Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > women on this site are kidding themselves      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 27
women on this site are kidding themselvesPage 2 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
And a white haired lady in a blue dress waving a wand!! Some of us have a crack in our glass slippers.
 slewogold
Msg: 28
women on this site are kidding themselves
Posted: 4/28/2006 10:18:14 AM
hey alba..get over it..you bother me..quit deleting me..I have been done with you..dont flatter yourself..BTW everyone this is PROFILE like # a million cuz ol 2 yr. old has me deleted everytime..thinking I am stalking her...LOL..she wishes....now back to the topic....NO ONE IS PERFECT..the problem is is that PERFECTION is an illusion..but it is also a perception...I agree with whoever itwas that says...if you look past WHAT YOU THINK MAKES SOMEONE PERFECT and look at WHAT MAKES THAT PARTICULAR person PERFECT...then I have found that people you would have never thought were a match end up being VERY VERY FUN and compatible...hope this helps out man...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/29/2006 4:47:03 PM
I was fortunate enough to find the perfect man for me. To me he IS perfect, I love him as he is and wouldn't change one little thing about him. I see him as perfect in my eyes and I'm just thrilled that he loves me for who I am, too.
 tcky123
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/29/2006 4:48:05 PM
op we are kidding ourselves?lol you need a big ass make over so stop kidding your self.
 Night Run
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/4/2006 8:35:49 PM
Guess what! That perfect, Hot, no baggage, sweet guy is right here! Great job, great personality (come off a little egotistical at times-it's more pride then anything) Mr. Hopeless Romantic! Great artistist talent! I have it all! Problem is the mindset and hinding behind their own insecurities. Met one woman who couldn't stand not being alone. Jumped on a dating site 10 minutes after her last boyfriend's stuff was moved out in the U-Haul. Said she could live without being in something. Met another who is on materity leave. The internet is a good place to hide. But from me you get the straight goods. I like shooting from the hip. Got to use that journalism degree for something. Blog away! Some on the other hand are looking for someone to take them out of their broing unexciting lives. They think money and looks will do that. Think again.
 Night Run
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/5/2006 7:35:58 AM
I think a lot of women of these dating sites are bitter. they are not happy with the baggage they have or their appearance, etc. My picture scores a 1.75. Come on! I'm much better looking then that. I score a 1.75 because of what I have to say. I'm beginning to believe what the author of this thread says.

There's a woman on here who is a professional and very attractive but scores less then 4 with women, but rate her above 8. They women are not rating appearance they are rating the fact the person is more successful then they are and has some really nice parts. And is in a lacy bra. I met a women on a dating site that I got along with just great and had a lot in common but she was bitter that I was attracted to her cause she was 300 lbs. Look sister if i'm not into you sexually it ain't happening! Same with children. Single moms well you've experienced having children already I haven't. I want to share that experience with my partner for the first time too. If I had a child already different story.

Heck I've been told I was fat and poor more times then I need to count. One ex said, "Jamie no one could ever love me as much as you do...but I want someone with a flatter stomach who makes more money". Hell that hurts it smashed what little self-confidence I had. I had nightmares, bad nightmares, about it for 7 years. Ten years ago I couldn't walk to the store without being exhausted. I was 300lbs. Now women say I have a hot bod. I worked on it. If your not happy with the way you look or your baggage change it. There's nothing wrong with Miss Lacy Bra wanting a hot guy. And there's nothing wrong with me wanting a woman under 30 with a nice bod that has no children. I deserve what I want for working this hard on myself.

If you're playing in one league and want to play in the other. Then work on it to get into that league.

Don't be bitter cause someone has been successful and proud of themselves. People generally hate others who are proud and a little arrogant or egotistical. Because they don't think they can be what the other is. You want it! Work on it!

The author of this thread may be right in many circumstances but he himself has to look in the mirror. What are you looking for? Are you playing in the right league? If you want those in a different league. Then work on it. I've been told people who use dating services generally are people who can't find dates under normal circumstances. There are many insecure people on these sites. I was one myself. That's why I'm not really looking here anymore, cause what I want generally doesn't have a problem getting dates. There are of course exceptions but from experience they are few.

What really bugs me is those that judge by wealth or what a person does for a living. Changing a finacial situation is not that difficult. But changing a person's personality is hard. You can always make more money but jerks will always be jerks.

Miss Catwm is right confidence and security goes along way.
 Night Run
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/5/2006 8:32:57 AM
Yes the "Woe is me" attitude is the killer. When I wine I get no where. I fallback to that sometimes and have here too. But when your confident and secure you can do anything. My friends say I've lost a lot of that insecurity and now have more confidence. Work still needs to be done. You want it get it together!

And all men don't want a woman with big boobs or 5'2" and 98 lbs.

Anything more then a C is too big! And anything less then 125 is way to thin in my books. Women need curves and not just on top.
 itechman63
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2006 3:04:12 PM
If anyone wants to settle, can't you do that in real life in your limited circles?

But here you expand your circle with a chance of the medium of the internet to possibly increase the pool of those things that could potentially make you happiest. When both are happiest, the prognosis for the future is a lot better.

I am not Bruce Willis' better looking kid brother, I don't fly my own plane, I don't boot scoot nor do I Watusi, I am not an ambassador to the UN, I didn't design the international space station, nor when owning my own home instead of renting is a priority will I make a house payment on a Harley. But I try to show who I am in my profile and keep up the "real" if we chat and if I'm not their cup of tea, no offense taken. Don't settle.
 Night Run
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/6/2006 7:12:16 PM
It goes best ways on here. Both men and women have extremely high expections of what they are looking. There are some expeptions but generally those people either get lucky or have had enough and get off of these things. I meet a lot of nice women on a site where they are selling knock-off bags and other stuff. They are real. Aren't looking for relationship but if they connect what the hell. You can meet people on the internet but usually it's on a chat site where you have things in common. It's funny I've said a lot of nice sensentive things on here but people like to pick on my faults, and keep picking and picking. They look at aperson's resume and try to find what they don't like about the person instead of weighing all varibles. They're really nice but they smoke, or have the wrong colour hair, etc, etc. One friend was going out on a date with this guy and she was all freaked out that he didn't have a car. What are you looking for love or a taxi. (just had to throw that in). That's why I say I'm not looking here cause even when I said I was young, went for women closer to my own age, or whatever, it was the same results. One women started the conversation out with she just got a tattoo on here back for here birthday. Lady I really don't like tattoo except on the arm and I want to know if you can bake cookies! People don't like what i have to say many times and don't like how I think. But heck it's fun to stir the pot. And little tougue in cheek makes for a more interesting day. A lot of people here don't want to deal with other people's baggage because they have yet to deal with their own.
 Adelaide77
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/6/2006 10:04:48 PM
There's a big difference between finding someone that is perfect for you and someone who's just perfect. One exists and one doesn't. Why do you care what some women are looking for if you do not fit the requirements? Better to not think about it, and focus on yourself, what you are all about and finding the perfect one for *you*.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:33:20 AM
Ever get the feeling some people start threads intentionally to tick off a whole gender as their only shot at getting attention?
 Night Run
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/7/2006 10:12:15 AM
TANKER001. Bully for you. A lot of people on here want someone to save them from themselves. One 24 year old on materity leave I met was looking for a guy. Yeah right! You'll get sex but no man wants any part of that. One woman wanted someone to takes the reighs in the relationship, cause she could hold it together herself. I ain't looking to control anybody or be anyone's father figure. I want someone to join hands with me give me her heart and take on the world together. Two kids hitchhiking down the road of life together! I want to share all of life'e experiences with. Not someone who has made a mess of her life and wants someone to pickup the pieces. I'm not prince charming riding up to save his princess, but I do ride a horse. I'm the battle weary knight who has had to battle numerous demons, dragons, and trolls to find the path to the princess's castle who has been waiting patiently for me to arrive. So now together me can share in all of live's experiences that escaped me for so long and I have travel so far to find. Some young woman to look up to me and say hell you have had to fight a lot of tough battles, but through it all you have been able to keep your heart, soul, intregity, and innocence to offer me, and in return I have the same to offer you. I wear those battle scars with pride. I've come to the princess's door looking for the joys of life. I carry with me the scares but no open wounds and my baggage has been lost on the journey. I don't sugarcoat the profile, it ain't to good to be true. It's honest, true, and the straight goods. Respect me for what I have to offer and the joys I still with to share and I'll love and cherish and care for you for as long as I can. And if that time is short then lets make the best damn time we can.

And Bigboysback bully for you that you have lost all that weight! Keep the faith! You may have to travel a little farther to the princess's castle.

