Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MellyBabez
Msg: 21
What's So Hot About Long Hair?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I am very vain about my hair.

I love it!

It's perfect, no split ends, no fizzyness.

I braid it beofre i go to sleep.

I brush it alot. Treatments, ect.

And guys love it :D

I would have to say, that my hair is my best asset, hands down.

Mesnafugal
Msg: 27
What's So Hot About Long Hair?
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:16:02 PM
I've had people in line at a grocery store tell me how pretty my hair is... boy does that ever make my day and put a smile on my face!!!
 MellyBabez
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:20:06 PM
^^ I agree :)

As well, some people look stupid with short hair.

And some look stupid with long hair.

Whatever you feel sexiest wearing, is what you should do.

I cut my hair short, after I had my daughter, for practical reasons, and I hated it, and looked so stupid..

Now shes 3, and her father wants to cut her hair.

I want to kick him in the nuts

She is going to have long princess hair, I love her hair, its so curly and pretty. And she has a natural side part, and he wants her to have bangs, and I keep trying to explain to him, that she CANT have bangs, because if her hair type.

He wont win this argument
 happygal_28
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:26:26 PM
I can hardly wait for summer so I can feel my long hair brushing against my back and my arms again. When I got it cut last summer (still long but not long enough) I felt like I was missing part of me! Long and strawberry blonde and very soft. I dont grow it this way for anybody but me!
 RSwindol
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2006 9:57:49 AM
I don't descriminate when it comes to a woman's hair. Long , short, medium, etc...as long as it looks nice and preferably compliments her other features.
 barbee1970
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:53:06 PM
It's beautiful. I would love to have long beautiful locks. I saw a former neighbor and his 4 yr old daughter at the mall. She had gorgeous hair! She's Arab/Mexican. Beautiful little girl already
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/11/2010 9:06:09 PM

take a look at username Gwendolyn 2010

now that's what i'm talking about!!!!

Blush.

I stumbled onto this post by accident, not design.

So funny.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 58
short hair ........ better
Posted: 1/12/2010 12:03:29 PM

The grass is always greener on the other side.

No, it isn't! If loula lou lou thought long hair were better, she would grow her hair.

If I thought short hair were better, I would cut mine.

This isn't a matter of wanting what you can't get! Well, except for women whose hair doesn't grow, is very thin, etc.

I have had my hair VERY short, but I prefer it long. Neither long nor short is better--it is all according to the individual.

However, as far as compliments go, when my hair was shorter, strangers didn't stop me two or three times a week to comment on it.

But I wear it long for me.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/12/2010 4:38:28 PM

i was once with a girl that i used her hair to tie her up.

Hmmm . . . I wonder how you accomplished this? My hair wouldn't hold a knot strong enough to bind someone. It isn't the consistency of rope. Her hair must have been dry and not very healthy.
 DiannaBall
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/13/2010 1:13:21 PM
Yeah lets leave "race" out of things. Gawd. It is 2010. Anyway, about hair? People should just wear it how it looks best on them. I keep mine very long for a few reasons and it honestly looks better on me. It is healthy, thick,long, color free and just overall gives me a really better look. Some women look better with really short hair. Facial features, body type, etc. I love long hair and as long as it is taken care of, kept clean and looks nice wear it!!!It has nothing to do with color or as someone here said "darkies." That is just disgusting. No wonder the world has problems. This is about hair, not race, creed or color. Geez.
 Feasterner
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/13/2010 1:37:04 PM
A guy with long hair has asked me if I like to date a long hair guy or a bald guy. I told him I liked to date none of them. I like men who are clean-cut and have nice hair
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 1:41:35 PM
Nappy it's kind of like this. I can complain about my kids to you, but the minute you say a thing about them to me, oh it's war, right? Us 'lighties' can't even think about using 'darkie', but if you want to do that, I personally think it's great. I'm sick of walking on egg shells anyway with this homogonized and pasturized PC milk talk.
 Feasterner
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/13/2010 6:14:57 PM
If a man doesn't know how to write in his native language, how hot he's will be gone...
 tiBD
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:31:59 PM

Ever heard of a "hair job"????

yes, please tell -- google won't! I've lived this long and I've never heard of one!!! Inquiring mind wants to know
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:26:37 PM
It sounds rather safe and pleasant to me. The only thing kinky about it would be if the hair was kinky. But yes, I agree, it's not the job of a hair stylist
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:28:50 PM

Hair Job:

http://www.sex-lexis.com/Sex-Dictionary/hair-job

Not something that your hairstylist is likely to do, no matter how much you tip.

Tootles........

Too sticky. One would be washing her hair for quite some time.
 platypus_man
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 4:04:56 AM
It's not a turn on for everyone. For some guys, it's a turn OFF. To each their own. I read somewhere that who and what we are attracted to is strongly influenced by our experiences early in life; that said, the first female that was nice to me was my sister's friend, who was slim, and had long, straight hair. To this day, it's the major physical thing that attracts me to women. Take that for what you will.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/14/2010 10:13:31 AM

Now if you have a frumpy face it makes your hair frumpy too...just smile and say cheese....

Jim, you made a salient point!

If a woman is physically unattractive, weighs 350 pounds, or has a bad attitude/personality, it doesn't matter what her hair looks like. Even if a man is initially drawn to her because he likes long/short/certain colored hair, he won't stay for just the hair.

I remember going to a party where my last SO and I met a friend of a friend. The woman was obese, bossy, nasty to people, and generally not nice to be around, but she had beautiful hair--long, thick, wavy, and naturally strawberry blond. (This is off-topic, but her husband was a skinny, rat faced little man who also had long hair, and it was thin and ugly like him--they were into BDSM; he was the dom and she was the sub, go figure.)

Later, my SO made an uncomplimentary remark about the woman to which I replied, "She has gorgeous hair."

He said, "That hair is wasted on a woman like her."

Hair, like any other attribute, is only a single facet; it is the whole person who counts.
 tatjana25
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/14/2011 12:06:19 AM
I love not having to deal with long hair. :)
 Hozo
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2011 5:01:07 PM

As far as for people my age, I think it has to do with youthfulness. Men like younger looking women. I had always read, when I was younger, that older women did not look good with long or longish hair and needed to have shorter hair when they got older. I am now 59 and my hair is the same length it has always been, medium length/shoulder length. It doesn't look wierd or inappropriate for me, being 59.

Good point.
It seems you see more women 50+ years of age with long hair than you ever saw from our parents' generation at this same age. I think its related to being a baby boomer & growing up in the 60s. Women of our parents generation automatically cut their hair after 30 or so & morphed into that familiar looking bubble-do similar to "Mama" on the Carol Burnett Show. It seemed a rite of passage into middle age, & to me it seemed to define that you WERE middle aged. It was part of the socially accepted uniform of the age. Grandmas are supposed to look like Grandmas, right?

Of course I love longer hair on women of any age, but especially older. A middle aged woman with longer hair looks & seems younger to me versus the short conformist bubble-do wearers.
 cotter
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 5:25:01 PM
My hair was down to my waist and then I cut it off ... just kind of got tired of messing with it and also donated it to "Locks of Love". Now I'm in the process of growing it back out ... it grows really fast and will keep it long again.

I miss the feel of it draped over my shoulders and down my back. I feel so sensual.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 6:43:08 PM
I don't know. I only know that it is.
 sewfine
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2011 9:16:07 AM
I love my shiny healthy red hair! I think I look younger than my 52 years!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >