Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prdawson
Msg: 76
view profile
History
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looksPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
ok, heres the thing. since i have lived in the south. especially sarasota! all the men are so phoney, i could just spit. people are rude in general here in the south .there is no manners at all. to the person who suggested nice people finish last. screw that! not true! its us nice,honest people who get ahead in life. you get alot of junk on the internet. just remember , its all about timing. you might go years without seeing anyone good. my problem is, there is not alot of guys with looks. they look like inbreeds. sorry, just my opinion. if you dont like it, sorry!
 spydderweb
Msg: 77
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks
Posted: 3/29/2007 11:53:23 AM
IC your another one of those average body types......say what it is girl
 chefpat57
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/29/2007 12:05:28 PM
totally true.my mom always said men are from mars.i do not understand why men are so judgmental.if you are not barbie,you are nothing.to tell you the truth,they get what they deserve in the end.hurt and dumped by someone better looking than them.
 spydderweb
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/29/2007 1:56:06 PM
Ok I'm little vague on what it is you are trying to say, so far what I think I have gleaned from your statement is that good looking men are inbred, is that correct? Now I may be a dope but I think that it is outrageous to classify everyone of a particular trait as a whatever.. You seem to harbor some deep seeded anger issues, maybe you should consider Dr. Neil Clark Warren as your savior..I don't know maybe you will find less men from the deep south that have questionable sexual practices.... (this is difficult for me to muse) anyway I do hope you find solace in your quest for the perfect man or woman, or whatever you are looking for..The pink bunny may be your best friend...
 manforlove
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/29/2007 2:18:53 PM
i have to agree that it is not right to be rude about not being attracted to someone,however i don't believe it is rude not to be attracted to someone as some women on here accuse.i also do not think it is shallow..i wish that people could accept the fact that everyone has different tastes and not everyone is the same nor is thier attraction to others.i also wish that when some women post these things they wouldn't make very man sound like satan. it would be refreshing to see the term"some men" rather then men..which includes all men..thank you
 spydderweb
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/29/2007 2:42:57 PM
Good post makes a lot of sence..
 nateofspades
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/29/2007 2:50:53 PM
I just typed something, but deleted it because I don't want to hurt the big girls' feelings.

Come on...be realistic. People like different things in people. Not ALL guys like Paris Hilton types. I actually believe she is gross. Don't get me wrong...I'd date her if she bought me stuff, but I don't know that I'd have sex with her.

Being "huge" and being "big" are two different things entirely. There is a happy medium, yet, you ladies who are complaining...are not at that happy medium. There are guys who do not believe the way someone cares for their own body is important, but there are others who do.

I am not in the most perfect shape, but come 'on. If I got to a point where so many are in America...I would stop eating, period.

Size sometimes is a sign of activity level as well. Some guys want someone they can be active with. Somehow, I don't find that Rosanne Barr or others are very active. My most humble opinion, of course.
 SouthernSpirit17
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/29/2007 3:00:33 PM
Hey y'all. Women are just as bad as men about judging the opposite sex on looks. But nobody seems to get their dander up about it till women complain about it. The younger the woman, the more she seems concerned about the looks of a man. The age facter is one point, but the other point is the increasing narcissism among Americans both male and female. Generally, the younger people are, the more selfish and "all about me" and "what I want" they are. I've noticed women love to complain about men. "It's all men's fault." "If it weren't for men....." Y'all know the gender rhetoric. But women cheat just as much as men nowadays! Women use men for money! Women sneak and scheme behind their man's back! Women even molest children and commit murder! The bottom line is that men and women are both human and both have the inate sin nature like or agree with it or not! Here's another point to ponder. Did any of you ever stop, step back, and attempt to view the big picture? I'm sure Adam and Eve weren't ugly, too fat, or too skinny by any definition of those words! They were perfect, but given the freedom of choice. They chose to disobey God and brought sin upon all creation namely us--humans! Naturally, as a result, genetic defects would slowly accumulate in the gene pool over time until today some 6 or 7,000 years later the human race has severely degenerated both mentally, physically, and genetically from our pre-flood ancestors and especially Adam and Eve. We have deformed, retarded, and less than par people of every degree in today's world. Some of us are blessed with good looks and brains but most of us are average if we're lucky. Then you have the severe offshoots that are way away from the middle or the common norm. Those are not only the disfigured, and the birth defected, but also those that look genetically deficient and are shaped very odd and inbred looking to varying degrees are signs of this genetic decay in the human race. We've all seen the women and men in the grocery stores or malls that whether they lose or gain or are skinny or fat, they have very asymmetrical faces, odd body shapes, and so on and so forth. We've seen the women (and men) with the huge guts that hang down to their knees while they hardly have a butt at all, spindly legs, fat back titties, and a bulldog head and face. We've all seen the short, dumpy-looking, squatty, inbred-looking people, too. This brings to mind certain illegal immigrants doesn't it? There is an inate (inborn) since of what's attractive and what's not. This fact is true whether one is Black, White, or Mixed, or what nationality one is. Beauty is not merely in the eye of the beholder. The further one is away from the mean or the common norm, the less people will find them attractive. Political correctness, tolerance and acceptence teachings, and tact can attempt to overshadow and bury these natural selective thoughts, but they are still there waiting to surface. The desire for someone good looking is perhaps the outward manifestation of the deep-seated real reason which is a healthy, genetically verile, vibrant, and healthy person to mate with to ensure the most healthy offspring! People today have turned a scientific simplicity into vanity and rudeness, but the principle is the same. So if you're gonna talk about men being rude by judging on looks then point a finger back at yourselves! We all do it. Those that claim they don't are in severe denial because they are convincing themselves to settle for someone because they themselves are too ugly or obese to get anybody but someone who looks like they do! This wasn't meant to be mean, but it's the truth. I know all you politically correct pantywaists out there will scoff, ridicule, and be horrified at this, but hey, I enjoy being a thorn in the side of that type. Much Abliged.

Billy
 SouthernSpirit17
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/30/2007 10:44:15 AM
America has the highest percentage of fat people in the world hands down, and it seems to be on the rise. People want to blame genes, medicines, stress, life, glands, and everything under the sun except for who's truly responsible for being fat. Go look in the mirror and you'll see who's responsible for your abnormal large size. People claim to have dieted this way and that way, and have tried this diet, that diet, exercised, and such but are still obese. The bottom line is, you still live in America, surrounded by typical modern American habits and lifestyles. If you really wanted to lose weight you would! I guarantee you if any fat person went on the show Survivor, they would lose weight. If they had to be active and sweat all day from sun-up to sun-down they would definately lose the weight! So all you large fatties out there that want to sue airlines for charging double seats, and want to sue fast-food restaurants for "making you fat," and want to cry and whine "discrimination" when society points and laughs at you or denies you a job, or whatever, can go cry a river because it's your own fault for being fat! If you don't want to be made fun of, LOSE WEIGHT! And for all you idiots out there that want to get lyposuction and gastric bypass, consider this. Did you get obese by having an operation? Certainly not! Then you don't need one to lose weight either. All you "magic pill" poppers out there are circumventing the truth of yourselves and that is, you need to CHANGE YOUR HABITS AND LIFESTYLE TOTALLY! As for these 7, 8, 900, and 1,000 pounders who are bed-ridden, they are at fault for getting to that point. Once they are immobile, it's their's plus the person's fault who continues to bring them tons of food to eat everyday that is at fault for continuing and exacerbating the problem! If the person "caring" for that bed-ridden individual really cared for them they wouldn't have let them get like that in the first place, let alone continue it! And these parents that stuff their kids and turn them into 200 pounders at 5 or 10 years old aughta be jailed and their kids taken away. There's no excuse for being fat, genes, predisposition, medication, thyroid, or whatever! Your body can't magically produce fat out of thin air! People are the only creature on Earth that within it's own species is so drastically different from individual to individual. (Note: Dogs and other selectively (in)bred animals for human use are excluded). Any other species in it's natural state and design do not vary in size, or shape to the degree that humans do. That's partly our design and individuality that I'm sure was preplanned by God, but our unhealthy and harmful habits have greatly intensified and exaggerated those differences to the Nth degree. Just remember, God didn't make fat people. People's eating habits and lack of physical activity made fat people. If you can change it with habits and lifestyle, don't give God the credit for making you fat! That's a cop-out! Just look at older movies. Movies made back in the 30s, 40s, and 50s hardly had that many fat people in them. Sure there were some, but compare crowd scenes then with crowd scenes now. People through the years and decades have gotten fatter! Now check this out. I'm a big Japanese Godzilla fan. Godzilla started in 1954 and went till 2004. You look at the Japanese people in those movies from the first series 1954 to 1975 and you hardly ever saw a really fat person. A couple were a little thicker or stockier I should say, but most were of a healthy, natural size. Then in the second series from 1984 to 1998, you may have saw slightly a few more but still mostly average. Then in the third series from 1999 to 2004, maybe a few more in the crowd scenes, but nothing like America. Yet Japanese have thyroids, genes, eating habits, medications, etc. Their very slow rise in obesity comes from their very slow rise in American fast-food! Why didn't Americans starting getting really fat until the later 1970s and forward? Didn't Americans prior to that time have genes, thyroids, medicines, and eating habits as well? Or are all these things new additions to the human equation? Obviously not! If this offends anybody, well maybe it should. It's not my inention to hurt nobody's feelings, though.
 hdd532000
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/30/2007 12:55:56 PM
The damn fool must be blind.
 ~Chewy
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2007 1:24:48 PM
Theres alot of rude people everywhere you look. Its better to find out who is this type so you can no longer feel a need to talk to them. But you cant classify ALL men because one guy or a couple implimented a rude comment. There are alot of great guys and gals out there. But i will agree with you, His comment was rude and uncalled for. But in his own little world he thinks it made him look good and feel better about himself.
 newlysingle50
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/31/2007 12:37:56 PM
to the op...how old was the person that told you that? i ask because your profile says you are 48 years old and you're searching for guys 29-52. (minus 19, plus 4.) people our age think you look pretty good, but to a 29 year old guy, you might look like his mother. i'm not trying to insult you, but look at the source. i can't imagine any man our age thinking anything negative about your shape. my 2 cents
 Meno001
Msg: 88
There are descent guys too.....the misguided ones will never be happy.
Posted: 3/31/2007 6:37:40 PM
I am embarrassed by the actions of our kind. Of course I seek the same thing; attention; however I try to have respect when approaching a delicate situation. I take things seriously but a lot of people really don't care about how disrespectful they can be.... I try to see the sunshine though the dark clouds and go for it, and life is to be lived.. (to be gotten).....
 sansand
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/31/2007 7:47:44 PM
This is actually true of both sexes. If we are totally honest with ourselves, most of us would admit that physical attraction is of course an important factor in finding a mate. It is only after that first attraction that we allow ourselves to communicate with anyone on a personal level. Has anyone really ever met someone who they found completely unattractive to them and totally pushed that aside to get to know the person? I am sure that I will get alot of negative comments however I feel that we should quit kidding ourselves here. I have met quite a few people who were average in looks who became exceptionally handsome after a few interesting conversations or well placed flirtations. Still say that there has to be the initial attraction.. To be in a long term committed relationship you have to be physically attracted as well as mentally. Can't really have one without the other.
 Ronjie
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/12/2007 10:04:40 PM
I've got to admit, she make some really valid points. I, for one, totally agree with her.

And to think, she's really attractive too!
 erisiantaoist
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2007 2:47:28 AM
Why are men so rude as to judge women by looks? Well, I'll let you judge by the "Latest Local Posts" section I found this thread in:

Latest Local Posts
LAKELAND SPRING FLING ... April 28th ... At Doc's Place
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks <-------------------------
Chest and Stomach on a Man! <-----------------------------------------
Common Courtesy
I'm open minded NOT!!!

In other words, perhaps it's because women are just as judgemental, but are often less up-front about it.
 pifkus
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/13/2007 4:59:54 AM
Wn the whole men are rude. At least that is what I have found.
I didn't include my photo for a reason. I wanted to see what men would say if I mailed them. You wouldn't believe the responses.

I am not a Barbie either. I am 5'4" 140 with green eyes and auburn hair. I am told I look like Susan Sarandon. Too bad I don't have the Hollywood fame she does. Anyway, I totally agree with you looks are only skin deep. I've met some nice people and will keep on looking for that special man. Perhaps make a friend or 2 as well.

By the way, I vote for mostly lies on your chart. Too bad because when you lie it always comes back to bite you in the butt.
 yankeedon
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2007 5:44:29 AM
After reading what u wrote, I felt like I had to apologise for some of the buttheads that are of my sex,I checked out your profile.your a good looking woman with all the curves in the right places,better yet it seems youve got a sensitive heart.don't let one idiot spoil that I think most men would be proud to have you by their side!
 SusieQ6563
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/13/2007 11:46:46 AM
I have read through this entire thread from last year till today and find it extremely diverse in specific ideas of what constitutes politeness and what doesn't. One thing that is universal however, is that we all know that alot of people are on these sites to simply hook up with the opposite sex for some uncommitted and uncomplicated fun.

And it is many of those people who are the rude ones, since we do not fit the mold of the perfect woman/man they have in their fanstasy of sex on the run. They really seem to believe that they have the permission to say anything simply because of the anonymity of the net. And no matter what we tell ourselves, their callous words hurt.

But for those of us who are really looking for someone to share our lives with, that type of mentality makes it difficult at times to feel like we can keep on trying. Sometimes they succeed in fooling us, but for the most part, we can shuffle through the dross to reach the gold.

On a positive note, I have enjoyed the site POF, more than any other dating site, not because it's free, though thats a good part of it. After all, we don't necessarily want to pay for our humiliation...lol But seriously, the reason I have enjoyed it so much, is the caliber of people who seem to have found this site as well.

I have never attended any gatherings set up by any of the personal sites I have previously belonged to. But I like this site enough that I am prepared to jump in the deep end as it were and try one. Hopefully I will find friends of both sexes as well as some interest.

In the meantime, hold your heads up people, for we all deserve love......it's up to us how much we really allow the negatives to outweigh the positives.
 sunset_romance
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2007 12:05:39 PM
Hi , Kat...At first I was upset by this but you want to know your right BUT! it happens on both sides of the street women are just as guilty of this as men are I'm new on here and have had some people look at my profile and I've messaged some of them just to say thanks for looking and maybe we can talk some time and usally leave a nice coment about there profile.............hmmmmm guess whatmost don't even take the time to say thanks for the nice coment........never had a rude one yet but like I said I'm new on here I'm sure they'll come .......but you know what those that are rude.....most don't have room to talk have yet to meet j.lo here or barbie but then again not looking for either one of them in my life ....just looking to be happy , hope you don't let them bother you and find that right guy for you and by the way checked your profile your down to earth stay that way and don't let nit wits worry you
 lrh2626
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/13/2007 12:41:28 PM
You're photos are actually quite good.

Some guys just don't get it, they're mad at the world and think the world owes them a living.

We're not attractive to everyone we are attracted to and if I'm not attracted to someone, I always say "I just met someone and wish to see where it goes". Yes it's a little white lie (and that;s the only lie I tell) but I'd rather not hurt anyones feelings.

I've gotten similar responses so it is not always the guys that say things, it goes both ways.

Good luck in your search and please be careful as there are a lot of crazies out there.

Larry
 ecg159
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/13/2007 1:06:46 PM
Honestly Sassy, "Well I think you're an attractive woman specially for your age". If that's not rude, then what is?
 SusieQ6563
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/13/2007 1:30:59 PM
I think that some people really don't realize how others might take what they say. Some on here are certainly not trying to be rude but since they are not having a dynamic conversation with someone (that is, the expressions and body language cannot be seen) words come across really differently than the speaker sometimes mean them to.

Being online for a good while, and interacting with quite a few people from all walks of life, I can usually read between the lines to get at the real meaning, but overall, that is the strongest and longest lasting complaint I can give. People should say what they mean, always trying to be polite; courteous...but then mean what they say.....
 Ronjie
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/14/2007 8:18:02 AM

well there is a flip side to every coin.

As I agree with this thread whole heartedly...I personally think it is rude to not even reply.

I send messages to some ladies...only to see them read and deleted...not even a reply saying no thanks or the like...

It will be like beating a dead horse...simply put....answer all your mails be they a "no thank you" or "Your not a good match" or even "thanks for the email, but I don't think we are compatible"

but at least answer them. I answer every email sent my way, I chat nicely, I like to be friends with all my emails, and I think thats what this site was made for...friendships (weather they turn serious or not)

I almost agree with this, but still differ.... Personally As the host of this site has posted in quite a few places... there are some beautiful people here that get so much email that they can't answer all of them...

So.

I have no issues with a deleted.... or even a read deleted.... what get's ME is those that you can tell that they read your message... but don't respond.

IF YOU READ IT AND DON'T LIKE IT, PLEASE DELETE IT. DON'T TRY TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD BY NOT DELETING IT IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RESPOND TO IT. AT LEAST I'LL KNOW, AND NOT BOTHER YOU.

Just leaving a message read doesn't tell me if it's ok to still talk to you or not. Then if I were to try to email you again you feel harrassed....

Just a thought.
 Ronjie
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/14/2007 8:22:48 AM

"Thanks for the message, yeah I think you are right, don't be so nice"

I disagree with not being so nice. Just because someone else is being rude shouldn't change who you are as a person. You are who you are for a reason and if being a nice person is part of who you are, then you shouldn't change; plus, you make the world a better place.

I know I sometimes struggle with this too but refuse to let someone with an ugly personality get me down or make me react the way they do. The more I see rude people, the more I love myself.

Good luck!

GREAT ANSWER!
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks