Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 leo_goddess
Msg: 8
Silent BirthPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If I was Hubbard and created a religion in order to make a fortune... I'd have a little fun with things too....

Crazy rule # 1203 of Leo's new religion: You can fart but you're an impure being if they carry any sort of oder.

Fear not my loyal followers.... I'll offer the next level of purity that will rid your farts of stink for a meer $3999.99.... a steal when you think about your soul and eternity!
 leo_goddess
Msg: 23
Silent Birth
Posted: 4/16/2006 10:56:57 PM
From scientology.org.... paraphrased because the actual text makes me want to throw up :P

No words within ear shot of the birthing mother or newborn for 7 days.
The mother CAN scream, moan and cry if she wants... just no words/music.
Calm and as silent enviroment as much as possible and no drugs
 GreenEyesAndHam
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.
Posted: 4/17/2006 2:19:37 AM
edit: [nasty, caustic rant about petty, vindictive people deleted]

GE&H
 leo_goddess
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/17/2006 9:37:23 AM
^^^ Yup... but I still think that even though it's 2000 years old.

IMO ALL religion goes wrong after the Dogma. They all are based on fabulous ideas and the intentions behind them are honorable but gets a little funky from there once human beings take over and start interpreting it and create organized religion. Therefore all of them are laughable really.

That's just me... I'm not bashing anyone with religious beliefs... you can think what you want and if it helps you life a better life all the power to you.
 neomyth69
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/17/2006 12:04:26 PM

I've got to agree with the posters above that if Christianity were introduced today, it would be laughed at like Scientology is ridiculed now. "You're saying this guy walked on water? Then he died and came back to life 3 days later? You're mad I tell you!" The ideas behind Christianity and Scientology are equally realistic, and equally unrealistic.

While I am most definitely NOT a Christian, nor am I a Christian supporter - this statement gives Scientology the same level of credibility as Christianity a religion which has been followed for a couple thousand years. Let's see if Scientology can last the century before we give it the same level of credibility.

Hmm... thinking about this begs the question to ask myself - as much as I ridicule Christianity I guess I have even less respect for Scientology. Amazing.
 GreenEyesAndHam
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Silent Birth
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:34:16 PM
He was kidding...

• http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20060414/114505122000.html

Oh, and he made a pretty nifty joke about eating the placenta. (Really, it was funny.)

And some other stuff for the discussion in general:

Cruise shed more light on the concept of "silent birth," the Scientology ritual the couple will apparently observe. It's "basically just respecting the mother," Cruise explained, squashing the misunderstanding that it for some reason involves Holmes not making a sound.

"The mother makes as much noise...you know, she's going through it," he told Sawyer. "But why have other people make noise? You know, you want that area very calm and to make it very special."

But will there be painkillers if need be, even though Scientology seems to frown on certain types of medication?

"Whatever the woman wants," said Cruise, who has two adopted children with Nicole Kidman. "If she needs her epidural, she's gonna get her epidural."

GE&H
 singlebookgeek
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Silent Birth
Posted: 4/20/2006 6:52:31 AM
I agree with BraZen, why mock one religion over another? Anything that offers a bit of comfort to a person, can't be all bad.
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >