Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 leo_goddess
Msg: 14
How tall is tall?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i'm just under 5'9... my guy friends and coworkers still call me short stuff...

A man that is 6" is 75%ile for height in men. Probably not "tall"

A woman at 5'8" is 95%ile for height in women Definately "tall"

The 95%ile in men is about 6'3 depending on the age.
(this drops down as men get into the older generations to like 6'1 for 70 yr olds).

OE: the median height for men is 5'9. and for women is 5'5
 leo_goddess
Msg: 16
How tall is tall?
Posted: 4/13/2006 3:16:23 PM
Well men have increased in height significantly in the last couple decades.... so when you were younger, 6' would have been tall for a man but there is so many men growing past that these days that statistically that number has gone up but our ideals for it haven't.
 leo_goddess
Msg: 22
How tall is tall?
Posted: 4/13/2006 3:46:41 PM
Canadian men are taller on avg than americans.. I used US numbers.

So... half the population is tall and half the population is short? There is no grey area or average ppl?

@island:
To me... there isn't a too tall.. but yeah.. took a little bit of figuring when I first dated someone really tall such as yourself... and i'm tall to begin with so... for a shorter woman you might be intimidating until they figure it out.

There is a too short tho which is shorter than me... prefered no shorter than me in heels.. I don't always get my perfered... but... that's OK.
 leo_goddess
Msg: 24
How tall is tall?
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:00:05 PM
I went to school with a lady over 6' and she was dating a midget (whatever the PC term for them are... I dunno.. don't feel PC today tho) and they were as happy as can be...

Maybe they just both felt understood by eachother because they were so different....
 confidentlyhumble
Msg: 43
How tall is tall?
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:11:59 PM

blah blah blah .......

The Inane Ramblings of this "individual" have been removed from the forums - example of what not to do. Please use the Report User link at bottom of his profile.

- Trappedonbayst
 Northern Lights
Msg: 44
How tall is tall?
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:23:05 PM
^^I bet you have a tiny****^

wow... such hostility... wtf??

Sorry hun, there are lots of men out there who are looking for more then just 'tits and a hole'... I think it's a safe bet to say you're not one of them. Even the dirtiest of whores would find you repulsive.

I see no common sense or logic in what you posted. I only have pity for you. What a miserable life you must lead.

Get some help dude, seriously.
 Northern Lights
Msg: 46
How tall is tall?
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:30:33 PM
Darn it... I wanted to have some fun GEM...

*pout*

Just as well though I suppose.... though idiots like this are fun to toy with... I like watching them implode!
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 52
How tall is tall?
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:26:29 PM
Let's face it Val, most people are tall compared to Fox Zoo!!

And for me, any one over 5'6" is tall, so enough of the short jokes!! That's not the all important part of the humanoid complexities!!
 Northern Lights
Msg: 56
How tall is tall?
Posted: 10/7/2008 9:43:50 AM
I tower over all of the gals I work with, and some of the men too, my boss is elbow height on me! lol

I'm always being called on to reach high things, or change time/batteries on clocks, or, well, you name it!

Put me in heels, and like Alluria, I'm over 6 ft - I think we're the same height right Alluria?

I don't mind being tall, the only problem I have is that it's a **** to find pants that are long enough!
 edmonfella
Msg: 62
How tall is tall?
Posted: 10/7/2008 8:02:34 PM
I am pretty sure your yoga Instructor needs a new tape measure. People do not fluctuate 2 inches... half an inch maybe....
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >