Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Be gone
Msg: 163
Has anyone NEVER had a ONE NIGHT STAND?Page 3 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
no, don't believe in them.
 upstream
Msg: 166
Has anyone NEVER had a ONE NIGHT STAND?
Posted: 3/6/2007 6:35:03 PM
Never had one. I simply have no interest whatsoever in hopping into bed with someone I don't care about - although sex is fun, to me it isn't just about getting your rocks off (there are much simpler ways of doing that). And if it is someone I care about, then I respect them to much to use and toss them like that.

I've had plenty of opportunities, but the idea just doesn't appeal to me in the least.
 smith2267
Msg: 168
Posted: 3/7/2007 1:04:21 AM
I may have answered this already; but no, I've never had one.
 SteveHD
Msg: 169
Posted: 3/7/2007 5:22:42 AM
Hehehe....second girl I was ever with was a one night stand. She had no hesitations about what she wanted. Never heard from her again...and for some reason I laugh a little every time I think about it. I definately chaulk it up to a good memory...
 peacefulwlife
Msg: 178
Posted: 3/8/2007 12:16:24 AM
Sure. 24 years ago. The morales and AIDS came into the BIG picture..
 Calm_One
Msg: 180
Posted: 3/8/2007 12:48:04 AM
No,
I don't get into situations that could lead to that. I think I am the type of person who needs to get to know someone for more than just one day before that happens.
 semper_vera
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2007 6:33:34 PM
I've never had a one-night stand.

Don't really feel like I've missed anything, either.

I think some of you are not truthful. Wouldn't you have sex with some one you find attractive? When both agree, just for the enjoiment? I see,... you rather play with yourself...I bet at one time or another walking down the street you have seen someone and said to yourself: "I would not mind spending the night with that man or woman".

Nah, I would definitely rather have sex with an attractive man than just play all by my lonesome. But that doesn't mean that I want to have a one-night stand. And, sure, I've looked at really hot guys and thought, "I would not mind spending the night with that man".

But if you're really attracted to somebody, wouldn't you want more than just one night?

And that's why I've never had a one-night stand: because if I want to have sex with somebody, it's because I see potential for something more... And if there's no potential, I'm just not interested.

sv
 iamtheone39
Msg: 185
Posted: 3/8/2007 7:04:22 PM
Well,it has been so long ago that I forgot what one was...Let me think,"Thriller" was the hit song on the dance floor and the popular colors in clothing were black,red,and white...
 OutMind
Msg: 195
Posted: 8/19/2007 6:54:49 PM
I guess you are an enigma. First you answer the question. How many one night stand have you had in your life? Then we open up and let you know. Fa're deal?

Sass_and_Class
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2007 9:21:55 PM
Nope, I've honestly never had a one night stand, nor would I ever consider it. Physical intimacy is meant to be shared in a committed relationship, in my opinion.
 mashjaja
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2007 8:56:13 AM
I haven't.

It's due to both reasons you've identified. I've never had the opportunity, but even if I had the opportunity, I don't think I could...It's just something too intimate for me to be so casual about I suppose.
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 201
Posted: 8/20/2007 12:07:39 PM
Never had one. A bunch of reasons...

For a while, you could call it "lack of opportunity": I had a steady girlfriend for years, and a wife (different woman) for more years after that, and I don't cheat.

I've had lots of opportunities despite that, but never went anywhere. Most of the women I just wasn't attracted to. With some the attraction was there but good sense won out when it came time to go home.

Then there are a few cases in between - women I met on holidays, typically, got along with great and probably would've slept with even if just for a holiday fling, but just never worked out that way.

Oh, and there are a few more interesting cases where women were chasing me and I missed it totally by being a sheer stupid Clueless Male (tm).

Would I believe somebody who said they'd never had one? If she seemed believable, sure. More to the point - I probably wouldn't care, unless she did it a lot, so why bother lying?
 EC22
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/20/2007 1:10:54 PM
Most of the people on this thread stated that they never had a 1-night stand. I highly doubt that is true. I think many people don't want to admit it. I'm sure many people had a 1-night stand or at the very least had sex with a person that they never seriously dated at least once. Whether it was in college, on vacation, a person that they met at a bar or club etc. I don't think any form of casual sex is wrong if both people clearly understand the situation.
 walker1960
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/20/2007 1:46:12 PM
Yup!
Remember these folks are ADVERTISING, they are trying to appeal to whoever they can appeal to, no matter what it takes. I’m sure a new round of photos would show a few noses a bit bigger than in previous pictures…
And of course, many of them “frequently take long moonlit walks on beaches”

Proper truthful communication (and the aforementioned scuba gear) really does take care of lots of things..
JeeZ, I think I’ve got the communication part down just fine, I just started giggling to myself though…I can’t EVEN imagine anybody giving me the opportunity to need to run up to the ol drug store again….I haven’t giggled in a while…
 chillbuffed
Msg: 205
Posted: 8/20/2007 8:39:27 PM
Had something that started off as a one night stand
Last three long months, produced a child and the rest is history
Would I do it again ... hell no ... and im 22 years older...
 Jazzmaster2
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/21/2007 11:21:26 AM
You're supposed to stand?
 fingsuperwoman
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/21/2007 11:22:59 AM
Nope, because they always come back for more
 scorpiomover
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2007 4:06:17 PM
Never. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Alcohol doesn't work on me, either. Doesn't matter how much I drink.

You can tell if someone does one night stands. It's in how they stand, and how they stand when members of the opposite sex are near them.
 sheerhunk
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2007 7:32:56 AM
I have had several one night stands back in the 70's back then there was no Aid's fear .
I was fairly good looking back then and it was easy to pick up chicks in Bars and clubs.
I wouldn't even consider these days but back then it was fun .
 JazzDan
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/23/2007 6:51:00 PM
Never. I was in a travelling rock band in my younger days too.

Had the opportunities, but...I was too picky, and I really have no regrets. I don't believe it's wrong if it's what both parties want, and I will never say never.

I
 ncessential
Msg: 219
Posted: 6/5/2009 10:37:27 PM
I have honestly never had one. I have had lots of offers though. I just do not believe in them myself. I would hate myself in the morning.
So there is my honest answer...:>)
 brynn005
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 11:52:48 AM

I've never had a one night stand; they've never interested me.

Casual sex doesn't do it for me at all. It's too shallow and empty; I need more than that.

I'm with you, Jiv222. I need more than just a casual sexual encounter, also. I've never had a one night stand either, mainly because it's just not for me. I need something more long-term and meaningful.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >