Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 datingsucks43
Msg: 4
do u find the older u get, when u are not in love, sex isnt as great?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I totally agree! I thinks its all a part of growing up!

~beach
 Bandito
Msg: 7
do u find the older u get, when u are not in love, sex isnt as great?
Posted: 3/27/2006 9:36:24 AM
I agree that casual sex isn't very enjoyable. Perhaps it once was, but it just doesn't fit me or my lifestyle at this point.

Casual masturbation, on the other hand (literally), is still enjoyable My doctor told me if I would file off my golf calluses off my hands I would feel like I was 16 again....wow! was he right
 Bandito
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/27/2006 3:33:13 PM
^^^No...its the older you get the more you whine....ya, thats the ticket
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/27/2006 3:44:54 PM
I dunno.
I go back and forth on this issue. Sometimes I need to feel loved, others I just want to cum and could careless about love.
When I was younger I needed/had to be loved.
 Bandito
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/27/2006 3:47:09 PM
@~muffy~ what you don't read the post from whiners here? - awwww men/women why can't you reply/date/show pics/be nice/don't lie/sex...and no sex/call/pay...etc
 jasperjohn
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:21:51 AM
yes i feel like that... i think once uve been in love at all and have had sex with that person, then casual sex just doesnt come anywhere close and u end up disappointed.
sex is great, dont get me wrong, but unless its with someone Ive got deep feelings for, then forget it... i get bored really fast.
 GMan85615
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/20/2009 8:21:47 PM
Yep. I was in a passionless marriage for eight years...the sex was something I did to shut her up, more or less.

I've had a few casuals along the way since...but having rediscovered passion, WOW what a difference.
 MsMicki
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:56:31 PM
Nope!
Love has nothing to do with it for me!
I've had some of the hottest sexcapades of my life with my FWB.

Is sex in a loving relationship awesome........hell yeah.....but it is not a requirement for me to enjoy an extremely passionate sex life.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 6:24:37 AM
When I was in my 20's I would never have believed how I now feel. The older I get the more I need a relationship in order to physically respond. I have a strong labido but I need a relationship in order to really respond. Along this same line if the woman I'm with isn't emotionally and physically responding I, eventually, peter out (pun intended). All in all my ability to respond is tied directly to her emotional and physical response which requires a relationship. No response from her, little response from me and this response comes from a close relationship.
 MsMicki
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 3:09:38 PM

? It's only when you're with someone special that the sex is(and makes the sex) memorable enough to want it, crave it, enjoy it, love it.... etc....

For you.

It doesn't work that way for everyone.
Pretty presumptious to think someone can't have memorable enough sex to want it, crave, enjoy it and love it.....without being in a committed relationship.

and not everyone that has sex without love......is having sex with "so many" partners.....
nor are they jaded to it all.

It gets really old hearing this crap that just because someone is capable of having sex without love.......they must surely be out screwing everything that walks by them.
Not everything is as black and white as some like to make things out to be.
 egboy
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 9:49:32 AM
When I'm deeply in love with someone it is the best. I allso have some amount of love for everyone I'm with. I can't just have sex with someone I feel nothing for. When I do have sex I put all the love and feeling I can into it.
I found some women that don't know how to handle that and never hear from them again. I guess it scares them. I don't tell them (I love you) because I don't know them that well and I wouldn't say it if I don't realy feel that we could be together.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/24/2009 5:55:50 PM
I completely agree. If I don't have feelings for the man, I would just as soon pass. I am so crazy about my S/O, that just talking to him or chatting with him drives me wild. The most important sex organ is definitely the brain.
 MsMicki
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 6:06:51 PM

MsMicki: It doesn't work that way for everyone.
Pretty presumptious to think someone can't have memorable enough sex to want it, crave, enjoy it and love it.....without being in a committed relationship.

mchurch: Yep, when I didn't know what an absolutely mind blowing experience sex can be, I would have agreed with you.... but then I discovered that what I thought was great sex was just pretty good sex... But hey, if you're happy with what you're getting no problem....

Did u just ASSume once again?
You slay me!
You honestly think I haven't had sex while in love?
Good Gawd mchurch......has the pedastal you've put yourself on got your head so high up in the clouds you can't use common sense anymore?
Try again!
and this time, when you're trying to make a point.......try being a bit realistic.
 MsMicki
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 6:35:59 PM
We're all human with our own thoughts, needs and morals. For me, sex in love is ultimately what I want. Would I turn someone down because we weren't "in love"?
If there was a mutual attraction, no. But, I'm not looking for any more one night stands either, that does get tiring.

I agree, sex in love is what we all ultimately want........when the time is right.
Sometimes the time isn't right.

I'm not looking for one night stands either.....they're not only tiring.....they're dangerous in this day and age. I have no desire to pick up a complete stranger and be alone with him.
But I do have sexual desires .....
and as long as there is not only the mutual attraction......but mutual respect and open communication.........I see absolutely no harm in having a purely "sexual" relationship with a man.
But I will never agree that this has made me "jaded" to love or sex.
Nor does it mean I'm having sexual relationships with alot of men.....or that I ever have .
That's the "crap" I was referring to.
 whytwater
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/24/2009 7:33:23 PM

^^^^^^^Which means we are in agreement!

/\/\ That makes three of us.
 wacowboy3
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/25/2009 4:27:22 PM
I find that the older I get the longer it takes to find someone to have a loving relationship with . I am not into casul sex anymore . I got over that in my late 20's. I enjoy making love it's lots more fulfilling than causal sex . Its been so long now that even casual sex might be appealing LOL Not really
 ArtFromMargate
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 5:31:52 PM
When I was a teenager and later when I was in the Navy, it did not matter one bit to me. All a woman needed was the right body parts and it was fine with me. Now that I am a bit more mature, I am not interested (too often) in casual sex. I do know women who are satisfied with a booty call, but for me, there has to be some feelings involved. When I am with a woman I have deep feelings for it's an entirely different story. I become arroused just sitting next to her, or even more when we dance. They call it making love for a reason.
 MsMicki
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 4:47:20 AM
Meaningless Sex.......means......
don't have to meet his family
don't have to do his laundry
don't have to deal w/ his ex and kids
don't have to have supper ready when he gets home
don't have to explain myself !!

and it means I'm getting laid w/o all the drama!!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 11:37:18 AM
Sex with love, or without love, is great. Great sex is great sex, and while love may add a little something, it doesn't make much difference to anyone's orgasm. It may make the cuddling afterwards more enjoyable, however.

Sex without love is only less great when you worry about what you've gotten yourself into. So, I need to at least know the person enough to like them. And I can usually tell within 10 minutes if we can actually hold a focused conversation!
 m14shooter
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 12:02:59 PM
I really want the love connection to be there before we go to bed together. Last woman I was with started out great but she would not talk about how she felt about me and when I told her I was falling for her she said it scared her to hear that. When she said that I started to retreat and there were valid reasons to get out so I used them. I am really tired of sex without love and don't want to do it anymore.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 1:30:40 PM
I hear what you're saying, m14. I certainly enjoy and want to have a loving relationship - nothing beats that! However, if I don't have that, I won't pass up great sex while on the quest for such a relationship, though I wouldn't settle for just great sex for very long. Happily, I have both, and needn't seek either.
 anunu
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2009 9:39:52 AM
Sex is sex and sex is great
Doesn't matter if I have deep feelings or not
It's all good
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >