Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men Are Jerks!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 canyunflyer
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!Page 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I have to wonder if the originator of a thread like this is for real??? this has to be contrived...just to get people going...right? I suppose it is of some worth if it gets a decent discussion going. (maybe?)

I could get very insulted. I happen to be a man. And I hve Never don any of the things that are insinuated by the op in her ranting and raging diatribe! But, I choose not to take it personally. this woman needs no help from me in hurting herself! I wouldn't get within 20 miles of a bitter vindictive type like this! Not if she paid me! Hell, if you accepted money..then you would really be on the spot!! ha ha! You better produce...Boy!!!

I've said it before... I'll put my horror stories up against Anyones! And, I'll bet I leave most of you in the dust! But, I'll be damned if I am going to condemn all Women just because of my bad experiences. Who the hell do I think I am, anyway. How audacious! How self righteous. How irresponsible. How utterly self centered...and on and on. NO ONE is ever the poor inocent victim in these kind of scenerios. None of us!

If we are smart...we start to figure out what OUR part was...and is.

It seems my Mantra on these forums is quickly becoming....."STop the stupid Generalizations" . Not only is it very unbecoming to the originator.... but it is just Not true!!!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 63
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/17/2006 3:44:54 PM
I may get hell for this, but there's nothing a man pulled on a woman and succeeded that she didn't let him get away with. In other words, men would be walking a line constantly if it wasn't for some woman or succession of women that accepted his behavior.

Therefore all men aren't jerks, most of them just don't know the rules for the particular woman they are dating since it changes with every new woman. If universally we all just agreed on what we would allow from men and what was a complete deal breaker, we could just give them a list and all would be right with the world.

I think men are pretty straightforward and if we see more to something than is there we can get burned, but a lot of times there are signs of what we're dealing with but we ignore 'em cause we want to make it what we want it to be.

A very small group of men are TRULY jerks with no concern for it, but so few that it's not worth discussing.
 rdurham
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/18/2006 8:08:26 PM
Well all men are not jerk this is a double sided card..

I'm a single parent and believe me we have the same problem over here...

they are many reason why i man or woman refused to meet you outside of the website...

Some may be married when other may be using other people pictures.

Who know the real reason...

just keep your eye open and u will find the one you seek...
 sparticuss
Msg: 65
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/19/2006 3:23:08 AM
Jereks?? Men???

Take a look through these beauties. All women.

I don't know of ANY man who comes anywhere near these women on the jerk meter

=================================

"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman."
— Catherine MacKinnon

"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience."
— Catherine Comins, Vassar College,
Assistant Dean of Student Life in Time, June 3, 1991, p. 52

"Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice. Rape, originally defined as abduction, became marriage by capture. Marriage meant the taking was to extend in time, to be not only use of but possession of, or ownership."
— Andrea Dworkin

"No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice, precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one."
— Interview with Simone de Beauvoir,
"Sex, Society, and the Female Dilemma"
Saturday Review, June 14, 1975, p.18

"In order to raise children with equality, we must take them away from families and communally raise them."
— Dr. Mary Jo Bane,
feminist and assistant professor of education at Wellesley College
and associate director of the school's Center for Research on Woman

"Women's Liberation … in the short run it's going to cost men a lot of privilege... Sexism is NOT the fault of women -- kill your fathers, not your mothers".
— Robin Morgan, Editor of Ms. Magazine
 Pedro_Sanchez
Msg: 66
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/20/2006 2:40:56 PM
Shot gun wedding - nice first date. Hay carrrrrramba!
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 67
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/20/2006 2:51:28 PM

this is coming from a 19 yr gal who dresses like pippy longstocking

More like the girl on the Swiss Miss hot chocolate boxes.

The large family pack box you buy at Sam's Club.....

If you read through the whole thread you will laugh harder than reading a book of toilet jokes. You get the feeling by page 3 that it is a total joke, or something posted by a child of some inbreeding family in a trailer parked somewhere in backwater Florida. Full of Elly Mae Clampett kind of stuff!!

"Mah daddy sayed......"
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 68
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/20/2006 3:07:01 PM
What's wrong with Pippi Longstocking? She portrays an independent female and has been a great role model for thousands of little girls.

Is jerkiness assigned a gender specific identity? I have been jerked around by as many women as I have been men and I am sure some people think I am a jerk.

They are totally wrong, of course, I am more of a (expletive deleted).
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 69
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/21/2006 5:26:46 AM

i can not believe a disgraceful disrespectful MEN BEATING RUDE THREAD IS STILL UP!!

And that came from a beautiful, sexy woman. Bravo!!

To Donder, you can't "take the parents out of the equation". She wanted the guy to "meet maw and paw" on their FIRST DATE!!!!

WVPrincess, you really have issues. I don't know what you can do about it in West Virgina, but I'd at least sit down and have a chat with Uncle Dad, ok? And you can discuss installing that indoor plumbing while you are at it.
 SouthernCherry
Msg: 70
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/21/2006 6:20:15 AM
why cant yall let this go? i done said i was sorry and i cant delete this.But my say in this dont matter cause yall look over anything i say but the first one. I wish yall would stop cause i just lost my parents and it hurts to see yall talk about my parents like they were nothing. im meeting guys just fine and yes i know woman can be jerks too cause i was one when i wrote this and im sorry.Everything was on my shoulders at that time and i didnt know where else to go so i went here..Yes i know i shouldnt have and yes i was too hard on guys.im sorry guys i do not think guys are jerks anymore i understand it all.You have to go thur bad things in life in order to get to new ones.So please can yall please stop with this one. To all guys: i didnt mean no harm in writeing i was just trying to get a few opioions on the matter and see if there were other girls that felt that way. i do not think guys are jerks and im sorry and i hope yall can over look that. if yall cant then go ahead and keep makeing fun of my words and about me,it dont bother me.
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 71
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/21/2006 3:04:44 PM
You are familiar with the concept of humor, sarcasm..... ?
 sddude
Msg: 72
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:29:15 AM
I am on my 6th no show this year , I know all women do not do that ...
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 73
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:50:40 AM

but here's my reply to inneowithgeo

I have been thinking for 5 days now about how desperate I would have to be where I would want advice from a woman in West Virginia.....

I was driving through West Virginia 2 years ago, and spaced at about 100 yard intervals were signs, in Burma Shave fashion, that said:

When you travel
In our state
Buckle up
And don't tempt fate

And two thoughts came into my mind at once. One, they probably scoured the colleges in West Virginia to find a journalism student who could come up with that catchy little ditty, and two, they paid someone for that.

And then I started coming up with my own signs.

Yes, believe in
What you read
Here in the hills
We do inbreed

and

Though our hillsides
May look great
Our state IQ
Is 68

And the one that would say it all

Our colors here
Are gold and blue
We really wanted
Blue and orange
But nothing rhymes with orange....
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 74
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 7/25/2006 3:29:56 PM

And, btw, you aren't as funny as you think you are

Madam, you are throwing spitballs at a battleship. You will not outwit me, and I suggest you learn to recognize humor when you see it.

As far as my not being funny, private emails contradict you.

Oh, sorry for the multisyllabic words.

Let me rephrase that in West Virginian.

"Boy howdy, y'all ain't funny."

Y'all is wrong, honey chile'.
 mdk
Msg: 76
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:49:39 AM
WOW... a lot of information to digest..

First, there is no excuse for standing someone up.. But, why are your parents involved in the situation so early.... Parents or children should not come into play until there is talk of being exclusive... Please it hard enough to have a connection these days.. Don't put so much pressure on yourself or the guy..

If the guy was feeeling the pressure that maybe one reason why he walked... Keep it low key with minimal expectations...
 FvckHerGently
Msg: 77
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 6/15/2009 10:46:52 AM
Men are jerks, asholes, Women are bithches

(does not include all)
Thats old news. On to better things.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:12:17 PM
I dont know what kind of men intrest you or are attracted to you but I have never once stood up a women, niether anyone in my family to do such a thing. My guess it is the kind of men you attrract. Assess what it is that makes you attracted to the men you choose. Very overly self confident, bad boy type will take you for granted, abuse and use women and will stand them up without considering anyone else, I have seen how they operate. They brag of thier conquest and say how they move on to the next one. Dont condemn men but assess why you date the sort of men you do. Try giving some time to the guy you may not have considered before, they just might be the ticket.
If you always take the bumpy road, your car shocks go bad. The nice smooth road has little effect on your car and allows it to last.
 barbee1970
Msg: 79
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:17:52 PM
That's why if you want a loyal companion--get a dog or cat, the 4 legged kind. Sheesh I did nothing to get stood up tonight, but I am fed up!

Oh well at least the cat won't walk off with another woman!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 80
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/18/2010 4:57:32 PM
There are plenty of jerks of both genders. There are plenty of great human beings.

I think to an extent, it does depend on perspective. It's human to see the flaws in someone and react when we feel we're being mistreated, disrespected, etc. Not saying we should "take it" or have to deal with it.

Many people are reactionary, few are proactive. I'm as human as the next person, no Mother Teresa, and at times I've gotten the nasty, mean emails (for whatever reason) it's rare I even try to figure it out. Most often it's someone angry at something or someone else, as it's noone I know or have had any contact with.

I have empathy for angry people, it's a human emotion. And I won't be anyone's doormat or beating stick, still I can respond in a kind way and not react in kind. (I don't ALWAYS do, but more often than not.)

I don't like ME when I'm anrgy, so there've been times when I can break through that with humanity and sometimes they've even become good friends.

Think about it, many people are angry about something, so they tend to dump that on whoever's in their proximity. It's not good behavior, but it's understandable. Give them a chance to reflect and not react in anger...not a magic formula or will "work" all the time, you just never know.

There are terminally angry, dysfunctional and toxic personalities. Nothing anyone of us can do about that, the only thing we can control is how we react/respond.

I've met and interacted with many fabulous people here, male and female and in "real life". Things happen in my life that I get upset, at times angry about, but I keep it to myself and express those feelings to those people who know me and I trust. It diffuses pretty quick, and most often we're laughing about it later.

I've learned self preservation, and the terminally angry, those who enjoy argument or tearing anyone else down to make them feel better, it's my choice who I make a part of my life. Whether it's a coworker, friend or family, I can cut them off.

Most men aren't jerks, or women, but can be when you encounter them not at their "best".
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 81
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/19/2010 5:19:53 AM
Hummm? This thread is 5 years old! With the writers attitude towards males I would guess that she is by now a prison guard at Alcatraz, or has her face stuck in a hairy muff somewhere. Good Grief!
Just listen to me....maybe we are jerks?
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 82
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/19/2010 7:58:21 PM
hmmmm, okay, both sexes have thewir flaws there are jerks and ***holes in both, women aren't perfect angels either, but it's more expected for the woman to be a little more lady like and the guy to be a nice person and they have a good time. that shit is in fantasies and fairytales, not real life so grow up and except that things seldomly work out the way you want them too. big deal. life goes on.
 catman50
Msg: 83
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/20/2010 5:09:54 AM
I have had 4 woman who said they wanted to meet . THEN , they backed out . 1 said . " i want a guy that makes cry . leaves me home with the kids while he goes out . " either a good way of saying I don't want to meet or a bad line . others have said , the nice guys turn into jerks .
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 84
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/21/2010 11:41:26 AM
I have seen plenty of nice guys eventually turn into jerks........
but I have never seen a jerk turn into a nice guy. (suggestion)............

DITCH THE BUMB !!
 Vannili
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Men Are Jerks!
Posted: 1/21/2010 12:30:14 PM
I have seen plenty of nice guys eventually turn into jerks.......
but I have never seen a jerk turn into a nice guy,(suggestion).... DITCH THE BUMB

It is true that nice men turn into jerk by a woman's doing,and his decision to be a jerk
And it is *UNTRUE *THAT A JERK WILL NEVER TURN IN TO A NICE GUY, if a bad man turn in to a nice guy HE is the nicest man on earth...My observation .
Women who said that Men Are Jerks are like people who sh!t on the plate where they eat their meals.
Decent women don't deal with people that are low life, so therefore they don't know
each other. It is as simple as that.
P.S.
Jerks and low life are different, so you women you may want to throw all the Jerks Men who are womanizer etc over here,as long as they are mentally healthy. There is a big shorted of men,just a little work on them and they are okay.. Hehehehe..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men Are Jerks!