Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spunky4u
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Very interesting topic - I somewhat believe what jimatthebeach stated in his post. The one thing I don't understand is if we are in a "transition state" after we pass, how long before we adopt another physical body? I ask because people say they have seen or felt the presense of a loved one after they have passed (sometimes long after) which would mean our souls are just floating around aimlessly? I believe when we pass our souls are continue for many lifetimes - what would be the purpose of life to just live one lifetime - there are so many lessons to be learned and many lives to be lived with new experiences and each have to forgo all types of hurtles in each lifetime (and yes Karma's a **** LOL) - some good and some difficult. Once we have learned all our lessons -we live in infinity.

Another fascinating thing - de-ja-vous....I used to experience this quite a bit - I knew for a fact something I had just said (to someone) or something I have done had already been said or had taken place. I could even finish the sentence sometimes. This was the weirdest feeling - I think that we have already experienced what we are experiencing at this exact moment but are just catching up to it (something to do with time speed). Maybe there is a lapse in time and one becomes very intuned at the exact time this happens - I don't know but it's very strange.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........
Posted: 10/21/2006 9:46:25 PM
I certainly do and even more so after a friend or family member passes away. After my friend Marsha that a lot of people know here passed away on Monday I felt her presence as strong as i do in typing this post.

My belief is that whenever you think of that person, look at their picture or anything that reminds you of them their energy and prescence is very atrong. I feel that I have gotten reassurance from Marsha that she is ok and has gone into the light I know that she will always be here for me in good times and bad to guide me

The passing of my father was also hard to deal with and like Marsha i feel his prescence is still here 18 years after he passed on :)

I have been through a lot of health problems in my life and I think my dad and others Ive cared about that have passed on have been helping me get through it all from the other side!

Now I know that Marsha will be a guardian angel to me also :)

One radio program i would reccommend that talks about stuff like this and other stuff thats "out there" is called Coast to Coast AM. Its on till 5 am although I fall asleep at about 3 most nites lol. Itd on 640 am in Toronto.
 wishing I was fishing
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/25/2006 4:38:33 AM
Yes I have so many stories of weird things happenning to me.....some freaked me out completely.
 Myndenway
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/2/2006 8:21:49 PM
I believe in the concept of life after death, even perhaps in the concept of ghosts, spirits that interact with this world. However, I have had no experiences of this type in my life.

I lived in a very old house, about 150 years old, situated on an isolated hill, for many years. It was rumored by the old man that lived there before me to be haunted. I shared the house with him for several years until he died suddenly in the house from heart attack, at which point, I became the sole tenant.

I lived in that house alone for 5 years after that. In that entire time, I never heard, saw, or felt anything paranormal. Not one thing. And as an amateur writer, I do have an imagination. But even so, I experienced nothing out of the ordinary. Not one bump, one rattle, one squeak, or anything out of place by so much as one millimeter - 1,825 nights alone in that house and nothing to report.

Does this mean that haunted houses don't exist? Not necessarily. Absence of proof, is not proof of absence. But in my life, I have yet to experience anything of the sort. And if that house was not going to provide me with an experience, my brand new house certainly won't. Very disappointing.

equinox1962
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:03:05 PM
personally no i do not believe in them at all. my brother however had encounters with the spirit of one of our grandparents years ago and had a similiar thing happen recently when he saw our father in a vision.
 trevorwb32
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/9/2006 11:47:28 AM
I think we all want to belive in something. There are ussualy scientific explanations for most unexplained instances. For example every time i sit in front of my computer i hear foot steps.. For starters i have a hard would floors, the wether is changing and depending on how rapidly the hi and low pressures out side change depends on how loud the foot steps are..
Plus i have a coat that eats my car keys. It takes me hours to find them and in the end there in the same pocket i had already checked three times before. Wich i ad up to rushing to much..
I hope i'm right cause if there's a goast following me that might explain the floating feeling i get while i sleep or that falling falling falling feeling..
 Ms 2 Independent
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/9/2006 9:09:24 PM
Yes, I do. I have had experiences that have turned me into a believer.
 sugarbandit
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/15/2006 12:36:39 AM
Sometimes in my sleep I wake up but Im still sleeping and I even know Im sleeping but aware of it and Im able to walk around in this different kind of reality and all of a sudden I am with someone who has passed over, its usually one of my pets that have passed over and there is a guide with me. When my****r spaniel passed it happened to me again and I was able to hold her and felt such joy and noticed she was thinner like she was in her younger years and I asked the guide why and I was told that they are given new bodies like we are. I feel this was give to me from above and know that one day I will see my beloved pets again. :)
 UntameableBadboy
Msg: 126
Posted: 12/16/2006 1:36:55 PM
Hah hah! Fun!

