Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 3
Is this a blow off?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
well I think the fact that you mentioned "spark", just want to mention something about that word. I think that too many people seem to always want there to be this out of the world expericance when meeting soemone and we expect so much out of another person that we end up messing things up for them and ourselves. Now, I am not suggesting that this was indeed the case here. but when you said that you went on dates before and ussually there was no second date because there was no "spark" then that gets me alittle skeptical on the motivation one has when dating. I am not trying to imply anything here, but alot of times when this sort of thing happens it is because we expect too much and don't realize that the other person is a human being who has flaws and we always SEEM to want them to be how WE want them to be or else things don't work out.

That is the wrong approach to take and it is destined to not work because of (in many cases) unrealistic excpectations.

With you OP, I would just try to get in contact with this guy and just try to get to know him forst and formost before you expect too much out of him , and that goes for everyone. I hope things work out for you but at the same time it's good to give soem sort of advice on issues that i feel we as a society can use when looking for a mate and dating.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 7
Is this a blow off?
Posted: 4/4/2006 4:34:00 AM
I am the only one who has not read that book.
It has just been a couple of days. There are thousands of possible reasons of why he has not called. Maybe he wants to but is nervous, maybe someone is ill, etc.
I would be nervous too and cleaning my shoes.
Good luck. Let us know if he calls. I hope he does.
Carrie
 stoneside
Msg: 11
Is this a blow off?
Posted: 4/4/2006 8:23:43 AM
Call him a bunch more times. Ten times per day. Men like that.

PS, don't take dating advice from a guy that's been on a dating site for over a year

Hey, I'm in a silly mood, what can I say.
 jojoaus
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Is this a blow off?
Posted: 2/18/2011 2:50:57 PM
^^^^^ how patient do you want her to be..... she posted the OPost 5 yeas ago

I peeked at the OP's profile and saw she is just getting over a LT relationship... I wonder if it was with the guy she asked about in 2005??
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >