Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you date someone with a lazy eye?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DukeTheCowboy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Would you date someone with a lazy eye?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
For those of us who do have a "lazy" eye, it's not "lazy" just unmotivated.
 mogrl
Msg: 15
Would you date someone with a lazy eye?
Posted: 11/10/2006 2:09:03 PM
I sure hope that you are perfect.Why would anyone care about this???
 ManCrap
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/16/2006 4:12:56 PM
Why? why has the forum taken a downturn?
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/30/2007 3:37:34 AM
It could be a major lazy eye or a slight one. You know one eye tends to shift off to the side(outward). So would you? If you have before, what was it like and would you do it again? Or can you only date people who's eyes are completly straight?? Be honest people.

So do you have one? I always kind of wonder when someone starts a thread like this, whether they're just trying to put their mind at ease over it. I saw one a few weeks ago where someone was asking if anyone would date someone with a big hairy mole that was located right between their eyes. He was so specific on the size, location and coarseness of the hair you knew he had one.

To answer your question I guess it would depend on how lazy it was. If it's to the point that I'm not attracted to them because of it, then I wouldn't date them. It's just like any physical thing someone may have. If it turns you off, then naturally you're not going to date them.
Now if Jessica Simpson had a major lazy eye I could definitely over look it with her body.
 blondago56
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2008 8:56:42 PM
i REALLY hope by now, that is the VERY LEAST Thing i have to be concerned with regarding another person i let into my Life!
 Miss W
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/5/2008 10:29:24 AM
I was born with one and it was corrected as a child. I say that it is better to date a lazy eye than a roving eye.
 cowtrucker
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2008 2:21:23 PM
I have in the past, and don't have anything against doing it in the future. Although I tend to look into a person's left eye when I'm talking to them, my friend in particular couldn't see out of his left eye very well; It was awkward at first, but I got used to it, and then started looking him in his better eye. If it's been a while since I've seen him, it takes me a minute to remember about it, but I don't have any problems after that.

As long as they have two eyes and not three, I'm okay with it. lol

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 Saltolibre
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 1:53:55 PM
Yes, I would...I have seen some absolutely beautiful women in my lifetime with a lazy eye...The way I look it there are some physical traits we as humans have no control of, that is one of them...Now would I date someone that is LAZY, no!
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:24:02 PM
It's not shallow. People can't help what they are attracted to. Humans use eye contact cues a lot. I was on an internet meet with someone who didn't warn me about his lazy eye. I also had a mean highschool teacher with one. Neither were mild cases. It always look like they are cross-eyed and looking elsewhere. I don't think there's any way I could be attracted.

I think they'd be better off wearing a pirate patch, actually. That's kind of macho looking, at least.
 Soul Union
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/11/2008 2:17:22 AM
hw dare anyone question someone who has a lazy eye!!. you are what yr born with. club foot- pot belly- cleft lip- bald head later in life- ugly personality as thoe person who thot this theme in the first place....im classed as pretty and have a squint.....you dont like it??? f**k off. simple as that. knob ed.wot a prick! - magsy

I have heard some disgusting language on forums, even in textspeak, but this takes the blue ribbon for foulness. To paraphrase Shakespeare: "I would rather be a toad existing on the vapours of a dungeon . . . " than listen to this, especially from a woman. I thought this kind of post was met with a ban of some kind?

Never mind. It's all cool these days, and anything goes. Why don't we all just blaspheme at each other and hurl insults and abuse in general? It seem to be the linguistic dernier cri of today's society.

"Language is man's way of communicating with his fellow man, and it is language alone that separates him from the lower animals."

- Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

Can we not be kindly towards each other, talk as if talking to your mother, as if every word mattered? Isn't there enough harshness in the world without adding to it?

- Peter
 mikeej
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 2:46:59 AM
where the hell do people come up with these insane questions....?????
 SilverOwlAbove
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/11/2008 2:47:09 AM
OH MY GOSH! Just think if you were born with a "lazy eye." It;s somewhat like being beautiful but at the same time having a Birth Mark on their face!! I know someone who has a drifting eye and he is the nicest and one of the smartest people I know. So why would you be uncomfortable being with them??? If that bothers you. You're a very Superficial, insecure person! I can't even believe this would be a topic!! It's like I won't go out with anyone who has red hair because you like black! Be real people!! This is why we have all the problems and insecurities in America! Supposedly the Land of the Free!
I see nothing about lazy eyes or dating different colors, religions or same sex!!

I say GET OVER IT!!!! We are all people!!!!!!
 caesar0002
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/11/2008 4:08:14 AM
i would because maybe their lazy eye wouldnt see my lazy body. I knew someone with one and its no big deal. Just sometimes when they ask you something you turn around to see if someone is standing next to you out of reaction. If you both have a sense of humor you can have fun with it. I would look around in strange directions and act like they were talking to someone else when I knew it was me. All out of fun and it always got a laugh.

We should do a pole on if guys with unibrows get more dates.

Also I saw a very pretty dark haired girl with dark crossed eyes once and she really turned me on. But htis other girl I dated would be staring at me when I opened my eyes during a long kiss. We'd be getting into it and I would peek open an eye and she would be staring at me. It freaked me out and I had to try to to peek but when I did she would be looking right into my eyeball and inch a way and this made me feel weird. I cant describe the feeling. Weird in a bad way. It kinda scared me.
 RustyCage21
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 4:24:56 AM
In all honesty, I'm not so sure I could. I will admit thats very superficial of me, but I would never know which eye to look at! If I wanted to look into just one eye I would date a cyclopse
 caesar0002
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/12/2008 2:37:53 AM
rustycage do you want to look at one eye? lol.
 want to travel
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2010 3:04:17 PM
they can fix that, my cousin had a lazy eye, he was only in the hospital for a day
 DallasSBF
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/10/2010 4:35:21 PM
Love the run in circles comment.
As far as the shallow comments grow up. You think you can build a long lasting relationship without some physical attraction then you are stuck in a fairy tale. We need that. Without it you may as well have a cat.
 bestwomanever
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/10/2010 8:57:58 PM
Wow, someone is superficial enough to even consider NOT dating someone based on that??? Geez, it makes me sad that people are so shallow. I didn't even read the thread because I know it would make me mad. Anyone who says "No, I wouldn't" deserves each other, just PLEASE don't breed and bring anymore shallow jerks into the world.
Above poster is right. Try actually being deeper than a puddle and look at someone's heart instead. There needs to be attraction, true, but over something that insignificant?...So immature.
 marisia
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2010 12:00:59 PM
If someone doesn't wish to date me because my eye slightly wanders when I'm tired. I don't mind, its their preferance and not really my loss.
 bestwomanever
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/12/2010 12:16:20 AM
Forumfishie: I tend to believe the guys and that is good to hear. I'm legally blind and my eyes do this thing were they kind of move (part of condition) and I've dated lots of guys who didn't care. In fact, a couple told me I looked kind of dumb when I tried to hide it, lol.
 Smarts and Heart
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/15/2010 7:49:57 PM
My son has a friend in his circle of friends with a lazy eye. She had surgery at a late age but it didn't correct it completely. She's a beautiful girl, super intelligent, great personality and trust me anyone of his guy friends would love to date her! She's very education oriented at this stage of her life, and she has no shortage of dates. I don't believe such a small impediment would limit anyone if everything else was in order.
 LinuxD
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2010 3:59:43 PM
As a person with a lazy eye, I find a LOT of these answers very shallow. I deal with idiots like these all the time.

My lazy eye is nothing I could control. The truth of the matter is I was a foster child. I had amblyopia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amblyopia and it was left untreated and I lost the sight in my right eye because I was a check from the state to the people I was with. It is not correctable. I've had to learn to do things most people would take for granted, and be held to the same standard as non visually impaired people,while dealing with comments and questions such as "They let you have a drivers license?" "Are you sure you can do that?" Let's see.. I have no depth perception.. I gauge distances differently than you do.. I have no fear of heights.. I shoot and do a lot of things either right or left handed.

I've been turned down for dates,denied jobs,can't be a truck driver or pilot but my vision is better than those of you who are so shallow as to use something that is beyond someones control and is in all actuality a minor thing, as I can see exactly how petty and shallow you are and what a "perfect" person you are.

My younger brother tortured me unmercifully while growing up by calling me "Cyclops" One-Eye" and a host of other names. Then one day he had an accident in gym class and his right eye swelled shut, it took 3 days before it would open again.. in those 3 days he knocked things over,walked into walls,tripped going down steps,and walked right into the side of the family van. He apologized to me profusely and promised he would NEVER make light of what i have to deal with. You know what? To this day 25 years later he never has. He understands now.

You are truly missing something if you discount some one who is "less than perfect" according to some random ideals.

No . for me it would not be an issue to date someone with a lazy eye. I had a SO with one blue eye and one brown eye. a wonderful woman.

Good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you date someone with a lazy eye?