Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What about long hair on a man..Is it attractive or not? and WHY      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vionine
Msg: 44
What about long hair on a man..Is it attractive or not? and WHYPage 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Love dem Peacocks!
 vionine
Msg: 45
Long hair on a man? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Posted: 6/16/2005 8:31:46 AM
Writer chik you said.........
(Gotta keep with the times)

Why does one need to keep with the times?
To prove they can follow?

Long hair is still in and always will be. It's trendless..................................................

Many recent movies had long haired men in them... so you followers can have a reason to grow your military buzz cuts, ick.

Funny how men are shaving their pubes, yuck I like a man with his hair intact!!!
 vionine
Msg: 46
Long hair on a man? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Posted: 6/16/2005 1:03:46 PM
That is cool Writer chick

I am saying it is trendless meaning it doesn't follow trends.

I am saying that it generally isn't trend followers that have long hair. Which doesn't mean they are leading or following. It means they are just doing what makes them happy.

I do pass on the beards, I prefer to see their chins. Actually a very short beard works. because,...
But unfortunately the shaven chin causes rash on my face, as nubs do anywhere else.

I love skin too, hair doesn't grow everywhere. or at least not thick.

I am just primal. OOga OOoga

I don't mind an ocasional hair in my teeth for special ocassions!

By the way I never ask a man to change his hair for me. If I love him, I love him regardless of his desired style or baldness.

I'd say only one boyfriend of mine truly had long hair, and he cut it now and then. But, it grew so fast, he was ever changing. We have a child together whos hair is down his back.
I think it is genetic, when he was two he said in a very firm tone.. "Don't ever cut my hair"
He amazingly doesn't care that most people think he's a girl. At the playground: He say's to newly made friends, whatever lets play! Gotta love him!!

His father always wants to cut it. I say it is a personal choice!
 vionine
Msg: 47
Hey, I like the primal comment!
Posted: 6/17/2005 7:49:45 PM
Ty writerchick
nubs poke into my pores, my poor pores, boo hoo!
 Tigress
Msg: 48
What about long hair on a man..Is it attractive or not? and WHY
Posted: 6/17/2005 11:06:18 PM
I like a man's hair to have some length. Just past the collar or shoulder length is good.
One thing I can't stand though, is a man with a pony tail. If it gets so long that it is bothering you and you have to keep it pulled back all the time, it's time for a hair cut.

I also prefer a layered cut or feathered bangs rather than just long and straight.

Hair that is too short is a definite turn off to me. Anyone seen Brad Pitt lately? I totally thought he was hot until he got the crew cut! He doesn't even appeal to me any more.
 beachinbabe
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/18/2005 8:49:04 AM
I love long hairs, Don't know why, but I do. It's a turn on for me!!
 vionine
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/18/2005 2:32:28 PM
AAAARRRGGHHH! Sex is primal, and long hair gives me primal urges AAARRRGGHHHH!
 vionine
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/19/2005 12:45:07 AM
Love yer hair Late! And I loved the story!
 ChronicTom
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Long Hair
Posted: 6/19/2005 3:56:01 AM
Well, I dont see why someone would allow the length of a persons hair be a factor in wether or not they got to know them. If it was unkept and dirty thats another story of course...

For me, I would rather spend my money on other things then haircuts, but even if I had a free hairdresser I still wouldnt get it cut short... besdies the fact that I enjoy having long hair, its a quick way to find out if other people are shallow or not... and I despise shallow people...

I will admit that there are times in my life when I get annoyed with my hair and cut it short, but thats only til it grows back out again.. the last time was a year and a half ago... now my hair is down past my shoulder blades again, and it will continue to get longer til the day I get an urge to cut it again....

For those of you who think long hair on a guy shows a lakc a caring for ones appearance, you've obviously never had long hair, because it takes a lot more work to keep long hair in good shape than short hair... in fact one of the reasons I occasionally do get it cut short is becasue I want a break from the work of keeping it in good shape... after all, it takes 5 seconds to wash your hair if it's 1/2 inch long and can lead into hours of work once it gets very long... at the point my hair is now, it takes about an hour out of a day to wash, condition and brush it...

Just my thoughts on the subject....
 vionine
Msg: 53
Long Hair
Posted: 6/19/2005 3:26:51 PM
Tom, Mmmmm your handsome!
I will brush your hair for you!
Or you can brush mine!

I agree having long hair would mean a fellow actually likely pays more attention to hygiene.
But, an hour?
My hair is to my butt, and I spend very little time managing it, 5 minutes to wash it. I use conditioner then it hardly gets tangled. It usually looks brushed. so I probably spend a few minutes a week brushing it. It's really fine and only takes about 20 secs to brush.
 ChronicTom
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Long Hair
Posted: 6/20/2005 3:34:20 AM
lol, did I say I was in a rush to do it???
 ChronicTom
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Long Hair
Posted: 6/20/2005 5:34:01 AM
hell if your a single parent then cudos on having time to do anything... I only get my daughter for a couple of days here and there throughout the month and on those days my hair is on its own... those are the times I put it in a pony tail and it waits til I have more time...
 ChronicTom
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Long Hair
Posted: 6/20/2005 11:08:04 AM
bikini wax... I think they use that as torture in some parts of the world... lol
at least I know I'd consider it torture... lol
 ChronicTom
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Long Hair
Posted: 6/20/2005 12:01:50 PM
atthe bginning of a relationship?? that'd be no fun... lol maybe near the end though... lol
 ChronicTom
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Long Hair
Posted: 6/20/2005 12:11:16 PM
hmm its things like that, that make me wish we could edit our posts...
 ChronicTom
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Long Hair
Posted: 6/20/2005 12:18:23 PM
well hell... so you can... lol never noticed that.... thanks late... lol
 SixStringWerewulf
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/21/2005 11:15:01 AM
One one hand, I'm a musician....long hair is more fun to whip around onstage. On the other hand...I've had short hair and I look incredibly silly with it. Damn the trends...I'm me!!!
 ChronicTom
Msg: 61
view profile
History
 Serratus
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/25/2012 7:05:07 PM
THAT is one of the most beautiful things I have read on the internet.
Wow.
 spf76
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/25/2012 7:48:32 PM
"FYI:

Throughout history until the early twentieth century, the majority of men have worn their hair long. During the Great War, men spent months at a time in trenches with no availble means of maintaining personal hygiene, and so to lessen the suffering caused by horrible infestations of lice and scabies, they went with the option of shaved or hair cut very short. Subsequently, those that returned from this war brought this necessity into the realm of affectation and popular culture

I don't have a personal hygiene problem, I am VERY clean, very hygenic.

I have worn my hair long since before it became fashionable in the late sixties/early seventies (well before you were even a babe filling diapers instead of forum threads) and I've had long hair all my adult life, and if you EVER want to get into a contest of who is the more effeminate? .......Bring it on.

BTW, you spell like a sissy."

Someone unleashed their innner Viking today.

I had long hair for a year, but recently cut it because I was tired of battling poof vs. oily, humid vs. dry conditions. Not to mention, I just wanted to clean up. On the days I had good hair my opininon was I looked better than I do now. On the days I didn't? I really didn't. Short hair is more consistent.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:26:44 PM
Men with long hair rock! Can you say F-A-B-I-O?? Aich-ee-double-toothpicks yeah!!
 Love.Notes
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/27/2012 2:34:02 PM
My brothers all had long hair when I was younger. That's my first impression of the long hair look. I personally do not like it on "my man". What other men have as far as long hair goes is no concern of mine. I will say this much..there are men with gorgeous healthy looking hair and often times nicer then a woman's.
 livingwithadog
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/27/2012 3:56:46 PM

Yes, depending upon the hair and the man it belongs to... Not that I find short, even shaved, or bald unattractive—never. Any hair length can be sexy—again, it depends on the man.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/27/2012 11:36:27 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True. Yul Brynner was one of the sexiest men of all time.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/28/2012 10:57:09 PM

That's my first impression of the long hair look. I personally do not like it on "my man". What other men have as far as long hair goes is no concern of mine. I will say this much..there are men with gorgeous healthy looking hair and often times nicer then a woman's.

There's a reason for that.

Men generally don't put it through the same torture many women do. (curling irons, hairdryers, etc.)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What about long hair on a man..Is it attractive or not? and WHY