Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is there such a thing as a man lasting too long?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 176
Is there such a thing as a man lasting too long?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
^^I don't think your information was "wrong" per se...I think it is differing opinions in the medical field.

I read in Cosmo (my bible! LOL) that while masturbating frequently with toys can cause sensitivity to lessen...it is not lasting...taking a break from the toys will bring it back. :)
 SUCKAFISH
Msg: 177
Is there such a thing as a man lasting too long?
Posted: 7/2/2006 4:09:53 AM
NOT if it's for EVER

heidtergurl
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2006 1:07:05 PM
nothing is to long LOL haha jokin...ive only ever had sex 3 times and they were quick but he did a darn good job
 MOREthnuBARGND4
Msg: 179
Posted: 7/2/2006 3:12:41 PM
I guess for me, it's what's happening during this prolonged period. If it becomes repetitive, straight sex for 1/2 hour, it can just become monotonous. If it begins to feel like he's lasting a long time because I'm unable to get him to that point, then I would feel bad, and inadequate. But IF I know I'm getting him to that point, and he just grins and says, "nope, I don't want to yet", then I know I still got it, but he's just in control of himself. Then I still have the knowledge that when it reaches the point that I want to, I can turn the tables and make it happen.
But yes....repetitive straight sex for much longer than 20 minutes would make me start to hear the theme from batman in my head. (na-na-na-na........oh come on, like you haven't) ;)
 cbrrr600
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 1:50:39 PM
hey well u say u cant get an orgasm wait a few weeks and ill be home so u can get one
 cbrrr600
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 1:52:38 PM
the reason no guy has ever given u an orgasm is because the think of themsleves first
 indri
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/22/2006 5:34:25 PM
MOREthnuBARGND4

I sooo totally agree with everything you said....

I had a boyfriend like that.... 30 min.-45 min...... he really made me feel inadequate even though i knew that he was enjoying himself a lot....
it's just that, there's some satisfaction derived from the fact that my partner's just as happy as i am (although, after 30 min., it may not be that difficult)....
 apotropaist
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/28/2007 12:56:14 PM

Women often complain that men don't last long enough to satisfy them sexually. I guess maybe i'm the exception,because most of the women i've been with say that i take too long too get off.

I'm sure most of the men in this threat would like to thank you for giving them a reason to brag about their sexual prowess in public. Good one!

Seriously, the real answer is "Yes." When one of the two (or three, or four, or n+1...) people involved is no longer enjoying it, it's gone on too long. Orgasm is not necessarily the demarcation point either; you can have stimulating post-coital erotic play that's just as integral a part of the lovemaking process, and some women will admit that they can enjoy sex even without orgasming.
 csod64
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/28/2007 12:58:38 PM
Oooooooo! Where can I find me one of those?
 apotropaist
Msg: 185
Posted: 7/28/2007 1:05:06 PM

How do guys keep from coming so quick, what is the exact technique and don't say think of something else.

Well, here's a couple of things that have worked for me (though thinking about something else does work):

1. Slow down! The tempo doesn't always have to be "louder harder faster" for it to be good. Intersperse short, vigorous thrusts with slower, deeper incursions; sometimes you want to go nearly all the way out, hold just the tip in for a few seconds, then re-enter slowly and again hold deep within without moving for a few seconds. This can prevent reaching the point of no return. When you feel yourself getting too close, slow down again until it's time for you to go for the goal.

2. Switch positions, or change the angle slightly in the position you're in. When you're getting too much stimulation, you can often "move to the side," so to speak, so that the stimulation is less direct. It still feels good, but not so much that you're going to pull the trigger irreversibly.

Above all, realize that if you're with a partner who cares about you, it's important to make them part of the process, too. It's not all on your shoulder, buddy. Tell them and let them help; if they like you, they'll want to.
 gorrillaz
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 3:08:59 PM

if he's still there when she says "i do"

funny shit

lol depends on the chik i lasted longer thn this one chik and she jst jumped off whn she cummed and left me hanging
 kind of blue
Msg: 187
Posted: 7/28/2007 7:32:49 PM
I picked up a really hot girl at Club Abstract about ten years ago. We were both wasted and were raring to go. I had whickey****after the fourth time I came. I just could not finish the fifth time. We kept going, we saw the sun come through her window, and then we heard birds and people and cars, I'm just goin' at it like my ass was a jackhammer. I swear I looked over to the clock and it was noon before I gave up. n We were drenched in sweat. I asked her how it was, she goes.."best. ****. ever." Never saw her again.
I guess my point is if she's a nympho, the sex can go on forever.
 Nice guys rock!
Msg: 188
Posted: 7/28/2007 10:41:45 PM

Yup - Fellas, take note that after a while, the well runs dry.
Then it starts to rub the WRONG way.

First of all, I don't believe a 20 year old goes dry. My girlfriend back when I was 20 could go for hours and she just got wetter and wetter. (oh to be 20 again)

Second, I always give an "O" or 2 with my fingers before I introduce MrSalty. (My girlfriend named it)

Usually by then they are in the mood so much that I can go for an hour without her going dry. (Like I can go an hour )

I am a big fan of making love for a long time then having sex. Kiss and play for an hour then "do it" for 5-10 minutes.

XLchick
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2007 3:20:46 AM
three days anyone??...lol
 sunshyne1977
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2007 5:32:04 AM
been there! yesit can last too long. i agree with others,several 15 minute sessions are great. one long hour ong pounding,no! i always assumed 'making love all night' wasn't just sex,just lots of kissing,cuddling,foreplay,and periods of actual intercourse. that mental control orgasm hold back thing is great,but it can work against you!
 lyndi
Msg: 191
Posted: 7/29/2007 10:19:45 AM
Finally the question that counts..NO NO NO you can NOT last too long. I have NEVER ever had that exp. Usually it is just the opposite. And hours is a good aim for time frame for me. SO please help men understand this.
 J-me Baby
Msg: 192
Posted: 7/29/2007 10:35:14 AM
An ex-BF and I had an incredible sex life! Even the quickies were like heaven..but the long sessions were absolutely mind-blowing.

He worked away a lot, so when we would get to see each other again, we didn't waste any time getting into things! There was once on the day before he was about to leave again and we knew we wouldn't see each other for a few months, we started in the afternoon and pretty much didn't stop until the next morning!! I couldn't believe the self-control and stamina that man had that day....was incredible!!!!

So, to answer your question, no, there is no such thing as too long!!
 doors1999
Msg: 193
Posted: 7/29/2007 9:42:56 PM
I have found that woman have no idea what they want.If they have a lover that is quick they complain yet if they have a man that can hold as long as he wants they want the opposite
As for me I do not think a woman has ever complained I am too quick if anything they know that they have had a real man when I am done
 *mouse*
Msg: 194
Posted: 7/29/2007 9:51:00 PM
Okay I had to post after reading the name, even before reading the other posts and YES!!!!!!! some men can last way way to long...Ive had times where I had to ask to stop cause I just was not into it anymore. I love quickies and I love all nighters but I dont like only having one or the other. I need variety
 gigigrongbell
Msg: 195
Posted: 7/29/2007 11:27:29 PM
what a fascinating and misleading thread
yes a man can last too long:
.. if he doesnt know what he's doing.
.. if I have to be at work in 30 mins and he cant get off.
.. if he has been using the same position for 40 mins
.. if I have lost interest.
but all the reasons are psychological before they are physical.
If a guy knows how to effectively use his mind/ my mind. If he knows how to blow my circuits again and again then I dont care if he can last for 12 hours. 10 is my record. ... lol ...
If a man just silently thrusts away from almost any position with no preamble, no mental stimulation .. and no imagination .. then 30 mins can be way too long. If on the other hand he can f*** my brain .. he can have my body for a long long time .. If he can play my emotions like a violin .. and send my brain on trips of adventure at the same time. wow.

The other side of this conversation is "why" can't he come in a reasonable time? Does he have psychological issues? Has he masturbated himself heavily over the years and now at age 45 he cant get off on regular sex? Is he getting off on the power as opposed to the sex? Is he one of those talented few who can orgasm without ejaculation and does this so habitually that he cant let go when the time comes. If he knows enough to keep me coming and coming, these causes are less of an issue .. but if he is less talented in the technical and mental skills of good love making then you might want to teach him. He might be in possession of a very good talent .. that needs some sex ed. 460 homework. Maybe hes a closet sub or gay. Most likely he needs you to show him what you like. Work on his mind and show him how to work on yours.

Come on girls lets teach him sane sex!!
 Chillin Gilhen
Msg: 196
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:37:07 AM
...I've been told to hurry up and finish already....it's a mind trick...I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but I've gone into hours...and yes that is possible
 Heidi62
Msg: 197
Posted: 7/30/2007 8:33:08 AM
I have never had a reason to complain...too long...tooo quick... In fact the only time I could imagine complaining about the length would be if the man didn't take the time to please me.

But I have to tell you that a man I had dated for quite a while was quite a bit older than I and he asked me once if he should try viagara? I said why? He never had any issues with performance. He said he just thought it might be fun. He never did try it...but I did have a dream that he did and I woke up terrified. My dream went something like this: We were enjoying each other and he was (for those of you who are not into sex please clothes your eyes now) pumping for an hour and I was actually getting really tired and sore. I asked him to stop and he nicely said I can't....eventually I somehow got out from under him and I was running thru the house naked and I looked back because I knew he weas chasing me but when I did all I saw was this huge massive mountain of a penis coming after me...kind of reminded me of the sausages the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team has racing between innings....lol

That is when I woke up and believe me that picture has played over and over in my mind thru the years.
 Thorb
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/30/2007 8:42:20 AM
lol .... too funny ....
reminds me of a dream I had in Junior high about my slutty english teacher.

Dreams can be so reavealing and confusing at the same time.

cute_asme
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/30/2007 6:45:04 PM
LONGER THE BETTER..LUV IT!
 jtme2j0urs
Msg: 200
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:52:21 PM
Yes and after a while you get tired of it! The first time I had sex with my ex-bf I came within 20 seconds. I came again after 3 minutes. I probably came 4 times within an hour and he was still going at it. I just wanted it to end, lol. Too much of a good thing can sometimes be bad.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is there such a thing as a man lasting too long?