Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TS_69er
Msg: 227
over 30 and still living at homePage 3 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
you think im arrogant in my POV??? gee lets see Im not the one bragging about when I get my house built am I? true wealth isnt bragged about ....... You dont know me so dont pretend to be Dr Phil, I can afford to be arrogant because i can back up my lifestyle but I dont have to brag about it.

I dont believe especially men should live at home with mommy and daddy ,unless like I said before, they are helping the parents as children should do, the parents are Ill and/or needs financial help, the guy is in school to further his education etc, able bodied people residing under their parents roof to save money?? yep.

So you judge people who judges you for living at home but its not right for them to judge you but you judge them for judging you?

to that sparklin lady, what does me searching for FWB have to do with this thread?
 TS_69er
Msg: 230
over 30 and still living at home
Posted: 11/28/2006 10:00:15 AM
Mecheng001, im going to see if i can dumb it down for you dude.......

I have a career as a Mechanical Engineer, and do very well in that regard. I also own 60+ acres of land and a bunch of machinery I purchased to develop that land into my ideal home...-mecheng
is that not bragging?
2) you should learn how to read, never said I was a stud, and what the hell am I doing here? do I need to discuss that with you?
3) I can afford to be arrogant because I am ARROGANT and loving it, there's a difference Im not trying to be a nice guy like YOU, some women dont like me nor do I care, and some do, and Im meeting them without the nice guy phony attitude
4) I dont have a problem with you, I DONT KNOW YOU, I just gave my opinion and you dont like it just like you gave your opinion of me and quote and quote
Hope your not this much of an ass to the women you meet...mecheng001
hmm nice quote guy
but no matter what you think of me, Im still meeting ladies, getting what i want they get what they want and youre still at home being bitter
 FantasyWanted
Msg: 231
Posted: 11/28/2006 10:33:17 AM
Tonydaboss: just to return some of your own words back to you: your advice is like a a$$hole, everyone got one and doesnt need another one. FYI: Major difference in being arrogant and being just a plain old a$$hole. You, babe, are not arrogant but on the other, you are entertaining.
 TS_69er
Msg: 232
Posted: 11/28/2006 11:43:31 AM
you think Im a azzhole, gee Im all choked up ................ im over it now
i am arrogant and you can call me what every you like cupcake, by the way I never gave any advice
 TS_69er
Msg: 234
Posted: 11/28/2006 12:01:35 PM
once again gagoots , maybe you can read it slower this time
I dont have a problem with you I DONT KNOW YOU , and I dont have a hatred for anyone living at mommy and daddy, care to point out where i said that stunad??

<div class="quote">Good luck with the ladies studly... and you talk about me having a problem?
 FantasyWanted
Msg: 235
Posted: 11/28/2006 2:53:07 PM
Tonydeboss: Mea Culpa, you are absolutely, totally correct . . . do you wish me to revise your words appropriately or can you figure it out, my sweet subservient one?

p.s. thank you for the compliment – most gracious of you
 Sparklin
Msg: 239
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:40:25 AM

to that sparklin lady, what does me searching for FWB have to do with this thread

Dear Tony,

If you are looking for FWB - as I said in my original post - it wouldn't be very convenient to live at home with mom and dad. No need to take offense darlin', I was simply stating a fact that you put out there...MUAH!!
 TS_69er
Msg: 240
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:55:19 AM
tiredoftheheadgames, you want to comment about my d*ick?? Is this some kind of brokeback mountain thing? just in case you cant read? i said MEN living at home, not women
glad you think you know me guy, I have to compensate eh????? thats actually funny
 TS_69er
Msg: 248
Posted: 12/1/2006 11:50:13 AM
well said edmguy, I couldnt of said it any better guy

and answer to the other question? a gift vs freeloading are two different things but maybe its my size of my johnson clouding the issue

usually gifts are from the heart, freeloading on the back of someone succesful is just plain wrong.
 TS_69er
Msg: 251
Posted: 12/1/2006 2:50:11 PM
jealous, how are we jealous??? thats funny
listen My parents come to visit me in my home, and I treat them, why because of the years they took care of me when i was young, even when i was struggling in University I never thought of staying with my parents, but my parents taught us to be independent

If what you do works for you, good and keep on doing it then,who cares what others think? but to say stupid things like were players cause we live on our own? just like what that guy onegreatm8 said, i just couldnt say it as eloquent.
 treemanbdj
Msg: 253
Posted: 12/1/2006 5:38:08 PM
Good Gosh....Anyone that has not left the house by 30 and has no documented medical issues... They are but as child...period.

Now anyone that would come in this type of debate and brag...Oh look at me look at me, look at my pictures of some antiquated construction equipment and post a dozen times how "great thou are"" your just jealous ...

OH PLEEZE.........I can only think of two words in my opinion...Lou- Zer!!

Nothing personal, but sometimes people can't see the picture if they are in the picture.

I have assets in the area of 450-600K, (One stinking mortgage with about 30K left) SOLELY supported a wife and her 2 kids for 10 years...........Parents have co-signed for a couple loans over the years, but I did leave the nest the year I graduated High School. Crips, if I was 30-35 living home and single, as hard as I work I'd be a millionaire.

My step-son (19) brags how he is a "MAN" taking care of his 1 y.o. baby girl the whole time he lives off (..er......Uh......I...mean ......"with" {LMAO} his girlfriend's mom apartment)

For the record, 2 years ago I paid for his learner's licence, gave him a money for driving school, and informed him upon completing acquiring his regular licence he has an old work truck and a 50K job waiting , but....well........2 words.....Lou-Zer!

I have to remind him he "WILL" be a "MAN" the day he has his own house(apartment) key, pays his own electric bill, fills his own refrig, buys his own TP and soap... Until then he is just a child. He wants to be a child to 30,33,or even 40. He's still a child in my eyes.

In closing.... No medical issues, no hardships on family and finances ????? I shake my head.......Where is the self-esteem I ask? Where? Where is the self worth??

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 255
Posted: 12/1/2006 8:46:25 PM
I Hummmmm...Interesting mecheng001.

It walks like a duck, quack likes a duck.....I'm calling it a duck....period.

It's not so much that you boast of not doing the shopping or clothes. It's not even the boasting of "look what I got" ( BTW absolutely nothing impressive IMO) .

It's the arrogance in your posting of belittling of the rest of the posters that fit in to societies norm.

Come On Dude you are creeping up on 2 decades of legal adulthood. Yet, like a "child" you have been able to (play) post on POF over 25 times just today.....

As a child you have ducked the responsibilities shopping, laundry , calling the repairman, surely cleaning up after yourself, or the extra wear and tear on 10-20 years of extra use in the home, the time management of ALL the aforementioned. ALL the little extras you lack responsibility for the rest of us spend hours a week taking care of.

Seriously, how many hours time do you think you eat into your parents life. Not just the shopping, putting things away, discarding the trash of such items, laungry and such on YOU. Even the extra 1-2 hours a month of doing the paper work that involves being a homeowner (or renter). You in fact , as a child have ducked all these responsibilities. You need not sit down and write and mail a check for mortgage,electric,phone,trash, property tax, town tax, hydro, whatever etc etc etc.
Just go to binstock for whatever ya need , eh??

No responsibilities equals a child...period. Not derogatory, just the facts. Sorry Dude, you might just see one day. .....or maybe not...how old are the folks?????? Why even start building a house at this point????

You come on this thread from the beginning to the total of a dozen post justifying what you are doing, while trying to put the rest of the fish down.

And treemanbdj, good for you dude, I'm supposed to live my life just like you?

Live your life anyway you want. I just find it extremely ironic that normal healthy north American adults are out of their parents support a decade before you, yet you think they/us the normal ones are abnormal and jealous. That's all (childish...eh??)

Who claims you on their tax return??

B
D
 treemanbdj
Msg: 257
Posted: 12/1/2006 9:26:31 PM
Dude I'm not busting on you... I'm giving you a reality check.

You might want to go through your post...Start at 221 and 223 (that's not boasting, I'm not sure what is)

Yes, I do.....Later posting a link to look at pictures of a cleared lot, and equipment 20 and 30 years old and a 35 year old dump truck.

You post renting would only holdback your "timeline"...WTF???

Haven't you been out of college a decade or more????

I think you need to step out of the box for a second. You seem to want to judge us all, but refuse to look in the mirror.

Just for the sake of the last post from me....What exactly would you title a person that is your age?

I think childish fits rather correctly. Just the simple review of all your post informing us of the accomplishments of the rest of your family...

You know...... the second grader bragging... "My Pop is bigger then you Pop". Just another childish trait.

I truly think that the arrogant aura that you may give off that has you catching flack in the real world from others, not the fact that you are still living with mom and dad.

Good luck in your endeavors, don't let me upset you, rather let me motivate you.

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 259
Posted: 12/1/2006 9:57:36 PM
Last post for real.....

If childish offends you which I explains from many angles.

How about lazy?????

As for your siblings...well I'm not sure "their" attitude, but your's shines pretty clear to me in the forums. If they were to throw all the BS I'd call them on it too...sorry

You have excuse after excuse after excuse.

Now a lot cleared for a dream house has been deverted to a garage w/apartment WTF.

Yes I make a living with such things as a 72 JCB EXT/hoe, 75 chipper, 80 crane. I know what we have is pretty much junk, not worth bosting of...sorry.

In closing here is my motivating speech.

Get off your @ss with all the time spent on the BS, arguing with people about your lifestyle here and the RW, get off the computer, (X box and sports also) and get a second job . Maybe this way you will be in your dream house before you are 50.

Best I can do.... again good luck.

JOE
 millionaireFR
Msg: 267
Posted: 12/4/2006 11:11:07 PM
I totally agree with ya
 TS_69er
Msg: 269
Posted: 12/5/2006 1:23:00 PM
we can judge someone if they post on a public forum , trying to justify why someone in their 30's live at home (except for certain legitimate reasons)

My parents if/when they get to the point when they cant manage their home they know they can live with me or any of my siblings but none of us would even think of intruding on my parents, we respect their privacy and viceversa.
 FantasyWanted
Msg: 270
Posted: 12/5/2006 1:58:25 PM
tonydaboss: Now that was totally well said and is about the best comment made in this forum.
 TS_69er
Msg: 277
Posted: 12/6/2006 12:47:35 PM
@ the champ is here, as far as im concerned youre a MAN, stepping up to the plate and taking care of your mom as you did youre ok in my books.

@tiredofplayinggames, youre a gagoots.....plain and simple, there is no cure for what you have Jack, but you do make me laugh though, there's a reason why you shouldnt drink and post
 treemanbdj
Msg: 285
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:02:05 AM

tony, is this the only thread you post in? lol, never see you anywhere else...

Who knows, that's the beauty of being a self-sufficient adult that has his own place, maybe he is doing dishes, or laundry, maybe making a shopping list, putting away groceries, cleaning out the lint in the dryer, changing a burnt out light bulb, dusting, folding and putting away his clothes,maybe he's cooking his own dinner, or packing his lunch. Maybe sewing a button that fell of a shirt. Maybe he's cleaning out the frig of left-overs, changing the toilet paper roll, Maybe taking out the trash, raking the yard or cleaning the rain gutter and chimney for winter. Maybe getting the mail out of the mailbox. Changing the sheets on the bed, checking the mouse traps in the attic or basement. Just maybe he's vacuuming the rugs in the house or washing the floors or cleaning the tub.

