Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why Is Internet Dating SO Hard!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MacKevinized
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why Is Internet Dating SO Hard!!Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
BTW, I look at posts without pics too. There's many valid reasons people do not wish to have their image online.
 terry44030
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why Is Internet Dating SO Hard!!
Posted: 5/1/2006 12:03:23 AM
It would be nice if everyone wasn't looking for a 10. Be it physically perfect, perfect job, or whatever else.
 scopin
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/1/2006 12:32:07 AM
Sh it,I don't even bother putting my photo up anymore because i just get abused by women coz they don't believe that it's a real photo of myself!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/30/2006 6:14:44 PM
Internet or real life ~ it's not easy in the dating world no matter where you meet someone.
 hyrle
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/2/2006 6:12:53 PM
I have to agree, ladyluck, you have to go in without expectations. I took have met people without viewing pics first. Oddly enough, some of those have been my best experiences.

I tend to not worry about the picture as much as the words. A pretty picture tells me nothing of someone's mind, sense of humor, interests and tastes. While it's true that profile words can be incomplete or misleading, it will always show at least one thing - the ability someone has to express themselves in written form. Since intelligence is one of the personal qualities is require in order to have a successful relationship, a well-written profile at least helps me identify that much.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/3/2006 2:21:25 PM
Is rather Superficial if u ask me? i have met some remarkable men in here that have pics on their profile & some who think that they are not gorgeous have the biggest heart than the ones that are gorgeous..

I have spoken to ones that completely Downsize that they are into the LOOK factor rather than getting to know the person for who they are & not for what they look like from the outside....

Too many expectations. Too many trials & errors.. Too many superficial ppl... Too many liars & doesnt really being honest with their intentions....

I have given up on dating too after my engagement ended seeing its my third one that slipped away to someone else while he is with me... So i think I am jinx.... despite the fact that i am told I am cute & quite appealing so I am sure it wont be hard for me out there but I am not looking anymore... I have given up too....
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/3/2006 2:42:42 PM
In a way, I think that Internet dating is actually harder, and I will try to explain
why I feel this way.
When you know someone from the net and you are going out to meet them,
you already have envisioned in your mind what this person will be like. Most
of the time, you are thinking with high expectations, all dreamy and in lala land.
Secondly, people lie on the net about things that you can not see, such as
their real height or weight, or age.
Also, people tend to only judge a profile by the pics on it...which is not
good.
You may not agree, but a lot of online daters are shallow minded. They
set the bar pretty high, because they think online dating is like ordering
from a menu.
Thanks, and bye!
 valjean1789
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2006 1:32:12 PM
I agree totally. People are people, some are candid, some not. The world outside cyberspace is not so different from that within. I do believe, however, that one of the advantages of internet dating is that if an individual posts a thorough profile and you pay careful attention to the code words, you can learn more about someone than you might on four or five dates. It is a tool to be used by those savvy enough to realize its advantages. Besides, if you restrict first meetings to coffee they need not be that long or horrible. I find that if you put some effort into it, you can learn something new from just about anyone.

Steve
 extrememale2004
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/5/2006 5:46:12 PM
Internet dating is hard because both people sometimes dont know what to expect when they first start talking. I know from experience had over my lifetime alot of women hang up on me after they ask me what my profession is. I mean I never understand where do people get this idea if a person is a caretaker he does not make any money. If I told some people how much i make they would be jealous of me. For me internet dating and not internet dating is hard for me because I dont fit what most women want.
 akula
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/5/2006 9:34:02 PM
for people like me intrenet dating really kills your ego.lol.you realize how little worth you have to the opposit sex .lol
 extrememale2004
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/7/2006 4:48:43 PM
One reason it is hard to find love on the net or in the real world is that some people are not sure what they really want. I remember when I was in college and was a star player I had alot women line up for me. 5 years after finishing my degrees now it is hard to get me a date and it amazes me when I tell others the field that I am in laugh and say I dont make that much. No one really knows how much i make and anyways when it become the women job to ask a man how much he makes. I mean you can make alot of money and lose it all. For me going out I approach women and some are scare to talk to me because I am built and so dont that work and on the net some are afraid to talk to me because some dont understand how I got through college so what I learn in my life is some women make excuses and excuses and so that is why I am thinking about moving to another state because where I live some women are shallow on what they are looking for. I mean lately all I want is a women to have lunch with or dinner and that is it but cant even get that. I am not tring to get into anyone's pants did that when I was younger way younger and it is like a joke for me getting a date. If I told women how much I make they would freak out and get jealous of me.
 extrememale2004
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/8/2006 6:12:13 AM
Agree Internet dating is something that takes time to find the right one. I mean three years ago I thought I found the right women but she didnt want a relationship with me anymore and now she is married and learn that sometimes sometimes you have to really get to know a person and see what you have in common and what you dont. Also learning respecting each other is important.
 sxyvirgo
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/8/2006 11:00:40 AM
Simple! Internet dating is hard because DATING is hard!

