Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 171
Smokers: Would you quit smoking for your dreamboat?Page 2 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Not really into smoking at all. IF they smoke i would ask them to never do it around me, or anyone else because of the health effects.

Thats not being shallow, thats being save and I am not afraid to speak out about that. I mean for example, when someone smokes in your car, regardless if they have the window open , it's just not right and it's to be honest even rude.

If the smokers have a serious problem with their smoking , I would try to help them with it if they would want my help and let me to help them, but otherwise a relationship cannot and will not work if there is constant smoking and no intent on quiting even for you partner, and thats one of the decisions i made and it wasn't easy but I couldn't take the second hand smoke going into my lungs while I'm driving or whatever.
 NeverGiveUpNever
Msg: 173
view profile
History
re
Posted: 5/13/2006 10:28:29 PM
Why make such a fuss about smoking. Apparently 50 percent of our pollution in ontario is caused by the coal electrical plants in the states according to studdies. Also the cigs are a big tax revenue for the goverment and a bonus to all of this is the insurance companys can blame smokers on everything and save themselves a bundle. These smoking complaints just feed the big corporate companys to make even more money. Ever go to a huge plant and see no smoking signs. They are spewing out tons of garbage in our air and some small weeding cig is being blamed as the culprit. If you want to be some idiot in society and solely focus on cigs .. do it . .. if you want to have our children and there children have a happy life on this planet in clean air then think for christ sakes. This is only implied to those who wish to condone ciggarettes only and not see the bigger picture.
 Polly_G
Msg: 175
Smokers: Would you quit smoking for your dreamboat?
Posted: 5/14/2006 11:50:45 AM
I would definately give it a try.

I want to quit smoking on my own though, on my own timetable.

I keep trying but I like smoking so its really hard.
 cotter
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2006 10:46:03 PM
@strawberryca ...
Definitely, the right guy would give me that much more incentive to butt out!
Good for you strawberry ... I've been there before ... it does make a big difference in incentive.

Another thing that really helps is not smoking the entire time you are on your way to work, at work, and on your way home. For a lot of folks, that's almost ten hours straight. If you can accomplish that, you're on your way ... believe me.

Good luck with quitting ...

lovableladywanted
Msg: 182
Posted: 5/30/2006 7:02:07 PM
I am a nonsmoker and I do not have anything against smokers but I feel I could answer this question. My guess is no. I have seen many smokers after operations and so forth , the whole 9 yards and they still go back to smoking . Now I am sure that there are rare exceptions. Also , I have seen smokers in cars with young ones , some of their kids even infants and they smoke away in the car and I bet many have smoked even pregnant.That situation is quite sad actually .All in all I do feel sorry for smokers because I can only imagine how hard of an addiction it is to give up .
 paul-34
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2006 12:57:40 PM
actually....yes I would quit, wouldn't be an issue for me.
 YamIhere
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2006 4:01:17 PM
I don't smoke (except the occasional cigarette or fine cigar with a good draft beer), but there's no way in hell I would give it up if I did. If he/she have a problem with that, they should find someone who isn't a smoker.

People need to stop trying to change people and instead find people who match the qualities they desire.
 Ron9
Msg: 234
Posted: 1/1/2007 10:32:25 PM
It would be a major plus - if I ran into “Little Miss Right” and she was a reformed smoker. I would love to have a good reason to quit and as a reformed smoker she would be understanding and helpful.

Smoking is not a very good idea. Not to mention stinky and costly.

subliminal message > geezers have very little time for smoking - they are usually licking “stuff” - get yours today
 fwblooking
Msg: 238
Posted: 1/2/2007 5:08:08 AM
When forced to choose between cigarettes or love.....I feel a bit
sorry for anyone who would choose cigarettes.

Allow me to rebut...

Cigs do not leave you... unless you left your pack in someone's car
They do not tell you that they need space
They do not cheat on you
They aid in concentration by helping you focus

And most importantly, they allieviate stress instead of generating it

Would I quit?

You might as well try to get me to stop breathing.
 MrPantySniffer
Msg: 252
Posted: 1/3/2007 2:31:19 PM
No, I wouldn't quit for someone, I would have to quit for myself.
As an intelligent adult person, who does smoke, all I can say to Studley is that I can't understand an adult in this day and age having a haircut like that....or simply put, couldn't give a rat's a$$ about your idea of intelligence and adult.
Smoking is a choice, everyone knows a doctor who smokes and gives health advice, and I supppose I don't follow the Bill and Hillary saga as you do.
I would respect a girl's wish as to not wanting to be around smoke or smokers.
 bella juliet
Msg: 257
Posted: 1/4/2007 11:35:26 AM
This is the one habit that is a deal breaker with me. I'm allergic to it and grossed out by the smell. If they honestly wanted to quit for themselves and were willing to do it however, I would give them the chance.
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2007 3:13:27 AM
not unless he wanted to replace me with a short tempered dragon then no..... hey if he fell in love with me smoking,why does he want to change me now? If I quit it will be because of me and no one else
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 270
Posted: 1/5/2007 3:25:37 AM
People should try and use any excuse to quit smoking . If quitting smoking for your other half is the answer than any motivation is positive. Ultimately you are doing it for yourself .
 nonsensical
Msg: 300
Posted: 1/7/2007 1:53:23 PM
It's an oral fixation. Find something else to replace it with.
 Iowapaperboy
Msg: 305
Posted: 1/7/2007 5:05:39 PM
In all reality, I quit smoking, because the number of single people in the world who don't smoke far outweighs the number of smoking singles.

So, did I quit for my dream mate? In a way - only because I knew it would make me more attractive to a wider range of people.

And, it saves me tons of cash, helps me sleep better at night, increases my stamina, gives me more energy, and I can actually smell things now.... and taste.

15 days and counting.

-IPB
 Bubbles27
Msg: 317
Posted: 1/11/2007 4:23:25 AM
If a smoker won't quit to save themselves, why would they quit for anyone else?
 ponygrl™
Msg: 320
Posted: 1/11/2007 9:14:09 AM
it's this way, i tell everyone that there's no well in hell that i'm going to quit smoking for any man. my cigarettes are pretty much my sanity stick (as i joke around with saying). if and when i finally meet my mr. right, if he can work with me on helping me quit smoking and stand by my side then maybe i would. with that man helping me, he's showing me that he does have an interest in me, he does have an interest on letting things further with our relationship.

now, there is one man that i'm very interested in and i can only hope that he's been reading my posts. i would quit smoking for you that is if you want me to and you're willing to work with me.......hmmm, maybe i can go to the gym with you to take my mind off of things.
 catman40
Msg: 325
Smokers: Would you quit smoking
Posted: 1/12/2007 5:44:24 AM
In appleton wisconsin . YOU can't smoke in bars have to take it outside . I am not a smoker BUT think of the money you could save plus add years to your life . EVERYONE said that they would lose sales because of this . well , it's 2 years and I have not seen a drop in people who come to karoake shows . The only smoke is from my fogger .
 Bubbles27
Msg: 336
Posted: 1/12/2007 2:42:14 PM
If someone can't quit to save their own life, why in the heck do you think they would quit for you? People who date a smoker hoping the smoker will quit for them are morons. You started dating a smoker, and that is what they are. You can't change them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >