Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ronjie
Msg: 101
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looksPage 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Belly18 Dancer You are not a fat blonde whale. You are very beautiful. I find it interesting that a lot of the men on these sites want barbie and they are not much to look at themselves. There are more unattractive men on these sights than attractive ones. They need to get over themselves and take a long look in the mirror.

Dahlink, the gals aren't much better when they're 4'x" or... heaven forbid ... a BBW ....and looking for the guy that's 6'x" with the washboard abs... and probably nothing in the 6" between his ears except vacuum.

ya know.... some people that live in glass houses.... shouldn't throw stones....
 Pirate Guy
Msg: 102
view profile
History
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks
Posted: 4/14/2007 9:47:56 AM
*** NEWSFLASH! NEWSFLASH! NEWSFLASH! ***

Woman can ALSO be VERY mean, cruel and judgemental! GASP!
Yes there are two sides to every story, and I've been in both.
I've been blown off by many women because I'm not "American looking enough"
Whatever that's suppose to mean. Another newsflash ladies, the only TRUE
Americans are AMERICAN INDIANS!

First of all, let's face it, it is human to be attracted to somone we find attractive. Otherwise we probably wouldn't have noticed them in the first place. Now that will be different for everyone. My buddies LOVE Asian women, but since I am part Asian, I prefer good ol' American blondes.

However, once you get to know that person, then the dynamics change. I have met my share of hot, beautiful women who had the personality of a wet sponge. On the other hand, I have dated women who may not be hot models, still attractive, but what's inside of them makes them even more beautiful than any "hot babe".

So, basically, don't worry if that hot guy or hot girl passes you by. Chances are you wouldn't want anything to do with them anyway. Stay positive about yourself and focus on YOUR good attributes. That's what make YOU attractive to others.
Be good to yourself, and one day that special person will walk into your life.
 cute_and_smart_fl
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/14/2007 10:07:06 AM
I don’t feel comfortable to tell other that I am not interested because I don’t know them. The main reason is that they don’t have anything on their profiles. I am just too busy to dig out the info.

People may lie to you no matter where you meet them. Actions speak louder than words. Just let them prove themselves. Don’t jump into conclusion too soon.

People are nice in their own ways. They have the right to be whoever they want to be. I don’t take what they said personally since everything they said represents them, not me. Why should I assume the responsibility of their behaviors?
 SusieQ6563
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:24:58 PM
"So, basically, don't worry if that hot guy or hot girl passes you by. Chances are you wouldn't want anything to do with them anyway. Stay positive about yourself and focus on YOUR good attributes. That's what make YOU attractive to others.
Be good to yourself, and one day that special person will walk into your life."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really have to agree here.....
This is very well said and if everyone who reads this goes by it as much as possible, who knows how many new people they may meet.
Thank you for the positive thoughts and remember not to take all of this so personally.....
Suzanne
 confidentmom1963
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:27:57 PM
You are so right! Why is it nowadays men and let's face it women are just as guilty...are looking for the perfect outwards appearance in a mate? No one wants to get to know the true person. I am a confident woman who has alot to offer and yet when I speak to men on the phone, we seem to click then they stop calling or cancel our date using a lame excuse. I'm not looking for a one night stand. I just assume use a toy. They don't play with your emotions. We just have to go on living our lives to their fullest and one day Mr. or Ms. Right will just appear. Good luck to us all!
 Outlaw32583
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:33:44 PM
I have to say that I have met more rude women online than I have in some other venue. I messaged one lady telling her that she had some lovely pictures...she replied "of course someone like you would not understand such things" along with a montage of other insults and then said "women should not have to be treated this way."

The more I deal with online dating...the more I realize why some of these people are looking online...they'd get slapped or have a drink slung in their face for such an uncalled for attitude.

So, I guess it is on all sides....a sad testimony to how our culture is going down the tubes.
 GoodOne!
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/14/2007 7:16:16 PM
Well, it kind of works both ways, because women do the same thing to men, everybody has it wrong my dear, of course thats why we have a 60% divorce rate, because people are more superficial then ever and don't know jack about a relationship or how it works, only because everyone or most everyone likes to prejudge and only can see what they think they want, only to find out that luster goes dull very quickly, because they wanted what they saw not what they needed to know about that person, the inside, and everybody wonders what went wrong everytime, it's not rocket science, it's called a balance of a relationship as a whole, one good part can't support the rest, so want some good advise people , don't judge with your eyes, judge with your ears! Close your eyes and listen ,things are much clearer with everything!
 Ronjie
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/14/2007 8:33:09 PM
ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...........................

so let's stop griping in our beers and w(h)ines.... and let's just DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.....

I think we should all just say what regions we're from and someone from THIS LIST should get to know someone in their region from THIS LIST......

This way we can prove our points here....

Me? I'm in Daytona Beach, Fl.

Anyone?
 Nomad123
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/15/2007 3:37:01 AM

but don't be rude...because if you are ugly on the inside then there really is no hope for you

Way to go Dancer! You hit the nail on the head!

Maybe that guy that was so rude to KittyKat can 'live with himself', but I sure couldn't. After everything was said and done, I have to be proud of the way that I conduct myself. KittyKat... I know that is history, but here may be the icing on the cake - he has no 'pride' in being a 'gentleman'. Like John Wayne said in the movie 'McClintock!', "You have to be a 'man' first, before you can be a 'gentleman'.".
 KennyLDF
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/15/2007 5:40:34 AM
i think the problem is that everyone wants the so called model type person.u know what i mean,guys all want that jenny mccarthy type girl with the big boobs ect and all the women want the tom cruise lookin dude with abs like tony atlas.i hear it all the time girls cryin on here and ones i know personally sayin "dam i just want a nice guy blah blah blah" the problem is that they really dont want that like i said.i mean its sad to say but its the truth.everyone thats ever messaged me on here ive alwase wrote them back wether if i was attracted to them or not but i cant tell u how many times when u look in the sent messages log and see someone u sent something too,a read and delete or hell some are even to good to read it.its crap like that that just makes me mad learn to give people a chance cuz you never know what may happen.anyway thats my 2 cents and if anyone wants to send me a msg in the future,go ahead cuz im here to meet people wether it be friendships or hopefully even a relationship type of thing.anyway the weekend is not over yet,still time to party
 Pirate Guy
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:45:37 AM
Thank you for the props SusieQ, it's just something I have tried to live by.
Now, everyone, let's get out there and have fun!!!
 Ronjie
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/16/2007 1:18:53 PM

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...........................

so let's stop griping in our beers and w(h)ines.... and let's just DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.....

I think we should all just say what regions we're from and someone from THIS LIST should get to know someone in their region from THIS LIST......

This way we can prove our points here....

Me? I'm in Daytona Beach, Fl.

Anyone?

I still like my response better....

Pirate Guy
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2007 3:05:09 PM
It's not that easy Ron. There is a thing called chemistry that comes into play when you meet someone - can't just pick from a list and BAM! instant romance!

If people TRULY wanted to do something, they would be more realistic and stop looking for Barbie and Ken (My name is Ken btw! So here I am ladies! Heheheheheh) and stop being so rude when someone says hello. I think way too many people carry baggage and use it against those they never even met before.

My 2 cents
 newlysingle50
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/16/2007 7:33:30 PM
if you look at what alot of women write in their profiles, you start to understand why they are single in the first place. i see alot of "i won't settle". a good start don't you think? i always thought "settle" and "compromise" were usually interchangeable. without compromise, you can't exist in a relationship unless you are a slave owner. last time i checked, that was illegal. not being able to compromise means you are selfish. selfish people by definition are people who care mostly for themselves regardless of what other people think. rude is a good definition of a person that doesn't care what they say to other people. curiously similar don't you think? i got some serious crap because i put in my profile that i prefered my potential mate make a good living, not have any kids to raise and not be a bbw. i'm such an uncompromising pr_ck! you ladies should read what your fellow women are putting in their profiles: must be this, must be that, must be this etc,etc,etc. PLUS must not, must not, must not, must not, etc,etc. no wonder you are single! to the op: you are 48 years old and are looking for whatever.....29 to 52 years old. i'm 48 and my kid is 29 years old. i suspect that the only 29 year old women that would find me attractive would be staring at my wallet. perhaps the same is true of 29 year old men looking at you. i suggest that everybody "lower the bar" just a little and maybe, just maybe there is someone close by that could make you happy..... given the chance. what have you got to lose, besides loneliness?
 cause I am me
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/16/2007 8:10:04 PM
MEN on here do not respond to me eithier... I must look like an ogar? eh
 Ronjie
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/16/2007 8:11:40 PM

It's not that easy Ron. There is a thing called chemistry that comes into play when you meet someone - can't just pick from a list and BAM! instant romance!

I knew that :) I was just hoping............

If people TRULY wanted to do something, they would be more realistic and stop looking for Barbie and Ken (My name is Ken btw! So here I am ladies! Heheheheheh) and stop being so rude when someone says hello. I think way too many people carry baggage and use it against those they never even met before.

True dat.......

My 2 cents

Great Investment! It think it's worth 4 cents now!
 Dakotafl777
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/19/2007 12:27:38 AM
hello, it is very sad that a man would be so shallow as to answer you in the manner that he did. I have come to the conclusion that alot of the men on this site are using it as a easy quick, free pick up one night roll in the hay meeting. Yes some are deceptive, I met one person from this site, when he was constasntly staring at my chest, almost drooling I asked him about it, he became embarrassed, believe me after brief conversation he was not what he depicted himself to be at all. I get a good laugh from the way some of the men on here pose, talk about sex, I pass them by.

One does never know what is around the next corner, at least you posted your picture, being married to a NYC Detective for 21 years, I am not leaving myself open for some of the people on here to view. Good Luck
 wackyjacK45
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:55:59 AM
i believe that men and women have both have a image in there heads of what thhey would like in a partner and we cant look beyond that, until we come out of our dream world we wont have peace with ourselves. if you say somthing in your bio say the truth because if you lie it will comeback to bite you in your butt.and sometimes you find by talking to the person you find you are more alike then you wish to admit . SO MEN ARE NO DIFFERNT THEN WOMEN as they both can be very rude .
 Pirate Guy
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 6:21:48 PM
Exactly Sansand! Thank you! Yes the bias swings both ways, but let's not kid ourselves here and be realistic. Most o fthe time it is that PHYSICAL attraction that draws us to someone. Period.
Who here has looked across the room, saw a total stranger weighing 400 lbs and said out loud "MY GOD WHAT AN INCREDIBLE PERONALITY!!!"
Your Honor, I rest my case.
 newlysingle50
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/21/2007 4:30:11 PM
last time i post on this thread. (the crowd goes wild!) if you want to see who is more superficial, men or women..........read all the profiles. how many women's profile says "no picture, no response" or something like that. ......now, how many men's profiles say "no picture, no response" that is.......... point,set, match. the evidence speaks for itself.
 Ronjie
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/21/2007 11:37:08 PM
so many "lawyers" on this thing.... (whew!)

"your honor, I rest my case" .... "the evidence speaks for itself" .....

This is all too technical for me....
 Pirate Guy
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2007 3:03:28 PM
Well I have had better luck in Court than in the love and relationship game! And that is exactly how many people treat it - as a game. That is the first of many problems/issues people need to get over. It's not "Oh I'll get you before you get me" or " I dont know you, but I know I'm better than you" or my favorite one 'Oh I am better looking tahn you so I dont want to be seen talking to a troll like you" That is all crap.

The problem is people fear change and or things they do not know about. So instead of getting to know someone, they act like asses! I have met so many women that even though we never hit it off romatically, we still gained a friendship, and as most of you know, most friendships outlast most dating relationships!

So quit being so close minded people! Can't we all just get along?
 Ronjie
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/24/2007 7:54:14 AM
Yep... we're all getting along to the party at Toucan Willies this 4/28!!!

triathletegirl
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/24/2007 6:42:24 PM
There was an interesting study published by Helen Fisher, PhD, who studied hundreds of couples in love over many years. In one that she mentioned to a group of peers during a conference, she described the parts of the brain that are affected when in love. They are different for a man versus a woman.

The part of the man's brain that is stimulated in romantic love is his visual center. A man loves with his eyes. I don't think this means that a person needs to be movie star beautiful - because look at the luck of Anna Nicole Smith. Rather, I think that each man has his own personal taste for what he likes. When you look at couples, they often look similar and often times a man will pick someone based on his own taste - this is nothing personal.

The interesting part is that the part of a woman's brain that loves, according to Dr. Fisher, is the memory center. We remember everything he said and did - and that is what enables us to love and be in love. I am sure that most men will agree with this - "she remembers EVERYTHING - every little detail."

I hope I am explaining it right - you can read more of her stuff at helenfisher.com

I find that not everyone is going to be attracted to me or you or whoever. You just have to have patience and faith - represent yourself accurately with pictures. Do all you can to improve your appearance because it is important. And then wait for the right one who is into you.

With regards to sex, it is well known that men have a physical need for sex. And it is quite easy to tell if a man has a sexual interest or romantic interest. I think that is why God gave us a delete key! I know I am not into the dodos who like to put up pix of them in bed, in a jacuzzi or in their underpants.

It is a shame that you had to have such a bad experience. I agree that he didn't need to be so rude. I hope my post helps. I have spent quite a bit of time as a community leader for one of the major relationship boards.
 Ronjie
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/25/2007 10:34:31 PM
... and she did so well with that... that she's already no longer a member..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks