Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > who would join the army 2day, to go fight the war in Iraq?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SergeantOz
Msg: 26
who would join the army 2day, to go fight the war in Iraq?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
MS - I am not sure if I would or wouldn't join up again. Being an ex reservist we were established to be the supporting troops and could be used for extending forces.

Some of the best forms of training are now done through the ADF and they are world class together with strong work ethics and structure for the outside world. Some of my training crossed over into the real world when I hung up the AUSCAMS for good and moved into a regular lifestyle.

But today it is harder to distinguish opposing forces from friendly forces - the media, fellow ADF troops, or even those opposing o/s service - which makes life more difficult and now with the remnants of Vietnam and 1991 Iraq ......... who knows who to fight anymore ?
 bazzbain
Msg: 27
who would join the army 2day, to go fight the war in Iraq?
Posted: 6/15/2007 3:36:21 AM
Im already off to iraq soon. i think the freedom of all human kind is a reason to rid the world of tirants and terrorests who are simply here to corse suffering to those of the free world. What we have learnt in the two great wars, is to never let the evils of those times such as the Holicorse,, to exsist again any where in the world. If we do nothing and sit back and watch the suffering of people from the safty of our own arm chairs what would we be. Whats sickest, to commit the crimes these people do, or to sit back watch them do it?
One thing I know about war is that you cant mix war and politics, while were out there doing the work the politistions can sit back and say what ever bollox they want, to score points. winning over the hearts and minds of your own people is a part of war,, not forgetting propergander,, such as WERE ONLY AFTER THE OIL. You will find now that we have been fighting in Iraq and afgan, we seem to be flushing out other countrys intent towards us, such as iran who seem to be currently using iraq as a battle field. say no more on that lol... I would suggest you all should understand the reasons for why one person would want to go. we all have are reasons but one goal,, to compleat the job and come home.
 serenex
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/15/2007 10:04:52 AM
^^^^You have my full support no matter what our views are we should be right behind you....For those who know your not there for country flag and all the bullsh1t thats goes with it more for your mates and getting the job done......Down side to that tho is this country hasnt seen the amount of body bags americans have and if that were to happen then things would change drasticly as why we are there..Lets hope that doesnt happen and goodluck
 The Ram
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/16/2007 7:28:50 AM
To ALLLLL, the Ding Dongs, who support George.W or Any war over OIL.......

you must be drunk....
 The Ram
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/16/2007 7:33:38 AM
Love this quote!:
frombazzbain;

"Whats sickest,
to commit the crimes these people do,
or to sit back watch them do it? "

ClumsyOaf
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/16/2007 7:58:37 AM
Problem I see with finishing the job, is that the goal-post's are continually being moved to suit agenda's, want to finish the job? quit fighting everyone else using Iraq as a battle ground, and turn up in these other countries doorsteps and bloody finish it. I'm afraid to say that firstly war on a strategic front IS politics, one group trying to assert it's views on another group, whether they like it or not. Secondly warfare is a multi-billion dollar business, and the goal of any major business leader is to promote more business. I wish you the best, whilst oversea's and hope for a safe return, I've walked a mile in your boots, and will not do so again.
 marleymae
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/16/2007 3:31:42 PM
Would I joing the army?? No. Would I fight in Iraq?? Double no.
I remember when the war first broke out and there were rumblings of conscription being bought back in- I went to pieces. The thought of my beloved brother going to war and being in danger and maimed or killed was terrifying.
I told him that if they bought it back in then I would dope him up to the eyeballs on drugs and break both of his legs so he didn't have to go. Drastic I know but better than losing him in a senseless war.
 dj181
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/16/2007 4:34:13 PM
i just hope that some of the sentiments being expressed on here arent directed at our troops over there...as an ex member of the defence force (i served during the first gulf war in the navy) i know a lot of our people dont want to be there either...but see it as thier duty, and thier job.
 marleymae
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/16/2007 4:40:35 PM
That's right DJ. I rememebr a friend of mine has served in Iraq and I know she sure as hell didn't want to be there.
 Carena28
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2007 9:45:26 PM
If they bring in the Draft you won't have a choice. In the US they can draft men and women over 18 which I heard is coming in soon or may be in already.

The sad part is that they get young unemployed men from poor towns to join up and alot of them have already died.

If Bush and Blair had to fight in the war or any of their immediate family had to fight, I doubt that a war would come about.

Carena
 Robbbyg
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/18/2007 12:21:18 AM
All the boys and girls fighting in Iraq are getting killed by American Weapons.... including American soldiers,

Youve really got to be a Tosser to fight someone elses War

Or just plain Dumb
 SergeantOz
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/18/2007 5:55:20 AM
....... and the other side is just collected in trucks, brain washed into committing suicide and given a pair of sandals in return ............. at least the USA got paid.

I did see an article on a whole town of national guardsman / women who had lost 50% out of the same company - sad for them but also sad for the millions of others who have sacrificed their lives for freedom.

But if these people were to attack our country - who's war would it suddenly become anyway and no we don't need another group like they did in Dad's Army to be protecting our country.
 Faux Pa
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:35:51 AM
bazzbain,
I've read your post with great interest and find much revelation in your words.
There is so much we should talk about but I'm sure you will find your way through it all just fine.
We should all praise you in advance for your diligence and good spirit, but you may have just missed 1970.
Take it easy, eh.

Sincerely,
 Jeff1528
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:58:31 AM
Carena, US is not and will not be holding a draft. Get your bloody facts straight.
You really should consider keeping your pie hole shut if you're going to knowingly spit out lies. Al qaeda started this fight and us yanks are gonna finish it. Don't need or want your approval.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/2/2007 4:46:52 PM
USA and Australia have not had a draft since the Vietnam War era and I think it was Menzies or later, (before my time) who stopped compulsory military service for all men (and some women with hairy armpits maybe).

Can someone older than me (like O.T.M.) confirm that for Australia ?
 Faux Pa
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:57:29 PM
Correct Sarg. The last bout of conscription in Oz was ended when Gough Whitlam came to power in '72.
Gough was elected when I had nearly completed my two year stint. . . Grrrr.

Get your bloody facts straight.

Yes, lets do that.
You may have missed the news that day but the US were in Iraq some time before Al Qaeda.
And given that Australia and the US are allies, and that Carena is a voter here . . yeah, you probably do need her approval, on moral grounds, at least.
Having said that, I wouldn't want to discourage you from finishing that fight. Blind patriots make such excellent cannon fodder, don't they.
 hilly1971
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/2/2007 10:03:25 PM
Message 39.

Good on ya Jeff.
You go big fella.

If it was'nt for stuff like you said i would be unable to shake my head and mutter"only in America" and how empty would life be then?
 Leatheryman
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/2/2007 10:28:10 PM
I personally don't care if shi'ites and sunnis want to kill each other. Who am I to stand in the way?
 SergeantOz
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/2/2007 10:37:25 PM
Thanks Faux - I am not showing my ignorance but I thought it was old Gough (I was only 3 at the time) who ended national service. I know my mother always said she was pleased as my brother would have not wanted to do it - since he was too much of a pacifist to do anything in green.

Leatheryman ................. I just say DUCK .............. and miss all those shots fired over your head.
 bucky140
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/2/2007 10:39:25 PM
Agree with you there Leathery,they have been doing themselves in for hundred's of years.Who are we to tell them what to do.
 Leatheryman
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/2/2007 10:45:30 PM

Leatheryman ................. I just say DUCK .............. and miss all those shots fired over your head.

It's ok OZ. I know exactly where your coming from, and it's probably the army diposals shop.
 CavesBeach
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/2/2007 10:47:20 PM
honestly why are we in Iraq...

I forgot.i remember kuwait and how the USA absolutely kicked their sandy ass's.
was it because of 911.? of the 19 hijackers Fifteen were from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates, one from Egypt, and one from Lebanon...
saddam is dead..the people dont seem to want us there.

I just cant remember what we are fighting for ..
if i had half a valid reason maybe i would wave a flag , but bugger joining.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/2/2007 10:53:08 PM
No it is easier to go online and have home delivery - go to Chinatown and place your order for whatever you wish to order on the side and a free lunch too.
 my nick name
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/3/2007 1:12:55 AM
If was given a choice with a gun at my head to pick between the COW or the groups resisting the forced occupation of Iraq I wouldnt pick the COW.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > who would join the army 2day, to go fight the war in Iraq?