I guess that's the beauty of living home, no responsibilities of maintaining a home , and allows lots of "FREE TIME" to be able to post close to 300 times in the past 4 weeks.

Easy, it's the Internet... ppl have an easier time criticizing/judging on the net than they do face to face in person...

Not with me. I answered the several questions OP asked. In the real world if you are a LOU-Zer I will surely let you know, seems I do it on a monthly bases with deadbeat parents,workers, and business owners. I'd prefer to look a duck in the eye when i call them a duck.

This thread prompted me to ask my parents if they wanted me to move out, and rent a place while I build my home...

You're kidding right??? You needed this thread 15 years later to ask mom and dad if you should rent a place????

You know MECH, had you just put the money it cost to buy a pack of smokes since your 18th birthday in a simple passport savings account each day, you could have bought a house in your zip code for CASH. Just a simple illustration how simple life can really be.

As for the Montreal cutie who needed to come in and bash the judgers by judging?? Then to go on and Judge us........

...................ironic

Yea those two little boys of yours look sweet as candy playing on the living room floor, but 3 decades later that's fine with you??? I would then question YOUR parental skills as to raise a self-sufficient child and put them in the REAL World

Okay, returning home for a brief period of time because of medical reasons, a life altering change in finances, or family status, is 100% a different thread, but I say BUTT ......................

the thread is about "STILL" living at home. As to apply you have never reached adulthood
as to be self -sufficient. Again in my eyes just a child.

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 287
Posted: 12/7/2006 6:09:27 AM
wow mech you are a trip...

Mooching (as other posters put it) has no boundries with you.

Now you're making fun of me for posting on the forums? LOL... I have a desk job, POF runs in the backround Breaks up the boring days you know... I save the manual labor for my own time, glad I went to school!

Posting at POF on the old company clock....

Yea, as a business owner I am required to be at a desk 10-15 hours a week and it totally SUX Big Time. Bored is an UNDERSTATEMAENT .I'm an outside kinda guy, and hands on building stuff. Plus my job keeps me in excellent shape.

Actually, I've been putting away ~$50.00/day towards retirement since I graduated from University...

Wow with the extra savings on house upkeep,and shopping/cooking/cleaning, AND squireling away 50 bucks a day... Jeeze maybe I am jealous not to be pocketing 20K a year for the last deacade or so, PHYCH- NOT......

Extra time at work and savings of 300 plus a week you truly have NO excuse to have an empty lot sitting year after year, with plans of the dream house scaled down to a garage with overhead apartment..

Maybe a women will come along and see through all your smoke and mirror BS,not BDJ... I'm smarter then your average tree squirrel.

Okay little one's on bus and I'm paying worker's to teach an almost 34 year old why he needs to cut the umbilical .

See ya in the pond later.

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 298
Posted: 12/7/2006 3:12:17 PM
/\./\./\. Pleeze /\./\./\

Mech this really is getting pathetic.

If you can honestly tell me you are not using any illegal substance, fee free to email me. I have no blocks.

I say this because the philanthropist in me feels the need to pay for some psychology counseling.

I think I'd be willing to write a check for the first 6 week.

In the mean time. You obviously do not have the financial means ( or gonna) to hire for all the adult responsibilities you seem to loath. 2,400 a month in bills....wooo-weee. Isn't that the bills of any semi trade guy who makes 18 bucks an hour???? What happened to the $250 a day you were saving?? That alone is $5,416.67 a month.

WTF? LMAO@U You haven't managed to scrape enough money in over a decade to manage a home, yet you would ridicule your own mother for being fugal with coupons.

bungk....shezt dissss,,,hesss,dfghjk

I'm back...sorry...that was my head hitting the keyboard in disbelief.

Smoke and mirrors...to me there Mech. I'm just glad yahoo doesn't have a aroma software program in my Internet connection ...LOL... I'd have a swarm of flies hovering around my monitor.

People living at home mooching off the parents and they have good careers, and the mom doing laundry,cooking,cleaning etc well thats just plain bullsh!t.

Er...Ummmm. onegreatm8 I think the 20-100's PC term is Parental-welfare.

Keep up the good post Mech, entertainment factor of this thread alone is worth my 24.95 a month IPS.

Ummmm. you do know what that bill is?????

B
D
J
 Lookin4onemore
Msg: 300
Posted: 12/7/2006 6:29:07 PM
HEY!!! I am 32 yrs old and still living at home. I pay rent when I can (which is almost every month) so, maybe the guy or girl can't find a good place to live? Cut them some slack. I realize it is your ex but still, why are you so rude???? Maybe you should go to counseling or something.
 treemanbdj
Msg: 302
Posted: 12/7/2006 6:56:25 PM

Illegal substances? No, I don't even drink that often, so not sure where you're going with that...

R U sure? Dipping into some of mom or dads anti-depressants, eh??

If not could you enlighten us on this quote ??....

But having a few hundered K in retirement & no mortgage in my mid to late 30's will be pretty sweet if you ask me...

Ummm....you haven't even dug the footers of this dream house, and at 33 1/2 you are already in your mid thirties.....

Oh...My Bad...stupid me....You ment you will still be living with mom and dad in your mid to late 30's...Disreguard question 3.

Continue to justify the means...rather entertaining.

I'm glad I was out of the house and saved enough to buy my house at 62K 12 years ago... who would have ever guessed the market in the 21161 zip code would have went Total F'in' NUTZ. Single acre lots now going for 250-400K. With well 275-500K. (of course taxes going from less then 700 dollars to over 3K SUX) Plus the eight years left at $337.57/month aint that bad for real.. Funny thing MECH the the $418.42/month escrow for taxes&insurance is there even with a pay-off.

Point is, property tax, insurance, and things like food shopping are always there in the adult world. However, it's not that bad.
I am one of the happiest M Fer's knowing I lucked into the market instead of bunking in with mom and dad another decade.

Life is what u make of it MECH.

Joe
 treemanbdj
Msg: 306
Posted: 12/8/2006 3:49:41 AM
Hey Bruce for the record I think Mech is living totally in his own world. A mostly make believe one at that. Just my opinion. His posting just don't jib period.

For the record I was just busting on his arrogant post. The bragging and falsified justifications of his actions in his own mind.

A person who would boast of
Somehow I don't think a deadbeat puts himself through a mechanical engineering program at a university by working at a transmission shop.
or putting away 65,000 a year since college
Actually, I've been putting away ~$50.00/day towards retirement since I graduated from University

Now a man of the aforementioned caliber would not snivel about 2k/month in bills. Nor would they be so lackadaisical to take years to clear and start a building lot .Even bunk in my mom and pop for another decade or two.

FYI: I clear several building lots a year for a living , thou that's not my speciality.

Nope, I think Mech lives in his own world. He's discovered POF and a whole new world to spread stories. That's just my thoughts. I took the liberty to link up to his sites he posted, read through his archive post, and even provoke him enough to the rest of us could take a look at the mind of a almost 34 yo that never left the nest.

Fact is I'm happier that has parents pick up the slack for him, then my tax dollars. I'm done with his more then 2 dozen post.

Personally, I have nothing against how long a parent wishes to keep a child in their home.

But the shear arrogance that smells in some of these post??? Well, just brings to my lips a weekly quote of mine. ...Don't piss in my face and tell me it's raining.

Mech Merry Christmas and good luck. Best advice try to think outside of the box..er....Uh......I ...mean...Try to think outside of the bedroom you've spent 3 1/2 decades in.

In closing I could only find government stats in USA for single men from ages (grouped 24-35) living home, which in totality was 11%

However 30-34 yo males in Canada is a Un F'in' unbelievable 34%.

http://www.ccsd.ca/factsheets/athome.htm

Makes me think now wonder this dating site is so big in Canada .

B
D
J
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >