Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 guyot
Msg: 37
view profile
History
How many guys or gals would consider dating a physically disabled person?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
As I said to a similar question: Sure I would. My relationships with women who had significant disabilities were warm, wonderful, and fulfilling. I am much more worried about defective character than with a body that looks or works differently.

Vive la différence!
 pcm73
Msg: 38
view profile
History
How many guys or gals would consider dating a physically disabled person?
Posted: 10/31/2008 1:50:43 PM
I am disabled, more so, am Deaf. But everything else works fine with me, I can talk, I can drive, I can walk, I can converse, I can play sports, I can kick your butt if I wanted to, (Nawww), I can kiss, I can do whatever, but you would be surprised on how many girls back off when they find out I simply cannot hear, my ears just don't work...I wear a hearing aid, I grew up in the hearing world and act like a normal person, what difference does it make if you date a person who needs to wear glasses? Same idea. But it is sad at the same time...for example..if this girl went off to France, and she doesn't know French, but meets this nice French guy, and she wants to get to know him some more, but the language barrier is in the middle..she does not let this deter her, yet she asks the guy how to say stuff in French and they eventually learn each other's language and eventually "fall in love" or have fun with one another....can't the same logic be used when I meet a hearing girl (Again, I can talk, and I know sign) but if you are too afraid to open your mouth and talk, then you can always ask me to teach you some signs to break the ice and then it goes from there..same idea, same principle, but Ive heard excuses that "oh its different..its just....." Just what?? I dont bite and I am a very easy going nice guy who's interested in meeting people and I enjoy having a good time!!
 guyot
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2008 6:07:37 AM
Yes, Safren made an excellent point. I never felt at all that I was in an unequal relationship with my disabled partners. We may have differentiated our roles a little based on what I could do physically, but my partners contributed equally.

-Gray
 Vannili
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2008 9:09:26 AM
If the guy have a great personality and good heart, I would date him and even marry him.
 moonchild734
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2008 8:26:26 AM
I find this hillarious because it kinda has would you sleep with a black man or woman undertones? Its the same line of thinking. Being mildy disabled myself at least i can laugh at the naive ignorance of it all.
 guyot
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 8:15:13 AM
On the contrary. I would love to be with a woman with a disability or physical differences.
 VF102
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2009 9:08:55 AM
I did once. Some of the best damn booty I ever had!

Jason the Fed
 NappyKAT
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:19:49 PM
No. Generally not interested.

But it depends on the disability. Ain't too keen on people in wheelchairs (specifically para and quadriplegics), cerebral palsy spastics, and definitely not down's syndrome.

Is there some other disability other than those? Can't think of any right now but I may be open to them. It really depends.

Yes, yes, yes. I know. Tell me you are not too keen on blacks, fats, illegitimate basterds, or whatever else you might find to reject me because you feel offended and want to offend me too. But that's not happening because you're not gonna get at me like that. A question was ask, and I'm answering it - however PC this may be to you.

Has anyone else in this thread said they wouldn't date disabled people? I wonder what the response to that was as I haven't read this thread and only tend to read where I pick this thread up.

Besides, like I said in a like thread - you only think you would accept anyone now because you're disabled. If you weren't - you most likely would have more restrictions, more stringent standards, and would be rejecting more people based on physical attractiveness and (dis)ability. It's the like the pretty girl who rejected everyone she thought was below her and then once her face got smashed she had the audacity to ask 'WHY WON'T PEOPLE ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM'?? Oh please. I smirk when people when say that shit. She/he didn't say that crap when they were pretty and able bodied.

So everyone gets to have a preference. And everyone gets to get rejected. Sorry but that's how it is.
 NappyKAT
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:08:06 PM

i have a mental disability and cant even get a date cause of it
Why would you want to discuss this with a date? Just to let her know this is what you have? Or to get her opinions on it?

What is a mental disability? Schitzo? Psychotic? Delusional?

I'm not trying to trying to be snappy or mean, I'm genuinely asking because I have my own ideas for some of these mental, emotional, and psychological dis-eases and my ideas often go against the common grain.

And what is the difference between a mental, emotional, and psychotic disorder? And why are you considered disabled because of it? This is directed towards anybody that wants to answer.

My aunt is considered delusional psychotic and it on disability and drugs for it. And yes, I agree with the diagnosis but it's also fulla shit.
 NappyKAT
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:58:56 PM

i have epilepsy (aka seizures)

Oh. OK.

Well that's acceptable. I just wouldn't drive with you anywhere and hopefully you don't drive.

And that's a disability you can't usually see so that might be one of the more accepted disabilities in general when it comes to dating and marrying.
 rosemay13
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2010 5:51:50 PM

Read the posted rules at the top of any forum.

Content Deleted

Contact Broadcasting
Off Topic reply

POF

foreverstacey
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/21/2010 6:06:07 PM
I would have no problems being friends with a disabled person.. dating is a different story though.
 mrcs84
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2010 1:14:34 PM
This is one of those things that I am shallow about. The dating world is enough of a crap shoot already without having to deal with someone being disabled. And yes, I am also one of those kind of people that would probably leave someone who -became- disabled during the course of a relationship. I'm just going to chalk that up to the whole "preferences" idea that people like to hide behind.
 Mikey7619
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/22/2010 1:55:14 PM
With this post you are going to have a real tough time finding a date now. Most people would not want to date such a shallow person.
 TedJMill
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2010 7:22:06 PM
I'd consider it. I'm not much into physical activities; I don't need someone who can go hiking or dancing or whatever. And I've had a taste of being disabled myself; I broke my ankle, and spent some time in a wheelchair.
 Maleman999
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/23/2010 1:13:47 PM
I dated a disabled woman for a while and had a different experience. In her profile were the typical woman phrases that almost all women put in: Independent, financially and emotionally stable, blah, blah, blah.

She said she would never date a disabled guy because she wants a guy who would do tasks for her and take her places that she couldn't do or go on her own. So much for being independent. I think everyone throws that word in their profile just so they can say they know a big word. It really has no meaning in most people's profiles. There was also concern about public image because she said she wouldn't want people to see her with another disabled person-two disabled people together. It threw me for a loop hearing a disabled woman saying she would never date a disabled guy. Everyone has preferences and she has hers, so be it.
 blindJeremy
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2010 4:17:35 PM
Seems to me there aren't too many young women who would. I'm totally blind, and I have severe depression, and I've had almost no luck. I would date a woman with a disability if our combined disabilities would work out. Look at my profile, it's kind of sad I haven't had any luck in the last four months of being on here.
 blindJeremy
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2010 4:18:06 PM
Seems to me there aren't too many young women who would. I'm totally blind, and I have severe depression, and I've had almost no luck. I would date a woman with a disability if our combined disabilities would work out. Look at my profile, it's kind of sad I haven't had any luck in the last four months of being on here.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:00:21 AM
I got diagnosed with Epilepsy at age 10 (1970), which resulted in my being sexually fixed in my teens. Being under legal age I had no say in the matter. All the Healthcare system needed was a signature from my parents to do whatever they felt was best.

I also got declaired Unemployable, Not allowed to get a Driver's License, and Not Allowed to get Married. I know the third one sounds stupid, but in 2008 I tried to get a Marriage License for my girlfriend and I (we both had epilepsy), and the Police got involved, sending me to the Sex Offender Program where I was forced to accept that it's wrong. We can be friends, but that's all.

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 mrcs84
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 7:20:11 AM

I got diagnosed with Epilepsy at age 10 (1970), which resulted in my being sexually fixed in my teens. Being under legal age I had no say in the matter. All the Healthcare system needed was a signature from my parents to do whatever they felt was best.

I also got declaired Unemployable, Not allowed to get a Driver's License, and Not Allowed to get Married. I know the third one sounds stupid, but in 2008 I tried to get a Marriage License for my girlfriend and I (we both had epilepsy), and the Police got involved, sending me to the Sex Offender Program where I was forced to accept that it's wrong. We can be friends, but that's all.

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You

Awe, come on man. You necro this thread AND you make the exact same post in another thread that's the exact same topic.
 home_osorio
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/15/2011 11:41:33 AM
i wouldn't.

but i date a guy who was mentally disabled. he had schizophrenia.
 henley2011
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:28:27 PM
It depends on the diability. I've dated a guy with one arm, and one eye. He treated me better than the other guys that didn't have a disability. You are suppose to love unconditionally but i just can't deal with the mentally disabled.
 henley2011
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:47:00 PM
Most people say no they will not date a disabled person. But, It's easy to say no, until the shoe is on the other foot. Be careful about what you say, because anything could happen to you when you wake up and walk out of your door and cause you to be disabled.
 Vannili
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 9:33:47 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

That's true, but if I become disabled physically or mentally, I will not burden someone to date me/have a realtionship with... For I have nothing to bring on the table but my being a heavy baggage for him to carry.
PS
I hope you are still with that guy with one arm and one eye who treat you better than those guys with pair of arms and pair of eyes.. I bid you happiness.
 NaughtyMonkey360
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/4/2013 7:51:17 AM
Of course I would. After all, consider that a lot of people are emotionally and physicologically (sic?) handicapped and you cannot see it. You have to investigate to consider your place in the relationship. Same thing here axcept it's upfront and obvious. See it and move on. After all, the brain is the most potent sex organ and if the person you consider dating has character tht you respect, why should extrordinary physical features form a hurdle for you?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >