Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > nice guys dont usually approach strong women...why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 honey-dripper
Msg: 1
nice guys dont usually approach strong women...why?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
any help appreciated...i like a shy average type...not a flashy model type...the "joe average" ones dont wander too far from MY nest!

rust in peace
Msg: 2
nice guys dont usually approach strong women...why?
Posted: 4/3/2006 1:57:16 PM
define "strong" please?
 bbybleeus
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2006 10:03:17 PM
It's tough to work up the nerve sometimes but if you give me the right signals I'll give it a try....give a guy an opening!!
 JayCBoy
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/23/2006 6:55:40 PM
I’m shy, so surprise there. But I like strong women. Approaching any women is difficult, especially one you think you might like. But if you are strong, physically or mentally why not try to approach a guy, look for one that seems shy, just kind of looking around; off by himself... go talk to him.
 sparticuss
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/25/2006 4:44:06 PM
In fact genuinely strong women usually already have strong guys as partners. Despite this nice guys do approach them. For a chat, and becasue they are good company.

A great many people mistake crankiness for strength. A strong woman is the one who grabs the repair manual when the car breaks down. A cranky one starts screaming at the nearest man.
 sparticuss
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/29/2006 3:54:20 AM
I belive that a lotof women still mistake bechy with strong.

A beechy woman is actually a weak woman who blames everyone and everything else for the mess that her life is in. A strong woman fixes it.

Somebody asked for a few definitions of a strong woman.

A strong woman is

strong enough to wear overalls and steel capped boots
woman enoung to wear satin lingerie underneath.

strong enough to party with the boys
woman enouugh to still take her special man home

strong enough to enjoy a Saturaday arvo at the footy
woman enough to enjoy the Saturday evenings romantic celebrations aftewards

strong enough to enjoy her career
woman enough to enjoy her family.
 sparticuss
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/29/2006 5:18:40 AM
So why would she be looking to get hooked up with a man?
He'd only be a liability and one more child to take care of

It's interesting to hear this kind of talk champrins

Because when I hear the women bemoaning the lack of guys they are definitely talking like little girls.

-They bemoan the lack of the handsome princes foudn in he little girls story books.

-Their wish list of what they want in a boyfreind sounds just like th wish list of a kid visiting santa at crissie time

-They "need" a man to take care of them or to take them out on a date.

Very much the wishes of little girls.
 sparticuss
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/3/2006 10:58:17 PM
Here's an interesting angle that nobody talks about.

"Shaming tactics." This phrase is familiar to many Men's Rights Activists. It conjures up the histrionic behavior of female detractors who refuse to argue their points with logic. Yet women are not the only ones guilty of using shaming tactics against men. Male gynocentrists use them, too.

Shaming tactics are emotional devices meant to play on a man's insecurities and shut down debate. They are meant to elicit sympathy for women and to demonize men who ask hard questions., It might be helpful to categorize the major shaming tactics that are used against men whenever a discussion arises.

Charge of Cowardice (Code Yellow)

Discussion: The target is accused of having an unjustifiable fear of interaction with women. Examples:

* "You need to get over your fear."
* "Step up and take a chance like a man!"
* "You're afraid of a strong woman!"

Response: It is important to remember that there is a difference between bravery and stupidity. The only risks that reasonable people dare to take are calculated risks. One weighs the likely costs and benefits of said risks. As it is, some men are finding out that many women fail a cost-benefit analysis.
 sparticuss
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/5/2006 7:01:14 AM
No mark
Just abstience from beeches or 35 year old children who are still looking for handsome princes
 honeydreams
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/7/2006 8:57:48 AM
i met a nice guy th other day,he was "69aries", whoah.
HE WAS everything i need in a man, strong ,considerate, caring, submissive and dominant!
he got me onto this website!
but a'las, he's lives soo far away....
 tisme_susan
Msg: 11
view profile
History
will a good woman see a nice man for what he is?
Posted: 8/10/2006 11:43:38 PM
What do you class as good vandy
 nate1979
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/12/2006 9:13:12 AM
I think the world is shifting, guys are no longer the confident world beaters we used to be (which is a good thing). If the lady is so strong, why doesnt she make the approach? What im trying to say is, the way i think, if a woman had interest in me then she'll say it, I feel almost guilty for approaching a girl in case she is attached or not interested or i just have no idea how to open discussion.

Maybe thats y im single lol
 tisme_susan
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2006 8:37:56 PM
Being a dating site, people tend to go for the photo first, then check the profile. Everyone has their own idea of attractive. What's attractive for one may not be for another. Although oceanboy333 looking at your pics, I think you're nice looking, so I don't know why you have a problem. Too bad you're not in Bris, I'd introduce you to my daughter. She's a stunner, even if I do say so myself she's definitely not plastic and far from fickle.
 qldblue
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/31/2013 6:37:12 PM
I know this is a very old thread but it does make one think and I believe it is as relevant today as it was when it first appeared.

I think some women mistake being strong with being "outspoken" and some women mistake being outspoken as been loud mouthed and nasty.

To me a strong woman is someone who knows what they want, are strong willed but gracious.

As I have seen from experience nice guys do get to a point where they stop approaching women because of the derision they receive from some women, let's face it, no- one likes to be belittled in a room full of strangers for being polite to someone else.

I was working at a function one night and a guy went up to a woman and asked if she would like too dance and her response was very nasty indeed too which this guy quickly replied in a very loud voice, What, how much?, I only asked if you wanted too dance, not sleep with you!

Women can be strong but to be strong does not mean to be nasty as well.

Nice guys can be as strong but generally nice guys don't need to be arrogant with it.
 ascasualasitgets
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:57:08 PM
the reality of the fact is this: women aren't strong never have been. you can't undo hundreds of thousands of years of evolution because it suits you. women, specifically: females of the human species, are the only living mammals with an extremely heightened nurture instinct. It's part of why you and I are here today as the number one species on the planet. Women can only play pretend. it's false bravado and it is like a house of cards: it can fall down into a heap very quickly. thus why i've seen blackbelted ninja women secretly go and cry in the cupboard.

A "strong" woman is a red flag for insecurity and inappropriate social reactions.

So i say to you. Stop swallowing the propaganda the fema-tards (feminists, if you like) spread left right and centre. We are a dichotomous species and women need to know their place, just like you metro-emo-tards need to grow your balls back.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > nice guys dont usually approach strong women...why?