Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating while unemployed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 foxonatrain
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Dating while unemployed?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
To start, I'll say that I think money's great. Money provides a proportional amount of freedom. That being said, I find it really sad and telling about society's priorities when people won't consider a partner because that person is in the middle of financial hardship. Imagine your dream partner, somebody with all the personality, looks and qualities you want in a man or woman. Now imagine that person without a job. Would you really reject them based off of that?

Not having a job and not wanting to work are different and not WANTING to work is very indicative of a person's motivation and drive, which is an inherent quality of their personality and a completely justifiable reason for rejecting a person. Not HAVING a job is really just a matter of circumstance and gives no indication about the type of person they are. Why they don't have a job is more important.

I graduated from college in 2008 with thousands in debt and couldn't find a job for the life of me. After about 6 months, I ended up working part time as a cashier for minimum wage taking the bus 1.5 hours each way to and from work. Definitely putting my two bachelor's degrees to good use. Finally after a year, I got a much better career oriented position and I'm making more than double what I used to make. I have a car and once I'm done paying off my student loan I'll move into my own place.

Money has never equated to a good time for me. Milkshakes on a park bench while talking for hours are some of the best memories I have with my ex. It didn't work out, but money wasn't the issue. When you're unemployed you should definitely make it a priority to find a job but to throw out dating completely doesn't seem fair to yourself and if anything might just kill your confidence even further.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating while unemployed?