Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RazaMixta
Msg: 104
what does open minded mean to youPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
To me it means willing to look into things, being receptive and non judgmental of new and different ideas, concepts and circumstances.

Ultimately making up my own mind, but only after I've considered it!
 jed456
Msg: 105
view profile
History
what does open minded mean to you
Posted: 1/26/2011 11:21:10 AM
Open minded to me is being open to new ideas different cultures.And open to sexual fantasies with a partner.It also means being non judgemetal.
 whytwater
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/26/2011 4:03:42 PM
in younger women in their 20's and 30's it can often mean a code word/phrase for being attracted to races other than their own

I suspect, for that age group, "open-minded" means a hell of alot more than that! Most 20-somethings are color blind, I think; racial prejudice is just not kewl.
I've heard that tattoos of butterflies on a woman that age mean she prefers black dyks. lol Seems there's lots of codes out there.
Sooooo, what's "open-minded" for a 40-something mean? Anal sex?

OP, I agree with the guy who says you have to look to the context where the term arises. It's usually issue-specific. A profile on this site may mean open to different races, or anal, threesomes, etc., or just be a throw-in, a general reference to activities (the non-sexual kind). I read most self-descriptive adjectives in profiles as "loss leaders". Might be one aspect that fits the adjective, but the other "goods" for sale might not be so good. lol
Then again, who out there is going to advertise themselves as "close-minded"?
 whytwater
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/26/2011 5:10:51 PM

It means your brains fell out.

Decades ago, I met a guy who, instead of saying "fvck you", put the hex on ya by saying, "I hope you ass falls off!" Like that guy in the yellow rain slickers tricycling at the end of Laugh In, that ass-falling-off curse cracks me up! Lol
I just never think quick enough to use all my weapons.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2011 5:36:15 PM
^^^^Do butterfly tattoos really mean what you said? You owe me one mop top....I'm gonna let you off the hook today.
 oopladoopla
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/26/2011 6:00:12 PM

To me it means when faced with a situation that isn't life threatening it's not treated as though it is. The automatic reaction isn't to start judging, laying blame, running away, and withdrawing into a ball of self protection.
 recreator611
Msg: 113
Posted: 2/3/2011 3:22:13 PM
I would think open minded might be one or the other wanting something out of the ordinary.....or maybe thier lifestyle...
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/3/2011 7:42:46 PM
~OT~ For me? It means all sorts of things: *Intellectual* ~ those willing to discuss without judgment: religions other than their own, political views other than their own, controversial current events, cultures/practices unfamiliar or unlike their own; *Spritiual* ~ being willing to consider religion as a personal choice vs. the wrong one; *Sexual* ~ not judgmental of that which they don't understand or find no value in, but a to-each-their-own attitude; *Civility* ~ they leave the racial stuff out of whatever it is that is in front of them. People are just people attitude. And my list could go on and on. An open mind is just that: open to information/idea/theory unlike their own. JMO
 bilby886
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2011 6:04:51 AM
I agree!

Its about not being judgemental on our fellow human beings regarding their lifestyles/culture/morals providing no-one is getting hurt.
Let it be.
Let them rock and roll or boogie or whatever!

John Paul Young :-
It don't cost a dime
Or take too much time
you might disagree
but we'll let it be
and just keep on smiling!
 BrookfieldMan
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/20/2011 3:58:48 PM

it's a code phrase for enjoying the company of certain people.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/21/2011 7:42:38 PM
It means tolerating other peoples views when they differ from your own, not being judgmental or insulting.g differences.

I got quite a chuckle seeing certain people here answer with tolerance and non judging yet same day judged people in other threads!
 cms460
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/9/2011 6:33:35 PM
In the context of dating it should only mean: 1.May or may not have sex on the first date. 2.Has tried or may be willing to try having a threesome (any kind) or anything that involves more than a couple. 3.Public sex. Anything else is just normal.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/9/2011 6:49:32 PM
Open minded means not being close-minded... not being stubborn-minded. Stubbornness is not a virtue and it's sad that it can be promoted like one. It's a fault. It's close-mindedness. So if you see someone who promotes themselves as stubborn (and assuming they are), they will be a close-minded person.

An open-minded person is willing to change or tweak their view when someone else 'challenges' it... one who's ego & pride doesn't get in the way... someone who can admit when they're wrong... one can be opinionated and open-minded... but not stubborn & open-minded. Open-minded people don't have their emotions prevent them from considering another side to things that they believe. They'll be intellectually honest and not emotionally protective of their ideals.
 missraven1
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/9/2011 7:13:23 PM
Seeing the forum this thread is posted in, it's clear what it means to OP. To me, it has to do with a person's general mindset and has nothing to do with sex unless there is also a reference to it that isn't ambiguous.
 statemachine500
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/9/2011 8:13:18 PM
It means you won't freak out if they pull out some leather and chains.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2011 12:55:25 AM
Just another over used term by the politically correct, "have a nice day" smiley face crowd.
 GixxerK8rider
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 12:07:26 AM
Open-mindedness in a women is plain and simple - She loves to have and has allot of generosity with her openness to her sex life because it simply satisfies her and drives her wild. It is an addicting pleasure for her and I must say I Love these types of women. These types of women are not sluts they are very respectable and very smart because they have reached reality in their sexual fantasy. These types of women are very special. For example they love to have a companion but also they love to have a variety with diffident partners they are attracted to. These women are very loyal when the have the right guy that is as open-minded as they are. She could have a lover but still loves the idea of generosity to have an other couple join and share the romance. Of course they would have to have the same lvl of attractiveness. They are not open to just anyone, usually they keep the openness with ppl they know are clean and on the same lvl.
 Hearton64
Msg: 126
Posted: 1/22/2013 3:10:19 AM
^^^^^I think you are mistaking being open-minded with being in an open relationship wherein SEX is the goal.

Open-minded is to be able to honestly not have any negative judgement of anything or anyone.

No one is 100% open-minded.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 127
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:11:43 AM
From my experience it's a G rated gesture for new things or activities & has nothing to do with as the OP implies by posting this in the SEX & DATING section of the forums.
 MsMicki
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:48:55 AM
^^
or one could conclude, since the OP put it in the Sex and Dating area.....
that he/she actually means Sexually Open Minded.......

same definition really...but applies to sexual activities
 That_girl*
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:33:32 AM
When i see stamped in a profile of "must be open minded"

ive found it usually means the guy hopes to find a woman who wouldnt mind doing him in the ass with a dildo or watching him suck another mans d ick an in some cases also hoping to find a woman who wouldnt mind a 3some 4some or gangbang an maybe open to some bondage or him liking to dress up like a woman..

not saying this is always true but uhh typically thoses are the hidden objectives..

it sure dont mean he hopes to find somebody that likes to listen to a variety of music while sipping earl grey tea...
 monocryl
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/31/2013 12:51:10 AM
Keeping a wide open mind all of the time is nothing more than easy virtue and poor mental hygiene. You need to have standards as to when to open your mind, to what, and for how long.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 2:02:42 AM
Becky B,
I think I will go have a cold shower for a few hours!
 statemachine500
Msg: 132
Posted: 4/1/2013 7:32:48 PM

Keeping a wide open mind all of the time is nothing more than easy virtue and poor mental hygiene.

Thanks for the warning.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 133
Posted: 7/5/2016 12:17:23 PM
It generally means they may try something new but won't be judgmental even if they aren't willing to.

I take it with a grain of salt.

A woman once said to me " I'll try anything once " .... but ended up saying " except that ....or that....or that....or that "

I told her she might want to consider not using the phrase " I'll try anything once " anymore .... because it was basically a steaming pile of BS
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >