Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 degem
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Why does it seem that so many attractive women smoke??Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The only way to get someone to kick the habit is for them to choose to not do it.

You can whine you can complain, but it's not going to happen, save your self the trouble and avoid the women who smoke. unless you are willing to pick up that habit yourself.

I was thinking that same as you. I will see a pretty girl in the pictures above my mail box and check her out and walla she smokes, oh well move on.
 degem
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Why does it seem that so many attractive women smoke??
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:55:13 AM
@DS I can't agree with you any more.

My point was do not try to change them if its a problem for you. Put up or shut up.

I also don't think the OP point was an attack on smokers I think it was a suprise to him that so many women that he is attracted to smoke.

My stats course tells me that he is only looking a small sample size so it may not be very telling of the general population.
 Speedball Metalqueen
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2006 3:18:27 PM
I smoke after sex...but that's only cause the heats gotta go somewhere LOL
Fellow non-smoker here...my mom smoked for years and we always hoped she would quit...she finally did about 6 years ago and was diagnosed with emphysema about a year after she quit...never too soon to quit but I guess everyone does it in their own time. It's too bad smokers don't see how much we love them and want them to stick around awhile
 super_rodent
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/4/2006 8:25:26 AM
hmm
to calm their nerves from all the unattractive men
chasing them??
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 8:53:59 AM
As a smoker...I can't stand the smell either..lol. If I date a man that doesn't smoke, I'm respectful of that and won't smoke around him. I make sure I'm freshly bathed, fresh breath and so on. I do plan to quit this summer, maybe I'll have better luck with men! Unfortunately it's a terrible habit to break and I think on a whole, it's harder for women to quit because we have higher addictive personalities. I'm not using that as an excuse because I know it's a nasty habit.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:32:13 PM
Good Gawd I'd hate to see how big I'd be if I didn't smoke...lmao
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2015 6:26:01 PM
Had met a gorgeous young lady over a free phone chat long ago who told me she was a non-smoker when asked. We were intimately together for a bit over 2 years for which that last moment I went to kiss her... there was that horrific sulphuric taste. Stangely enough... she laughed smuggingly... pulled out a pack... then confessed her habit began years before we met. Never suspected she would ever lie to me... and while trying to gather my thoughts... she then blew smoke in my face whereas I immediately backed away feeling even more confused. Strange how clouding of the eyes got me to suddenly see what we had more clearly... she was taking total advantage of me. At that point, only shook my head and left right then as she shouted out shortly after... "You can't be serious about just leaving me! Come on... I'm really sorry... Please don't go!". Although not awareof her as a smoker that whole time, it has been bad enough knowing she made such an unhealthy decision, but getting lied to when she could be with almost any other man instead... is personally way too much.
 fish_head
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2016 1:46:20 PM
smoking is OK as long as they do not light up.
 LuvULongTerm
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2016 6:24:26 PM
In my age group, most women I see do not smoke, and will not date a smoker. I believe less than 10% smoke, and less than 25% of those who do not will date someone who does.

((sigh))
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2016 7:04:55 PM
Very few of my friends of either gender smoke. Those who do are mostly women. I can count maybe one or two guys.
As far as "DEGEM" goes, you may wish to send him a message as he last participated here about a decade ago. :-)
 springorfall
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2016 5:15:36 PM
Don't date anyone with the hopes of changing them, whether it's smoking, drinking, exercising, reading, eating milk chocolate rather than dark, or leaving the caramels for you, it only leads to resentment on both parties. Be with the person you want to be with, not who you hope they will be.
 xsPuRx
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/2/2016 9:16:38 PM
I was just going to say the same thing.

Smoking is something someone has to quit because they actually want to quit. No matter how much you try. If they don't want to quit. They won't. Instead that kind of thing will blow up in your face. I can almost guarantee it. If smoking is a deal breaker, than it is a deal breaker. If you accept the person, than you are accepting the smoking. Throwing it there face after the fact will not gain you anything. You can learn this the easy way or the hard way lol. It is just advice. :)

I am an EX Smoker. So I know what it takes to quit. I use Electronic Cigarette right now. Going on 6 months without a cig. I was ready to quit. Not everyone is ready, and forcing them is counter productive.
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/22/2016 3:52:23 PM
Yuck that's a deal breaker for me
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >