Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Smart Women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PickyProfessional
Msg: 65
Smart WomenPage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
i think most male phd's, md's, jd's, etc. prefer a woman with those same (or similar) credentials AND looks. i know that's my preference in men.
 Rebellious
Msg: 66
Smart Women
Posted: 2/11/2007 3:23:31 PM
I love educated girls, I married the smartest girl I ever met.
 lucilou
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 2/11/2007 4:43:11 PM
Ups!!! uhm!!! maybe thats why smart intelligent and educated women dont get that much e-mail, men intimidated by them. Let me see, am I intelligent ? maybe, and surely I am educated.
 R_U_Perfect
Msg: 70
Smart Women
Posted: 2/11/2007 4:54:35 PM
Is it God Given Intelligence, or Book Learned Education??? My point being and well educated Gal with Well groomed Street Smarts would be just Fine for me...
 lucilou
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 2/26/2007 7:13:08 PM
Nikos? I do have confidence in my looks ,you think I am intellectual and inteligent? I also prefer intellectual man
 molly__blooming
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 2/27/2007 7:50:20 AM
yea nightwing, to me, intelligence is most attractive (without the ego or the intellectual snobbery--yuck). what you say about people getting thru doctoral programs? in my own defense, there "aint no way" i'd have been able to do that (or to even get IN to the program) if i was not reasonably (if not highly) smart.

at the same time, i don't really believe that there are dumb people or smart people.

i believe that there are people who believe they are smart and who identify themselves as smart people, and are thus considered smart by others and indeed seem to be.

and i believe there are people who do not believe they are smart and do not identify themselves as smart people.

i am a big believer in the idea that people are or become what they think they are -- which means that if i thought i wasn't smart, i'd probably have gotten bad grades. and which also means that it is more than likely because i thought i was smart that i got good grades.

i have a plaque on the wall of my office which reads, "believe in yourself and all things are possible."i have had that plaque since my first real job. and cliche and naive as it may sound? i believe it is quite true.

best all!
 mern
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 2/28/2007 11:01:32 PM
For me, intelligence is 75% of what I look for in a woman.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 76
Smart Women
Posted: 3/2/2007 9:33:02 AM

Why would anyone refer to himself/herself as an intelligent human being?
Or Smart, Educated, Wise, etc?...Aren\'t you confident enough to prove such without having to ever say it yourself out loud?

You gotta put SOMETHING in these damn profiles to describe yourself.
 dcx10
Msg: 78
Smart Women
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:56:13 PM
If I am looking for a partner/wife, I want a woman with high EQ. Otherwise, a high IQ is very sexy/interesting.
 ck1time
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 8/28/2007 11:24:09 PM
The smarter the better. Exotic looks don't hurt. Self-evolved a big plus. Married just makes
great long-term-LIMITED friends. "Stars" are good. Congresswomen-types are good.
Normal, avg/hi smarts- w/shapely bods are obviously hot GF/wife material, of course.
Just saying smart doesn't scare me. Unless they're super-controlling, driven to step over anyone for power. I dig the smart, sexy, kinda-principled women. 1 guy's opinion.
 willdo01
Msg: 81
Smart Women
Posted: 8/29/2007 3:22:01 AM
Well, I don't know about the rest of you men, but after checking out appearance, which is automatic, when I meet a woman, I look at her intelect. Some can be incredibly dumb, and some can be awfully bright. I like the bright ones, since dumb
people always bore me quickly. There's really only ONE thing to do with a dumb one, and since I quit smoking, there's nothing to do after.
 SwampHunter
Msg: 82
Smart Women
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:28:31 AM
I absolutely LOVE smart women! In my experience they are usually SO much easier to get along with! lol
 capegardengirl
Msg: 83
Smart Women
Posted: 9/4/2007 11:18:15 AM
"most men find smart women intimidating"

And evern more difficult when you dont know how to play "dumb" nor do you want to learn!...I thinks its a big reason for alot of my rejections
 capegardengirl
Msg: 84
Smart Women
Posted: 9/4/2007 11:24:05 AM
"if they are in grad school, its either ...social work"

Well, I guess Im dumber than I thought I was!...Seriously, your list sounds pretty stereotyped to me....Having never been married, Ive enjoyed my time alone for the past 45 years....I read an average of 3-4 books a month and have yet to meet many men or women who do that who isnt a grad student
 ItsMargo
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:24:30 PM
There are many different types of intelligences... give me someone with curiosity who is interested in different ideas/thoughts and that usually adds up to someone who'll still be interesting to speak with 30 years from now.
 itsmekenny
Msg: 86
Smart Women
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:44:03 PM
why is it that everytime a man don't want a "modern woman" type, he is accused of being intimidated by her? i don't like women who are smarter than me, or makes more money than me, or is stronger than me, or is taller than me. now does that mean i'm intimidated by these types of women? NO it just means i don't have an interest in them. i'm looking for the girly girl with just a touch of tomboy. and that's me being serious. now if i wanted to be funny i would say something like; smart hell, give me the ditzy blonde anyday. i love being a smartass. cause if i don't it, some chick will.

kenny
 fancynanci
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 3/13/2008 12:11:14 PM
I think we scare men.
 KUEngineer4U
Msg: 89
Smart Women
Posted: 4/9/2008 8:54:34 PM
I prefer women who are intelligent. I like a good, stimulating conversation. With less intelligence comes less talk and, soon, less relationship. Women ask what I do and, after explaining, give me the "Deer in the headlights" routine. If you try to explain it further they fidget and find other things to do, like curl their hair or play with their swizzle stick in their drink. At least those who are more intelligent are better at appearing to be interested in what you have to say.

forum101
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/11/2008 12:02:58 AM
I think men are intimidated by women who do not "need" them. Women might love them, and want them. But many women are more than able to function without them. I think some guys tend to look for weaknesses in women, and intelligence / knowledge, is not a weakness.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/11/2008 10:12:59 AM
Eh, Life_of_Leisure, you make a valid point aboout why get all haughty about something (which I think actually was Medena's point).
Picking up on your notion of job...
It is all about compatibility. One man's work is another's man's joy. One person's smart is another person's dumb.
It's all relative to who we are as individuals and how we relate with each other.

I am - ahem - a smart woman who thrives on conversation. It's not a man's job to relate with me... if we aren't on a similar wavelength, then we're not compatible because we don't relate well. Not because of one person's failure... just a poor connection.

If one finds they have a consistent problem relating with people, perhaps they need to sit down and do some self-refection. Perhaps they are not perceiving the problem correctly.
 Smokestack213
Msg: 92
Smart Women
Posted: 9/30/2011 6:19:58 AM
I know I'm replying to this at a much later date but it doesn't matter. I've just noticed that this one existed.

I've dated many women in the past that have books smarts but had no clue on anything else..and found that philosophy was a waste of time.. I didn't stay with them.

A few years a go I dated a woman that is a few years older than I and she had books , life smarts..and had a philosophical views on many things that mattered in life. The only thing is, she was raised that it wasn't proper for a lady to show those side ..(intelligence, intellect philosophic) .

How did I noticed ..well I had a friends get together one night at home ..we were all talking about everything and anything.. I was studying on her body language say behavior when someone spoke.. I could see that either she would agree or not and wished to say something but held back.

My friends had noticed too.. I approached her after the evening and asked her why she didn't say anything even tho she really wanted..She replied that women even tho they have a great intellect , intelligence that they shouldn't speak their mind ....in case of not agreeing with the one she's with.

Well I had told her that with me my friends and family that it is most important, welcomed and proper for a woman to speak or say what's on her mind or how she felted about anything.. It's important . communications is key ....

Now having an intelligent and intellectual woman in my life matter lots especially if she wishes and wants to freely speak her mind say how she feels.. say what she knows.

There's a saying... Behind every great man there's a greater woman. It's what makes the world spin...
to all.
Dan
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Smart Women