Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gideon_70
Msg: 26
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looksPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Many men say what you want to hear. It is to get what they want, and they know that if they play to your ideas of what a man is, then you will relax yourself, your belt, and your prohibitions. Then, once conquest made... While, sadly, men who are honest get few if any replies.
 dlargo59
Msg: 27
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks
Posted: 1/1/2007 7:38:01 AM
When did the term " abitch" become a badge of honor for women?????
 SunchserFL
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/5/2007 11:20:50 AM

When did the term " a****" become a badge of honor for women?????

I think it was some time during the sexual revolution....lol
 looking for love 2nd x
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:23:17 PM
Witty

You are beautiful!!! and you are probably too good for him anyway! Always remember not everyone is for everyone, if they were then there wouldn't be so many of US singles.

And for the guys out there that want a polite "no thank you" you write back NASTY!
"what I'm not good enough for you" or " get a reality check" or "good luck finding someone" and I could go on and on........sometimes the delete button is best.

I do feel looks are important, I actually like someone on here, but he has too many "friends" and a criminal record, I would even overlook that for the time being just to get to know him better. I know I am stupid! But that goes to show you LOOKS RULE THE HEART FIRST!

And now for the men who don't know what the term B I T C H means

Being a **** means........I stand up for myself and my beliefs. I stand up for those I love, I speak my mind, I think my own thaughts, and do things my way. I won't compromise what's in my heart, I live my life my way, I won't allow anyone to step on me, I refuse to tolerate injustice, it means I have the courage and the strength to be ME! So try and stomp on me, douse my inner flame, squash every ounce of beauty I hold WITHIN. You won't suceed. And if that makes me a ****, so be it.

Looking

P.S for the men who want an independent woman, you don't know what that is.
 reelcrazy
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:42:24 PM
thats really rude , and the women are as bad here as the men.
 looking for love 2nd x
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:45:23 PM
ohhhhhhhhh, here is a good one!

rick0000 never talked to the man, he obviously read my profile and emailed me

YOUR A WACK JOB!!!

simple rule.......if you don't like the profile, hit the NEXT BUTTON.

and keep
 chad10866
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/5/2007 3:24:12 PM
And it goes the same for women, I have never in my life met so many rude and disrespectful people. My mail box is full of "read/deleted."
I just got one more today, she sent me some bullshit that "my heart is on a shelf" blah blah blah. Its starting to be my opinion that women post on these sites to boost their ego's, to see how many guys will pay attention to them, never intending to meet ANYONE, or maybe that Tom Cruise will be strolling thru here one day and just happen by their profile and sweep her off her feet. These sites are ridiculous, I think I'll be better off hanging in a friggen bar.
 trac749
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2007 6:26:23 PM
"Thanks for the message, yeah I think you are right, don't be so nice"

I disagree with not being so nice. Just because someone else is being rude shouldn't change who you are as a person. You are who you are for a reason and if being a nice person is part of who you are, then you shouldn't change; plus, you make the world a better place.

I know I sometimes struggle with this too but refuse to let someone with an ugly personality get me down or make me react the way they do. The more I see rude people, the more I love myself.

Good luck!
 SouthFloridaDude
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:28:27 PM
Not all men are like this, and not all women are NOT like this. While women seem to place a high priority on the financial stability (i.e. $$$$) that a man has, it's pretty clear that how physically attractive a guy is plays a significant role. I don't know how many times I've seen someone post something in a forum like "I'm looking for a blond-haired blue eyed guy, with car, job, between ages 29-33" - as if they were placing an order out of a Sears & Robuck catalogue.

I can tell you that for me, the way a person looks isn't everything. The personality is a very important trait to me! I'd much prefer a woman who wasn't mean, or demanding, and had a personality that agreed enough with mine to where we could entertain ourselves with each other. I don't care how drop dead gorgeous a woman is, if she's stuck-up about herself or just plain has a crappy attitude, then that's just a real turn-off, and that just about trumps everything else. I could NEVER fall in love with that, let alone be attracted to it.
 Natvcal
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:49:48 PM
Belly18 Dancer You are not a fat blonde whale. You are very beautiful. I find it interesting that a lot of the men on these sites want barbie and they are not much to look at themselves. There are more unattractive men on these sights than attractive ones. They need to get over themselves and take a long look in the mirror.
 cedar77
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 9:20:59 PM
Women are just as "look's" oriented as guy's are ..that I'm sure of.
 nurse_sassy_1
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 10:54:56 PM
Men and women judge each other by looks they are what "hooks" us, but it is the personality that keeps us, or causes us to cut line....for me he doesnt have to be great looking there just has to be that little something that catches my eye....I too try to answer all emails as someone took the time to actually write to me and I think the same courtesy should be given....I have never really had a rude reply to my emails but then again I havent been on here quite as long as some of the other members....rule of thumb though treat others as you want to be treated...because what you sow is what you reap!!!! Why cant we ALL GET ALONG HAPPILY WERE ALL LOOKING FOR THE SAME BASIC NEEDS AND DESIRES.....Jo
 SweetestJ
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/9/2007 1:57:02 AM
First of all, let me say that I am very sorry your feelings were hurt. That should be the number one thing people (men and women alike) should think of first before writing. You would never say rude things in person to someone you just met as you would see the hurt in his or her eyes and most of us have instilled in us some sort of manners. However, in this forum, it is just a face and just a profile and sometimes we forget that there is a person with feelings behind it.

