Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Football Teams      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nunthewiser
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Football TeamsPage 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
ok.. first off... can you please call them the lions.. as that is what they have been for 10years now... i think the old bears days have gone... although vossy is in the only last remaining bears player.. the rest are lions.. and they have tatts to show it....lol..

the higher salary cap is for moving fees to get players up here either by themselves or if they have families... the travelling we have to do.... this year is good brissy isnt travelling as much.... but still have to travel atleast 11 games out of state.... compared to vic teams... the salary cap also isnt to make us win grandfinals... what the clubs make off entrance charges to supporters gives them the extra things.. it is the food that is sold at home grounds.. its the memberships sold... the salary cap has nothing to do with how they perform as a team.... it is just to keep players and bring new players in... which we have alot of inhouse state players coming thru.... it doesnt pay how they perform on the game day.... as it is a team sport.. not a individual sport.

edit:... actually no... blisting or rookies only get about 130k a year.... a listing players get anywhere between 240k - 300 which vossy was getting 300k but took a pay cut.... same with others in the club... they make more money for appearances... and tv or newspaper reporting that they do....

oh edit again... brownie... collingwood wanted him... offered him 1.5million for a 5year contract.... he doesnt even get that here... so money isnt what really makes them stay.... they also offered aka over a million.. which he too knoced back.. same with leppa... knocked it back....

i will get the lions annaul financial report and tell ya just how much is spent and what they eart over the year if ya want....
 storm38
Msg: 102
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 4:38:53 AM
tigers up by 9 points three quater time
the funny thing mark is collingwood are the only club to say all this stuff about lions and their salary cap ,,,it wasnt because they lost 2 grand finals was it
 nunthewiser
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 4:44:40 AM
lol. still have a last quarter to go mark.. alot can happen... in 25-30mins... as you have seen collingwood just kicked 6 in 20mins... when they hadnt had a touch and we got infront...

the NRL states get more due to travel... we travel more... vic clubs only travel 6games out of the 22rounds... so if you want to see the salary cap as being an advantage... well so be it....

clubs outside of the homestate that have won the cup won it for being the better team on the ground.... every state has had the cup there a few times now... and vic clubs have been dirty coz of it...

wow look at that... only 2mins into the 4th.. and we have 2 goals....

dont talk too soon...lol.... it might bite ya in the butt...lol...
 storm38
Msg: 104
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 5:11:18 AM
bloody dockers won by 11pts f..king umpires
 Pinkbits
Msg: 105
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 5:16:49 AM
GO THE MIGHTY PIES ANOTHER ONE FOR US
 nunthewiser
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 5:25:41 AM
i dont follow NRL... never have never will... i have only watched NRL if i have someone or i am in a house where they are NRL supporters... i grew up on AFL.. all my life... i know sounds funny coming from a NRL state person doesnt it... but i have... as i have said... dad use to play afl when he was younger from the age of 8 to 26... he is now 56...

loyalty was one thing for brownie... but he didnt get anymore money... he is on the same amount he started on.... so money means shit to the brissy players.... since we have won 3 in a row and went to 4 in a row... alot of players want to come up here....

as for making more money from memberships etc.. yes... but we also have to hire the gabba out from the cricket club... which is 2.4million a year....the lions also had to get permission from the gabba trust to revamp it and put the cooling down pool and gyms etc and the extra sitting....which the lions paid for.... you even go to the local games... and there is heaps of people supporting the local teams.... morningside which is the one i have always followed as that is who dad use to play for.. is the richest in the comp.. apart from southport.. but warwick put in for most of that...

although.. good match... umpiring is always shit when it is shown on nine... Eddie still must have some pull.... but give it to our lions guys that have been knocked out got up and still played on.... poor caparelli... had to get stretchered off... for his knock on the head... but that is what happens when you put the ball under ya chin when ya on the ground...lol.. actually he only played one season for brissy..... if he played more he would have got up and kept playing... the fight was worth it...lol.... but still... if ya get a chance to watch it mark.. you will see what i mean about the umpires and them turning a blind eye to alot of things... like they always do....
 storm38
Msg: 107
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 5:26:02 AM
actually mark the lions salary cap is being reduced ,l think it has already started
 storm38
Msg: 108
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 6:12:09 AM
mark ,,how many players did brisbane take from other clubs ,,l mean buy them off to go up to brisbane ,,,theres only one l can think of mal micheal ,,most of there players started at the club ,,money doesnt win you grand finals ,,,players do ,,,so maybe all the whinging clubs should go out and get better recruiters ...also remember buckley was a lion before he went to collingwood ,,,he left brisbane thinking he was going to play in all these winning grand finalls ,,,its funny how things work out
 storm38
Msg: 109
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 6:46:51 AM
mine and nuns teams lost cant you tell where pissed off lolol
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 10:09:59 AM
poor little country boy mikey took the train home from the game....rail repairs so had to catch a bus to gawd knows where and walked every street of perth trying to find my way home....but what do i care,freo won lol!!!!
 storm38
Msg: 111
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 4:42:54 PM
hmmmmm mickey l was waiting for you to show up boasting lololol
 Ummmmm
Msg: 112
Football Teams
Posted: 6/3/2006 7:16:03 PM
And I have heard religion causes most of the world's wars :p

ocrikeymikey
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Football Teams
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:41:53 AM
if it makes you feel any better,I woke up with a sore head from beer and sore legs from walking EVERY BLOODY STREET IN PERTH....well,it felt like it lol....but Freo won,the price you pay lol!!
 storm38
Msg: 114
Football Teams
Posted: 6/4/2006 4:01:03 PM
lm glad you woke up bad ,,,lolol
l hear the umpires won fremantle the game
but you did win ,,,richmond had richo out and brown and delidio and krakouer
that makes me feel better
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Football Teams
Posted: 6/4/2006 11:54:56 PM
just checked the paper,17-17 for free kicks! We're yet to finish ahead in that stat,I guess the men in white/yellow/green/pink hate us lol!
 storm38
Msg: 116
Football Teams
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:39:06 AM
mikey it was the ones they didnt pay in the last quater
a richmond player marked the ball and it wasnt paid ,,
fremantle goaled and the dockers got a run on ,,,there was a few others
but most teams with home advantage ,,get a better deal
even the wa commentators on the radio said richmond should have got more frees
karl langdon and l cant think of the other bloke
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Football Teams
Posted: 6/5/2006 3:32:52 AM
I dont think any supporter thinks their team gets the frees they should but it doesnt really decide the game.Like I said,weve drawn for frees twice this year and been behind for the rest,but we havent lost a game because of the umpires,weve lost because we were crap lol!!
 storm38
Msg: 118
Football Teams
Posted: 6/10/2006 1:59:04 AM
go the tigerrrrrrsssssssssssssssssssssssss,,beat north
or as there called the kangaroos
 storm38
Msg: 119
Football Teams
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:02:58 AM
lthink hes learned his lesson saloon ,,,
plus hes getting paid a fortune,,,over$600.000a year
l just think we have a good lot of young players coming threw
still a year or two off ...
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Football Teams
Posted: 6/11/2006 1:12:37 AM
And beaten by the Bulldogs....DOH!! Geez,if they get a decent run with injuries next year theyre gonna be a pretty good side!
 suicide is painless
Msg: 121
Football Teams
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:47:27 AM
i'm hoping serbia/montenegro beat the netherlands 2nite
 storm38
Msg: 122
Football Teams
Posted: 6/12/2006 12:10:39 AM
the demons beat the pies ,,quite easily lolol
l can here the sound of footsteps ,,,,hmmmm
 storm38
Msg: 123
Football Teams
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:57:57 AM
split round ,,,chrissy will be happy ,,the crows thrashing the saints
and l just heard,, the cats easily beat the dockers
one unhappy mikey ...................
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Football Teams
Posted: 6/17/2006 2:47:38 AM
Im finding it hard to read the words on the screen due to the tears welling in my eyes lol!!
 storm38
Msg: 125
Football Teams
Posted: 6/17/2006 4:04:42 AM
lolol dont worry mikey theres always next time ,,,
l dont think nun, would be happy at this very moment ,,,
the dogs are doing it easy at this stage
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Football Teams