Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crazycurlz
Msg: 20
For the guys - why do you stand up women on dates?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
i think that some guys (& women) may just find it a bit of an ego rush to play a game with someone else's head.

as for false advertisement...ya some people are guilty of that. my photos are recent and i'm always honest in descriptions of myself, i expect the same. but if someone shows up, and clearly misrepresented themselves, i won't just pretend we missed eachother and stand them up...i'll be honest with them, politely say it was nice meeting and leave it at that.
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 26
For the guys - why do you stand up women on dates?
Posted: 4/26/2006 10:59:26 PM
they with they woman and cant get out the house......
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/29/2006 9:03:56 PM
when ive been stood up..i thank God for showing me right up front watta loser
that person is. when their word cant be trusted on the outset....forget the
future...
 damien134
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/29/2006 9:27:45 PM
Maybe the man walks in, saw you and left !!
That kinda explains it!
 terry44030
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2006 5:52:24 AM
Sheesh I just commented on the flip-side of this 5 seconds ago. yup, a thread asking the women why they stand men up. Personally, I can say that I have never been stood up for a date by anyone on this site. Then again, I have never HAD a date from anyone here.
 Sandi1001
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/26/2008 5:59:25 PM
on POFools I've been stood up about 5 times since being on here march 07 sick say what is up with that I guess they dont have a weekend pass for good behavior from the prison and or the institution stupid is as stiupid does did u know all babies were female when gestating (that means first started from seed guys) and then some genitic defects grow a penis and then loose their brain and become boys some of them get soem brains back most dont ergo "geniticdefective" ( that means cant think or do right guys ) anyway if we women think of things in that light we will not let that stupidness bother us as they are genetic defects and we are better off ....do you want a retarted person as a lover or mate good you dont meet////// be happy "to your ownself be true"
 AAuroraAA
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:42:56 AM
Standing someone up seems to be a general lack of respect for others & an inflated sense of the self that causes people to behave like that; male or female. I've been stood up by dates as well as friends. I have more respect for myself than to tolerate repeat behavior by any of them. The excuse of just forgetting??? Boy that is really telling about how much respect that kind of person has for others! I don't even want peripheral friends who do that! Respect is an intregal part of any kind of relationship. No respect, no trust= no deal.

In the case of finding a prospective date has totally misrepresented themselves, I have to admit that I would be ticked & insulted by that too. I look so much like my pictures that strangers could pick me out of a crowd. People who knew me when I was 7 yrs old could do the same. The option of pretending not to be who I am isn't an option for me to even try. I don't think I would do it even if it were though. In those situations I have been polite & friendly, but didn't offer any future expectations.
 carolann0308
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:08:57 PM
Women stand up men too. There have been plenty of threads on this board about it. But when you are meeting a stranger and expecting Jessica Alba, and Janet Reno shows up. It's a problem.
 flyingiguana
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 2:21:34 PM
if i somehow got a woman to go on a date with me, there's no way i would stand her up
 StevenCheese
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/14/2008 10:50:10 PM
I don't think I've ever stood a girl up. If I did it was probably unintentional. Like my fantastic add mind got preoccupied and I completely forgot who I was while having an outerbody experience. I always blame the aliens but I suppose that gets old.
Yeah whatever excuse whether dog ate my homework or kidnapped to go fishing it really sucks to do that kinda thing. Some people also are just spineless.
 StevenCheese
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/14/2008 10:52:12 PM
/quote I do it for amusement and to win a bet to see if they'd make a thread about it on POF.

I dunno why anyone else does it though.

Lol. I think they do it for the same reasons. Or them aliens got to them too >.<
 northeast25
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/15/2008 11:22:49 AM
There is NO excuse for anyone not showing up at a date besides actual emergencies. I think cancelling a date at the last minute is rude as well, but it's not quite as bad as not showing up.
 pierre_max
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/15/2008 5:00:24 PM
It's only happen when they lie.That's mean they already have someone waitting .lol
 SavannahSaucy
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/15/2008 5:26:21 PM
I realize that this question is directed towards the guys, but it's interesting to read about other people's experiences. In 10 years of dating, I've been stood up 3 times. So, obviously most men don't treat prospective dates so rudely ... orrrrrr, I've just been lucky?

Once, the guy was supposed to meet me at a coffee shop. I waited for about 30 minutes. I sat at a table near the door, so as to be conspicuous. I did see one man who vaguely resembled his online photo (not from PoF ... this was years ago). But, his appearance was different enough that I didn't feel comfortable approaching him. He later did claim that he was there. If that was true, he looked nothing like the picture on his profile; he was much heavier, and looked about 10 years older.

The second time, the guy never showed up at a restaurant. He called after the fact, and wanted to reschedule. He said that he got "cold feet." Nope, not gonna happen. I don't date men who have so little respect that they wouldn't bother to call a woman in advance to cancel. And, if he had so little self-confidence that he really did get cold feet, he wouldn't have been for me, anyway.

The third time was definitely the most confounding. I had dated this guy for 4 months, and we were exclusive. We made plans to spend the next weekend together, upon my arrival back to town from a work-related trip. On the morning I was to arrive back into town, he E-MAILED me to cancel, with some lame excuse. Technically, I suppose this wasn't being "stood up." I guess he was too chicken to call me because he knew how insincere his reason would sound. It hurt terribly, because I thought we had developed a level of trust, and I felt disrespected that he couldn't have been honest about whatever his true reason for ditching out on the date (and the relationship) was.

I try very hard to respect another person's time. I have only rarely had to modify plans because of some unavoidable schedule conflict. If someone makes the time to meet me, I'm going to be there barring an emergency. Even then, I would call well in advance so as to give him the chance to make alternate plans. I expect the same consideration, and for the most part, it happens civilly out there in the dating world.
 Miashakti
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 9:28:32 AM
"See, I'm such a grouchy pain in the ass I rarely get dates to begin with, so it's hard to relate.

I'd like to have a blind date just so I COULD get stood up! "

This is soooo funny!!!javascript:smilie('')
 jldude
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/17/2008 8:50:22 AM
This is getting old. Not all guys are this cold and heartless. Less than you think. I personally would never do such a thing to someone, I know what I go through to get one. In addition, I'm getting tired of women complaining about it, it's 5 times easier for a woman to get a date than a guy, seriously what the heck. If women had it any easier in the dating scene, guys would all be puppets.
 kiff256
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/22/2008 11:28:52 PM
i have been stood up so many times by women just on pof alone. hell, i was stood up on my birthday. now dat is pretty crappy.
 m14shooter
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:05:03 PM
I had one show up and decide she couldn't possibly have dinner with me and made some rude comments. A couple standing close by made a comment about how nasty she was. Had my Camaro that day and roasted the hell out of the tires as I left which she got to smell all the way to her car across the parking lot, shouldn't have done that but it was deserved. Never done it to anyone even if they lied and sent a ten year old photo, I just went through it and declined any further contact.
 barbee1970
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/19/2009 11:19:58 PM
It happens to me too and it really psses me off. I think a guy is coming over, wait all day into he eve and nothing.

Just don't make a date then. I think it is cruel to make someone wait all day and no-show. People have lives, you know. Maybe they can do other things like shop or go out to eat, anything besides play the waiting game.
 girlwPriOriTies
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:50:10 PM
i've never been stood up, but there was one time where i thought a guy was going to be much taller than he actually was....pretty awkward...(i wanted to run out the door.)but i went through with the date, turns out he was real nice and sweet, we did dutch, that way it technically wasn't a "date" and i didnt have to have any further obligation towards the poor fellow....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >