Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 n8ive_mandy
Msg: 76
Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I believe.

I can see things that are unexplainable. Once, I saw a little girl who said that she drowned while fishing with her dad. I asked her name and she said it was Amber. I checked the library for headlines and found ine titled "Goobye Amber" I read and looked at the pics, and found it to be what happeded to the same little girl that I saw a few days before. Spirits sometimes dont know when you've had enough of them, I've told them to "leave me alone" quite a few times now, and they have. Of course I've had to say it aloud and looked crazy but since my family sees stuff all the time it wasnt so bad.
 LonelyInCambridge
Msg: 77
Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:00:48 AM
Yes i believe in spirits..I have had my grandparents pass away in 6 months of eachother and i was really close to them.My parents moved me and 4 siblings out to Cambridge 5 years ago so we could help them and be close to them.Anyways my nana believed in spirits and all that stuff.i would be sitting in her house and we could hear footsteps upstairs and sometimes her bedroom door would shut and lock by itself.I wasnt scared and still aint.I believe she sometimes visits me when i need her and i talk to her all the time as she is here with me.Now this is hard to explain but she has her way of telling me she is here.I have closet doors that make a creaky sound and have never done that ever before and i would have noticed before.Another weird thing is she left us her dog and the dog will not sleep anywhere but in my closet or my parents.Just after she passed away i went to see John Edwards in Toronto and he turned out to be a fake.I have all of sylvia Browns books and watch her everytime she is on Montel..Im waiting for her to come back to Toronto again.Other ppl in my family have said weird things happen to them since she has passed away.
anyways just wanted to share!
Bobbi
 JesterDP
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:05:31 AM
Hmmmm....sure the more spirits I drink....the more ghosts appear...
 thundersong
Msg: 79
Something to Consider
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:05:51 AM
Did you know that there was such a day when you would leave your home unclocked even if you were away for hours, or days? You would leave tea and scone and maybe some butter and jam on your table, and visitors who came while you were away would let themselves in, have a snack, tidy up after themselves, and move along on their visiting way. If you didn't want anyone to come into your home, you would put your broomstick across the doorway, and that was as powerful as any lock, because the people had respect, and we *cared* for one another. I'm not talking a hundred years ago, "Sometime around the end of the fifties and alot in the sixties is when that changed," said my second cousin, who is only 55.

It's not like that any more. In the community where I lived, I left my home overnight, and my partners own cousin and his friends broke in and stole some of our electronics... The quip now is, "Trust in the Creator, but lock your car doors."

That being said... we have made ourselves sick with greed and jealousy and materialism, and many dishonours perpetrated against one another are born of these illnesses. When you go across to the spirit world, you are left not with X-Boxes and I-Pods and tvs and Dolce and Gabanna sunglasses and bags; you are left with the resounding spiritual (energetic) consequenses of all that you have done, said and thought, and all that has been done, said and thought to/towards you.

Maybe this is why so many spirits are near us; because we are so sick, and negativity is growing at such an exponential rate, that we are in desperate need of help. Maybe spirits caught between this world and that are multiplying because they were born and raised in this time of sickness and don't know how to reach for those things that are real: love, peace, respect, responsibility, forgiveness...

Feed the wayward souls ~ feed your Ancestors. Out of kindness and compassion, make a plate for these ones, and explain to them what you are doing for them... that it is for their spirit, so that they can be healthy and strong and filled with love and peace, and so that they can find their way to where they are meant to be and needed. You can try a general "that which should be here stays here, that which should not be here, leave" for good measure. Say this all aloud. Bring that plate outside your home and place it on the ground, and when you leave that there, don't look back. Go about your business, and devote your energies to your good life and well-being, and that/those of your family, community and nation.

If you're thinking this practice is just for Red people, then do your research. Each and every colour of man has had his feasts for those that have crossed over. The Druids held feasts, theres All Saints, so that's the White folks, The Black people have numerous feasts in their traditions, and the Yellow have (don't remember the name of those "holidays") theirs, in which they offer not only food, but *money* as well! Can you imagine sending *your* money (and all that energy associated with it) across to the Spirit world?

Consider caring for your dead. It goes far beyond the four days it takes to get them in the ground and the gnawing loss in the pit of your stomach for the following (however long) ~ it is to continue to honour and provide for them.

Just something to consider,
~Thunder
 dr_who
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/16/2006 3:50:35 PM
Yes. Trying not to remember those experiences.
 Miss`Alanius
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:43:19 PM
I am a believer. We used to live in a townhouse where the laundry room was in the basement. Sometimes when in there, the lights would start flickering -- at times really slowly and other times really fast, almost like a strobe light. Faulty electrical work? Maybe, but the flickering was always accompanied by the overwhelming smell of lilacs. I never had anything lilac smelling in the house because it’s not a scent I like. I named our visitor “Blinky” and would talk to her whenever I was doing the laundry and she was around. It was either that or freak out and never have clean clothes.
 storm38
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:53:43 PM
lve seen a few ghosts ,,,
after having quite a few spirits
 oldepharte
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/17/2006 10:19:24 PM
hello Miss Alanius, I've enjoyed your post on ghosts and spirits, as well as the many other posts here.
Although I've never experienced a ghost first-hand, I have been in "haunted" places..just wasn't lucky enough to witness a sighting while I was on location.
Perhaps it takes a special "something" to communicate with spirits but I do feel it is possible. I just hope I get to experience it someday.
Thanks again for sharing your views, Miss Alanius, on this very interesting topic.
Take care, an olde guy. ;-)
 Funtastic!
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/26/2006 2:17:54 PM
Well I am a psychic medium so of coarse I do! I can do a house assessment for you if your interested in knowing who/what is lurking about there.
 Funtastic!
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/26/2006 2:20:45 PM
Sounds like you need to do a house cleansing ( I can do this) also they won't harm you, but if it's bothering you just tell them to go into the light or home! Remember your in control at all time's!
 jiminthebeach
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/27/2006 2:43:34 AM
I don't believe death is an ending. In fact, I prefer to use the term "transitioned" over "dead". This mortal vehicle we inhabit is just that, a mortal vehicle. When out time has come to go, we continue to exist, just differently. From time to time, that veil between the two forms of existance gets a little thin and if we pay attention, can experience those in another form of existance.

IMHO.
 Precious Gem 2
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/27/2006 7:40:45 PM
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."...to quote The Bard...yes...I most definitely believe...had some strange experiences myself living in a haunted house in London, On...house had to eventually be torn down as no one could live in there for more than a month...pretty freaky stuff...

7 yrs. ago my brother-in-law died...my neice was very close to her dad and took his death very hard...he was a very good-looking man (looked like Tom Selleck) and also very playful...he had a few favourite tricks he liked to pull on us...last year my neice's mother-in-law got tickets for both of them to go see Sylvia Browne...the show was on a Tuesday...the Friday before my neice was driving to work and she stopped at a red light...while waiting she felt someone grab her knee and squeeze (one of her dad's tricks)...she was alone in the car...and, as our whole family "believes", she said "Hi dad..is that you?"....the night of the show everyone was given numbered slips as they handed their tickets in at the door.These numbered slips were for a reading "draw" at the end of the show...she was going to pick 30 numbers out of an audience of over 1000 and do a reading on stage for them...my neice felt confident that she would be one of the "chosen"...at no. 29 she was beginning to doubt but at No. 30 Sylvia called her number...she was very nervous walking up on stage...she said her legs felt like jelly...Sylvia came toward her and held both her hands around my neice's hand and drew her further onto the stage..she smiled at my neice and said, "Welcome Tara, we've been waiting for you."...my neice was shocked and asked,"How did you know my name?"..Sylvia smiled at her then nodded her head to point behind Tara and said, "He told me...that good-looking man behind you"...Tara looked behind her but there was no one there...Sylvia then told her, "He says he's your father"...she then went on to describe the man (she described him perfectly) and to relate things about my brother-in-law and the family that she could not have possibly known...and relayed messages from him for my neice, my sister, the other 2 children in the family and for me (we were very close)...there was nothing with my neice's name on it to draw from...the tickets were in her m-in-law's name...you often hear of things like this...this happened to so-and-so...and you want to believe but you're always a bit skeptical...this happened in my own family...with people I trust completely...so I KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my brother-in-law was there that night and that Sylvia Browne was in contact with him and spoke to him...there is no other explanation

What we must remember is that we are all energy...and we know from science that energy cannot be destroyed...it can only be changed...when we die...only our mortal coil dies...our spirits...our energy...the who we really are...cannot die..it only changes...it does not need a physical "body" to exist...I believe we are all a part of a great universal energy...so, although our mortal bodies may die...we can never die...we are truly immortal spiritually...
 just_james
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/27/2006 8:33:16 PM
To all of you who have seen ghosts wearing clothes, did you not wonder why their clothes had died with them, lol?

My favourite quote from this thread:

Be careful when you are sleeping

Ahhhh!!! I don't know how!!!
 matt46107
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/13/2006 5:23:23 PM
Yup! I've never seen one...but I've been touched by one. I'm a believer.
 peabody101
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/13/2006 5:35:16 PM
When I was abotu 10-12 years old the house we lived in, I seen something that spooked me pretty good, was about my bedtime so i came down to teh main floor and I usually cut thru the kitchen. I flicked on the light as I started thru and it was weird as the light kinda seemed to light up one side faster than the other side of the room.. halfway thru i paused and looked to my right.. Over that side was another opendoorway leading to a landing and to the basement, there was a dark shadow within the shadow that looked like a big rat only standing on it's hind feet, the body was darker than the shadows around it which was really freaky and it kinda sat there facing the stairs down and all of a sudden... It turned it's head looked right at me and it's eyte's were real red and winked.. Kind of letting me know it knew i saw it and it could see me staring, than it turned back and moved down the stairs... That was it , i told my mom and her boyfriend at the time the ywent and searched but found nothing.. That was the weirdest memory i have as a kid. I would say yes.
 Bornnsyn
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/13/2006 7:46:29 PM
I have always believed in ghost, esp etc......, I once got a phone call from someone who died. I remember watching the news finding out this guy I use to know was killed by a drunk driver, I immediately felt bad cause he was a really nice guy, the very next day I got a phone call it was a very weird ring... I answer the phone and the person on the other line says "Hello Pumpkin," before I could respond to say wrong number he says it again and then hangs up , took me a day to realize that was the nickname the guy who died called me.
 shiloh44
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/13/2006 7:59:35 PM
Ipersonally do not believe in ghosts and spirits,but i do believe there is an outter limit and intuition,i believe the eyes can see further ahead if they believe ,my eyes are always travelling and thinking,so sometimes i can see things that will happen its not esp or anything like that its just intuition seeing is believeing,ghosts and spirits are only figmants of the imagination they are not real,nor do they existwhen one passes so does their soul person,those whom believe in thses phenomenons are most welcomed to do so and if there was such thing as ghosts and spirits they are not meant to haunt you nor get revenge if anything they are loving and unrested but not in anyways hurtful, angels dont hurt people hurt
 Roadkillsangel
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/20/2006 11:43:02 PM
I believe in them, I like reading the stories about what's happened to our's.
 DamnProud2BCanehdian
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/21/2006 1:10:42 AM
I absolutely believe in spirits - I saw my grandfather standing at the edge of my hospital bed after I survived a near death experience almost a decade ago...When I awoke from my coma, I asked the nurses where my grandfather was - they just assumed I was hallucinating...I remember he was standing by my feet saying "Don't worry DamnProud2BCanehdian ~ he used my real name of course :) its going to be ok...you need to pull through...I'm here for you...I'll always be here for you...forever..."

And I did...My papa is my guardian angel - I believe in those too...
 msblueroses
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/21/2006 5:49:48 AM
Yes, I believe. I've had WAY too many experiences not to.....including one just a couple of weeks ago that really freaked me out. I mean, if you're going to wake up to a man standing beside your bed, it would be nice to know who the heck he is.
 SHY_GAL40
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/21/2006 7:21:02 AM
I do believe in ghosts and spirits. My momma passed away 1 month before my son was born.
2 wks after he was born, my momma came to see him I could smell her perfum like she had just sprayed it and her picture fell it lasted about 10 min and then it faded over time but it was awesome to know that she could see him. cried like a baby but hey hormones right lol
so if I feel lonely I talk to her it always makes me feel better. nobody is every really alone someone u love is just a thought away.
 womanandmom
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/21/2006 8:41:56 AM
Absolutely a believer. My dad's mom, my Nan, passed away this past spring, and her last words to my mom were: "Your mom's picture is on the top shelf" . This made little sense to my mom at the time, but when they returned home, she immediately noticed that her mom's special jug, PITCHER, was on the top shelf of her cabinet! My parents' mothers didn't visit with each other often, but got along great. I guess my grandma's spirit was in touch with my nan, just before her passing.

There have been many times that I have sensed the presence of those who have gone before. It's very comforting!
 prof_chaos
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/21/2006 8:51:50 AM
Nope I dont believe in them,I have known people lots of them who claim to have seen this or that and the other thing but I just cant buy into it.
Id love to stay in a place people have called "haunted",see or not see for myself.
Why would only certain people be visited by ghosts?Are they special in some way,or do I and others have some sort of ghost repellant scent lmao.

If I see one and know Im not dreaming or halucinating then maybe Id beleive it,until then its as real to me as heaven and hell,God and Devil and all that jazz.
 Open_Book
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/21/2006 11:05:34 AM
Aye maties.....I remember the time when I was cap'n o' the Drunken Barmaid. I took 'er out one stormy night. The wind was blowing and the rain was beatin down upon us. She was buckin and thrashin under me. I could barely keep control. I had to lash 'er down to keeps 'er on course. And, there, before us...... oh wait, this ain't a ghost story.

^^^ I agree with the prof.

Peace
 Vamp Vixen
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/21/2006 12:52:13 PM
Are u kidding? Of course I do...dont you guys watch horror movies? Who always ends up getting it in the end in the slowest, bloodiest most horrifying way......the ones that ALL thru the movie kept dissing the spirits.....so yes...they are there, they are real and I will most certainly share my space with them! Welcome!!!!

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........