Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men Are Jerks!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pokormon
Msg: 26
Men Are Jerks!Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Girls and guys are the same way.. What's the difference? Guys can admit it!
Symptahy whores who get off on being the victim tend to be girls.. This is the problem..
 azblueskies57
Msg: 27
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:16:16 AM

Lose the "few extra pounds" and they'll show up.

and the rebel flag, too many obvious racial overtones. Unless you wanna attract white only, neo nazi skinheads.

Bandito
Msg: 28
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:10:04 AM
Gender bashing threads.....oh how novel, this one should have stayed in the thread graveyard

Bashing genders for their poor behaviors isn't productive. You could have posted "People are Jerks" and made the post less offensive.

The truth is that most people that come and use on-line dating services tend to be selfish and self indulgent. Why do I say that? Well it is a theory based on the fact that people take advantage of the fact that on-line is less personal so they don't feel as guilty or remorseful acting impolitely, rude or selfishly.

So I guess I would say don't be suprised by anyone's behavior that you meet on here. I would also promote that the behaviors you complain about are demonstrated by both sexes equally.

Just my two cents,

Bandito
 bucsgirl
Msg: 29
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/28/2006 4:22:25 PM
warrior You're right some women can be cold. I've seen it and it just stinks. Believe me, I'm sure all of us at times aren't proud of the behavior of one of the specimens of our gender. The thing is that here, especially, the men outnumber the women by a decent ratio. So some women certainly have more choices and it's usually the guys making the first contact anyway. I know it seems lopsided. It maybe is. Men have the candy store/shopper mentality too trust me. Quite often, when you're trying to nail them down to a meet because you're just tired of yapping on the phone they disappear. Call you 6 months later or email hey how are you doing what's up. haha Who are you? THey don't realize in 6 months you've probably had a hundred or more emails and since they weren't interested enough to spend half an hour chatting over a cold one, you more or less just wrote them off. It goes both ways. Everyone gets to a point sometimes, gee, what a waste of time. Darn, I could have knit a cover for an RV in the time I'm goofing off here. But at the same time, we have that one dangling shred of hope that maybe the next one. Maybe tomorrow Mr/Ms Wonderful will sign up, find me and it'll be happiness ever after. And that's not a bad thing. In the meantime we keep plodding along, trying to keep our spirits up and not get jaded.
There are really LOTS of awesome guys here. Many of my friends here are guys, I think they're all terrific. And we all hang together, give each other a pep talk or let each other rant and cry on each other's shoulders and say it's gonna be better. It's great to be able to make those friends here.
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 30
view profile
History
people can be Jerks!
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:09:15 PM
i'll say it again, genderising and stereotyping isn't the way to go.
we are all in different yet same places in life; we are human. it doesn't make us better or worse than anyone else, it just makes us uniquely different. with some similiar desires, perceptions and traits. and some different too, soo, now what's all this fuss about?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 31
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:14:02 PM
That's what I'm talking about. My dear friend twlight, love you too, is a great lady, the real deal.
That's the thing anyone can be a jerk. Didn't we learn that in elementary school? Kids can be SO mean, some adults are just taller, bigger kids. Some don't grow up. But when you find those that do, it's great. Finding a terrific person and having a great friendship I realize this IS a dating site, but making great friends is just an added bonus. There are a lot of awesome people here. And there are plenty that aren't. Just keep it simple, the golden rule works real well, I've found. Treat everyone how you would like to be treated, whether they deserve it or not. If they don't at least you can feel good about yourself, because you did the right thing. And who knows, one of those friends may become the love of your life. It happens, really.
I'm always up for a hug, crazychic. Glad you stayed!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 32
people can be Jerks!
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:10:47 PM
kitkat With no disrespect, but women should treat men with respect and love too. It's not a matter of entitlement, it's about humanity. Women who feel or expect to be treated a certain way by men, well that's great. It's not about who treats who better, ideally they both should. Women by their gender are no more entitled to respect than men are. Sorry, that's just how I think. And I don't know about you, but for me I can give it first. I can and I have and I will. It works for me, I love it, I'm a happy, loving person and noone will change that.
 Billbug
Msg: 33
people can be Jerks!
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:38:29 PM
Bucsgirl...
I am starting to have a healthier respect for some women's opinions of men's feelings.....don't stop now....
 the good humor guy
Msg: 34
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 5/10/2006 10:37:03 PM
advice: never judge all by the actions of a few, or you'll end up alone and bitter

