Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mcbobly
Msg: 12
view profile
History
meeting someone is hard when your a singleparentPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Kellie, I would sya that the ones you have met so far are definitely not for you and not for your child. They were not mature enough or able to handle being a parent of sorts. After reading your profile I am certain you will find a great guy soon that can and will be good for you and your child. Don't give up hope, there's still lots of it left, just give it some time and it'll happen.
 babyboo1974
Msg: 21
view profile
History
meeting someone is hard when your a singleparent
Posted: 8/8/2008 10:21:56 PM
There are lots of guys on this stie that don't run when they hear you have kids.
I too am a single mom,and I have been for over a year. I have a 3 month old and 18 month old at home full-time and I still talk to guys that aren't running from me.
It takes time and not every guy wants a ready made family, just like not every woman wants to step in to a ready made family. But they are out there.

You won't be single forever, but you need to take time to find the right guy not only for you but your child. You have to remember this person isn't just going to be a part of your life but your childs too.

I wish you luck in your search.
 andmewithoutbait
Msg: 22
here is my thought after reviewing your profile
Posted: 8/9/2008 3:22:12 AM
your photo's don't look like a mom who is family oriented, you look like a club girl. That's great if you're looking for a club guy... but I fear you will find few club guys that anticipate taking on an instant family.

your description is harsh, with a lot of negative energy to it. Step back, try to use paragraphs, maybe a little punctuation, and take out all the WONT, DONT, CANT & whatevers... personally, one "STAY CLEAR" in a profile is sufficient to ensure I do just that. Also, any profile that has "I HATE GUYS..." in ANY context is certain to convey to guys that YOU HATE THEM, or soon will...

Some of what you have written seems to show a fun, cool girl who would be nice to spend time with, so don't ruin it with all the other stuff... Edit! and have a friend help you... and focus on showing yourself through what you've written, not so much on all the requirements you feel you must impose on any guy who may be interested.
 clueless932002
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/9/2008 7:57:57 PM
i have been on here for a long time now and when some one finds out you do have kids they do kind of shy away.
 dragonpat
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:52:28 AM
Kellie, i know what you feel in spades. I am a single father of five young children. my oldest is a set of twins who are eight. I have been on this site for a lot longer than a few months. I often see that people dont respond to me and that some people flat out tell me they are not willing to be involved with a man with kids, especially five kids. I know single mothers have it hard also. People just dont always seem willing to step into that possition. It is a shame and a big loss on their part. I just keep telling myself that someone will finally be enough of a person to accept me and my kids. Keep your chin up and in time someone will come trough for you.
 texasbaby
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 10:06:24 AM
Try it when you're 60 and have 4 kids still at home,, all 12 and under. It has been so long since I had a date,, I had to look up the spelling before I could post!

tb
 howdoibreathe
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/27/2008 7:43:47 AM
I am a single parent and i have absolutely no trouble at all meeting people. I don't have to go to the bars to seduce all of the young teenage horndogs, I do just fine without that.
 eyesasmilin
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/28/2008 8:25:56 PM
I state very clearly in my profile that I am a mom of a 12 year old. If the person actually reads my profile they should get a clear picture that she is very much in my life. If they choose to ignore it well then that's there problem, not mine.

At my age, having a young pre-teen might be a turn off to some potential interested members here. To them I say she has a father and I'm not looking for a replacement for him for her. She loves and adores him and IF a potential new friend enters my life there's a time period before the two will even get to meet. I don't get her involved in my 'single' life, I feel there is no need for her to experience such transience. Not until I know that a person is interesting enough and secure enough to stick around for awhile will I even mention the possibility of meeting and spending time all together.

I too find it hard to 'fit' it all in sometimes, mom, work, schooling, friends, interests, just going out with friends seems like a miracle sometimes. But I make the time to achieve these goals so my life is full and as enjoyable as I can make it.

It's a tough juggling act most of the times, but isn't what women are most good at?! LOL
 jrebva
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:59:52 AM
I've been a single parent for the last 4 years and while I agree that most men seem to run a mile, I personally believe that they were the wrong men in the first place. Your time will come, as will mine

Just for the record it is not just men who run. I have yet to meet a woman who doesn't split when she finds out that I am a full time single parent. I myself have given up on dating, it is sad but it is what it is.
 GalaxyOFun
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/5/2008 12:24:55 AM
Easier not to date?
If they don't understand, let them go... really. If they 'sorta' understand, that just means it'll be harder to let them go later on. Create a wondrous world with your child, and people will gravitate. The cynics, close-minded, and mis-guided will find somone else to latch onto... You'll be the better, 'cause patience will bring some virtuous friends. I have met deeper relationships (even on a friendship level) after becoming a Dad, than when I was 'truly' single in my 20's.
Trust me!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >