Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > virginity.....should it really be a big deal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thebigslim
Msg: 103
view profile
History
virginity.....should it really be a big deal?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
yeah i guess being in love can probably make or break the experience that much more..... and of course those "physical" aspects will always play their parts too .... this an appropriate time for saying someone can be really "screwed"? haha

and point taken.... you informed lol
 NorseViking869
Msg: 104
virginity.....should it really be a big deal?
Posted: 3/26/2008 11:42:27 AM
Morals aside, I think that anyone saving themselves for marriage to the"right person", is holding to a conviction that in their heart and mind is true;however, you aren't going to know what thee world has to offer with out experiencing things first. it is a double edged sword. On one side , you have this hope that you are special and that saving yourself will somehow make you have a perfect marriage, and know the right partner;however, despite the power of love, how are you going to know what to do in bed?

On the other side, you have the experience of the world, and the abillity to learn to be the best at such a wonderful leisure activity:however, you cna get labled a slut or a player. Rather unfairly I might add sometimes, sometimes rather fairly if your activities impune upon other relationships.

The choice is yours if you want to hold on for dear life to your virginity(or date a virgin) or give up your virginity( or deflower one). I wont judge you, but I am sure the moral police will.
 NorseViking869
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/26/2008 2:14:51 PM

Duhhhhh i wonder what goes where lmfao!!Oh come on it's instinct . You learn together how to please each other. You would have to do this with a new partner anyway . Not everybody will like the same things just like anything else in life.

You know for once I actually agree with you. I will say though I did lose my virginity to my high school sweetheart who was also a virgin. The first time was very awkward and we both wished the other "had experience". You do how ever make a valid point and I find no other fault with it. Like I said before I actully like people that hold to there convictions even when they differ from mine.
 thebigslim
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2008 2:00:27 PM
I figured since I started this thread a long time ago.... I might as well make a final statement on the issue for I have found that one actual 'answer' I was looking for. I am now currently with a great girl I met off of on here (thank you POF) and contrary to belief..... 'NO' it shouldn't really be a big deal.

Since this is both our first relationship, I guess we dont really have any expectations on what we want sexually..... but those options are definitely being explored on what we like and dont like.

She knows I am still one but she accepts it and didn't really care if I was one or not..... even though in the back of my mind (and the fact that she told me she loves sex) still just slightly nervous about the act cause lets face it, as a guy you worry about your performance on how to please your woman.

I have lucked out that we have that emotional connection and she doesn't care about how big I am or how I can do whatever....she is with me for how I make her feel and what I have to offer as a person for a successful relationship. Not to say I am not making up for lost time from all the years of remaining 'pure' (and TRUST me, I am) we are both very content with how things are progressing both sexually and non-sexually and honestly... it was worth the wait.

To my fellow virgins who contributed to this thread and who remain out there, keep your hopes high and have no expectations on when that special someone comes into your life.... for I had almost given up with the whole net dating scene and about to say damn it all to hell. You will find that right person and realize as long as there is that true 'connection', everything will fall into place the way it was supposed to.

To those who may seem a little skeptical on the whole issue of virginity.... well if you give the person that 'opportunity', something tells me they wont have to worry bout being a virgin now will they

Regardless of me being in a relationship or not, it really shouldn't be a big deal if someone is a virgin... then again, I am just speaking for myself. Cheers!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > virginity.....should it really be a big deal?