Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jetplague
Msg: 101
Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
If they don't believe in me, I don't believe in them. I'd be a waste of their haunting...they'd know my life and find mine just as horrifying.
 Roadkillsangel
Msg: 102
Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........
Posted: 9/22/2006 11:00:06 AM
typo should have read other's not our's lol
 Helios813
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/22/2006 1:04:00 PM
I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever.
 Misssy222
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/3/2006 12:14:05 AM
My mom told me that befor my dad and her were married he was staying over in some hotel building and he said he was woken up by a female ghost or entity rubbing his chest and it freaked him out. He said that it followed him too and would happen every so often through out his life. My mom said he was crazy but I believe it.
 sweetsuzie
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/5/2006 9:11:16 AM
i totally believe in it,,,i have a ghost in my apartment...sometimes my cieling fan will go off on its own..and i will tell the ghost to stop turning it,,and believe me,,it stops,,,

another time i was lying on my couch and i had said to one of my girlfriends,,,omg,,i better go blow out the candles...so she said (laughin at it)why dont you tell your ghost to do it..

so i did,,,the candle went out...

i also work in a nursing home..residents do pass away...we had 3 residents pass away that were in the same room,,(one after another),,when the fourth residents moved into that room...she one nite(when i was working)was talking to the ones that have recently passed away..she even name all them,,and she had no clue who was in this room b4 her.

sometimes at work i see things go by me and i feel them too...

they dont bother me,,i dont bother them...

believe it or not
 Tigerman34
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/5/2006 11:08:00 AM
Re:For those out there that are skeptical, here's a good read : Phenomenon by Sylvia Browne, she is a renowned psychic and spiritual teacher, don't knock her, give her a try.

She was even called up here to Toronto years ago to help our Police with a missing girl, she led police to the scene, she seen the girl in her mind, and spoke to her. The police could not believe where Sylvia took them to, it was out of the way, but she found her body.

***Check out Montel William's show each Wednesday for Sylvia Browne.
 Interdimensional
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/5/2006 1:18:43 PM
Anything is possible for we live in a mind based reality.
 Girly Woman
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/5/2006 2:13:00 PM
Ok I been thinking, post or don't post on this one, if someone told me the story I would say "ya right bullsh!t" fact of the matter is I was there... the short version, here is goes...

I bought a Quija board for a halloween dinner party for friends, bought it at toys'r us and thought it would be a cool seasonal party game for a small dinner party. After the party I put the quija board in my closet where no one touched it for over a year.

Out of the blue one day my friend asks me if I still have the board and would I bring it over to another friends house. One of my friends was down cause she thought her boyfriend was cheating on her and we would have (still do have from time to time) what we called "waiting to exhale parties" it's a girl thing for us.

I go to the girls house, bring the game, we close the shades make it spooky, bring the candles out, and the two girls played away. I sat n the outside watching. After she was done with asking about her boyfriend, she asked about her dad.

I watched as this board spelt dead backwards to describe her dad, told her his death was due to a heart "ache" and that her children (who were there visiting would see their grandfather die) when she asked the board when this would happen the pointer did a spin and shot down to the numbers 4 and 8. She asked 48 years, months, weeks, days... all to which this pointer would alternate from yes to no. We laughed at it and went on with our evening.

When I was leaving she asked that I leave the board there cause she thought it was cool and would have another friend come over the next day to play with her... so I said ok. Didn't talk to either of the girls the next day. The following day my friend calls me up again and says lets go over to her house... waiting to exhale party... so we go.

Here's the creepy part. About 10 minutes after we got there, we were all standing in the same room we had played in and the phone rings. Her stepmom is on the phone bawling that her Dad just passed away at the dinner table in front of the kids of a heart attack... 48 HOURS LATER almost to the minute!!!

That make a believer of spirits outta me, everytime I tell the story my hair stands on end even now as I'm typing.

I refuse to be in the same room as a Quija Board (I will go into Toys R Us) but generally go no where near the Quija boards. I will leave a room with a open Quija board (even a homemade one) That is one creepy board... Another thing I don't do... summon spirits!!! Ok I'm spooked now... getting to sleep tonight should be fun!!!
 kia_ora
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/5/2006 3:43:51 PM
Yes, I believe. Question: does anyone near Ottawa have a good psychic they would recommend?
 blueeyes67
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/5/2006 8:44:15 PM
I'd have to say no I don't believe in ghosts or spirtis. Haven't had an experience or seen anything to prove to me otherwise, and I've visited lots of haunted castles and churches while visiting England and Ireland.
 leroy123
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/5/2006 9:26:02 PM
My kids and I shot an interesting video last weekend. I'll upload it to a sharing site and post the link here so I can get your opinions.....

Cheers.
Leroy
 leroy123
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/10/2006 6:15:38 PM
http://www.vidiLife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=66CBFC3F-ECC7-4B65-97CF-1

You'll have to copy & paste it, I tried to make it a clickable link but that didn't work.
 Man.of.Adventure
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2006 12:14:30 PM
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - WS
 cooki77
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/20/2006 10:37:36 PM
Yes I believe

I ahve actually seen the ghost of my nanny at a very young age after she died. My dad asked me who I was talking to and I told him nanny. He told me that wasn't possible because she died. Then I asked him ( @ the time he was a presbyterian minister, now a catholic priest) "don't you believe in spirits?" and he answered yes. I then told him ": i know I saw nanny. She told me that she had to go away and not to be sad because where she was is a good place". THen she walked away into some bushes. Creepy but in a good sense nice at the same time.

Jennifer
 spunky4u
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2006 11:48:34 AM
Very interesting topic - I somewhat believe what jimatthebeach stated in his post. The one thing I don't understand is if we are in a "transition state" after we pass, how long before we adopt another physical body? I ask because people say they have seen or felt the presense of a loved one after they have passed (sometimes long after) which would mean our souls are just floating around aimlessly? I believe when we pass our souls are continue for many lifetimes - what would be the purpose of life to just live one lifetime - there are so many lessons to be learned and many lives to be lived with new experiences and each have to forgo all types of hurtles in each lifetime (and yes Karma's a **** LOL) - some good and some difficult. Once we have learned all our lessons -we live in infinity.

Another fascinating thing - de-ja-vous....I used to experience this quite a bit - I knew for a fact something I had just said (to someone) or something I have done had already been said or had taken place. I could even finish the sentence sometimes. This was the weirdest feeling - I think that we have already experienced what we are experiencing at this exact moment but are just catching up to it (something to do with time speed). Maybe there is a lapse in time and one becomes very intuned at the exact time this happens - I don't know but it's very strange.
 jodie1985
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/21/2006 8:44:38 PM
totally i have a dead sister and brother i never met long story they died at age 5 and 3 and one night before my cousin and i where going to ottawa the next morning had all my bags packed ready to leave the next morning when i had a dream it was my dead sister telling me not to go i woke up and was sooo god damn scared i didnt go i couldnt it was too wierd i begged my cousin not to go but she did she flipped her assunia 4 x down the 401 she got banged up pretty bad but lived my uncle took me to see her car after being at the hospital with my cousin and if i had of been in the car the passenger side of the roof would have caved into my head it just missed hers but 5 inches exactally how much taller then her i am....

another freaky but true story before my grandma passed away with cancer we kept seeing black dots dash by her bedside.. i told my mom i felt like my uncle bruce was there and my grandpa i could just feel their presence.. at her funeral i was talking to my cousin about it who reads alot on angels and she told me the blk dots are angel wings flying by ... another wierd thing no one can explain is my daugther i was 3 months preg when my nana died and went though the pregency from hell with her at 6 months they told me i needed to go off work because i was already dropped and ready to go into labour but i couldnt afford to so i kept working and stressing out (problems with my kids dad) big problems when my nana died i asked her to take care of us and look out for my little one and if she could plz ask higher powers to give me a healthy baby after all was said and done i got a healthy little girl my life changed for the better got away from her dad went back to college and sometimes when i look at my duaghter she gives me looks i know my nana is in her somewhere.. she just gets looks on her little face my nana used to make at me all the time and its wierd she never met her but she always tells me about mommys grandma i think they crossed paths along the way
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2006 9:46:25 PM
I certainly do and even more so after a friend or family member passes away. After my friend Marsha that a lot of people know here passed away on Monday I felt her presence as strong as i do in typing this post.

My belief is that whenever you think of that person, look at their picture or anything that reminds you of them their energy and prescence is very atrong. I feel that I have gotten reassurance from Marsha that she is ok and has gone into the light I know that she will always be here for me in good times and bad to guide me

The passing of my father was also hard to deal with and like Marsha i feel his prescence is still here 18 years after he passed on :)

I have been through a lot of health problems in my life and I think my dad and others Ive cared about that have passed on have been helping me get through it all from the other side!

Now I know that Marsha will be a guardian angel to me also :)

One radio program i would reccommend that talks about stuff like this and other stuff thats "out there" is called Coast to Coast AM. Its on till 5 am although I fall asleep at about 3 most nites lol. Itd on 640 am in Toronto.
 wishing I was fishing
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/25/2006 4:38:33 AM
Yes I have so many stories of weird things happenning to me.....some freaked me out completely.
 mirage9
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/25/2006 10:22:06 AM
yes I do....last night I had just crawled into bed and I felt something crawl across the bottom of the comforter...it made me bolt right up....
My cats were downstairs......scared the F&*( out of me I tell ya.....

My daughter says many times she has heard things and seen things in the house and I the forever protective parent tell her not to worry.............I shall heed more now.
 Myndenway
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/2/2006 8:21:49 PM
I believe in the concept of life after death, even perhaps in the concept of ghosts, spirits that interact with this world. However, I have had no experiences of this type in my life.

I lived in a very old house, about 150 years old, situated on an isolated hill, for many years. It was rumored by the old man that lived there before me to be haunted. I shared the house with him for several years until he died suddenly in the house from heart attack, at which point, I became the sole tenant.

I lived in that house alone for 5 years after that. In that entire time, I never heard, saw, or felt anything paranormal. Not one thing. And as an amateur writer, I do have an imagination. But even so, I experienced nothing out of the ordinary. Not one bump, one rattle, one squeak, or anything out of place by so much as one millimeter - 1,825 nights alone in that house and nothing to report.

Does this mean that haunted houses don't exist? Not necessarily. Absence of proof, is not proof of absence. But in my life, I have yet to experience anything of the sort. And if that house was not going to provide me with an experience, my brand new house certainly won't. Very disappointing.

equinox1962
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:03:05 PM
personally no i do not believe in them at all. my brother however had encounters with the spirit of one of our grandparents years ago and had a similiar thing happen recently when he saw our father in a vision.
 trevorwb32
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/9/2006 11:47:28 AM
I think we all want to belive in something. There are ussualy scientific explanations for most unexplained instances. For example every time i sit in front of my computer i hear foot steps.. For starters i have a hard would floors, the wether is changing and depending on how rapidly the hi and low pressures out side change depends on how loud the foot steps are..
Plus i have a coat that eats my car keys. It takes me hours to find them and in the end there in the same pocket i had already checked three times before. Wich i ad up to rushing to much..
I hope i'm right cause if there's a goast following me that might explain the floating feeling i get while i sleep or that falling falling falling feeling..
 Ms 2 Independent
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/9/2006 9:09:24 PM
Yes, I do. I have had experiences that have turned me into a believer.
 ruggedK
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/10/2006 7:44:56 PM
I do, once had a house that had some kind of odd happenings in it. Mostly small stuff but had one encounter that scared the bleep out of me one night. Now I believed before that night but that was the most encounters I ever had.
 sugarbandit
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/15/2006 12:36:39 AM
Sometimes in my sleep I wake up but Im still sleeping and I even know Im sleeping but aware of it and Im able to walk around in this different kind of reality and all of a sudden I am with someone who has passed over, its usually one of my pets that have passed over and there is a guide with me. When my****r spaniel passed it happened to me again and I was able to hold her and felt such joy and noticed she was thinner like she was in her younger years and I asked the guide why and I was told that they are given new bodies like we are. I feel this was give to me from above and know that one day I will see my beloved pets again. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........