Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Firmbear8
Msg: 5
People getting blocked at helloPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hey thats those easy to use features on here that alot love to use . As yep no better way to be rude then no reply or just put them on block list !!
 Firmbear8
Msg: 8
People getting blocked at hello
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:16:47 PM
Hey anyone can pm me as I don't feel it is rude to pm someone .
But no one does pm me so I don't use this too much on here !
 Firmbear8
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:31:15 PM
Hey same things there my island !!
((instant message or private message )) its still the same!!
 tcvideo
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:32:26 PM
I think it is rude and arrogant to block somebody after receiving their e-mail.It is worse than the dreaded read/deleated.This happened to me once as once I saw the read/deleated and wrote back to give her a piece of my mind and was blocked.I feel we should put these peoples names here on display for all to see.In my case it was LIKEABLE39.Ya right...she is realllllllly likeable.She should perhaps change her heading to DISPICABLE39.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:37:43 PM
Yes no sense being rude in here just because someone puts you on block .
Yes sure it is kinda rude of someone to do that . But depends on what you said as to why they put you on block also.
As being rude with someone then yeah even I would put someone on the blocked list.
 Kiaa
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/25/2006 5:04:29 PM
i most likely have been blocked so many times and i look at this way. they are losing out on a awsome person and if they dont want me then why would i want them? So just remember when someone doesn't want to talk jus tturn the other cheek and say oh well sucks to be them and then find someone ten times better
 Firmbear8
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/25/2006 8:54:55 PM
Hey PM is not email !!LOL
Woooo!! what you drinking over there myisland ???

email is email even on pof !!And email is not a pm !!
 smoochers4u
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/25/2006 9:16:06 PM
Hello i agree with you there, people shouldn't judge a book by the cover.. Hope you are doing well this evening and to let you know i'm new at this forum thingy.. I'm hopeing i don't do the wrong thing on here..

Have A Sparkling Day!!
 Kiaa
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/28/2006 9:03:47 AM
ppl need to be more openminded when it comes to talking on this thing. i am only looking for friends but i talk to everyone who sends me any kind of message.
 uniqueandspecial
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 10:22:16 AM
how so you know some one has blocked you? Or do I need to get blocked to find that out?
 Esperanza143
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/28/2006 11:50:52 AM
I wouldn't block you.....those women are just so mean.....
As for IM's, I assume that people who have their IMs open, do so for quickie hellos and introductions...otherwise turn them off....I do not think it is same as chat room ettiquette where you ask in the room first before you IM someone.
In some cases IM is the only way to contact someone, if they have restrictions on their contacts...ie) must live in USA
 Dehm
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:47:55 PM
I will honestly say I've blocked men. In all cases it was because they failed to read my profile and see that I'm interested in meeting a non-smoker/between the ages of/that I'm bbw(when they state they're looking for "thin" and "athletic"/they do not want children...it tells me they're not truly interested in me, so if they're going to disregard my wants and needs - why should I oblige theirs?
 bluedew
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/8/2006 10:53:13 PM
The only time I blocked someone was for getting rude to me and I still don't know why, or what I did to provoke such rude behaviour from them.
I don't get upset if someone wishes to IM me, if I'm in the middle of something I tell them to hang on or get back to me, I thought that was what it was for, people to get in touch.
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/9/2006 12:00:57 AM
I have an ugly people filter on my inbox. I put it on after I ran out of brown paper bags.
 HamiltonChicky
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:02:52 AM
I'm lucky if I get one e-mail a week from someone, and when I do, it's from someone I don't wanna write back. Usually along the lines "Do you wanna hook up baybay?" Uh, no. Go away.

And im's? Forget about it. I don't get those either. But then again, I think they screw up often. Because I've tried to send a few, and it doesn't even work. Blah!
 stoneside
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/9/2006 7:33:48 AM
I knew this guy. That had a friend. Who was blocked once. Hear it's rough. Somthing you spend all your time thinking about after. Cus like you know, the two people might be soul mates. And it seems that now they'll never know. It's all a very sad story.
 briere_182
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/22/2006 10:28:57 PM
how do you un-block people?
 fishnetting
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/3/2006 9:40:56 PM
I block people all the time.
I have made specific requests in my profile.
To me people are rude for not bothering to read what I am looking for and contact me. If someone is too arrogant to read what i am requesting why should I take the time to give them an explanation on why I don't want to chat with them.

Sometimes I hide my profile so I can read or respond to emails in peace. but to IM anyone I have to unhide my profile. There are a few people that I do IM with. Anytime I am chatting with someone I want to chat with, I get 6-7 IM windows opening from people I don't know. My curser keeps bouncing from window to window making it impossibe to type within the one conversation I am in.
I check the person profile and if they are smokers or have nothing in common with me then I close the window. If they open up the window again.. I block them.
If someone open with a stupid or vulgar remark..I block them.
 Brad29BC
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 3:47:43 AM
I agree, its rude, but who really cares.. its her loss man, and will be her own fault she dies a lonely old grumpy lady ;)
 Celticmist
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/6/2006 7:06:07 PM
Actually I agree with My Island - I like to be asked first as 3 or 4 windows popping up all at once makes conversation on IM a little impossible. I also like to know if someone has at least read my profile before I talk to them on IM.

I have had guys flash me on IM - they get instantly blocked and reported.
I get tired of arguing with young puppies about why I don't want to date them, so I block them - it's in my profile.

I will talk to guys who are polite and if I am talking to someone who asked me if he could IM me - I will tell the ones who didn't, sorry but I am presently talking to someone else - if they don't say something rude at that - I don't block them - if they do- instant block.

Any rude, gross email - deleted unanswered and userid blocked

If you are polite - I will be polite - if you are rude - you are blocked
 danishbleu1
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/31/2007 7:18:02 PM
I have been on this site for a few months now...I think it is ok for someone to IM me or for me to IM someone. I have not been blocked, but have received a rejection that they did not want to talk to me. For most part, I have struck up great conversations through IM and then going onto emailing and eventually meeting. I have also received emails back from someone who did not accept the IM at the time and apologizing, saying that they were just too busy or on their way to work.

So, I guess it works both ways...but I guess when we do chose to go on a Dating site, then we should not take anything PERSONAL...it is just the way the game is played. I think it is terribly RUDE for someone to BLOCK you just because you tried to make contact...so you are better off not chatting with these kind of people.

Good Luck to you.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >