Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Black man's hatred for the white man??? come on guys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 doggg
Msg: 26
Black man's hatred for the white man??? come on guysPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Racism and hatred is common in ALL cultures and geographic areas.
It's not pleasant nor does it benefit any one society as a whole in any given manner.

Being a product of "mixed breeding" myself, I have seen racial prejudices first-hand everywhere, including in my own family. I had 4 grandparents consisting of 4 different nationalities. My own parents had to secretly elope to marry because of deadly threats made against my father by my mom's dad regarding his love for my Mom.

The funny thing about that was when my Mom & Dad eventually returned as a married couple, all was forgiven and all previous quarrels were laughed about and forgotten. Life in my family moved on to conquer other challenges.

Racism and prejudices are merely "fears of the unknown and misunderstood" through ignorance. Confront these fears and provide proper guidance & understanding of the unknown and most of it will disappear, if not all.
It's not an easy task to perform, but it is something worth working towards to better our society.

ONE WORLD - ONE LOVE
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 27
Black man's hatred for the white man??? come on guys
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:14:04 AM
This is one of the things that I meant in some of my past posts regarding this sort of stuff and it is unfortunate to see this sort of stuff going on because people get irrate and outraged over being judged over something silly and this is what I mean. People can take things to heart or they can be under so much discrimination of any kind and then that may stick in their head and then they feel worse about it. That is why I have expressed such a detailed and what seems to be reinerating theme to some of my posts and that is that there are some forms of "freedon of speech" and "judgments" that we are better of not making. Sure we have freedom, but mind you that we also have a conscoince and we can't keep making negative ideas in our minds about others or in general.

I tell you that if alot of us would be more coutious and more aware of what we do and try our best to do whats right and have an open mind and a clean conscience than alot more people would be happier and less depressed and all. It's so important to understand this.
 pat_983
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:27:19 AM
^^^ @mardioluv4u.. Your post is somewhat disjointed. What are you trying to say?
 Leeanne
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:33:08 AM
You know what !? I just have to say this!
When I lay beside my bf and look into his eyes and we smile at each other and feel love from each other, I can't help but think, Why the he!l can't people understand loving someone of a different, culture, race or religion is the same love you feel from any other man. The real person is in the heart, soul, integrity, of the man, not on the outside or based on the differences in culture, race or religion we have. If some people would only 'get it' we would live in a happy world.
For those that may not know my bf is from Nigeria (he is blk.) and I was born and raised in Burlington (Southern Ontario) & live there still.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:35:53 AM
{^^^ @mardioluv4u.. Your post is somewhat disjointed. What are you trying to say?}

In other words, I think that anytime we judge others on such issues and we see them not for the person they are but for how they look on the outside, that is bound to create some problems for another person and it makes things difficult in terms of intersocial dialgue and stability.

I have many times posted elsewhere and stated my thoughts on these sorts of issues and the harm that discrimination and racism etc, can do to another person or group of people. To make a judgement, for example, about a persons character and personality and only basing it on how they look on the outside or having that influence your view of them is just plain WRONG and SHALLOW and it just makes things more of a problem.

That was my basic point and has been in many posts that I have posted and it's clear that this sort of stuff is a big set back in our societies if we ever wish to genuinely moive forward and proceed into a loving ,accepting society.
 pat_983
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:52:18 AM
^^^ @mardioluv4u..That was well said..the problem is that in the worls we live it hatred exsits. Its unfortunate but it does exist.
given the choice..I would rather deal with a vocal out and out racist and know exactly where I stand rather than deal with someone who harbours these thoughts in their heart and show it in other more subtle ways that in the long run are even more hurtful and damaging.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:02:24 AM
{^^^ @mardioluv4u..That was well said..the problem is that in the worls we live it hatred exsits. Its unfortunate but it does exist.
given the choice..I would rather deal with a vocal out and out racist and know exactly where I stand rather than deal with someone who harbours these thoughts in their heart and show it in other more subtle ways that in the long run are even more hurtful and damaging. }

You have an interesting point there and I agreee that it's good to atleast be open about this and don't be denial about certain prejudices that may be there. It's good to be open and don't keep it in, because then that also makes things confusing and it wastes time and patience.

There are many people that have done that and have kept it in for a while and thats not a good idea for anyone to keep it in themselves.

If soemone has a problem with someone else , I say let it be known and let otehrs know so we can deal with it and maybe try to help that person out and try to influence them in a good way. To many people harbour all sorts of disciminations and racists thoughts and other negative feelings too, and it just creats an uncertain environment for people.

I believe that these issues CAN be dealt with and that why it's good for someone to just spill the beans and let it out so others know what they having to deal with.

I think being in denial is very bad to do and it just plays games with another person , so people should be upfront about the silly things they feel for another person or people.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 10:43:28 AM
I am a whiteman and I can understand the black mans hatred for white people.Have you ever listened to talk radio lmao? Basically the whole tone of talk radio is rhetoric spewed by the right wing talk masters and there are many subtle covert attacks on blacks . If i were black I probably would not like or trust white men either . You need not look no further than our whitehouse to see the prejudice toward the black man. I have not even got into Hurricane Katrina , but thats another thread
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Black man's hatred for the white man??? come on guys