You may not like what I have to say. Because many people don't like those who grab them by the scoff on the neck and give them a shake! My mother always said, "The truth hurts." And when she was right damn it hurt! But it made me look at myself. A woman I knew I ran down oneside and down the other for the way she was living and the things she was doing. She said, "Your just another man who is bitter that I don't want you and likes bashing women!" Two months later she phoned and thank me for saying all those harsh things because as she said if you loved me so much why are you saying those things. Now I understand I looked at my life and you were right and changed my ways for the better all because of you. Your the first man who truly, truly loved me and knew I needed to save me from myself. Today we are the best of friends and lean on each other like really close siblings whenever we need to.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:50:16 PM
yum Have to agree with you on that!! Your post is full of wisdom and common sense, a pleasure to read.
little mermaid It's fairly obvious, thanks for noticing!!
 Night Run
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:40:43 PM
This thread should have read there are a lot of people kidding themselves on here. It's turn into men bashing women and women bashing back. This is battle of the sexes. I'm not interested!!! If our parents were like this we wouldn't be here now. A was told by a shrink. "People who use datings services can't get dates the normal way because they have issues." The men are just as bad on here. One woman said your the first normal guy I met on here. I got my shit together, dealt with the baggage, got confidence and now I have more women chasing me then I know what to do with!!! Now I can pick the one I want that measures out to my standards. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER PEOPLE!!!! Quit the battle of the sexes. Ladies why do you want a men to always bend over backwards for you? Are you that in secure that you need a man that is inferiour? Why are all the men on TV and in commercials depicted as morons? Without two brain cells to rub together? I want no woman to bendover backwards for me! I what one who understands how tough it is to be a man and respects that a man needs to feel successful.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/8/2006 3:33:03 AM
Some women are here for the nerds.....
~Carrie
 Night Run
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:35:59 AM
[You're a 41 year old (bitter) trashitalkin' cab driver who wants someone 11 year younger, no kids and a tight bod - are you sure YOU're playing in the right league??]

YEP!!!

I not bitter. I"M PISSED OFF!!! And not only at women. At everybody!!!! This stinking, self-centred, drug infested, sexually exploited society we live in!!! 90% of it is trash.

If you think I'm going to be cab driver all my life your sadly mistaken! I'm talented artist, musician, poet, and writer. I sold my first painting for $1200. The world is at my feet! I'll build that legacy and I'll be in the history books and a few art museums around the world.

I'm a sweet, passionate, compasionate individual-but that's reserved for those that deserved it! Not bitter 30-40 something that or even younger many times that screwed up their lives with some loser that a good talker, who is great at a party and drives a nice car! Sorry sister's you missed the boat! When I was 25 struggling to find the right career path to take me greatness! You weren't interested! Sweet talking, conformist, nice looking, Mr. Bigmanoncampus it was what you ladies were interested in. You keep them now! They have gotten fat, slap you around, call you fat and old, cheat on you, and treat their kids like crap. And still get drunk and party like they did in college!

When the daughters of those people that I grew up with tell me no one cares about anybody they are just in for themselves and everybody gets divorced and hate each other, or my daddy is an alcoholic, or doing Extasy changed my life for the better. I think you screwed up!

I just want what those other idiots had that I never was able to get! I deserve to enjoy the pleasures those idiot Mr. Bigmanoncampus got and didn't appreciate it! There's more to it then that. I told my close friend about it last month. She was the first person I could open up to on this. I had to write down cause I had a hard time even telling her. And she looked at me (and in her exact words) said, "You are a truly most wonderful man." With my wife got old and fat and wrinkly I still love her til the day I die. I just want to experience the joy of being able to love her and share experiences with her when she was young and beautiful. I EVEN HATE THOSE HOT BOD CHICKS ANYWAYS! Superfiscal, stuckup, and totally into themselves. I dated a model! It was terrible. Give me a young woman with a nice figure, a good heart, and wholesome personality and I'm quite happy. More then quite! GIVE ME MARY-ANN and tell Ginger to stick it in her ear!

And what's wrong with being a cabbie anyways! I make more money then my buddy who spent 6 years in university and has student loans coming out of his ears! I owe $27,000 on my mortage that's it! No credit cards, no car payment, no students loans, no allomony payments! My friends are incredibily jealous! My cabbie buddy and his wife spent a month in Hawai'i last year. His wife is a cashier at a pharmacy! How many of you can say that! Watch "Taxi Driver" with Robert De Niro, in the opening frames he says he makes $150-200 a night and that was in the 70s! Last night I made $100 and that was in 7 hours on a Sunday night when everything is closed! And that was 7 hours from the time I walked out my front door til the time the owner dropped me off at my front door in the morning!
 Night Run
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:49:26 AM
NOBODY SAID A DAMN WORD YET ABOUT THE PAINTINGS!!!! That how much these people really are interested in looking deep into a person and getting past the cover. I'm not plastic and you can't see through me!
 Night Run
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:27:08 AM
And one more thing Hunny Bunny!!! I asked that woman friend that I ran down to come over a couple of springs ago and bring her little girl with her. We went to the park and I played with the little girl and talk to her mother about the new guy she was dating. She said she loved him but didn't like the fact that he drank too much and his bed smelt like his dog cause lets his dog sleep with him, but he made a lot of money and was fun. We came back to my house and I pulled out my old toy cars and played "Cars" with her little girl because the women's former boyfriend was always around cars. I took them home with two bunches of lilacs. They were my mother's favorite and our house always smelled like them every spring. The day I had asked the woman to come over with her litle girl was my mother's birthday. Now tell me I'm a bitter insensitive jerk that's out of my league?

By the way, my farmer uncle was a tough talking S.O.B as well!!! Every Sunday he would go down to the pond and feed the birds.

That women now has a son with the guy that drank too much. He used to get drunk and throw things including her daughter's new bike across the road one day and broke off the training wheels. They are no longer together and now she has 2 kids from two different deadbeat dads!!!!
 whousthat
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:15:11 AM
Actually, I think we all kid ourselves. We post our profile here and most of us are honest about it but even though we are honest, we are biaised. Also when we read other people's profile we filter what we read with our own experience. So assuming we are dealing with two honest people we start with person A posting an honest profile filtered by his/her experiences. Person B will read and filter that profile as well so that you often end up with "mythical person C" being perceived.

Another thing I realized long ago, which the original poster may not have, is that feelings do not become mutual by one way desire. If I read someone's profile, like her pictures and think that she is 100% match for me and I write to her, there is no guarantee that I will even match 10% of what she is looking for. If I got "unread/deleted" or "read/deleted" and only looked at it from one side, it would seem unfair. But if we look at it from another side, that someone wrote me saying I'm her soulmate and perfect for her and when I read her profile I do not agree, am I obligated to write her and go into a relationship? Heck no! So why expect the others to do that?

Whousthat
 Night Run
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/8/2006 10:05:23 AM
[Night Run...why are you subjecting yourself to that...it's time to move on...by her telling you she was in love with the drunk then having his baby should have been the clue for you to hit the bricks sweetie....

She doesn't deserve YOU...It's obvious that she's a loser and wants a violent drunk rather then a guy who can truly love her... now get moving and find that sweet girl that's looking for you on here.....there's soooooooo plenty of fish in this fishbowl looking for a man like you!!! ]

WHAT!!! A woman who actually likes what I have to say!

We had a relationship before that. She's been like a sister to me since then. She picked me up so many times when I down, hurt, and justing hating myself, and no one else had a kind word to say. I help her a lot too. She has been so badly mistreated. He mother used to break plates over her head when she was a little girl in the bathtub, and beat her up. This woman slept on a mattress full of bugs when she was little. Her stepfather sexually abused her from 8 to 13, and he first boyfriend kicked her down a flight of stairs, and she hemoraged, when he found out she was pregnant. I just brought her over that day to let someone who cared about me enjoy the flowers that my mother could no longer enjoy. There was no one else to give them too!!! My mother's birthday falls on the first day of my first three weeks of holidays. There will be a number of bouquets of lilacs in my car the night before and every women that gets in my cab will get one.

This women said the same thing that she doesn't deserve me. "I can't give you what you want. I already have stretchmarks. You find yourself someone you can give stretchmarks too and share in her first pregnancy. You have to!!! You would make the best husband and father in the world!"

But according to most of the women here I'm bitter, old, and have nothing to offer!!!!

One more thing. If I had never met her I would not be where I am today. Just read!!

1. She broke my heart.
2. I turned to gambling
3. Lost my life saving and almost my home and almost my freedom. (lying to a credit card company)
4. Almost lost my life
5. Got help Gramblers Anonymous
6. Became depressed was being treated for that depression
7. Had to take out a mortage to pay my bills
8. Rejected by the mortage company for mortage insurance because of my depression and MY HEIGHT AND WEIGHT PROPORTIONS (6'4", 250lbs, the quarterback of the Cincinnati Bengals is 6'5", 255lbs)
9. Called my house insurance company
10. They sent over an agent who had had similar and more troubling experiences with women and I explained why I was depressed and my financial problems with my job
11. He was a former cab driver suggested I become one

If any of those things had not taken place. I would be still driving as a courier with the financial problems and the depression and prehaps the grambling problem, and completely insecure and feeling completly hopeless. Or maybe 6 feet under and pushing up daisies!!!
 stoneside
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/8/2006 11:00:57 AM
Everybody on this site is "shopping". Because the men out number the women, the women get to enjoy the "shopping" a bit more. Guys, if the ladies out numbered us, we'd be doing the same thing. It's not about genger, it's about choices. The women have more to choose from, nothing more.
 PsychoMagnet
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/9/2006 12:12:41 PM
I don't blame them, I want to best possible match that I can find. This on-line media has opened up a huge (almost over-whelming) market for people looking for companionship.
It's definitely a double edged sword, if you hold off long enough, that perfect person may
pop up....... "Use the Force Luke"
I am guessing my perfect match is somewhere in ......Washington State or California... LoL
 Billbug
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/9/2006 12:26:00 PM
to I am built to last...

I couldn't have said it better. If men had that attitude we would be called players.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > women on this site are kidding themselves