Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men Are Jerks!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daisie
Msg: 276
Men Are Jerks!Page 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I think men are wonderful! The best times of my life have been shared with men, my best memories are of men, and some of my future plans include men. I love getting to know them, playing with them, flirting with them, touching them, joking with them, being friends with them, listening to them, sharing with them, being nice to them, looking at them, eye contact with them, inside jokes with them, going places with them, dreaming with them, being serious with them, connecting with them... Yep....it's a good thing!

sure there are some rejects who must be avoided at all cost...but they're easy to spot and easy to get rid of. And....lots of nice guys are out there to enjoy.
 cynderalla
Msg: 277
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 8/1/2006 8:54:18 PM
All men are jerks and women are B*tches yes we all have are own rules to the game...
Please help me, who are we to judge anyone?
I found a great guy and a lot of girls on here would tell you he is no jerk...so not all men are jerks! As not all women are b*tches.
 drrilll
Msg: 278
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 8/2/2006 12:22:31 AM
Lol, this is the thread that does not die. Maybe the mods should make it a permanent subject.
 marshw
Msg: 279
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 8/2/2006 5:49:40 AM
Only wusses and married guys do that crap. You're better off without them,,,aren't you?
 canadian_guy85
Msg: 280
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:12:57 AM
I do and do not agree with this statement, I know a lot of guys who are the good ones, myself personally am one of them. but all the reasoning i have is because I have 3 older sisters and threw out the years i have seen them happy and then crushed by ***hole cheating sob's. i know what its like to be hurt i have had a ex who slept with 2 of my now ex best friends on me, as well as abusive mentally, and physically. personally I have really high morals, I can't hit a girl even if she kicks me in the nuts, if that happend I probably deserved it. If I don't deserve it then she falls into the abusive catagory :( its late i havent slept in over 24 hours sorry about the spelling.

anyways back to what i was saying, I myself did cheat on a couple of the girls i went out with when i was younger. let me tell you i wont ever cheat again, the worst things happen to you. you feel guilty and you just cant be happy with them any longer. and the ones you cheated on them with is just as bad. i wont cheat. and after my sisters found awsome guys and got married, one sister isnt and she chooses the worst loser guys to date. not to brag but my sisters and I whom i concider very good looking, actually i have seen the family name on facebook and there really isnt a ugly one in the bunch :) anyways, yes almost all guys are ***holes, but why do the girls fall for them? i have a good job, i make more money that i know what to do with, and trust me i waste all of it on crap, lol

my point is, when im a ***hole, who i really am not anymore after all the shiat i have witnessed with my sisters i just get the girls i want. but when im myself and nice and sweet and caring they just arnt that attracted to me, its not to do with my looks i know im amazing looking :P im actually just your average guy. but a girl will be happy with me when im a jerk then when im really nice. the ones who you cant attain are the ones you want more and more, girls are stupid! i hate how the system works.
i guess it doesnt help when im attracted to cute skinny blonds or brunettes :) who are at least a few years younger than me, girls at 24 want too much and expect too much and dont have any fun,

well thats all i have to say for now,

Garry ~~one of the good ones~~ few and far between
 mdk
Msg: 281
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:49:39 AM
WOW... a lot of information to digest..

First, there is no excuse for standing someone up.. But, why are your parents involved in the situation so early.... Parents or children should not come into play until there is talk of being exclusive... Please it hard enough to have a connection these days.. Don't put so much pressure on yourself or the guy..

If the guy was feeeling the pressure that maybe one reason why he walked... Keep it low key with minimal expectations...
 FvckHerGently
Msg: 282
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/15/2009 10:46:52 AM
Men are jerks, asholes, Women are bithches

(does not include all)
Thats old news. On to better things.
 808 syndicate
Msg: 283
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 10/24/2009 7:53:17 PM
LOL Wow this guy sure did a number on you. Simply put, guys do all this shit...because they can. I will admit myself that at one point I did get off on messing with a girls feelings, only to lead her on with intensions. Some womens feelings are so fragile that it's pathetic.

I have a few other reasons why I used to do this, but I won't go into detail. You have to remember, there will always be a**holes and jerks that treat some women like shit and sad to say, there's not much you can do on your part. You can either take the bull by the horns and take control of your feelings, or just simply laythere and get stomped on repeatedly.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:12:17 PM
I dont know what kind of men intrest you or are attracted to you but I have never once stood up a women, niether anyone in my family to do such a thing. My guess it is the kind of men you attrract. Assess what it is that makes you attracted to the men you choose. Very overly self confident, bad boy type will take you for granted, abuse and use women and will stand them up without considering anyone else, I have seen how they operate. They brag of thier conquest and say how they move on to the next one. Dont condemn men but assess why you date the sort of men you do. Try giving some time to the guy you may not have considered before, they just might be the ticket.
If you always take the bumpy road, your car shocks go bad. The nice smooth road has little effect on your car and allows it to last.
 Wicked_Cricket
Msg: 285
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:28:39 PM
STICK TO YOUR GUNS cherry- my dad had to meet any boy that wanted to take me out - in this day & age you can't be too careful and your parents are more likely to know a real loser when they meet one.
If he's worthy of you, he will not have a problem meeting your parents before he leaves the house with their most precious possession
And you're right, alot of men are jerks - but not all
 barbee1970
Msg: 286
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:17:52 PM
That's why if you want a loyal companion--get a dog or cat, the 4 legged kind. Sheesh I did nothing to get stood up tonight, but I am fed up!

Oh well at least the cat won't walk off with another woman!
 ChefAmber
Msg: 287
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/18/2010 5:26:48 AM
Just ran across a jerk from the past on this site. This azzhole, met me in person once. We didn't hit it off. Okay that's all good. A year later he wants to try again so he tells me the place to see what's up. He shows and then speeds off. You know he had to have been planning that. The dumbazz is going bald now lol sweet justice.

He is a tacky classless jerk and if there are any texas bbws (he singles them out as he claims to like them). I will warn you to avoid him he is not a nice guy.
 Fifi47
Msg: 288
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/18/2010 5:36:15 AM
^^^^^sorry he was such a jerk, but if you didn't hit if off earlier, why did you meet him again?
 ChefAmber
Msg: 289
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/18/2010 5:42:21 AM
To the poster that said women and hotties are never mistreated by men. WTF?
Halle Berry's husband cheated on her, Jessica Simpson is apparently the ideal beauty, Tony Romo was trying to screw her friends. That is just a couple of examples. Rhianna got the shit kicked out of her by Brown, Mariah Carey was cheated on by a previous guy. These women are supposed to be the elite in beauty, and yet they too get treated like crap.
If a guy is an azzhole, he will be an azzhole to any woman he is with, big, small, tall, short, rich, poor.
 ChefAmber
Msg: 290
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/18/2010 6:17:58 AM
Because the meeting place was five minutes from my home. I was curious as to why he called again. I strongly suspect he was married because he has a 6 year old daughter he never mentioned before.
 Benedanti
Msg: 291
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/18/2010 9:12:54 AM
It's like this, honey. Guys will always stick by the prideful "I'm a GUYand Guys do....(insert immature deed here)...so deal with it." No matter what. Unless they find that woman of their dreams....no scratch that....I know many who Still do it. It's rediculous. We're tought.. trained rather...to think of others. They think of themselves. Some are just innocently blind to it and they grow up...some will always stay that way. The trick is not to be that Bimbo and up your standards and do not sway. Do not put up with the shit if you feel you deserve better. Women read magazines that teach them to do something different about themselves to impress the guy. Here's a novel concept. Be YourSELF! If a guy doesn't like it, tell him to piss off. If you have manners, then say "No, thank you" then. They'll keep being jerks if we allow them like bimbos do.

Then you get the good ones who get Our lousy attitudes projecting what "jerks" men are and that just starts the cycle all over again. Just know your standards. Are you looking for a good man or are you looking for a piece of fairytale ass yourself? The good men are out there. You just have to be the good woman and not succumb to the bimbo that we've been brainwashed to think we have to be.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/18/2010 4:57:32 PM
There are plenty of jerks of both genders. There are plenty of great human beings.

I think to an extent, it does depend on perspective. It's human to see the flaws in someone and react when we feel we're being mistreated, disrespected, etc. Not saying we should "take it" or have to deal with it.

Many people are reactionary, few are proactive. I'm as human as the next person, no Mother Teresa, and at times I've gotten the nasty, mean emails (for whatever reason) it's rare I even try to figure it out. Most often it's someone angry at something or someone else, as it's noone I know or have had any contact with.

I have empathy for angry people, it's a human emotion. And I won't be anyone's doormat or beating stick, still I can respond in a kind way and not react in kind. (I don't ALWAYS do, but more often than not.)

I don't like ME when I'm anrgy, so there've been times when I can break through that with humanity and sometimes they've even become good friends.

Think about it, many people are angry about something, so they tend to dump that on whoever's in their proximity. It's not good behavior, but it's understandable. Give them a chance to reflect and not react in anger...not a magic formula or will "work" all the time, you just never know.

There are terminally angry, dysfunctional and toxic personalities. Nothing anyone of us can do about that, the only thing we can control is how we react/respond.

I've met and interacted with many fabulous people here, male and female and in "real life". Things happen in my life that I get upset, at times angry about, but I keep it to myself and express those feelings to those people who know me and I trust. It diffuses pretty quick, and most often we're laughing about it later.

I've learned self preservation, and the terminally angry, those who enjoy argument or tearing anyone else down to make them feel better, it's my choice who I make a part of my life. Whether it's a coworker, friend or family, I can cut them off.

Most men aren't jerks, or women, but can be when you encounter them not at their "best".
 soliebtdielerche
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/18/2010 5:52:36 PM
Mods? Mods? mods?

This topic has been overdone already, and I think this is a fairly good example of a flame post: "Why Do I Keep Getting Stood Up, Rejected and Cheated On?"

To answer the OP, I just don't know, I only know I don't treat women like that.
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 294
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/19/2010 5:19:53 AM
Hummm? This thread is 5 years old! With the writers attitude towards males I would guess that she is by now a prison guard at Alcatraz, or has her face stuck in a hairy muff somewhere. Good Grief!
Just listen to me....maybe we are jerks?
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 295
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/19/2010 7:58:21 PM
hmmmm, okay, both sexes have thewir flaws there are jerks and ***holes in both, women aren't perfect angels either, but it's more expected for the woman to be a little more lady like and the guy to be a nice person and they have a good time. that shit is in fantasies and fairytales, not real life so grow up and except that things seldomly work out the way you want them too. big deal. life goes on.
 oye101
Msg: 296
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/19/2010 10:05:58 PM

Im serious guys will drive you to drink,some guys will make you go lesbo

no shitt, that's how I feel sometimes! I wanna go lesbo now, probably is I'm not attracted to women :-( dammit!
 longhairbadass
Msg: 297
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/20/2010 1:10:28 AM
I like these self weeding out stupid people programs in the forums. The advertising their lack of intelligence makes this much simpler. Thank you.
 *~ Joy ~*
Msg: 298
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/20/2010 4:52:38 AM

Women are irritating!
Aww page 13, that lost its impact

ROFLOL!!!

catman50
Msg: 299
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/20/2010 5:09:54 AM
I have had 4 woman who said they wanted to meet . THEN , they backed out . 1 said . " i want a guy that makes cry . leaves me home with the kids while he goes out . " either a good way of saying I don't want to meet or a bad line . others have said , the nice guys turn into jerks .
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 300
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/21/2010 11:41:26 AM
I have seen plenty of nice guys eventually turn into jerks........
but I have never seen a jerk turn into a nice guy. (suggestion)............

DITCH THE BUMB !!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men Are Jerks!