Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Singles Events Here???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OldFolkie
Msg: 25
view profile
History
SINGLES EVENT FOR OLDER WOMEN/YOUNGER MENPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Cougars Call!

Boys,
Dress to impress...stuff some TP into your crotch to impress those older women!

Take an hour or two to watch the History Channel so you can sound semi-intelligent!

I know it's a stretch, but you might even think about reading an actual book! Those older women really go for someone who can quote Gore Vidal! If you can't find the time to actually read, pick up the Cliff Notes version of a couple of books.

Remember to be laid back and cool! After all, THEY will be hunting for YOU!
 Sirens Call
Msg: 26
SINGLES EVENT FOR OLDER WOMEN/YOUNGER MEN
Posted: 10/14/2008 9:52:40 PM

I know it's a stretch, but you might even think about reading an actual book!

They don't have to know how to Read!

Silly man.
 OldFolkie
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2008 9:59:49 PM
Sorry, Siren...I don't know what I was thinking! Call it the product of a mis-spent youth. ((They made me read a book or two...the meanies!))
You are quite right...as long as they look good, who cares if they can actually think!

Mominatrix
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 10:35:04 PM
Honestly, I can't think of anything worse than a party full of under 35 year old men!
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 1:11:38 PM
now that i've raised my three children, i get to go dancing with their friends. how "not" thrilling.
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 30
view profile
History
SINGLES EVENTS IN CA
Posted: 10/16/2008 3:02:26 PM
ugh. got off the pof website and reviewed my mail. now the CA "singles professional society" is hosting their second "successful" cougar party in palo alto. sounds like a big money maker. women get to feel young again and young adult males get to "get ____".

but, if this were in reverse, and there was a dance where only younger women could attend, you can "bet your bippy" the civil liberties union would be there. i consider myself a pretty liberal person, but i draw boundaries on power struggles between the sexes and my "feminism" also embraces "masculinism"--neither of which operates by different rules for either party. i realize my values are not the same as others. but, i hope the cougars attending these events don't become offended if after their "flings", they find the same happening to them. i also wonder how either the men or women would feel if their children had relationships with men or women older than them? if they are okay with that, then at least, they aren't hipocritical. i would not be okay with that and thus far, my kids are doing well with the +/- ten year rule (so far no greater than 7) and never more than a few years younger than they are and certainly not under 18. note: my kids are 19, 20 and 21.

ps over a year ago, i sought to find a few locals who would join with me to run a santa cruz singles party. no responses. offer still stands. i once inadvertently came upon a singles group for the 40 and up crowd at a local hotel dining spots, sponsored by the same organization above. it was quite full in attendance. they only have them twice a year though. i think if we thought it out right, it would be successful, and also have attendence from santa clara and monteray counties. where i live in aptos, it is a midway between south san jose, city of santa cruz and not that far from monteray either.
 Miss W
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/16/2008 3:08:59 PM
the CA "singles professional society" is hosting their second "successful" cougar party in palo alto. sounds like a big money maker. women get to feel young again and young adult males get to "get ____".

Oh puhlease...now I've heard everything...this turns my stomach. Apparently this works for some people.
 JoJoYourJoy
Msg: 32
Singles Events Here???
Posted: 10/17/2008 1:37:37 PM
HI,
I do not want to arrange one just yet, but am asking for connections.
I am looking for a motorcycle riding get together, or people who ride together often. I don't have my own bike, am hoping for a handsome guy to throw me on the back of his Harley for this. I see there was one up near Sacramento or north, but are there any down in L A area who are interested in rides or know of social rides?

Thanks. Jo
 NormalDownToEarthGuy
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Singles Events Here???
Posted: 4/2/2013 9:48:04 PM
Markus, why is it soo hard to find singles events on POF? I have to search all over and I have bumbled accross a list every once and a while in Forums but why isn't there an easy link?
 MDMD
Msg: 34
Singles Events Here???
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:31:56 AM
[Normal], if you look at the index page for the "California" forums (as an example) there is a complete listing of all Singles Events in California displayed in bright red, fourth line item from the top. All you have to do to keep up to date on upcoming events is click on it.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 35
Singles Events Here???
Posted: 4/4/2013 10:38:36 AM
Re: ^ - Too bad the list is not sorted by event date.
 nancy81974
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Singles Events Here???
Posted: 12/7/2013 1:54:31 PM
Hi NormalDownToEarthGuy

I'm trying to arrange a singles event here in the south Bay (San Francisco) did you host an event for POF? I'd love to talk to someone who has done this before. Thanks for responding.

Nancy81974
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Singles Events Here???