Secondly, please do not get discouraged. Internet dating is not a solution to meeting our "soul mate", but only a tool to allow us to meet others that we might not normally have encountered in our day to day lives. I have had many dates with men that had I walked into a room full of men, would never have chosen this one or that one to date. However, I have enjoyed meeting the vast variety of people that I have. There may not always be that magical connection, but if you learn just one thing from each new person you meet, your life has been enriched!

Keep being nice, sweetie. It is your nature and don't ever change that because of someone else. There are just as many men out there who will appreciate you, love and cherish you as those who are rude and unthinking. It is just a matter of time and selection. Keep that smile on your face and don't let them get you down.

I wish you much love and happiness always!!!

J
 Sherlock101
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2007 5:48:57 AM
So whats the best way to reply to someone who has responded to your ad but your just not attracted to?
 DestinNewbee
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/13/2007 10:06:40 AM

I can tell you that for me, the way a person looks isn't everything. The personality is a very important trait to me! I'd much prefer a woman who wasn't mean, or demanding, and had a personality that agreed enough with mine to where we could entertain ourselves with each other. I don't care how drop dead gorgeous a woman is, if she's stuck-up about herself or just plain has a crappy attitude, then that's just a real turn-off, and that just about trumps everything else. I could NEVER fall in love with that, let alone be attracted to it.

I feel the same way. If you treat people with respect, most of the time they will respond in the same manner. Rude people don't deserve a response.
 peterrabbit1111
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/13/2007 1:03:43 PM
HI Wittywoman, you just got the wrong guy, first of all I am very honest to everyone I contact, I hate fakes. I know what I want and appreciate what a lady wants. So keep looking sweetie, not all of us guys are jerks. Pete
 Blankpage
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:52:27 PM
So being a nice person and honest on here seems to be just a joke to these guys
Here is something I found on internet dating and I was surprised, but after being on here it doesn't surprise me. I think the owner did a wonderful job on this site I have met some nice people, but I have met some very rude people. It's a shame people cannot treat people the way they would like to be treated. You can write anything on your profile, but the question is can you stand behind it???? I just don't know why people cannot be nice god for once in awhile, does it hurt that much to be nice!

Just keep being nice, it's who you are. Being thoughtful and kind takes work, it's easy to be unkind and rude and hide behind a monitor. It's cowardly and immature. And it's a way for people to make themselves feel superior when they really have no substance.

I have been on and off dating sites occasionally for the last 5 years, but I won't join a site where you have to pay a fee anymore because it's just not worth any price. I liked the premise of this site, too, but, like you, have found it to be much the same as far as the human species goes. I continue to be nice, and ultimately ignored, but it's still a silly, fun escape from the real world.

Try to have fun, and just ignore those who are offensive. It's their loss.
 Blankpage
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:55:14 PM
Marry me. lol!!!
 Blankpage
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/13/2007 3:55:47 PM
Try to have fun, and just ignore those who are offensive. It's their loss.

Holy cow! I look like an albino manatee in my posted pic! Why is it so distorted?? lol!
 chad10866
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/13/2007 5:44:55 PM
Allow me to retort...I think I am as honest as I can possibly be in my profile, maybe its a little to honest. If I see someone I'm interested in my message is standard "Hi I saw your profile and I liked so I thought that I would say hello" blah blah, I have never been rude or disrespectful, well maybe once and I have YET to get a response from anyone, so I dont wanna hear the "you get what you give " B.S. Its still my thought that 9 outta 10 women are here to troll for attention, you see the same ones constantly checking their mail or online. Why am I still here you ask, good question, maybe Im holding on for that one catch, I will probably be deleting my profile as your reading. Good luck to the rest of you.
 alamode
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/13/2007 6:39:01 PM
In response to wittywoman...I totally agree with you. You are very attractive and as a fellow woman, I understand completely how you feel. It is very offensive that some men think they have the right to judge us. I have introduced myself to some men and recently to one who asked me where I got off thinking that anyone as young as 35 would want to have anything to do with me. My response was that I was receiving so many intros from younger men, I simply decided to invite more of them to write. Who says age has to be a factor. Some younger men are so burnt out by the younger girls that they find some comfort in talking to an older woman. Hey, I'm not that bad to look at and have many younger male friends. And I mean friends. They honor me by asking my opinion and advice on certain matters. Even their love life. I respect that they can look to me for my wisdom. So you guys that think you're better than the "Lady" who introduces herself to you because you have a nice smile and you're not attracted to them. Be kind. How would like someone to treat your sister or mother like that you self centered Romeo.
 allie7947
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/13/2007 8:13:19 PM
YOU ARE RIGHT IN SO MANY WAYS, I LET GO 3 YEARS AGO, AND NOW I AM READY, BUT GOD ITS HARD OUT THERE, I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO COMPETE, I LOVE MY LIFE NOW, BUT WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO FIND A GOOD MAN TO SHARE THIS NEW LIFE WITH, KNOW ANYONE?

ALLIE
 spydderweb
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/13/2007 8:24:26 PM
put some stinkin clothes on, you ain't all that and a bag o' chips
 susndeca
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/13/2007 8:51:32 PM
You're correct OP. There is no reason to be rude. Especially when you've given someone a compliment. His actions were uncalled for and showed his lack of integrity. I think we've all experienced that unfortunately.

I don't know how to cast a vote on your list but I think most people are mostly honest.....

I also think you will find different levels of honesty with different age groups. The older, the more likely to find honesty because time has taught us how to scope out crapola better.
 nwfl_redneck
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/13/2007 10:29:13 PM
[/Holy cow! I look like an albino manatee in my posted pic! Why is it so distorted?? lol!]

LMAO... albino manatee! too funny Blank Page

Jim
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks