Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Autism and SB 3 - Stops reporting Mercury in Vaccines      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 7
Autism and SB 3 - Stops reporting Mercury in VaccinesPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Mercury is toxic...
Thimerasol is not mercury. It is a mercury containing compound.
Sodium Hydroxide is a caustic.
Hydrochloric acid is a strong inorganic acid.

Yet mix them together and you get NaCl...table salt.
 SoTexMan
Msg: 8
Autism and SB 3 - Stops reporting Mercury in Vaccines
Posted: 11/30/2006 9:18:40 AM
Hey, all:

^^^Sorry, weak understanding of basic chemistry--thimerosal is ethylmercury, with the mercury atom on one end, and the bond is easily and handily broken in the body, yielding elemental mercury, at which point it causes widespread injury to a large array of organs. Even at low concentrations it causes the destruction of brain cells, slowing and denying normal developmental processes. Embryonic brains of fetuses and growing brains of newborns are especially vulnerable to this damage.

Vastly different from NaCl--both are essential elements--biogenesis likely began in water with high levels of NaCl. In stark contrast, read what I wrote about mercury above--mercury has no known metabolic function in any living thing. It is universally toxic. Don't make the mistake of confusing classes of chemicals based on your understanding.

You'll have to do much, much, much better to find a valid comparison. You might consider lead, cadmium, arsenic, selenium, or all the heavy metals, etc. Understand, though, that these will not support your position.

David

"Practically..."
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/30/2006 9:43:38 AM
Gee tex, I wasn't comparing the two really, just the fact that you can take two or more toxic and deadly compounds react them and the result is non-toxic.

I thought that was obvious.

Oh, btw...sorry for my limited understanding of basic chemistry theory.
I've only been a scientist for a little over 25 years.
Now I work in medical devices for one of them evil pharma co's.
My apologies.
 cedar77
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:11:21 PM
OP....
I think that there is alot of controversy on whether or not vaccines are causing autism .....and personally from what I have read I think there is a strong possibility they are atleast very suspect.
One of the reasons vaccines look guilty to me is that there seems to be a huge effort to repress honest inquiry into whether they are responsible or not .
The system attempts to marginalize anyone who ask's too many questions...this raises my suspicion!
The other thing that concerns me is that the system seem's bent on forcing vaccines and flu shots ...all the while the controversy increases...not good!!
And if this isn't serious stuff ....I don't know what is!!!
 cedar77
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:48:50 PM
OP......
IMO .....I think that when it comes to general health there is essentially one extremely large factor ....Immune system .
It seems to me most all the disease today is related to damaged or disfunctional or over active immune systems .
I think that the human immune system is extremely complex and well beyond man's understanding at present ...and to meddle with it through vaccines seems to me to be a very dangerous prospect.
If chronic illness of every sort is on the rise in tandem with the proliferation of vaccinations then vaccines have to be at the very least suspect....personally I would have gone with a natural healthy un-altered immune system and relied on my natural defenses ....(had I had the choice!!)
 scorpiomover
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:19:12 AM

And remember folks, don't eat the tuna!
Funny. That's just what the government says:
Food Standards Agency
Agency updates advice to pregnant and breastfeeding women on eating certain fish
Monday 17 February 2003
Ref: 2003/0330

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) is advising pregnant and breastfeeding women, and women who intend to become pregnant, to limit their consumption of tuna to no more than two medium-size cans or one fresh tuna steak per week. These women are also advised to avoid eating shark, swordfish and marlin.

This precautionary advice is to protect against the small risk to the unborn child, and breast-fed babies, from mercury in certain fish. This is because mercury can harm an unborn child’s developing nervous system.

http://www.food.gov.uk/news/pressreleases/2003/feb/tuna_mercury

This scare in vaccines is due to the rise in Autism, Asperger's syndrome, ADD, ADHD and other disorders, i.e. a general rise in the number of people naturally lacking basic social skills and finding it hard to function in society. Judging by the amount of poor diet, lack of exercise, the amount of harmful chemicals, and the discouragement to develop social skills in our society, I suspect that these factors, which are so prevalent, are more likely to be the greatest causes in these issues.
 BLONDE_TARZAN_BIKER
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/25/2008 8:27:31 PM
CharlesEdm......if you think vaccines are safe then you should talk to any of the 250,000 American Soldiers who were in the Gulf War. Oh wait......you can only talk to 240,000 because 10,000 are DEAD!!! from untested vaccines forced on them when they were in the military. The 240,000 who are still alive have serious illnesses and are dying and to make it worse our wonderful government has turned their back on them!

You are young and NEED to educate yourself about the Real World. Wisdom comes with age and those of us with enough years behind us are too intelligent to allow our mind to be corrupted by falsehoods and government disinformation that puts a spin on everything.

Keepin it Real !
American Patriot
 pappy009
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:37:07 AM
With this much controversy over vaccinations, why in the world would anyone get one.

Just because its a vaccine does not mean its safe, science has made many mistakes in the past and we got kids born with no arms, legs during the 50s when vaccinations first came out I think it was thalidomides poisoning in the vaccine. They thought that safe too.
 TheUbermoogle
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:56:11 AM
I think there are a few things that need to be looked at here.

For one, thimerosol is no longer used in vaccines given to children, and has not been since 1996, while reported autism cases have continued to increase since then.

Secondly, correlation does not imply causation, as the above mentioned point implies. While there may be an increased reporting of autism, the characteristics defining the term autism have been continually broadened since the 1970s, so it follows that reported cases would increase.

Even this most recent case in which an "autistic" child's parents were reimbursed by the government does not even come anywhere close to the government implying that autism was caused by mercury in vaccines, since the parents don't even claim she has autism. What they are being reimbursed for is the mitochondrial deficiency within her cells that were aggravated by the vaccines she was given, NOT by any mercury that may or may not have been in them, but by the body's immunological response.

Denying your children appropriate immunity to dangerous and life-threatening diseases is not in any way safe. Keep the herd immunity up and vaccinate your kids. They'll thank you when they're older. I would not be surprised if, come 5-10 years time when one of the unvaccinated children finds out why they got mumps or measles when they were younger that they sue their parents for their shoddy parenting. I wonder where the courts would stand if that were to happen? I certainly know where the science of the issue would stand.
 pappy009
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 7:03:56 AM
--but by the body's immunological response--

So are you saying that every human being has the exact immunological response.

Do they test children to see if the vaccine is safe for them or do they have a system to understand whose biological function are suitable. Funny thing is some families are prevalent to Cancer, diabetes, heart disease etc. You know where I am going. So instead of blaming the parents because they feel the immunization is dangerous why not test the children for what we already know. Well what little we know.

EG. My buddy I worked with for 5 yrs, his wife caught the flu and it was a heavy one, after she recovered the doctor told her to get a flu shot every yr to prevent such a serious illness. That was 7yrs ago, now she chronic arthritic, diabetic and has problems with short term memory, her grand child from her daughter had a baby, normal on all accounts, got the vaccination, now the kid is autistic. It could be in there biological Immunities that certain people cannot take the vaccine. Look at the facts that we use vaccination in a General sense, we are not specific enough. I have never had a vaccine since I was in school for polio vaccines, but a polio vaccine is made up of Dead Polio cells that the immune system recognized and create an immunity, that far from what we do today.

--I certainly know where the science of the issue would stand.--

I don't think any of us really know, including the scientist. If they did, there would be no problem and those doctors, which are many, would not be suggesting to the parents not to get the vaccine.
 funnyfireguy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2008 8:32:57 PM
well speaking as a father of a Child whom lives with in the Autism Spectrum.. as far as his vaccinations go... I will do it again in a heart beat... you see what Polio can do to you?

those whom feel that the vaccinations are the " cause " of Autism and I am a horrible parent for putting my child at risk and all that other crap.. well... I say Thank You!..I will be a bad parent when my child is better protected from YOUR rugrat when you send it to school with the Measles, or even something a little more popular.. Chicken Pox...because you mistook it for a " simple rash"....because you think the BIG PHARMA people are out to get and hurt YOUR kid and the government is covering it all up....Dont like the government?... seems like a logical option is... MOVE to a country that does NOT have a corrupt government of some sort... oh yea thats right... there are none.... AND of course it is your right to stay here and **** and complain about how the government is. just like it is your right to refuse to have your kids immunized because of what ever reason you can think up. Sure there are all kinds of " Studies" out there as the wonderful Linda has so kindly taken up a few gigs of bandwidth to point out supporting the whole thing that immunizations are killing our kids... but there are just as many supporting the argument that immunizations are safe. Look at the WTC and Pentagon tapes... there are actually people that think that this never happened.. some of you reading this will say " yup... dat der was da government too" which is fine.. it is your right to think that. yea.. I opened that can of worms... sorry...no not really...

ok anyway.. as a parent with a child whom LIVES with in the Autism spectrum.. which I may have missed that part of the postings in here mentioning that there is a VERY wide range of Autism from very low functioning almost a vegetative state... to a very high functioning almost genius like range..... did you know... Bill Gates .. Yes... THAT Bill Gates...is said to have behaviors that fall with in the Autistic range? Never ' Diagnosed" but Microsoft was one of the first major U.S. corporations to offer to pay for behavior therapy for its employees' autistic children... a few other people you may or may not have heard about have been known to display Autistic traits and yet never was " diagnosed" as Autistic....
A musician from a little town in Germany.. oh what was his name... oh yea Ludwig van Beethoven
there was a guy from Ohio invented a couple things that are some what familiar to most of us... something about a light bulb.. oh.. yes Thomas Edison....he exhibited Autistic traits.
Who was that guy... you know the creator of Charlie Brown... OHHHH Charles Shulz.. there was also some lady.....a writer of sorts .....uhmmm oh yea Emily****nson... she also is said to have exhibited Autistic traits.

so.. is it the Immunizations that "cause it" or has it just been around a little longer then what we " think" I mean.. if it is fact that that music guy Beethoven had what is being described as Autistic traits.. I some how have trouble with believing the " FACT " [ as said here once or twice] that Immunizations are the cause of Autism....

Linda... we get it... Your kid has Autism... he was fine one day and the day after a shot... not so much......my child was delayed all his life.. or so we though... so what YOU can do is sue the Pharma companies... OR... be your childs advocate get all the help you can for him and make it the best life you can with what you have....stop living in the past as it seems like you are....it is a very big bitter pill to swallow...to fully accept your child is " different" and the thinking of the " what did i do wrong... what if i did this.. or this".... i still have my days with accepting that.. but it does not change the way i love him.
 easyguy71
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 6:58:21 AM
I am stunned people ignore scientific proofs that the MMR shots are in absolutely no way responsible for autism. The statistics show zero change in the number of children with or without the shot and the number of children who have austim expose itself at the aproximate 18 month mark. The same percentile of children with no vaccine are autistic.
The governments would waste a lot less money, focus on more important things like successful teaching methods to improve an autistic's life and help society as a whole better if they would just quash the whole conspiracy theory thing about the MMR shots being linked to autism. The man who formed the theory fourty some years ago debunked his own theory for the rest of his career.

Give it up! Base your actions on fact, on things that will help. Not on an urban legend.
 easyguy71
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 7:57:43 PM
The arguements used in the US courts are the same out-of-date claims made that have been debunked. Do you not honestly think that if there were such a proof, it would not have made global news? We've kept up and shake our heads at the knee-jerk reactions that have been given by the US courts. The courts, sham-authors like Jenny McCarthy pushing false information, people who latch onto things that give them something to blame... they all do a serious dis-service to the Autistic community.

I am sorry, but based on court wins in the US and the reasons for the wins, I put little to no faith in what they claim or offer. I believe in science, medicine, provable fact. Not the courts but the lab. Not studies based on a handful of people but one with hundreds to thousands of documented cases as proof.

For now, we work for the best interest of our daughter and will continue to do so, as you do, with the best information we can get. I'd suggest before believing what a public elected official deems is fair in court, you look up scientific fact involving research within the last 5 years and with a larger subject base than a dozen or two people.
WWW.Sciencedaily.com is an excellent place to start.
 easyguy71
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 10:22:18 AM
Hey Wiyan, did ya happen to notice how the number of kids who recieve vaccines and develope autism are exactly the same as the number of kids whos parents refuse the vaccines and still develope autism?
That's demonstrating that it's not asking too much of most still forming brains and immune systems, it only demonstrates that some people cannot leave a dead and proven inaccurate arguement alone.
 cotter
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2010 7:39:31 PM
^^^Gee too bad I didn't meet you while I was living in the Hilo area (Keaau) back in 2006 while I was living there. I believe my sweet little grandson is Autistic because of the vaccinations he received.
 easyguy71
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2010 9:15:47 PM
Post is now ... what? going on six years old and there still is not one viable, solid evidence piece of information linking either of these.

It's nice to feel in your heart of hearts that you have something to blame. Now move on, get on with raising your kids and give this pipe dream up.
The stats for and against are still the same. The tests are the same. The man who came up with the theory still has disproven his own theory. Parents and grandparents are still trying to play "who's to blame" because heaven forbid the studies actually making headway in genetic links to other diseases and conditions be proven to show that your own genes are causing autism to be more prevalent.
 easyguy71
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 7:45:23 PM
If that were indeed the case then continue lookint. This arguement has been disproven so many times, it's not funny.

And no, the childrens lives are not destroyed, they are different from yours or mine. Just because they most likely won't live up to YOUR standards of a good life, it does not mean THEIR lives are destroyed.

You really have no clue, do you?
 easyguy71
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 11:50:38 PM
Big difference between scientific fact and the daydreams of someone or even many someones who "feel" that it is wrong.

Show me the science. With a search you can find the science proving the theory false. You cannot find any documented science demonstrating it. There are hopes, ideas, "feelings" and such but no hard scientific fact. NONE.

Do you have anything to offer or do you just troll sensitive issues and conspiracy forums?
 easyguy71
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 9:52:52 AM
http://www.sciencedaily.com/search/?keyword=autism+vaccine

http://www.sciencedaily.com/search/?type=news&keyword=autism+mercury§ion=all&filename=&period=365&sort=relevance

Science daily is a compilation of university, governement and pubic sector science and development. You name it, it's in here if it is at all newsworthy.

Show me one shred of VALID evidence to back the vaccine being at all remotely responsible. Even the man who came up with the theory debunked it. Give it up and move on. Quit spreading false information. You do harm to society and their beliefs, waste valuable time and effort and contribute to hick medicine that "Old Aunt Velma swore by".....

Where are YOUR facts, figures and data from actual credited places? Not the Jenny McCarthy vomit she plagues the world with but true scientific data? Oh, that is right. There is nothing backing the rumor except an unwillingness of the population to accept hard science.
 cotter
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 5:15:47 PM
http://www.sciencedaily.com/search/?keyword=autism+vaccine
A new article recently published in the Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing explored vaccination history, vaccine safety monitoring systems in the U.S., and the two most publicized theoretical vaccine-related exposures associated with autism – the vaccine preservative thimerosal and the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine. A review of published research shows that there is not convincing scientific evidence supporting a relationship between vaccines and autism.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/search/?type=news&keyword=autism+mercury§ion=all&filename=&period=365&sort=relevance
In a large population-based study published online today, researchers at the UC Davis MIND Institute report that after adjusting for a number of factors, typically developing children and children with autism have similar levels of mercury in their blood streams. Mercury is a heavy metal found in other studies to adversely affect the developing nervous system.

Wow ... I know those two articles have really convinced me ... NOT!

Now who in the world would believe a group of people who have everything to lose if their supposed "research" should prove that they are in fact guilty?

And who in the world would believe anything but the real thing? My grandson was developing absolutely normally until the vaccine changed everything.

Until a person has lived with the differences and the changes that occur, I would say they really have nothing to go on except what the industry has to offer as proof and the industry has every reason in the world to off no proof that the vaccines are at fault.

I'm a nurse and have worked with hundreds of nurses and doctors who believe the increase in Autism is related to the vaccines.

The research being done is not neutral and until they can come up with a neutral source, I'm going to believe the real thing. My grandson is living proof that the vaccines are at fault.

I'm with the poster in Message 76 ( ~~bambi~~) ...
no ones saying the mmr causes autism . it was a final bullet for some kids . the mercury has been removed now autism is on the decline , to be honest i couldnt give a monkeys wat a scientist said its wat i seen with my own eyes that keeps me fighting . i sujest you look up some congresmen in americas reports . damages are being payed out as long as the word autism isnt use . suits me as my son is vaccine damaged .

I'll be looking into that possibility as well. "Vaccine damaged" ... yup, I'd say that's a good description of what we're dealing with now.
 easyguy71
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 9:11:00 PM
Cotter, keep reading. There are many more than just 2 articles.
I'm actually stunned as is my wife (nurse and med-lab tech qualified) about a person in the public health sector going around spreading fairy tales based on a feeling.

And I am still waiting for an accredited science center that offers proof of the shot being responsible for Autism.

Bambi,
You state that autism is on the decline. Where are you getting your numbers from?
 cotter
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 12:21:04 PM
^^^I've seen all your posts and I'm not impressed. There is nothing you can say that will change my mind.

My grandson is living proof for me. Until you can come up with any kind of proof (other than people who can be "purchased" for their opinion), I'm really not the least bit interested in listening to someone who has nothing to do with the medical field ... and for all I know has never experienced the challenges of raising an Autistic child.

I also question the motives for coming in here and continuously basically insisting that all the people dealing with this onslaught of Autism is all in our heads. Until someone has lived with it, and dealt with it ... they cannot be in a position to know what we are dealing with here.

(Message 76 ...~~bambi~~)... no ones saying the mmr causes autism . it was a final bullet for some kids . the mercury has been removed now autism is on the decline, to be honest i couldnt give a monkeys wat a scientist said its wat i seen with my own eyes that keeps me fighting . i sujest you look up some congresmen in americas reports . damages are being payed out as long as the word autism isnt use . suits me as my son is vaccine damaged .
Bambi,
You state that autism is on the decline. Where are you getting your numbers from?
Doesn't make much sense to ask a question of a poster who is no longer active, so I'll see what I can do.

http://www.autismcoach.com/Autism%20Declines%20When%20Mercury%20Vaccines%20Banned.htm
AUTISM DECLINE

Finally, what parents of children within the autism spectrum long have known is being validated by the medical establishment in the United States - mercury in immunizations causes autism. Mark Geier fought for years to have the CDC data release what was supposedly public epidemiological data concerning the skyrocketing rates of autism in the United States. His analysis of the data was published in the March 10, 2006, issue of American Physicians and Surgeons. This analysis shows that since mercury was removed from childhood vaccines, the alarming increase in reported rates of autism and other neurological disorders (NDs) in children not only stopped, but actually dropped sharply – by as much as 35 percent.

Using the government’s own databases, independent researchers analyzed reports of childhood neurological disorders, including autism, before and after removal of mercury-based preservatives. Authors David A. Geier, B.A. and Mark R. Geier, M.D., Ph.D. analyzed data from the CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) and the California Department of Developmental Services (CDDS) in "Early Downward Trends in Neurodevelopmental Disorders Following Removal of Thimerosal-Containing Vaccines.”

The numbers from California show that reported autism rates hit a high of 800 in May 2003. If that trend had continued, the reports would have skyrocketed to more than 1000 by the beginning of 2006. But in fact, the Geiers report that the number actually went down to only 620, a real decrease of 22 percent, and a decrease from the projections of 35 percent.

This analysis directly contradicts 2004 recommendations of the Institute of Medicine which examined vaccine safety data from the National Immunization Program (NIP) of the CDC. While not willing to either rule out or to corroborate a relationship between mercury and autism, the IOM soft-pedaled its findings, and decided no more studies were needed. The authors write: "The IOM stated that the evidence favored rejection of a causal relationship between thimerosal and autism, that such a relationship was not biologically plausible, and that no further studies should be conducted to evaluate it.”

As more and more vaccines were added to the mandatory schedule of vaccines for children, the dose of the mercury-based preservative thimerosal rose, so that the cumulative dose injected into babies exceeded the toxic threshold set by many government agencies. Mercury is known to damage nerve cells in very low concentrations.

The concern about vaccines may actually be underrated, as it is generally acknowledged that the voluntary reporting of such disorders has resulted in vast underreporting of new cases. For example, the Iowa state legislature banned thimerosal from all vaccines administered there after it documented a 700-fold increase in that state alone. California followed suit, and 32 states are considering doing so.

Up until about 1989, preschool children received only 3 vaccines (polio, DPT, MMR). Then during George Bush Senior's presidency, the number of immunizations given to young children skyrocketed, fueled by the federal vaccine advisory board that was populated primarily by lobbyists for the vaccine manufacturers. One of the vaccines added during this period was the mercury-laden Hepatitis B vaccine which was to be given within 24 hours of birth. Heptatis B is primarily a STD (sexually transmitted disease). The government could have instead instituted a blood test for pregnant women determine if their newborns were at risk rather than injecting all newborns with yet another vaccine. By 1999, the CDC recommended a total of 22 vaccines to be given before children reach the 1st grade. Many of these vaccines contained mercury. In the 1990s approximately 40 million children were injected with mercury-containing vaccines.

The cumulative amount of mercury being given to children in this number of vaccines would be an amount 187 times the EPA daily exposure limit.

Between 1989 and 2003, there was an explosion of autism. The incidence of autism (and other related disorders) went from about 1 in 2,500 children to 1 in every 166. Currently there are more than a half million children in the U.S. that have autism. This disorder has devastated families leading to high divorce rates, shortened lives of parents (parents of special needs children live an average of 10 years less than other parents), and reduced standard of living to pay for expensive treatments.

The response of the current Bush administration to this epidemic has been to deny there is an epidemic and try to hide the data from public scrutiny, while at the same time secretly putting in an addendum in to the Homeland Security Act specifically to prevent parents from suing vaccines companies for vaccine damage. Over two years later, no one in the Bush Administration has yet come forth to take responsibility for authoring this addendum which has taken away the civil liberties of families of children with autism to seek compensation for the harm done to their children.

The Bush administration also lobbied on behalf of special interests to defeat legislation that would have required mercury to be removed from the air-borne emissions of coal-firing power plants. About 48 tons of mercury are released into the air annually in the United States from hundreds of coal-burning plants. A study in the journal “Health and Place” found that autism, a developmental disorder marked by communication and social interaction problems, increased in Texas counties as mercury emissions rose, said Claudia Miller, a family and community medicine professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. In areas near the coal burning plants, the rate of autism was 6 times higher than the national average.

In 1999, on the recommendation of the American Academy of Pediatrics and U.S. Public Health Service, thimerosal was removed from most childhood vaccines as a "precautionary" measure - i.e. without admitting to any causal link between thimerosal and autism.

The Geiers conclude that mercury continues to be a concern, as it is still added to some of the most commonly-used vaccines, such as those for flu:

"Despite its removal from many childhood vaccines, thimerosal is still routinely added to some formulations of influenza vaccine administered to U.S. infants, as well as to several other vaccines (e.g. tetanus-diphtheria and monovalent tetanus) administered to older children and adults. In 2004, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences (NAS) retreated from the stated 1999 goal of the AAP and the PHS to remove thimerosal from U.S. vaccines as soon as possible…As a result, assessing the safety of TCVs [thimerosal-containing vaccines] is a matter of significant importance.”

The FDA allows vaccines to be labeled "mercury-free" even though they can still legally contain a certain amount of mercury, as mercury is actually part of the antiquated process of manufacturing vaccines, which has pretty much remain unchanged over 60 years.

Also, worth noting is that these vaccines have a long shelf-life and the FDA did not issue a recall of the older vaccines containing higher levels of mercury. This means that after 1999 children were still being immunized with unsafe levels of mercury. Although it is less and less likely that children continue to be exposed to these older vaccines, it would be wise to check with the physician to ensure that the vaccines being administered were made after high levels of mercury were removed. Also, flu vaccines without mercury may be requested. Vaccines still containing mercury even if they have been labeled "mercury free", may include DPT, Hepatits B, and HIB. For a list of vaccines, their manufacturers, levels of mercury, and other preservatives the vaccines currently contain (including aluminum, which has been implicated in Alzheimer's and formaldehyde, which is better known as embalming fluid) as provided by the FDA, please click here.

The main reason the flu vaccine is still being made with mercury is because the manufacturing plants have not been updated and it costs twice as much to make it mercury free, negatively impacting profits.

For additional information about the Bush administration's recent policy initiatives concerning the Bird Flu and FDA rulings that are likely to impact the health and development of children, please click here.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-13212007.html
Medical Journal: Autism Rates Decline as Mercury Removed from Childhood Vaccines

U.S. Newswire | March 2, 2006 | Copyright 2009 U.S. Newswire. This material is published under license from the publisher through ProQuest Information and Learning Company, Ann Arbor, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to ProQuest Information and Learning Company. (Hide copyright information) Copyright

TUCSON, Ariz., March 2 /U.S. Newswire/ -- A new study shows that autism may be linked after all to the use of mercury in childhood vaccines, despite government's previous claims to the contrary.

An article in the March 10, 2006 issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (JPandS.org) shows that since mercury was removed from childhood vaccines, the alarming increase in reported rates of autism and other neurological disorders (NDs) in children not only stopped, but actually dropped sharply -- by as much as 35 percent.

Using the government's own databases, …

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-142736756.html
New Study Supports Mercury-Autism Link as Documents Surface Showing CDC's Refusal to Reduce Mercury Exposure Through Routine Shots in 1999, Says NAA.

PR Newswire | March 2, 2006 | COPYRIGHT 2009 PR Newswire Association LLC. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information) Copyright

National Autism Association Calls for Senate Investigation of CDC Malfeasance in Extending Use of Mercury in Kids' Vaccines

NIXA, Mo., March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Autism Association (NAA) today joined other advocacy organizations in calling for Senate investigations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding its failure to remove thimerosal (mercury) from pediatric vaccines when given the opportunity in 1999. This comes following a study released this week showing reduced autism diagnoses coincide with the reduction of mercury-containing …
 easyguy71
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 6:58:14 PM
The newest of your sources is almost half a decade old. I try to rely on the latest info.

As for my background, I have raised for nine years a little girl who is autistic. Recognizing something was different about her before she was six months old but making the severe mistake of asking a question meant litterally, I got my head bitten off when I asked my wife is she may be retarded (meaning delayed). And so my mom, a former handicapped grouphome worker, was able to begin getting through to her and at age 2, my wife relented and testing came back with a clear diagnosis.
She is on the extreme range, so far not demonstrating any signs of aspergers. She at nine now has a vocabulary of about 2 dozen words and yes, she did have a typical vocal development up until about 18 months and lost it by the time she was 2. Motor development did not really develop until she was about five and now is quite good.
She is beginning to be able to identify the need to go to the bathroom when she's awake.
She demonstrates an uncanny ability to remember where we hid the chips last week and when we least expect it she is able to, with stealth, break into a locked room and happily munch away on her plain potato chips. Loves songs, dancing and is atypical in that she's quite sociable, consistantly happy and will give direct eye contact as she comes to get hugs and kisses. That was one issue that, contrary to anything you'll read about being non-invasive to their space, we were not willing to accept. After forcing her to give hugs and kisses, invading her space to force eye contact and using deep pressure hugs as a reward, she came around to liking the affection. Took a few years but she came around.

How about you? Tell me about your grandchild a bit.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Autism and SB 3 - Stops reporting Mercury in Vaccines