Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Smart Women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 molly__blooming
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Smart WomenPage 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Me, I'm so intelligent that I wrote my own IQ test! And did very well on it..

laughing outloud! i like your style! and yes, i think that is the best way to prove our intelligence once and for all!!!!
 molly__blooming
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/27/2006 5:17:46 AM
yea, ditto, texas fool. applies to people in general too, not just in the context of dating... not into showoffs at all myself. have an excellent day!
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/27/2006 6:44:36 AM
Considering President Bush has degrees from Harvard and Yale...nevermind.
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 43
Smart Women
Posted: 4/28/2006 12:10:09 PM
Having dated both intelligent women and those... not so much... I'd much prefer the intelligent ones.

The worst is the one who was ... not so much... and sensitive about it. She berated me for belittling her whenever I told a joke she didn't get... which was almost every joke I told (mostly plays on words or puns).
 sayonara7
Msg: 44
Smart Women
Posted: 4/28/2006 3:17:22 PM
^^^^^^ I smell chauvinism......
 molly__blooming
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/28/2006 7:48:18 PM

Considering President Bush has degrees from Harvard and Yale...nevermind.

indeed, montreal guy, INDEED!!!!
 Gmaverick
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/29/2006 3:08:41 PM
It would depend upon what she uses that intelligence for; Hitler was very intelligent and we all know what he used his intelligence for.

Regarding education, I have to say that I've been pretty much in touch with every "circle" of society and got to know highly educated people from both sexes who are very rude, and have a very disrespectful type of behavior, as well as very kind people with exquisite manners.

And people with hardly some education, or not education at all with same results as above.

So, for me that’s not even relevant, and definitely is not one of the real important things that I would look for.

There are dishonest people in every area of society, some of them are very intelligent and well educated, and some of them are not.

I would add that I agree with the person who wrote this:

"Having been attracted to brains and beauty and number of times I can say say this: as for me, neither brains nor beauty is of much importance. I prefer a woman with a warm heart. I prefer a woman with an inner beauty. I prefer a woman that understands happiness comes from within. I prefer a woman who is basically....nice"
 molly__blooming
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/29/2006 8:34:30 PM

It would depend upon what she uses that intelligence for; Hitler was very intelligent and we all know what he used his intelligence for.

an excellent point, maverick. i recently dated (for a short while only) a guy who was very smart but used his smarts, i came to realize, to take advantage of people (in a finance context) and i didn't like that at all.
 tx_onetrackmind
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 6/12/2006 12:38:03 PM
In any relationship (friends or lovers), if one tries to lord their "intelligence" over the other the relationship is doomed. Almost everyone (I said ALMOST) has their "bright spots". My ex had a PhD, very competent in her field but had the common sense of a shoe. Education does not equal intelligence but it does prove that one can finish what they started. (i may be one of those) Some of the most exciting women I have known have been intelligent but not formally educated. Then there are people skills but thats a different subject.
 PickyProfessional
Msg: 50
Smart Women
Posted: 2/11/2007 3:10:06 PM
i think most male phd's, md's, jd's, etc. prefer a woman with those same (or similar) credentials AND looks. i know that's my preference in men.
 Rebellious
Msg: 51
Smart Women
Posted: 2/11/2007 3:23:31 PM
I love educated girls, I married the smartest girl I ever met.
 lucilou
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 2/11/2007 4:43:11 PM
Ups!!! uhm!!! maybe thats why smart intelligent and educated women dont get that much e-mail, men intimidated by them. Let me see, am I intelligent ? maybe, and surely I am educated.
 R_U_Perfect
Msg: 53
Smart Women
Posted: 2/11/2007 4:54:35 PM
Is it God Given Intelligence, or Book Learned Education??? My point being and well educated Gal with Well groomed Street Smarts would be just Fine for me...
 lucilou
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 2/26/2007 7:13:08 PM
Nikos? I do have confidence in my looks ,you think I am intellectual and inteligent? I also prefer intellectual man
 molly__blooming
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 2/27/2007 7:50:20 AM
yea nightwing, to me, intelligence is most attractive (without the ego or the intellectual snobbery--yuck). what you say about people getting thru doctoral programs? in my own defense, there "aint no way" i'd have been able to do that (or to even get IN to the program) if i was not reasonably (if not highly) smart.

at the same time, i don't really believe that there are dumb people or smart people.

i believe that there are people who believe they are smart and who identify themselves as smart people, and are thus considered smart by others and indeed seem to be.

and i believe there are people who do not believe they are smart and do not identify themselves as smart people.

i am a big believer in the idea that people are or become what they think they are -- which means that if i thought i wasn't smart, i'd probably have gotten bad grades. and which also means that it is more than likely because i thought i was smart that i got good grades.

i have a plaque on the wall of my office which reads, "believe in yourself and all things are possible."i have had that plaque since my first real job. and cliche and naive as it may sound? i believe it is quite true.

best all!
 mern
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 2/28/2007 11:01:32 PM
For me, intelligence is 75% of what I look for in a woman.
 ck1time
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 8/28/2007 11:24:09 PM
The smarter the better. Exotic looks don't hurt. Self-evolved a big plus. Married just makes
great long-term-LIMITED friends. "Stars" are good. Congresswomen-types are good.
Normal, avg/hi smarts- w/shapely bods are obviously hot GF/wife material, of course.
Just saying smart doesn't scare me. Unless they're super-controlling, driven to step over anyone for power. I dig the smart, sexy, kinda-principled women. 1 guy's opinion.
 SwampHunter
Msg: 59
Smart Women
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:28:31 AM
I absolutely LOVE smart women! In my experience they are usually SO much easier to get along with! lol
 ItsMargo
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:24:30 PM
There are many different types of intelligences... give me someone with curiosity who is interested in different ideas/thoughts and that usually adds up to someone who'll still be interesting to speak with 30 years from now.
 fancynanci
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 3/13/2008 12:11:14 PM
I think we scare men.
 KUEngineer4U
Msg: 62
Smart Women
Posted: 4/9/2008 8:54:34 PM
I prefer women who are intelligent. I like a good, stimulating conversation. With less intelligence comes less talk and, soon, less relationship. Women ask what I do and, after explaining, give me the "Deer in the headlights" routine. If you try to explain it further they fidget and find other things to do, like curl their hair or play with their swizzle stick in their drink. At least those who are more intelligent are better at appearing to be interested in what you have to say.

forum101
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/11/2008 12:02:58 AM
I think men are intimidated by women who do not "need" them. Women might love them, and want them. But many women are more than able to function without them. I think some guys tend to look for weaknesses in women, and intelligence / knowledge, is not a weakness.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Smart Women
Posted: 4/11/2008 10:12:59 AM
Eh, Life_of_Leisure, you make a valid point aboout why get all haughty about something (which I think actually was Medena's point).
Picking up on your notion of job...
It is all about compatibility. One man's work is another's man's joy. One person's smart is another person's dumb.
It's all relative to who we are as individuals and how we relate with each other.

I am - ahem - a smart woman who thrives on conversation. It's not a man's job to relate with me... if we aren't on a similar wavelength, then we're not compatible because we don't relate well. Not because of one person's failure... just a poor connection.

If one finds they have a consistent problem relating with people, perhaps they need to sit down and do some self-refection. Perhaps they are not perceiving the problem correctly.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Smart Women