Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 26
view profile
History
but damnit i swear devils will sweep the rangers.Page 2 of 128    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Phillyboy, I think the Flyers just got lucky yesterday. Buffalo will come back and win the remaining games!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Hockey Playoff Predictions
Posted: 4/27/2006 1:50:45 AM
Okay, here's my predictions for Thursday.

Ottawa 10 Tampa 0 (this is a purely strategic move in order to jinx the Sens)!
Detroit 5 Edmonton 3
Calgary 4 Anaheim 2
Nashville 1 San Jose 5
 FISHGOLF
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/27/2006 8:47:32 AM
I saw this morning on espn that Dallas has brought back the Hansons.
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 2:00:47 AM
I am at my wit's end with Tortellini for brains, constantly putting that joke Grahame in net! 4 goals in 17 shots today and 5 goals in 20 shots last game! Obviously, he does not care to win. OK, I guess the Sens have got this one. *sigh* No way Tampa will take 3 games in a row! Pathetic! Thanks to everyone who actually had some faith in this team and picked them to win (which was everyone but me!). *sigh* On the other note, I think almost everyone called the Sharks/Preds game!

Riot: This is a surprise! I called 3 games (only because of my "joke" guess for Ottawa kicking on the Lightning!). Almost got the score for the Det/Edm game. 3 points

Brian: Correctly got the Det/Edm game (and almost got the scores right) and correctly got the Ana/Cal game, correct score and called OT! Way to go! 2 points+ 5 points (for correct score) + 1 point (for correctly calling OT) = 8 points

Q: Got the Ana/Cal and SJ/Nash games = 2 points

Chief: Got the Det/Edm and Ana/Cal games = 2 points

Smack: Got the SJ/Nash game = 1 point

Phillyboy: Got the SJ/Nash game = 1 point

lady_bugg: Guess the Oil took the night off!

So the standings:

Q: 19 points
Brian: 10 points
Chief: 7 points
Riot: 6 points
Smilnlady: 1 point
Smack: 1 point
Phillyboy: 1 point

Lots of action still to be had! See you tomorrow!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 2:10:39 AM
And for the next batch:

Carolina 4 Montreal 5 (OT)
Buffalo 7 Philly 2
Dallas 4 Colorado 5 (OT)
NJ 5 NYR 2 (and see ya!)
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2006 3:01:35 AM
Thanks Chief for pointing out the schedule changes. Don't worry if you've made your predictions already for the NJ/NYR game. They've been noted. However, it's not too late to add your 2 cents if you haven't already.

Chief: You should've bought a Pro Line ticket! 3 out of 3! Woo Hoo! Scores were close too! 3 points

Phillyboy: You too should've bought a Pro Line ticket! NJ/NYR game pending, 3 games right as well! 3 points

Smack: Another Pro Line winner had you bought a ticket (NJ/NYR game pending)! 3 games right! 3 points

Mattboy: 1 game correct (Carolina/Montreal) and correct scores too! NJ/NYR pending. 1 point + 5 points = 6 points

Brian: Dallas/Colorado game correct! NJ/NYR pending. 1 point

Q: Buffalo/Philly game correct! NJ/NYR pending. 1 point

Riot: Slaughtered! None correct. NJ/NYR game pending.

So here's where we're at:

Q: 20 points
Brian: 11 points
Chief: 10 points
Riot: 6 points
Mattboy: 6 points
Smack: 4 points
Phillyboy: 4 points
Smilnlady: 1 point

So tomorrow's games are:
Tampa/Ottawa
Edmonton/Detroit
Anaheim/Calgary
NJ/NYR (if you haven't already made predictions yet)

Good luck to all!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2006 3:04:25 AM
Here's my predictions:

Ottawa 3 Tampa 4 (hope Tortellini brains starts Burke this time!)
Detroit 4 Edmonton 5
Calgary 5 Anaheim 2 (I'll wear my Anaheim pants, which usually jinxs them)!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2006 2:01:15 AM
*SIGH* Two teams saw their days end and sadly, one of them was my Lightning! From champs to chumps! **stards. Tortellini for brains is to blame for not starting Burke sooner! Their defensemen all but fell asleep, leaving Burke to fend for himself. Lecavalier, the useless bum! You'd think if one cherry picks enough, he'd score more often but sadly, breakaway after breakaway, nothing! I've never seen a team quit so early (Rangers not inclusive). It's like they were physically there but not emotionally or mentally. Well enough about them.

And what's with the Rangers? They're like a bunch of big babies! "Oh mommy! I fell down! Help me! Help me!" Yeah I'm talking about you Jagr! And there were others too. Anyhoo, Jersey's gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

And Venomous, tonight's special is Flame-roasted Duck, served with a side of Teemu Salami and a glass of Baby Duck champaign. Total cost: $0.50

Okay, so let's take care of the NJ/NYR game first:

Phillyboy, Mattboy, Smack, Brian, Chief, Smilnlady, and Riot = 1 point each (almost everyone got that one, some very close to the scores too!)

And for the rest:

Chief: Ott/TBay and Cal/Ana games correct = 2 points

Q: Ott/TBay correct = 1 point

Brian: Ott/TBay correct = 1 point

Smilinlady: Very good! Got the Ott/TBay game and correct scores too! Also, one of the few who called the Edm/Det game! Just missed the Flames one. 2 points + 5 points = 7 points

Smack: Ott/TBay and Cal/Ana correct = 2 points

Riot: Det/Edm and Cal/Ana correct = 2 points

So here's where we're at:

Q: 21 points
Brian: 13 points
Chief: 13 points
Riot: 9 points
Smilnlady: 9 points
Mattboy: 7 points
Smack: 7 points
Phillyboy: 5 points

The race is getting intense! Well, for tomorrow:

Philly/Buffalo
Colorado/Dallas
Montreal/Carolina
San Jose/Nashville

Good luck!

Seeing_Stars
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2006 2:08:26 AM
For tomorrow:

Philly 3 Buffalo 4
Colorado 3 Dallas 4
Montreal 5 Carolina 4
San Jose 5 Nashville 2
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2006 9:14:49 PM
Two more teams head off to the golf course. I must admit the huge upset here was Dallas going in 5! When we all made our original predictions, I think the majority of us picked Dallas to win in 5 or 6! Kudos to Modano for sticking it out with his team (despite injury). He's not a big baby like Jagr! As predicted (by most), the Sharks sent Nashville packing! See ya! Don't wanna be ya!

Here we go!

Riot: Philly/Buff and SJ/Nash games correct = 2 points

Smack: SJ/Nash game correct = 1 point

Chief: Very good! 3 out of 4 games correct! Missed out on the Philly/Buff game = 3 points

Brian: Philly/Buff and Carolina/Montreal games correct = 2 points

Q: Colorado/Dallas and SJ/Nash games correct = 2 points

Smilnlady: Also very good! 3 out of 4 games correct! Missed only the Montreal/Carolina game = 3 points

So we're at:

Q: 23 points
Chief: 16 points
Brian: 15 points
Smilnlady: 12 points
Riot: 11 points
Smack: 8 points

It's gonna be a close race, especially once we add up the round predictions as well!

Two games for tomorrow:

Det/Edm
Cal/Ana

Place your wagers!

Seeing_Stars
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2006 9:17:07 PM
For tomorrow:

Detroit will make it tough on the Oil 3-2

Cal will end it for the Ducks 4-2
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2006 1:25:56 AM
Wow! I guess the surprise of the playoffs has got to be Edmonton beating Detroit and in 6 to boot! Merrick 98, you made a very valid point! Detroit only seemed to be greater than they actually were because they were playing teams like Columbus, St Louis, and Chicago all the time. Good call! The Flames, on the other hand, better pick up their game or they'll be sent packing and the Red Mile will be the Dead Mile! They can't rely so much on Kipper alone! Where's the damn offense? The Ducks played like a team desperate to win. The Flames were half asleep. If it wasn't for Kipper, it would've been like 10-1! Pathetic!

OK, here we go!

Riot: I missed the boat completely! Next!

Chief: 1 point for the Ana/Cal game

Q: 2 out of 2! Way to go! 2 points

Smilnlady: 1 point for the Ana/Cal game

Smack: 1 point for the Edm/Det game. Our Flames really blew it!

Brian: Called the Cal/Ana game and correct scores too! 1+5=6 points! Had you switched the scores for Det and Ana, you'd have another 6 points!

Lady-bugg: True, you got the scores correct but guesses placed AFTER the game don't count!

Boot Strap Bill: It's unfortunate but it's game over for Tampa this season. They just didn't play with the same level of intensity as they did in 2004. Nor did they have the goaltending! Grahame! See ya!

Just Want Some Fun!: um... yeah.....

So we're at:

Q: 25 points
Brian: 21 points
Chief: 17 points
Smilnlady: 13 points
Riot: 11 points
Smack: 9 points

So for tomorrow:

Carolina/Montreal
Buffalo/Philly

Good luck to all!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2006 1:29:07 AM
OK, I'm guessing the Habs have some fight left in them. 4-3 over Canes.

Buffalo will put Philly out of their misery (hopefully) 3-1
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Playoff Predictions
Posted: 5/3/2006 1:32:01 AM
Another 2 bid adieu and I'm happy to say that Buffalo was able to end Philly's misery! But sheesh! I have 5 Buffalo players in my hockey pool and do you think any of them had a hand in their 7 goals? Well, maybe 1. And what about the Habs! They lead the series 2-0 only to have the Canes win 4 straight to beat them? Harsh! So only one more series remains, and if the Flames don't smarten up and start scoring some goals, then it's game over!

How did we do?

Brian: Awesome! 2 for 2! 2 points

Blueeyeddvl: You too! Good stuff! 2 points

Riot: Buff/Philly game = 1 point

Chief: Canes/Habs game = 1 point

Smilnlady: Buff/Philly game = 1 point

Smack & Q: Habs & Philly didn't quite pull through = 0 points

Lady bugg: Oh. Hee hee. My bad!

So we're at:

Q: 25 points
Brian (catching up): 23 points
Chief: 18 points
Smilnlady: 14 points
Riot: 12 points
Smack: 9 points
Blueeyeddvl: 2 points

Still, anything can happen as the round 1 predictions get added up after the Flames/Ducks game.

So what do you figure - Flames or Ducks?
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Playoff Predictions
Posted: 5/3/2006 1:35:53 AM
I'm gonna have to go with the hometown boys 3-1, although if the Ducks start that goof Bryzgalov, then it may be more of an uphill battle.
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Playoff Predictions
Posted: 5/3/2006 7:27:40 PM
It's always bad luck to declare a winner before a game has ended but I am a human jinx so I'm gonna go ahead and declare the Ducks winner of Game 7 and therefore the series even though it's just barely halfway through the 2nd period. So there, you have it! All upsets in the West! (Hope this jinx works!)
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Playoff Predictions
Posted: 5/3/2006 7:37:37 PM
Oh yes, and Sutter will be squarely to blame for not thinking the Flames pathetic lack of offense is a problem. Um, Sutter, how can it not be a problem when your team can't even generate any shots on goal, much less score! Can't have Kipper shoulder the whole team on his shoulders! Someone's gotta score!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Playoff Predictions
Posted: 5/3/2006 8:47:32 PM
Oh shitty. I guess the jinx didn't work. The Red Mile is now the Dead Mile. Ha! Guess all those cops don't have to worry about "all the unruly fans" down there! Took the spirit right out of the city. Oh well. Now that the Lightning and the Flames are gone, what am I to do? I do have a lot of Sharks and Sabres in my hockey pool so I'm guessing (and hoping) they will be the final 2.

Anyway, who got points for the night?

Q, Blueeyeddvl, and Brian.

And Venomous, best of luck to your Ducks.

Round 1 finals coming right up!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Playoff Predictions
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:43:08 PM
Here's to everyone who made (formal) Round 1 predictions. 5 points for each correct team and an additional 5 for correct guesses as to number of games.

TimDogg: You only made predictions for the East! Correctly guessed Carolina/Montreal and Buffalo/Philly series = 10 points

Brian: 5 correct predictions! Ott/TB, NJ/NYR, Buff/Philly, Ana/Cal, and SJ/Nash = 25 points

Q: You correctly guessed the West but got blanked in the East! 20 points

Smack: 2 correct on each side! Edm/Det, SJ/Nash, Ott/TBay, and NJ/NYR = 20 points

gr8_1: 5 correct! Not bad! Edm/Det, Col/Dal, SJ/Nash, Ott/TBay, and Buff/Philly = 25 points

And everyone below got at least one game with the correct number of games won!

wantsumfun: 6 correct (Ana/Cal, SJ/Nash, Ott/TBay, Carolina/Montreal, NJ/NYR, Buff/Philly), 2 with correct number of games won (Ana/Cal, Ott/TBay)! 40 points

Greg: 3 correct (Ott/Tampa, NJ/NYR, and Buff/Philly), 1 with correct number of games won (Buff/Philly) = 20 points

Venomous: 4 correct (Ott/TBay, Carolina/Montreal, Ana/Cal, and Colorado/Dallas), 1 with correct number of games won (Ana/Cal) = 25 points

leafslady: 4 correct (SJ/Nash, Ott/TBay, Buff/Philly, and Carolina/Montreal), 2 with correct number of games won (SJ/Nash and Carolina/Montreal) = 30 points

Chief: 4 correct (SJ/Nash, Ott/TBay, Carolina/Montreal, NJ/NYR), 1 with correct number of games won (NJ/NYR) = 25 points

HungryEyes: 5 correct (SJ/Nash, Ott/TBay, Carolina/Montreal, NJ/NYR, Buff/Philly), 2 with correct number of games won (Ott/TBay and Carolina/Montreal) = 35 points

Riot: 5 games (nailed the East and throw in SJ/Nash), 3 with correct number of games won (SJ/Nash, Ott/TBay, and Carolina/Montreal) = 40 points

So here's the Round 1 finals:

Riot: 52 points
Brian: 49 points
Q: 46 points
Chief: 43 points
wantsumfun: 40 points
HungryEyes: 35 points
leafslady: 30 points
Smack: 29 points
gr8_1: 25 points
Venomous: 25 points
Greg: 20 points
Smilnlady: 14 points
TimDogg: 10 points
Blueeyeddvl: 3 points

HA! At this rate, I'll be drinkin' by myself!

Round 2 predictions begin now and end Friday at noon!

Edmonton/San Jose
Anaheim/Colorado

Buffalo/Ottawa
New Jersey/Carolina

Good luck!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Playoff Predictions
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:53:38 PM
Thanks Q! You didn't do too badly. 3rd is still pretty good! And it's not over until the 2 teams are decided for the finals!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Playoff Predictions
Posted: 5/3/2006 11:52:08 PM
LOL Q! I meant it was bad luck to declare someone has won when they only have a lead. Kinda like counting your chickens before they hatch sort of speak. Especially when you have money riding (which thankfully, I did not).

I see:

San Jose over Edmonton in 6.
Colorado over Anaheim in 5 (seeing how they manhandled Dallas).

Buffalo over Ottawa in 6.
NJ over Carolina in 5.
 mysterious5
Msg: 47
I see:
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:00:50 AM
Buffalo 4 Ottawa 1 - Ottawa in 7
Colorado 3 Aneheim 2 in overtime - Colorado in 5
New Jersey 3 Carolina 0 - Jersey in 6
San Jose 5 Edmonton 4 - Sharks in 7

Avs vs. Sens in final = ?
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 48
view profile
History
I see:
Posted: 5/6/2006 2:00:36 AM
Thanks Brian (and Q) for your kind words and support! I must admit that once I got this thing rolling, I've laid off the Pro Line, which is indeed a very good thing!

And thanks Q for getting round 2 predictions started (and for all of you who made predictions). I was out of commission due to a bad case of food poisoning so I missed out on the first games in this round! I would've gotten the Buffalo game, not sure about the Ducks though!

OK, here's how we did:

Q: Buff/Ott game correct: 1 point

Smilnlady: Buff/Ott game right: 1 point

Chief: Good stuff! Both games right! Now go buy yourself a Pro Line! 2 points

Brian: Ana/Col game right: 1 point

Blueeyeddvl: Sorry, the Sens & Avs didn't come through: 0 points

Who actually figured it would be a 5-0 walloping for the Ducks though? Maybe Venomous (but you didn't make your predictions)!

So now we are here (yikes, Brian's catching up to me)! ;)

Riot: 52 points
Brian: 50 points
Q: 47 points
Chief: 45 points
wantsumfun: 40 points
HungryEyes: 35 points
leafslady: 30 points
Smack: 29 points
gr8_1: 25 points
Venomous: 25 points
Greg: 20 points
Smilnlady: 15 points
TimDogg: 10 points
Blueeyeddvl: 3 points

So tomorrow, it's NJ/Carolina!

Good luck!

Seeing_Stars
Msg: 49
view profile
History
I see:
Posted: 5/6/2006 2:03:08 AM
I am thinking NJ will lay a can of whoopass on Carolina 5-0!
 Living hard
Msg: 50
ALBERTA ALL THE WAY!
Posted: 5/6/2006 6:04:26 PM
Just so you all know, Edmonton Oilers is going all the way......it is about time that an Albertan Team win the Stanley Cup.

It will be nice to see Edmonton vs. Ottawa in the play-off. THen we know that a Canadian Team will take it!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions