Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > women on this site are kidding themselves      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Beholder
Msg: 143
view profile
History
women on this site are kidding themselvesPage 22 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

It is extremely easy to attract women on here, as there are that many who will contact you; best thing is to write an honest profile about who you really are, include a photo of who you really are (not of tattoo's, cars, or other pieces of society) and you'll see an unbelievable amount of responses.

I hate to say this, but that sounds incredibly naïve; you only need to barely skim the forums to see that's not the case.

Ideally, yes, I'd be very happy if that were true - but until pof can implement a checkbox on the search page that says "only show honest profiles with real photo", even the women genuinely interested in a relationship are going to have to deal with the overwhelming number of men available (which of course contains the requisite players/liars/cheats, etc).

However keep hope alive - if you're right we should see the forum traffic take a huge hit as people somehow find themselves almost exclusively contacting only people that won't cause pain down the line (and not repeatedly having the topics pop up that go along with it, of course).

Yep, my mailbox should be flooded any minute now...
 ItsMargo
Msg: 144
view profile
History
women on this site are kidding themselves
Posted: 10/28/2007 3:51:05 AM
Well, personally... I was just looking for a pervert who presents well.

JoeBob... you're not factoring in that forum posts increase email traffic... there must be way more lurkers than there are posters. I've always thought your review (yeah, I checked out your profile when you first started to post) was a particularly clever technique that stood out and left plenty of things as conversation starters. A "show how I think" rather than "tell who I am" (although I think how someone thinks is far more revealing about who they are). Wow. I'm disappointed to learn you blundered into it rather than the impressive manipulation I had interpreted it as (and given you credit for). Kind of like discovering the wizard is an old guy behind the curtain. Or there is no Santa Claus.
 NancyC123
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:49:58 AM

Too funny, SunnyDays68!!!
 joebobbriggs
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/28/2007 11:40:22 AM
Start a thread Li202 -- ask men and women about how many emails they receive over a given time period. Ask them how many of the emails they send get answered.

I have read these kinds of threads for many months and it is nearly always the consensus that POF men receive very few unsolicited emails from women --- very few.

Since you challenge me --- then start a thread and prove me wrong LI202.

JoeBob
 joebobbriggs
Msg: 147
Posted: 10/28/2007 11:48:36 AM
blonde_4_u

I responded to OP's thread topic -- "women on this site are kidding themselves".

I don't date men - so I know little about how they really interact PRIVATELY with women.

I only know what men SAY they do in groups of guys talking in a sports bar or something like that. And well - what men say in that type of venue - is not always believable.

I'll let women comment of what men do as far as kidding themselves.

Over the years I have seen some pretty average guys walking arm in arm with some knock out women ---- so who knows. These guys were probably rich - hehehehehe.

JoeBob
 Beholder
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 2:49:20 PM
Clearly you didn't get what I was going for.

It is incredibly easy to read through people's profiles and see who is being honest, and who is trying to simply draw attention.

Even when someone can distinguish which profiles are "the real thing", many women can't spend the time (or aren't willing) to dredge through the thousands and thousands of guys to find them.

I'm sorry that most of you guys strike out on here, and feel the need to lurk on these forums to see who you can voice your opinion against; perhaps if online dating is that useless for you then you could try real dating? If this place was as dead as most of you guys on the forums here say it is, and all the girls are as shallow and hopeless; then why are you still here?

On the contrary, a lot of the women here seem really great - but even they still deal with the "shotgun approach" guys sending out a hundred generic messages a day, and the deceitful guys that know how to make themselves appealing. With no way to filter to find who's genuinely looking (which of course is impossible), the onus ends up on the women to be willing to spend the time combing through with the advanced search, or at least properly looking at every mail they receive without giving up in frustration, or just picking which to read based on the attached picture.

I'm still hoping pof works, but maybe I just haven't been on here long enough to become completely jaded yet.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 149
Posted: 10/28/2007 6:40:57 PM
I'm kind of confused. I don't think the women on here are looking for a perfect man, I think perfect men scare women. If they were looking for Mr Perfect I wouldn't still have a profile on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:06:10 PM
there are 400 women on death row? How can you email them? There might still be hope for me

Sorry JJ I have some ladies in waiting, about 400 to shoose from too
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 151
Posted: 10/29/2007 6:57:54 AM
JJ I have a idea for a new dating site, POP AKA Plenty Of Prisoners. Under where is asks what you are looking for the options could be;

Looking for long term relationship (serving 10 years or more)
Looking for short term relationship (serving 5 years or less)
Looking for terminal relationship (death row inmates)
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 152
Posted: 10/30/2007 7:22:17 AM
mlsaarln............ Why not charge for the shots? If women are gullable enough to fall for this ploy I'm sure we could turn this into a lucrative venture. Then you, janice and I can fly to Bahama and enjoy the proceeds on a white sand beach while drinking rum until you both want me!!!!!!!!!!!!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/30/2007 2:26:24 PM
Why is it wrong to be picky? Personally I think its a good thing. There are things I want and everyone doesn't fit into them, just the way I'm not what some people are looking for. It doesn't make either of us too picky. I wouldn't want a woman to date me if I'm not really the kind of guy she is interested in. Isn't that just playing a game and misleading someone? Its what so many people complain about!!!!!

In order for someone to be good for you and for things to work you would have to be good for them too, right? It doesn't mean you need to be perfect but it does mean you possess most of qualities they are looking for. Just because they might be what you are looking for it doesn't mean you are what they are looking for. If you settle for less than what would make you happy then it wouldn't be fair to yourself or the other person. It would be a loss for both people and hurtful as well.

If finding the right person to be with was easy this site wouldn't have half the people who are here. I imagine a majority of the people here are divorced or have been in a LTR. Maybe we need to be more picky!!!!!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 154
Posted: 10/30/2007 2:34:20 PM
"does this require a bikini.. ( lord tell me it doesnt mean the bikini!!!)"

Naw JJ, you don't have to wear a bikini, its a nude beach

You might not be attracted to me but I think we sure would have a hell of a good time, 2 smartass people laying on a beach, drinking, being stupid on purpose and everyone passing by thinking we were insane
 R_U_Perfect
Msg: 155
Posted: 10/30/2007 3:44:51 PM
Actually The Women of POF are being 100% TRUE UNTO THEMSELVES!!!

THEY ONLY LIE TO EVERY MAN THEY MEET,REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEIR REAL INTENTIONS ARE...
 txblond1
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2007 7:03:15 PM
I try to be friends with every one I meet. Mr. RIGHT might be the one I did not care for at all at first. Mr. Wrong may be the one with a fake profile. I try to give every man a chance. I have also tried to fix all my baggage. No problems, that will hold me back when I find one I like. Or likes me...

But what do I know I could be wrong..........Dennis Miller
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2007 10:43:14 PM
why worry about that? they aren't going to find that on a dating site over internet anyway.
i mean the odds are not real good at least.
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2007 10:45:29 PM
i do not lie to anyone.
but i sure meet men who can't handle the truth!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 160
Posted: 10/31/2007 9:52:28 AM
"If I have to go to another country to find a mature woman,that has a good head on her shoulders,that is not all about wanting the perfect image of a guy,then that option is there!"
This is so true, there are women who are so desperate to leave the country they live in they don't care what kind of a man from America helps them get a green card!!!!! Then having that good head on her shoulders she leaves the idiot who made it possible as soon as they become a citizen.

BBL I need to write to some producers to see about making a TV show where Rambo comes out of central park, shoots the women on "Sex in the city" and then goes after "Desperate Housewives" since we all know that shows are how real life is!!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 161
Posted: 10/31/2007 1:53:50 PM
"If a woman was to marry an American man from this country the minute she divorces him that green card is taken!"

Maybe you should read what I said. I said they get divorced after they become a citizen. Maybe you need to brush up on Homeland Security Laws (which took over INS).

"actually not many women in other countries are subservient,many are just as independent but without the baggage,and head games,along with out being with like 100 guys!Because they actually have values and morals"

From what you said earlier I question your morals and values for being with these women you say have been with a 100 guys.

"And as far as TV shows where do you think most people get there brain from!?"

This is obviously true for you but I don't think its so for most mature adults, male or female.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 162
Posted: 10/31/2007 3:21:14 PM
"This is so true, there are women who are so desperate to leave the country they live in they don't care what kind of a man from America helps them get a green card!!!!! Then having that good head on her shoulders she leaves the idiot who made it possible as soon as they become a citizen"

druidon, read it again you mental midget, its says after she becomes a citizen. Wanna borrow my glasses? I moved here for a different country, I was married and got divorced, I have been through the system and know how it works. The things you have been posting seem to indicate you are on drugs or are just a jaded jerk. My guess its the maybe both though from your futile comebacks. It is commical though, I can hardly wait to see if you grow a brain soon.
 ladydi98502
Msg: 163
Posted: 10/31/2007 8:13:36 PM
I agree, Daisy. Each man is perfect in his own way, and there is a woman out there for him.
 CanonCamera
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Baggage?
Posted: 11/1/2007 4:42:32 PM
Baggage, friends who love you for more years than your marriage
You children, parents?
Jobs, and life experience.
If there is a sexual act that was done to you, one that you don't want repeated, that is baggage!

Get over yourselves folks, I am a really nice guy with great friends and family.

But, they are not my lovers, so I look for a lover and you say I have baggage? Are you really so vacant?

This is what makes memories. I wanted them with my wife, after many years I couldn't deal with a person who doesn't feel these are the building blocks of our marriage. So, I filed and divorced, once my kids were launched.

Should I jetison 3 great children on the chance we might be a couple?

I don't want you and you don't want me.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2007 9:04:41 AM

why would I possibly want to be with a man who DOESN'T have his shit together?
 kb0096
Msg: 166
Posted: 11/17/2007 9:12:33 AM
I just think the whole dating thing sucks...getting tired of it...Haven't met a decent guy yet.....I would rather be alone than put up with all the BS.....Just my opinion..
 Pisces619
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/17/2007 7:19:08 PM
Dont know why the OP had so much trouble with the opposite sex... got a real nice shine on the ol' chromedome...
 Pisces619
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/17/2007 7:20:54 PM
OP- needs the Donald Trump combover? Sheeeeeetttttt.......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > women on this site are kidding themselves