And of course people look at photos....if you were dating in person would you ask someone out (face-to-face) if you didn't care for their looks? I'm not saying only gorgeous people, but just that you must at least be agreeable with their appearance...

If anything, online dating is better because at least the date is hopefully based on something beyond looks - you get a chance to introduce yourself.
 aventurero
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2006 8:55:13 PM
1. People have unrealistic expectations about who they will meet.

2. Even if they meet in person, people forget they are meeting a complete stranger, and have unrealistic expectations about how quickly they will connect.
 *buzz*
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2007 1:32:45 AM

Everyone must admit that the first thing they look at is the photograph - again is this really right??

I would understand this idea as we all would like to know more about the person in question and a pic gives that another missing piece to an answer. However, there are on here fake pics or no pics but I give credit to those with no pics if they participate on forums. One can create their pic in mind and if 'stumbling on' each other turns into more than accidental way the picture does follow. Hmm ... sometimes it is still not enough. And even if meeting does happen I bet it must be kind of Blind Date.

If a person is deceptive on the internet, they will be deceptive in person.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/21/2007 10:29:59 AM
It's not so bad; it can be fun if you don't use it as the ONLY means for dating, you have a good screening process, you don't have really high expectations (you're not trying to make a spouse out of every person you meet) and you don't take it too seriously in general.
 Zippy_Pachoo
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2007 11:19:52 AM
You said: "Oh bum, I've just given up on dating!!"

You are clearly British.

Murricans NEVER say "Oh bum."
 Remington55
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/1/2008 5:01:12 AM
Hmmm Sister ZanyGirl, the nun...

Now what would a nun be doing on an Internet Dating site? Aren't you married to God? Well even if you're not, I'm Ok with it. Nuns are human too.

However when I first read the subject line in the forum list, I figured some bloke was making is sound so sexual. Excuse the pun. Then I read your profile. Mary Poppins comes to mind... just kidding.

Why would you give up on dating? How does one date a nun anyway? I have so many questions and I'm not sure I want to find out the answers. Oh well. Your picture says a 1000 words and you're cute too. Would you find a priest on POF too? What sort of bloke are you fishing for? Better still, how does a nun fish? What would you use as bait? Perhaps I'm being a little too facetious and pretentious, please accept my apologies, I meant no harm.

May you find the answers to your prayers...

loveoregon
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/1/2008 10:59:10 AM
I have met all kinds of people on here and have had a couple of real love relationships come out of them over the past 5 years.

The best value for me now is the social interaction on these forums. It is a great learning experience.
 loveoregon
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/1/2008 10:59:58 AM
don't know why this thing came out 3 times!!!
 loveoregon
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/1/2008 11:00:30 AM
don't know why this thing came out 3 times
 Sauder
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/1/2008 3:36:53 PM
puff egos... I loved that!

Frankly, "yes" I love attention. Show me someone that does not like attention and I will show you a liar.

Was it not that Freud guy that made the theory that people are attracted to each other first out of looks and then are held together by personalities and such? But what does he know, he was just one of the great psychologists of all time that had a drug habit. javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')
 OneUniqueLady
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/18/2008 8:56:19 PM
As for myself, I find internet dating so difficult cause there are so many men/women to choose from. It's like a candy store and at times it's like if they don't like you within 5 min. it's over, then onto the next. Also, I find that men/women are chatting with more than one at a time and don't give it a chance with just one to see where it goes. In the real world if you met someone out somewhere you get to know someone without any outside distractions............ But, what do I know, just my opinion, is all.
 allsmiles324
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 9:56:57 PM
Dang ZanyGirl-

Love the sense of humor. Too bad you're so far away!

LOL!

Doc:
 Tim2483
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:12:16 PM
You just have to be patient, I have met some great people and some not so great people. Sometimes I get emails from people I have nothing in common with, other times I fit someone's description to a T and they read my message and view my profile and I still don't hear back. Another thing to remember is some people get a ton of messages, and a lot of times someone reads all their emails with the intention of responding, but just don't get around to it. The next time you read a new message from someone, you'll be surprised how often you read it and move on without thinking twice. A friend of mine is an attractive lady, and she gets 40-50 new emails a day. To expect everyone to respond is impossible, although everyone agrees it would be nice!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why Is Internet Dating SO Hard!!