Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gotu
Msg: 2
temptationPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
meh - i will taint this study :P I always jump in with both feet :P no sense in doing something only part ways right?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 8
temptation
Posted: 3/31/2006 4:28:51 PM
I have learned NOT to trust what "well meaning" people tell me....they seem to have lousy taste in men!
 hobbes26
Msg: 13
temptation
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:05:42 PM
i just do whatever i feel like. Most of my friends are on the conservative side so they are stunned by most of the people i date.
buddy "OMG-she is nuts..what are you thinking"
me "crazy ones are the best in bed"
Buddy "true, she set the couch on fire?"
me "not yet"
buddy "how do you find these ones?"
me "Well either i like crazy women, women must be crazy to like me or I make women nuts"
buddy "or a combination of the above"
me "**** you"
buddy "Shall i go thru the list???"
me "point taken...."

Lead me not to tempation... i know the way well. It's practically my driveway
 who_the_fox
Msg: 14
temptation
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:03:37 PM
My "friends" say things like

"He is too young"
"He is too muscled"
"He is likely just another user"
"He must be married or something"
"If he is that good what does he want with you"

Oddly, I have decided the "friends" were NOT
 who_the_fox
Msg: 16
temptation
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:18:54 PM
I knew I liked you for a reason! lol

Lesson learned:
Should never be friends with men who hope to date me. They can do incredible damage to the selfesteem in the guise of "protecting" me.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 18
temptation
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:28:09 PM
Weird

I certainly don't want to date THEM
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 21
temptation
Posted: 3/31/2006 10:00:56 PM
well...by not listening to what my friends were subtly saying i wound up married to a woman, who after a year, was my arch-nemesis.

i'd say listen to your friends. you know the ones you can trust and the ones you can't...and if you don't, it's time to get new friends!
 You go first
Msg: 28
temptation
Posted: 11/16/2008 5:36:30 PM
If I am going to be with someone, I trust my own instincts. At my age, I've learned how to read between the lines.

This was also true when I met my husband of 24 years in 1979 - not exactly a prime candidate on paper, but his character and sincerity sold me on him. Jumped with both feet into the deep end!

I also don't feel a need to poll my friends or family about who I want to see now.

So far, I've been really happy with the results!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >