Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's So Hot About Long Hair?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 72
What's So Hot About Long Hair?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I agree with message 73 however if I was pressed for an answer I'd take the bald guy...............hmmm I've always had a little crush on Andre Agassi especially once he ditched the long strands...............
 daffie
Msg: 73
What's So Hot About Long Hair?
Posted: 1/13/2010 5:36:11 PM
^^^^^...in australia "nappy" is the word we use for diaper...

different words for different folks, indeed...
 Feasterner
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/13/2010 6:14:57 PM
If a man doesn't know how to write in his native language, how hot he's will be gone...
 tiBD
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:31:59 PM

Ever heard of a "hair job"????

yes, please tell -- google won't! I've lived this long and I've never heard of one!!! Inquiring mind wants to know
 MrP.
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:42:46 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know what a hair job is too! Apparently I've lived a sheltered, unadventurous life.

MrP
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:51:58 PM
Hair Job:

http://www.sex-lexis.com/Sex-Dictionary/hair-job

Not something that your hairstylist is likely to do, no matter how much you tip.

Tootles........
 MrP.
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:05:29 PM
Thanks, CheshireCatalyst! Kinky, indeed!

MrP
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:26:37 PM
It sounds rather safe and pleasant to me. The only thing kinky about it would be if the hair was kinky. But yes, I agree, it's not the job of a hair stylist
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:28:50 PM

Hair Job:

Not something that your hairstylist is likely to do, no matter how much you tip.

Tootles........

Too sticky. One would be washing her hair for quite some time.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/13/2010 10:37:31 PM
I love the variety of different hairstyles. I grew up in the 60s & 70s and loved long hair on guys ~ still do

That doesn't mean that I don't love short hair on men ~ I do, and, like I said, variety is fun

I could always do extensions if I wanted to change up my look but it's highly unlikely ~ less is more on me
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:53:24 AM
Message 77 - Daffie.

Firstly I am in Australia so who are you talking to? LOL

There is a poster called Nappykat here............is that who you mean?
 NappyKAT
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/14/2010 1:07:49 AM

.in australia "nappy" is the word we use for diaper...
In Europe they also use that word for diaper, so I'm familiar with the term and definition as it is used for that.

and your point would be really???

Nothing. Just as I thought.

I am unsure of where or how the word originated and how it came to be associated with black hair or textured kinky hair. But 'diaper' isn't too far off the mark. It's made with cotton, and sometimes the 'nap' of it gets fuzzy and sticks up and curves under or over from the smoother knit of the diaper, especially after being washed several times. So that association, I understand. Don't really care for it, but I understand it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
 NappyKAT
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/14/2010 1:35:34 AM

Hair Job:

Tootles........

Hair-Job
Rare, fetishistic form of masturbation in which one partner raps his/her long hair around the penis of the partner to be masturbated.
Is that it? Doesn't sound like a big deal really. If you read the sex forum, people do even more kinkier stuff than that.

So you give a handjob and your hair is involved.
And if you got long hair anyway, your hair is either being pulled while you give the 'job' or it's brushing the leg, abdomen, or groin area of the person you are 'working'. Even if you don't have long straight hair - I know some folks that like to pull on the cotton and have it rub against them (cotton being kinky or textured hair), so what?

Yall are friggin weird. The stuff you do, and this is out of the ordinary?
That is tame. I don't even understand why it's considered 'rare.'

Betcha some of yall stylist would do it.
 platypus_man
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 4:04:56 AM
It's not a turn on for everyone. For some guys, it's a turn OFF. To each their own. I read somewhere that who and what we are attracted to is strongly influenced by our experiences early in life; that said, the first female that was nice to me was my sister's friend, who was slim, and had long, straight hair. To this day, it's the major physical thing that attracts me to women. Take that for what you will.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:41:27 AM

Okay, just a general wonderment.. what is it about long hair that is such a turn on for a lot of guys?! Anything specific, or indescribable?

Hair is a beauty all in it's own,whether it be short or long. A woman who has long hair and make it look in a different style 7 days a week, is pretty cool and a big turn on. Or curly hair with a little frizzy shoulder length is very sensual to me. Short hair is good with some flare. ever notice Hallie Berry for example.

imo, when people an cent their hair to the rest of their face they know how good it looks cuz it shows.

Now if you have a frumpy face it makes your hair frumpy too...just smile and say cheese....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/14/2010 10:13:31 AM

Now if you have a frumpy face it makes your hair frumpy too...just smile and say cheese....

Jim, you made a salient point!

If a woman is physically unattractive, weighs 350 pounds, or has a bad attitude/personality, it doesn't matter what her hair looks like. Even if a man is initially drawn to her because he likes long/short/certain colored hair, he won't stay for just the hair.

I remember going to a party where my last SO and I met a friend of a friend. The woman was obese, bossy, nasty to people, and generally not nice to be around, but she had beautiful hair--long, thick, wavy, and naturally strawberry blond. (This is off-topic, but her husband was a skinny, rat faced little man who also had long hair, and it was thin and ugly like him--they were into BDSM; he was the dom and she was the sub, go figure.)

Later, my SO made an uncomplimentary remark about the woman to which I replied, "She has gorgeous hair."

He said, "That hair is wasted on a woman like her."

Hair, like any other attribute, is only a single facet; it is the whole person who counts.
 tatjana25
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/14/2011 12:06:19 AM
I love not having to deal with long hair. :)
 Hozo
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2011 5:01:07 PM

As far as for people my age, I think it has to do with youthfulness. Men like younger looking women. I had always read, when I was younger, that older women did not look good with long or longish hair and needed to have shorter hair when they got older. I am now 59 and my hair is the same length it has always been, medium length/shoulder length. It doesn't look wierd or inappropriate for me, being 59.

Good point.
It seems you see more women 50+ years of age with long hair than you ever saw from our parents' generation at this same age. I think its related to being a baby boomer & growing up in the 60s. Women of our parents generation automatically cut their hair after 30 or so & morphed into that familiar looking bubble-do similar to "Mama" on the Carol Burnett Show. It seemed a rite of passage into middle age, & to me it seemed to define that you WERE middle aged. It was part of the socially accepted uniform of the age. Grandmas are supposed to look like Grandmas, right?

Of course I love longer hair on women of any age, but especially older. A middle aged woman with longer hair looks & seems younger to me versus the short conformist bubble-do wearers.
 cotter
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 5:25:01 PM
My hair was down to my waist and then I cut it off ... just kind of got tired of messing with it and also donated it to "Locks of Love". Now I'm in the process of growing it back out ... it grows really fast and will keep it long again.

I miss the feel of it draped over my shoulders and down my back. I feel so sensual.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 6:43:08 PM
I don't know. I only know that it is.
 salamander000
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 3:34:51 PM
SM doesn't know something? Well, hell musta froze over! anyhoo, back to the topic, I can remember the very first time I ever ever in my whole life saw a man with a bald head...it was way out on LA somewhere, North Hollywood? A couple, and i just thought it was the sexiest thing on the planet...and also, one more comment (hope not to offend) but CC seemed to know quite a bit about the topic at hand...ha! Hmmm, and yes I am very bored today, very boring also...peAce love and hari (hair) to all!
 sewfine
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2011 9:16:07 AM
I love my shiny healthy red hair! I think I look younger than my 52 years!
 SPARKLE_PLENTY
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/19/2011 6:41:02 PM
on me, i won't go shorter than medium
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's So Hot About Long Hair?