unless one meets all, one can't say all
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 35
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 5/20/2006 3:08:51 AM
But one can say majority with facts....So who cares....Personally i gave up years ago....You women on here and everywhere else act like being a jerk is bad or something...So far from the truth...Look what kind of man majority of women go with...I stated it before and i will state it again...There is no shortage of women for jerks...They worship the ground they walk on.
 apollo 1?
Msg: 36
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 5/20/2006 3:36:25 AM
How right you are.
 TexasDon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 5/20/2006 1:29:36 PM
IF you were to invite me SKYDIVING, not a missing truck nor wild horses would keep me fom showing up!!! As for "men" being jerks. I have met afew. But I have met many moreWoman who "jerk" men around. I personaly think it isn't just men, nor waman. I think it is a human thing. Not a very good one. but none the less it is there. I am not a jerk to speak of, but if pushed I will be one. But for the most part I think most of us are good and don't like treating people in a humilaiting way. But sometime people, open mouth and incert foot. Besides that he might of just got scared. And didn't want to admit his fears.
 sayonara7
Msg: 39
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 5/20/2006 3:51:52 PM
Yes, they are.Need anymore confirmation????
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 40
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 5/21/2006 2:23:29 PM
I am a guy and I know men can be jerks but one way men are much better than women is that if a man is not interested in someone they wish them well. Women on the other hand can be petty and if they are not interested in you they soon become interested in you if they see you with another woman . I find that very strange and frankly I do not understand that in women.
 Hcir
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 5/22/2006 11:56:05 AM
it is all in the mix honey. I've been stood up b4 and been laid out flat. Does that say something about all woman? people are all different-find the right one-know what I mean?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 43
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/3/2006 10:40:06 AM
It's like a tornado either way, someone's gonna lose a trailer and there's gonna be a lotta wind!!
 Splinter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/3/2006 10:46:20 AM
My advice is to meet the guy yourself first before you have him meet your parents. No wonder he didn't show up. I wouldn't either. That is way to much presure.
 SouthernCherry
Msg: 45
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/3/2006 11:04:11 AM
people let this post go! its old im glad sum of yall find it very funny cause theres nothin wrong with laughing and maybe thats what its there for like i said b4 in my other post not all men are jerks.he was a jerk cause he was married and had a kid. yea i was mad at first cause he didnt say nothin but now i see why he did it its cause his wife was after him.Now that after i talk to his wife she saids hes a abuser,he didnt want to see his daughter anymore and the computer was his life he like playing with girls minds and hearts cause he gets off on that but yet he still wants her back.shes already move on with her life and is doing great with out him.so as i ment for sum men are jerks is cause if u have a good wife and a kid you should be with them if u love them i mean there is no since in haveing that little girl or boy grow up with out a daddy around. cheating is wrong and if ur going to do go ahead and tell the person.dont try and sneck around cause ur going to get caught and the truth will come out one way or another. yall can talk about what i wrote and whats on my profile i dont care its there and untill yall step in my shoes then dont judge me. yall dont know me and i dont know yall but what i do know is i been thur a hell of alot that most of you havent been in.so again i am sorry for posting this in the first place i wanted to get peoples two cent about thats why i posted it i didnt mean to make it sound as bad as i did and im sorry guys please dont take it too heart i didnt mean nothin by it.
 SouthernCherry
Msg: 47
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/3/2006 7:54:59 PM
okay the deal about my parents was because i meet guys off line never met them b4 and theres no mall no where to meet them in my town cause its a dead town basely. i still live with my parents at that time and growing up my dad is strict and wouldnt let me do nothing just basely kept me on house arrest cause he didnt want me to screw up like my brother did and get in trouble. so thats why my dad wanted to meet him b4 he let me go off with him anywhere...wouldnt u want to meet who ever takeing ur daughter or want to know who ur kids are hanging out with. yeah i know my dad a jerk. again i know its not just men woman can be jerks too i done said i was sorry if it hurt any guys feelings. i can sit here and try to explan to everyone my life style but there will be sum that wont get what im trying to say.basely my dad didnt let me go to town to meet anybody and i dont have any friends in this town cause there backstabbers.so thats why most of my friends are from the internet. yeah lots of guys came and saw me and had no problem saying hey and who he is to my dad and then bam we left and went and done our own thing.it was only 4mins of the guys time to say hey its not like i was takeing him to meet for like saying hes the one or what not...its not like that.its just so my dad will see im in good hands so he can just back off...i accept who i am,what i look like and if people dont like that oh well.its my life and what i do or think its my business and my choice.i wanna go in the law eniforcement because i wanna help people and save kids lives.so hopefully yall will understand everything now and if u still dont tell me what you dont understand and ill answer.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 48
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/4/2006 7:52:07 AM
butterfly has it right. Yes, as others have said it's good to vent. The forums, however is not the place for that. It won't help you attract anyone, some people must totally forget that their posts show up on their profile.
If you need to vent, call up a friend or write in a journal. Go take a long walk, do something to distract yourself. When you cool down, then you can post, it's obvious when people post when they're angry. You're also more likely to break the rules and either get a time out or permanent ban. If you're not sure if you should post, then don't. Take a few minutes and come back later.
Common sense and self control go a long way.
 sparticuss
Msg: 49
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/4/2006 6:19:59 PM
Everyone was excited because I am the only single one left of all my friends and guess what...he never showed...
======================

Suddenly!

I can tell you the reason he never showed. It was for the reason you wanted him to show. You didn't want him to show because he was special to you. You wanted him to show to impress your friends. To prove that "hey, I'm as good as the rest of you. I can get a man too"
In doing this you have reduced this man to the status of a fashion acessory.
 sparticuss
Msg: 50
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/4/2006 6:25:23 PM
well i live with my parents still untill i start college in the summer and i had to ask them if it was okay for the guy to come over cause its there house i couldnt just bring him over without there say.thats disrespectful
=================================

Cherry.

When you can start showing your boyfriends the same respect as you show your parents then, and only then, are you ready for a boyfreind.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men Are Jerks!