Sounds like fun!
 SMILES...FOREVER
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/26/2006 8:31:20 PM
Yes indeed. I talk to my grandparents all the time. It is all in what you believe and want to see or hear. Just like religion....it is all in your own personnal beliefs.
 whispertome
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/27/2006 8:04:04 PM
Always and forever.
 trippy_hare
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/8/2007 10:54:48 AM
Yes... and no.

I do believe that intangible entities exist, but I do not believe they are disembodied souls, or the mystical aspects of the environment. I do believe that every living thing has a spiritual side, and that some plants and creatures have the reincarnated soul of a former human being in them, but I do not think these souls ever just sorta "hang around" after passing. Just as how all living things are part of a closed system, and their bodies are decomposed and reintroduced into the system, souls and spirits are part of a similar closed system. Upon passing, they are reconstituted into new souls, or reincarnated into new bodies. Nothing ever gets created, nothing is ever destroyed.

EDIT: I realize I'm not in Ontario, so I apologize for intruding. It's just that a similar thread in the Religion board was locked for redundancy, so I searched for the topic and replied to the first one I saw. My mistake. >_<
 angelfire-75
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/8/2007 11:04:28 AM
Yes and the experiences have been too many to count.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 11:07:24 AM
Yup I do. I have Deja Vu moments all the time. I do believe in a lot of the spiritual and occultesque things that science cannot explain.
 one of eight
Msg: 132
Posted: 2/22/2007 9:40:29 PM
Yes I do believe,.... While living in Brossard .Just outside of Montreal. My parents house had a ghost.Luckly the ghost was a teaser type, no one was ever hurt thank the lord but the stuff that happened was just nuts at times.
Facets turning on by themselves, furniture being moved, the same light being turned off for a short period of time every night, the tv changing channels be itself( remoteless tv). having my grandmother commenting " he's friendly and wants to play" freaked my parents out. Needless to say we sold the house shortly after my sister and I seen him walking down the hallway.
 NoahCoast2Coast
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/22/2007 10:35:06 PM
Yes,

I think sometimes we see unexplainable phenomena cause by spirits trying to send us a message, I think we can tune in to ESP and picking up paranormal psychic metaphysical phenomena, reality is a matter of perspective, like the difference between feel depressed and happy, or like hearing that thinking voice inside your head, or even like falling asleep or lucid dreams. I think people who witness paranormal phenomenon are more susceptible to tuning in the wavelength...or they're just crazy or making it up, the truth is out there
 GhostGurl
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 4:35:14 AM
Hi my name is Gail, and yes I do believe in ghosts and spirits. I am a medium and live in whity. Did you know whitby is a very haunted little town. But what I am looking for is to get a group of people together to do paranormal investigations. Im also a psychic, but that is not really my fortay. Im more into hauntings, and people that would be interested on paranormal investigations. I have some awsome pic. of Haunted places, a few in Whiby, and also another on in Kincardine, I also do cleanings, (get rid of spirits that are not wanted) (Canada's Most haunted Inn). So to answer your question Yes I do believe, if you know of anyone or maybe yourself. It might be fun.
MY occupation is a Nurse at Ajax Pickering Hosp.
 Darkash
Msg: 136
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:33:10 AM
I think my bedroom is haunted ,i here women talking in it all the time but yet there is never any there .Oh crap that those pesky people in my head talking again .

I'm so happy, 'cause today
I've found my friends, they're in my head
I'm so ugly but that's okay
'cause so are you, we've broken our mirrors
Sunday morning is everyday
for all I care, and I'm not scared
Light my candles in a daze, 'cause I've found god

Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah

I'm so lonely but that's okay
I shaved my head, and I'm not sad
And just maybe I'm to blame
for all I've heard, but I'm not sure
I'm so excited, I can't wait
to meet you there, but I don't care
I'm so horny but that's okay,
My will is good

Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah

I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I kill you, I'm not gonna crack

I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends, They're in my head
I'm so ugly but that's okay
'cause so are you, we've broken our mirrors
Sunday morning is everyday
for all I care, and I'm not scared
Light my candles in a daze, 'cause I've found god

I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I kill you, I'm not gonna crack

ok.1
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:47:59 AM
Holly goosebumps....
Definatley a believer !

K
 prof_chaos
Msg: 138
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:50:18 AM

I think my bedroom is haunted ,i here women talking in it all the time but yet there is never any there

Brash turn your DVD player off your looping Jenna And The Milkman Part 6.

I wish I could say I believe in ghosts but I just dont,I would never be opposed to going somewhere supposedly "haunted" ,I keep an open mind on the subject sure but still dont believe.

I even had an experience at my grandmothers house,and this was when I was a kid so you cant blame the mushrooms .

I was in her bathroom,and coming up from the drain I could hear womans voices .
h
Everyone was at the table for sunday dinner and there was noone downstairs.That really freaked me out so I wentr to leave and couldnt for the life of me get the door unlocked,which I had done many many times and my uncle came to the door to help and it took a minute or so to get this thing unlocked,but finally did.

Did I think they were ghosts?No ,I thought of many other things that could have fooled my perception of what was really going on.Freaky but didnt sway my stance on the ghost issue.

To me I find the idea of alien life much more likely than ghosts.

And what gets a soul,just humans?Or do dogs cats birds worms fish etc etc have them as well,and where do they go when they die,a "special heaven or hell" for animals or is it one place where every soul of every being goes.??

OK well Im getting carried away ,enough of this.
 Interdimensional
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/23/2007 11:39:48 AM
Interdimensional consciousness overlap. Like where the ocean meets the land...the place where the sand in between is simultlaniously wet and dry.
 inwaiting4u
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 12:55:19 PM
Yes I do believe in sprits.... they are lost souls.... I had some things happen..... They are around you.... don't be scared...., they are trying to communicate ......
 GoldenApples
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 2:35:14 PM

And what gets a soul,just humans?Or do dogs cats birds worms fish etc etc have them as well,and where do they go when they die,a "special heaven or hell" for animals or is it one place where every soul of every being goes.??

I've been a bit of a ghost buster growing up, not wanting have anything around me that wasn't "normal". That perception changed once I had a spirit acutally save me from an accedant. So once I started developing a respectful relationship with spirits I started seeing others, like cats, dogs and the odd the bird. I think you just have to open yourself up to them and they will come, it's just a matter of you wanting it. There are a lot of spirits that wont show themselves to humans because they are afraid of scaring us. But as far as I know, they are here to tie up some loose ends until it's time to move on.
 justme4206
Msg: 142
Posted: 3/23/2007 3:11:29 PM
I have had some pretty strange things happen. I have had alot of materializations happen its been going on for over 2 years now. I go shopping for something decide not to buy it and i find it in the garbage. Not just one or two items i am talking its up to around a dozen items or more now. Just recently i started seeing numbers 11:11 i would wake up at this time alot 1:11 was another 2:22 yet another i was seeing them alot the one day i was at work i wrote a number down that i had to stop my press at (i am a press operator by trade) I was talking with a co-worker and forgot the number i wrote down the press stopped on its own at the number i wrote down. Then later that day the press tripped at 111,000 on the nose now i am running 10,000 sheets and hour the odds of this happening are huge especially when i am seeing 11:11 all the time so i got fed up and did a search online and this is what i came up with check it out if you wish.
http://www.crystalinks.com/11.11.html
http://www.1111spiritguardians.com/
The only reason i searched for this was because it was happening to me.
This earth and the universe is not what alot of people think there is much more too it than what meets the eye. Enjoy the links Ed
 blondenblue4
Msg: 143
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:41:29 PM
I was working in a hospital and as security had to patrol certain areas. The Hospital, which opened in the mid 1800's used houses originally then as offices, and one night (around 3 in the morning) I was checking a house that I have been in many times before at the same time. When just about finshed patrolling , I noticed a purple glow coming out of a doorway. I got a little scared cause I didnt see it going past it before and never saw this kind of light ever. I left too scared to check it out and didnt return til the sun came up. Never saw that glow again on any patrols.

Another time, I remember waking up one nightwhen I was about 14, My feet were cold and I sat up to cover them up again with the blanket, as I laid back down, my head hit the head board. I felt around for my pillow (on the floor on both sides but could not find it. I searched all ove the floor near my bed but still couldn't find it so I got up and turned on the light to locate my pillow. When I turned the light on, I found my pillow sitting ever so nicely on the corner of my dresser. I told my mother this and she said it was my grandmother playing tricks.

But the occurence that made me really believe was when I was in labour 8 years ago with my son and through the midst of pain (no drugs here) I felt a hand on my right shoudler. With the nurse and my sis (coach) on my left side and no one on the right, I knew who I was feeling, My father, who passed away 4 years before. I told my sis that dad was with us she responded she felt him too.

So I guess Yes I believe in ghosts and spirits. And hope only reliatives visit me in the future
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >