Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 30
How do you deal with obnoxious houseguestsPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Personally.. I think you should have a talk with your friend and SHE should make sure he doesn't wear that tank top.. also... if he starts bringing up his afflictions, simply suggest a lighter topic.. I would not mind telling him not to discuss health issures at a picnic where people willl be eating. Also, are you sure his skin problems are not better? I just think your friend should talk to him before he comes.
 zig02
Msg: 31
view profile
History
How do you deal with obnoxious houseguests
Posted: 4/20/2006 10:34:34 PM
I bet he does expose his skin because of the sun, but he doesn't have to do it on that particular day. It's not what you say, it's how you say it, and I think it's fine to tell the guy nicely that he should wear a shirt because you don't want to see his psoriasis. It probably never occurred to him that it was a problem.

Off topic: there has been a lot of research on cures for psoriasis recently, so I'm pretty sure he will be able to take advantage of them in the future. And I also read an article on tanning beds, in which psoriasis sufferers were quoted as saying that their psoriasis disappeared once they started tanning in a tanning salon.
 kamikazekate
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/21/2006 9:56:50 AM
I read several postings so I wouldn't come off as jumping the gun, but I gotta tell ya...

The guy is obnoxious, passive aggressive, disgusting and yes, did someone say boorish? Tell you friend to have him wear a shirt with sleeves, and long pants. Or tell him not to come. Period.

Your other guests shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable, and I'd get the heaves if this guy sat next to me and wanted me to touch his funky knee. I mean while I'm EATING? Come on, people, let's not be overly politically correct. The guy is gross, and he knows it, he's pushing the envelope and manipulating everybody. I do not think he's a nice, "giving" guy. He's forcing everybody to look at him. He's deliberately pushing everybody's face in it, it's a game for him, daring someone to be offended. You're being used for his amusement.

Or...he's too stupid.
 kamikazekate
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/21/2006 11:02:46 AM
I'm pretty sure this topic is about a houseguest who doesn't care whether he offends or not, not whether people are accepting or not, or whether children are more accepting than adults.

The bottom line is that this guy, in a party / meal setting, would be offensive to the majority of the other guests. I agree with all the others who said he should be conscious of how others feel while they are eating. He should be reeled in by the hostess or the person bringing him. If it was my party, I would insist that the other guest be the one to tell him, or not bring him.
 moraima
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2006 11:31:43 PM
It only makes sense to me not to let anyone be a guest in my home if I am not comfortable with something about that person. I have treated many disgusting skin conditions over the years gladly for people and animals that I care about. However, if I don't enjoy someones company to the point that I would find it stressful being around them, they wouldn't be invited (house guest or picnic). Correct me if I am wrong please, but you don't seem to enjoy being around this person. (This doesn't make you shallow, just means this person doesn't relate well to you.) I wouldn't be washing laundry, dishes etc. for someone I don't like, scabs or not.
 tcky123
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/23/2006 12:39:02 AM
geez motel is like 50 bucks le tthem go there.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:41:18 AM
You know what.. there are some really mean uncaring people around here!!! This man may not realize what he is doing, when people are depressed or negative they are just that way. Whatever you do about this... TRY and be NICE!!! It must be terrible to be in this man's shoes and have to deal with people looking down on him all the time. I have a dear friend with that skin problem and he is down on himself about it and how he looks. But he is just a totally wonderful person, so I love him as my friend... pretty skin or ugly skin.. I was blessed with good skin but I would NEVER hurt a person's feelings because of how they look or because of any type handicap or sickness they have.

Luna.. you have some nice kids to think like they do.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >