reality!

And, as for you my young lady.. enjoy life ,,there's no right or wrong there's no good or bad.. There's only the thinking of what it is... So if your intuition says, that he isn't the one ,,then your tru self is telling you he's not the tru one. Don't play him ..because what goes around come arround 3 time .But if you let him know that he's not the true one.. than there's no harm done to no one!
Just listen to your self be honest with your tru toughts,emotions and feelings ..and allow your self to grow , evolve and bloom in to the a real respectable woman...
 LILSPICEOFLIFE
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/11/2011 5:45:42 AM
what was your first intuition??
your gut feeling about that relation at the first meet?
You should always listen to your first intuition about everything .
It's always easier to blame others for what we allow to happen to us!!

That's the problem with humanity .. no one listen to their intuitions and if they hear it they Will automatically block it, because they prefer to lye to them self about it than accept the facts.. I call them( romantic) people cthat lye to them selfves.. No not the type of romance people are use to think of .. but those romantics prefer to see other wise than the truth it's self..

They will choose to ignore the feeling inside the fist allerts, when something happens or someone hurts them..or when it doesn't feel right and still they continue to choose to ignore the alarms and keep going on the same path and when something bad happens to them they blame what or who ever instead of taking their own responsibilities to what happends to them!!
People chooses to lye to them selfve than afterwards blames otheres to what happens to them!

Did you prefer to lye to your gut feelings?/ Can you accept that the fact what happend to you.. your intuitions was allready telling you to not go on ???

Stop and think of it for a bit and let your true feelings honesty come out!!
Truth is harsh if you let it be harsh. but can esealy accepted if we allow it !

Again. people find it easier to blame the others for what they allowed to happened to them! DARND FOOLS!!!!!!!

If people would start thinking acting and feeling positively about themselves and their own lives starting with the past and the now present .their futur will be positive, They will only attract what they want instead of what they don't want! Life is easy . We just have to do the first steps to a better life! I've started a long time a go and even if I'm still single today... I'm getting closer to the one right for both of us.. whom ever she is... and where ever she is.
 lisaao
Msg: 180
 hpl0
Msg: 181
Posted: 1/12/2011 10:03:43 PM
I beg to differ with LILSPICEOFLIFE.

My take is that people mess up relationships mostly because they rely on their gut feeling. If it was to rely on my gut feeling, I wouldn't even finish the high school. Most things in mathematics were against my gut feeling, not to mention physics or technical stuff.

If I'm on top of a mountain, my gut feeling tells me that if I'd jump off the cliff, I'd be the first one at the base of that mountain. How about not to follow my instinct, but give it a try and climb down a steep incline through rappeling (abselling)?
It might be harder, but it is safer for sure. :)

The same with relationships: it is not an easy way or even straight one, but forget your instinct, and use your brain more and in a better way. Try to understand your partner before open your mouth, don't consider your partner guilty until proven innocent, and don't take everything as being personally to you. Many mistakes are acausal, many times there'll be misunderstandings because of the lack of knowledge and sometime later you'll end up understanding them, but it will be too late.
And so on.

And by the way, normal people are changing. Some of us are rigid and entrenched in some hard to change perspective in regards to life in general and relationships in particular. Trust your partner and allow him/her to change if there's desire. If you are able to help him/her, that's even better.

The goal of a relationship is to continue to grow as individuals, for both of partners. What's the point of being in a relationship where any of the partners will stagnate or will regress?
My two cents.

And by the way, I'm serious, ha ha ha.
(... See? Probably, you've already misjudged me.)
 english lass
Msg: 182
Posted: 1/16/2011 4:26:38 AM
Well, I'm only serious a portion of the time...but I'd still like to find a nice bloke :)
 curious2bhere
Msg: 184
Posted: 1/16/2011 3:56:39 PM
Years ago my sister had introduced me to this site, however she did caution me in regards to honesty on here.
To which I found vast boarders in the area of being serious with some on here.
I myself can honestly I'm serious with most areas in life, along with having fun when the time arises.
Geoff
 Hooby89
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/21/2011 9:05:16 AM
na there isnt anyone serious about anything anymore,, to many times people have be stung,, being with someone you dont know is about growing together, learning, enjoying a new experience,, not about wether you will like everything they like,, if your open to life and its adventure, you will eventually see that what you need will be there. If you walk with expectations expect to get hurt,, if you dont have time to learn and be patient and open to what this world has, then expect to be used as nothing just happens over nite. If you allow a person to sit an tell you all kinds of nice things, then meet them and get all excited thinking they are into you,, you will just get used,, a persons actions,, the respect they show you,,is far more important,, example i spoke to a lady,, i asked if seeing anyone,, she reply'd no , just been talking with a fella for about three weeks but its only friends,, i stated i dont want to interrupt in the situation, ,, she went on to convince me there was nothing between them,, asked me to come to her house and have a coffee,, i finally agreed,, spent about 6/7 hours talkin , was nice,, everything seem'd fine,, next day Sue sends me a mail saying ,, I dont want anyone, and you knew i was invovled,, funny as she kissed me on the way out the door, i thought about it for a bit,, wondered wtf,, then a friend said, well maybe you werent agressive enough, ,, she invited you into her home, and you didnt give her any more then a kiss,, hmmm, well so much for giveing respect first. Shit happens, its how it goes,, but you can expect that 65% on here are married or something simalar, or have been hurt so bad it rules their way of thinking, time is the only way to know a person, to see if they walk with honor, who can be open and honest regaurdless of their past, but have learned that ya just dont go around shiatin on people because of your own personal wants, as its a two way street and we are all different,, and if ya arent willing to come to a compromise,, well you will spend a long lonely life, wondering why. Just like the person i was just talking to,, she had been chaseing a man for 14 months yet he was married, and had given the old sob story of the sexless marriage,, well now thats the biggest joke i have ever heard,, sexless then why still married if thats the case,, dont have to stay married to take care of your resposibilities,, its funny the excuses given for all the crap, can blame all ya want on who ever. If your fortunate enough to find a partner not caught up in pof and a list of names, they call friends, yet f them,, then maybe just maybe you will have found a real friend,,
good luck sorry if i ticked anyone off,, but being nieve is no excuse
take care have a great day
 TheSilentMan85
Msg: 186
Posted: 1/21/2011 11:07:11 AM
I'm looking for Ms. Right, but I've been told by a few female friends that I should not post that in my profile -- they tell me that saying I want a relationship right off the bat will scare girls away; that girls want to date first.

It makes sense to me that girls want to date first before committing to a relationship, but if my goal is form a relationship with someone, shouldn't that be mentioned in my profile?
 Preemo13
Msg: 189
Posted: 2/12/2011 12:22:30 PM
That's why we are on pof no????? I think older people is more serious then younger people. To those who have actually found and meet their match here, all I can say is props.
 niceguy169
Msg: 190
Posted: 2/13/2011 6:41:06 AM
I simply quite agree with what your saying I just don`t understand why when you try to meet someone chat or whatever why don`t people be honest and say not interested, just want to be friends or good luck not what I am looking for. Just for once some of these people should try and be honest it might work to there benefit.
 ladylyn5150
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2011 8:57:24 AM
I have been on this site for some time and have yet to even find one date. It has been some time since I dated anyone and sometimes I think that it would be easier to just give up and resign my self to being single for the rest of my life.

I am done raising my children, own my own home, have a car, have lots of friends, unfortunately all of them are married and I hate being the third wheel.

Sometimes the loneliness is overwhelming but it is better than being in a relationship that isnt working.

I have been thinking of deleting my profile but still hold out hope for someone in the pond to spend time with.

Good luck to everyone.
 Genuinefriend1234
Msg: 193
Posted: 3/3/2011 9:14:06 PM
"There are too many selfish people needing to hurt others if things don't work out.... it's not worth the risk."

Very true. It is almost impossible to find someone you can trust. The biggest reason for this problem is everyone is only looking for what they can get from the other person. Guys as well as girls. Most guys in here are only really looking to meet someone ONCE for sex even though most claim to want long term so you will agree to meet them. They don't want to commit to any one person, because then they won't have their freedom to do what they want. Some girls probably feel the same way - especially if they have been 'burned' before - for the very same reason - NOT WORTH THE RISK. If you meet someone a second time on here - you are witnessing a miracle.

It will happen with a LOT of luck and lots of wasted time and many years meeting loosers. I certainly didn't find they guy I am currently dating on this site. From my experience, I don't think anyone on here is really looking for a 'Mr/Ms Right - relationship'.

It happened to me ONLY after I COMPLETELY gave up on it. I delayed meeting this guy because I didn't have the patience for it any more. I found it was a complete waste of my time. I met him once over two years ago and I don't think we have missed many weekends hanging out since. If you are looking for someone perfect, you are wasting your time. Guys are only going to be guys. They may pretend to be what they think you are looking for for a short time, but when they get comfortable with you - they are going to turn into your 'typical' guy. They are either going to be lazy couch potatoes, or cheaters who can't commit to one person more than a couple of hours. It is a matter of figuring out what you can tolerate and what you can't. We just have to accept that is the way it is going to be - or decide to remain single. The biggest problem I found is guys on dating sites were 'MARRIED' - some admitted to it - some tried to hide it. I dealt with this problem so much I could tell they were married by talking/chatting with them for a few minutes. You just need to ask the right questions - and it is so easy to figure out.

Good luck!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >