Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > what does open minded mean to you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Scottish Warrior
Msg: 51
what does open minded mean to youPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
To me open minded means Im going to want to get to know you better, cause if youre not open minded well...... You probly wont want me around.
 Mars6277
Msg: 52
what does open minded mean to you
Posted: 3/21/2007 8:17:24 PM
Open minded means that no matter what it is you can have an OBJECTIVE opinion about it and separate that from your Subjective opinions .

But thats just me.
 Beaming
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2007 8:26:56 AM
"Open-minded" to me means you're gonna want me to do something I don't wanna do.
 lonestardaddy
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/3/2007 8:44:27 AM
I've stopped using "open minded" to describe myself ...in general to others, for this very reason. I've had specific life experiences that have me realizing that I should've been skeptical ...or paid closer attention to the 'yellow flags' for those w/ more credentials.
 dknickerbocker
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/3/2007 12:47:45 PM
Having her in a 69 with a vibrator up her A$$

DK
 Genuine_Intensity
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/3/2007 1:19:36 PM
to me it means she'll have sex on the first date
 jg65
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/28/2007 10:09:30 PM
Agree with Leanne
not bigoted/prejudiced
live and let live
 Anazdaddy
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/28/2007 10:21:34 PM
Open minded to me means that I am willing to learn what I don't know and teach what others may not know. Open minded means that everyone has something to share and I enjoy wanting to know some of what others know. Open minded means I don't judge someone because their idea is different from mine, or their background, personality, or surface features. It also means I am willing to try something for its own sake. I never knew whether or not I would trully enjoy watching soccer, reading Tolstoy, or engaging in the 69 position..until I tried those!
 Thorb
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/29/2007 7:32:56 AM
Open minded means you still can learn things
aren't set in your ways completely
don't have a set routine that is unbreakable
might just try some imported beer or a touch of new spice
you haven't completely given up on hollywood
think Scientology might actually be a religion
or
your in the middle of surgery to remove that tumor
 duty1234
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/29/2007 3:01:04 PM
For me, it means that I like some kinky sh!t and if youre not open to that, then I am not the girl for you.... THTA WAS PRETTY GOOD PRINCESS GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE THINKS ALIKE *WINK*
 idanceonwater
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/11/2009 6:51:47 PM
To me, it means that I will always grow emotionaly and change my ideas and beliefs as I aquire more experience. It also means I don't judge other people and I accept them as they are, however, that does not mean I would be compatable with everyone in a relationship or even a friendship. I think people need to be more specific and just say what they mean. If you mean sexually open minded it would be a good idea to be specific. Just my opinion.
 totoman
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/11/2009 6:54:53 PM
It means I've had my skull cap removed.
 IdoDares1
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:03:13 PM
It means you are open to new experiences, it doesn't mean you are accepting of everything. You are willing to listen to arguments, but you don't have to accept every argument. You are open to trying something new, does not mean you are going to like it or continue to do it. You don't judge without first hearing all sides, you still will judge.

Being open minded doesn't mean you accept everything, it just means that you are willing to give a fair hearing to everything before making up your mind. You are also open to new arguments afterward. It doesn't mean that you have no preferences.
 r90sboxer
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 2:15:57 PM
Too" politically correct" to stand up and really say what's on your mind when it becomes time to defend your own preferances and choices,behaviors and ideas.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/12/2009 2:38:21 PM
When I read the words "open minded", too often it translates in my mind to... "If you don't accept me, then you are broken."

I can be open minded to an extent, but not permissive and accepting to abandon. My point of view has validity, too. My values and morals have been influenced by society, I can't deny that... But Society has had a long time to work on what is acceptable and is required to maintain itself as such. Historically, those societies that stray too far from universally acceptable moral standards... End. There's room for deviance from the norm, but to completely disregard societies rules as restrictive and unfair (on a wide scale) is self-destructive.
 Ependa
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/12/2009 2:47:07 PM
"allow the world to change you in order to change the world"

I think open-mindedness is about not judging others..not imposing your own standards on them. I think it is about reason and compassion. It does not mean to me, being without conviction or morals. It does mean that you constantly question your own beliefs, ideas, philosophy. And this does not weaken it, it in fact makes it stronger.
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:40:51 PM
Basically, I think it just refers to someone who wants someone who won't judge something that is obviously just a tad kinkier than most people would go for. Also means someone with a mind like a sieve--words go in and actions come out. LOL

Personally I think the term is lame and useless. There is no such thing as a person with an open mind. WE ALL have our biases...even the kinky, gross, deplorable and evil people do.Stand for nothing and you'll fall for anything.
 Ifeellucky
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/12/2009 7:22:06 PM
Openminded means, to me... that you are willing to be with or try anything in life within your reason....
 Fred Bauder
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:16:30 PM
ok i see the phrase openminded in a lot of profiles around here so i would like to ask you good folks out there what that means to you when you read and when you write it

As a person who is not open-minded I know what they mean. It means that you are willing to accept, or at least tolerate, whatever weird trip they're on. So when they start talking nonsense, you don't laugh or call it nonsense, or God forbid, disagree. It's the stuff they hammer you with day after day, year after year. It's their dream, and your nightmare.

That's putting it harshly, but it's like having a parrot in the house. Actually, sometimes I prefer the company of the developmentally disabled; they are unable to remember, or regurgitate, complex nonsense.

When I read the words "open minded", too often it translates in my mind to... "If you don't accept me, then you are broken."

Well said!
 Calientecutie
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:35:55 PM
somebody who is respectful...who accepts people for who they are...less critical...and peaceful people...many people say that...are they? they do respect their other half's ideas, morals and values...i would like to know that...i have learned to be less judgmental and if my lifestyle is not right for other people...then they need to choose what is right for them...if they are not hurting anybody...more power for them...some lifestyles i would not agreee upon...swingers, cults or different kinds of religions...everybody needs to make themselves happier...i am a better person due to my life experience...it is a learning experience...i like that.
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:51:16 PM
Yep u would find it in mine! Well I mean open minded sexually. What I mean is every guy I seem to meet has some type of sexual hang up. They always have a list of don't likes and don't dos! I want it all! Can't I have the whole package, my cake and eat it too? I want someone that would try something before saying they don't like it. I would try something is they asked me so I would expect the same thing. I think as men age they get more boring and as women age they want to experience more!
 sweetiepi
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:55:32 PM
I agree with Leeanne, open minded people are more tolerant of other peoples' differences. They are more open to trying new things, and don't dislike people strictly because they are different.
 majyk1
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/13/2009 4:32:21 AM
First, my profile doesnt say open minded...but do consider myself to be.

**** Quoted from IdoDares1 (msg #65)****
{"It means you are open to new experiences, it doesn't mean you are accepting of everything. You are willing to listen to arguments, but you don't have to accept every argument. You are open to trying something new, does not mean you are going to like it or continue to do it. You don't judge without first hearing all sides, you still will judge.

Being open minded doesn't mean you accept everything, it just means that you are willing to give a fair hearing to everything before making up your mind. You are also open to new arguments afterward. It doesn't mean that you have no preferences."}

ESPECIALLY REGUARDING SEX
 bluesandrock
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/13/2009 9:20:27 AM
I am extremely open-minded. I am taking this straight from my profile as this is what being open minded means to me:

It truly does not bother me what you do, how you do it, with whom you do it or what entity you pray to while doing it as long as you are not putting another in harm's way.

I am always open to new ideas that can help me gain new perspectives in which to look at things. It is interesting to see how some people consider open-minded to be a bad thing, a sign of weakness or lacking conviction. I hold my beliefs very highly but I will not push them on others nor do I hold them so high as to have them cast in stone. The only constant in the world is change and maybe the speed of light.
 camper28
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/13/2009 9:30:00 AM
what open minded means to me is that the person is willing to trying new things and is not set in there ways where things can only be done this way and no way else.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > what does open minded mean to you