Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Giving up due to complete waste of time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Giving up due to complete waste of timePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
so far 2 people have noticed lol

you might have had better luck if you changed your age restrictions so it isnt just younger women, also the 75 mile range limits you. Not to mention photos of you with other women...migh make them think you already have a wife/gf. Also you seen to really be going off on "fat" women both here and your profile. That might come off as a "little" insensitive.

If it isnt working for you then good luck with whatever else. Never say Never...remember even Sean Connery did! lol
 Bubbalump
Msg: 3
Giving up due to complete waste of time
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:20:21 PM
First let me say that I'm sorry you've had a bad experience on this site. I do think a lot of your experience must have something to do with the negativity that you exhibit on your profile and also here. Everyone has preferences, but you should not criticize those that do not match your ideal of perfection. That sends out a bad signal to the women that perhaps would match your qualifications. Good luck finding your ideal match. Everyone deserves that
 bucsgirl
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:35:30 PM
Too bad, I met many who were deceitful and some that outright lied about obvious things. VERY obvious. But I stuck around, met many wonderful friends and found my one in a bazillion. Didn't let the liars rob me of that. Sorry you did.
 PancakeMix
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:44:00 PM
I look at a 'horrible' date as one step closer to a great date.
 TheReason_
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:56:27 AM
Instead of being negative and ranting about what you don't want, why not talk about what you do want. I see female profiles that are somewhat similar, and I think "wow, someone, somewhere, did that woman wrong and now everyone else will pay" you are in Florida, when I checked your profile, it showed women from your area and it seemed like a good selection. I've met some great people, some interesting people, and some batshit crazy people. It takes all types and you just have to sift through everyone to find that connection.

Try giving the profile a bit of a revamp, as it's surely driving women away.
 ElCid90
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/25/2009 1:13:17 PM
I have been on this site off and on for about two years. I agree that this site frankly is a waste of time. I think I will try Eharmony! The ladies there are a lot more serious about dating. I know I am not some gross pig, but after sending out easily 30+ messages in the past month (more than just "hey, let's chat") and getting only two replies (they were polite turndowns), I think this site is a complete waste of time. Just curious what other guys have experienced as far as number of messages sent versus responses. Good luck to you all.
 jacob8088
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/25/2009 11:28:15 PM
LOL Complete waste of time is right, which all the more reason why Im only here for the forums. Although sometimes it is funny seeing some of them b*tch and whine at the drop of a hat.
 Haydn01
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:27:38 AM
Hi Merlinn
I myself have had a few bad experiences but hey! thats life, just a word to the wise drop the anger and negativity mate
Also never give up on giving up there is someone for everyone as for me I aint giving up I know my lady is out there it's just a case of opening my eyes a little bit more eh!
I hope you find what you seek but it might be a good idea to take time out
Best of luck
 callmelori
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2009 10:38:47 AM
jj4u427 asked...
"Oh, and if he HATES this site soo much, then why the hell is he still on? The original post was in April.."

April 2006, which is 3½ years ago and he's still here. Maybe he's here only for the forums. :)
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/26/2009 11:06:26 AM
OP, I think it's your opening rant in your profile that is off putting to the women who may be interested in you. If I were you I'd tone it down. As for the radius, I think that's a good distance to be willing to travel to meet someone. I don't think it would limit your possible dates. As for the bit about phone calls, um... maybe it has to do more with the advent of caller ID and the fact that you would be able to see her phone number and if you were a creep you have her number. Maybe they don't know that they can block their phone # from being identified. That's just a possibility that I thought about. Are people overly cautious these days? Yep. If you want to see how seriously f*cked up it could be go see "Surrogates" -- people who don't actually live life, but live it through their "surrogate" instead.
 GQSunset
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/26/2009 11:10:28 AM
Yanni called, he wants his hair and mustache back!
 thwipp89
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:21:19 PM
"It's all good, bro. Take a break, record another album with the Scorpions, then come back with a fresh perspective. Time for the winds of change."

this was hilarious! i was thinking more along the lines of skynyrd, tho...
 dom.is.gone
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/26/2009 2:17:14 PM
LOL. I just noticed that he posted this in 2006.

And yet his profile is still just as negative. Has he had any luck.... but I would persume NOT.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Giving up due to complete waste of time