Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do nerds actually have girlfriends?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 31/2%
Msg: 176
Do nerds actually have girlfriends?Page 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I am, have always been, and shall forever remain a female nerd. I didn't get asked out in high school. Was called names like "Book worm" and "Einstein" and generally just blended into the background. Then I got my game on, I still am a nerd but I dressed it up a bit over the years. Nerd just means "well educated' whether formally or self taught. So don't dis the nerd, we rule the world. Just look at the new president.
 31/2%
Msg: 177
Do nerds actually have girlfriends?
Posted: 6/30/2009 10:09:30 PM
That isn't being a 'nerd', that's just being stupid.
 User4035
Msg: 178
Posted: 7/1/2009 2:42:37 AM
dude, your 6 foot 3inches. Go out in public and smile alot.

Heck, go up to a girl and say this as your opening line. "hi, my name is mat, I'm 27 years old, and I'm tall."
Don't act like 'a man', act like 'THE man". And You'll do fine.
 MichellefromLtown
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:47:44 PM
ok, lets clarify what you believe are nerds and thugs...
A very dear friend calls himse;f a square and we both enoyed Notorius...and big Johnluv AINT square and he had a bad accident last night and is in the hospital.
A man who appreciates rap music does NOT make him a thug... Just as a man who smokes a pipe does NOT mean he is enjoying weed...

Cmon Steven, it is 2009, I do not partake in weed OR nerds...I dig a beer or a glass of wine

Chelle
 MichellefromLtown
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:29:44 PM
If you know Johnluv, say a prayer for him (at least send some love)...He is a good man who calls me every day to see if I am well... His heart is 100% pure gold

all female nerds please send him love;
cmon sisters, even if you are not nerdy or square send big john love

Chelle chilling at Chellescrib :innocent

peace:
 Working Title
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/1/2009 11:50:25 PM

World of Warcraft level 30 human mage

Well if you were a nerd you wouldn't be bragging about a lvl 30 mage...

(oops now I'm letting my nerd show)
 Pashune
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 12:27:50 AM
I never was into reading books but I fell in love with instruction manuals.. right down to the very warranty explanations and patent numbers...

I also..

- Know how to negotiate a 4,000 ft. 802.11g link
- Can build a computer out of junk parts in someone's trash..
- Own 3 routers and several other computers that were thrown out. All were useful in the end.. except for the burned out power supply and the proprietary Dell PSU.
- Want to make an LED-based picture for my girlfriend.. someday.
- Made my own 300 ft. patch cable.
- Spent way too many years on MapleStory before I realized how crappy it was.
- Haul my computer wherever I go for sleepovers.. until I can afford another laptop. It's a full size ATX tower with 2 hard drives.
- Enjoy anime conventions

I'd list some others.. but I'm too sleepy.

As for the OP, if a nerd like myself can get a girlfriend, then so can you.

Though, I might fall more into the geek category.. since I know very little about programming.
 MichellefromLtown
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 4:53:29 AM
I only speak english and ebonics rotflmao

Chelle
 MichellefromLtown
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 5:06:49 AM
I read my bible; the meek (not the geek) inherits the earth

Chelle
 Scott13372
Msg: 185
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:22:40 AM
Some nerds do have girlfriends, and I always like to think of ourselves as the best catches :). Sort of shy, typically will do well for themselves and no one knows about it, and usually not TOO fat. Usually girls have to show serious interest first before we stop thinking about World of Warcraft for 5 seconds. I've been settings where they've had to go "so you're just going to let me sit here" then I go "oh!"

By the way, doing IT for a career and being a nerd are two different things. I noticed the mention of technical acumen as a standout trait of a nerd, but I've ran across everyone in the professional IT setting from bikers to doctors. Anyone worth their weight can do a wireless 4000 ft wireless link up. Called just get repeaters and encrypt the data in something higher than regular WEP. :).

That is all.
 Ifeellucky
Msg: 186
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:55:50 AM
some nerds are very sexy.... women should get to know them.... all that pent up energy from using thier brains.....
 MichellefromLtown
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:42:39 PM
Again, I am feeling rather 'punny' this evening; if you have heard this before
Tne meek (not the geek) inherit the earth...

rotflmao

ylees
Msg: 188
Posted: 8/3/2009 2:44:50 AM
My unrequited love is a wonderful nerd. We spent a lot of time together for about 4 months (but I was interested in him for a long time before that) but he wouldn't make any real moves and seemed rather stressed out whenever I tried to nudge the relationship forward, so eventually I gave up and suggested we just be friends then.

So, he doesn't have a girlfriend, but that's his own choice.

Hmm, we are really just facebook and phone friends now ... ever since the 'just friends' conversation he has avoided seeing me in person.
 MichellefromLtown
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 5:12:12 PM
Ladies, Johnluv is a 100% genuine prince

:
 Nerdhead26
Msg: 190
Posted: 8/3/2009 5:32:04 PM

Nerd=academically excelling (think the brains from Saved by the Bell)
Geek=adictions to gaming, magic, anime, collecting strange things.
Dork=Silly, slightly socially inept (tends to make a fool of themselves willingly to make friends).

I'm all of the above
 robfish
Msg: 191
Posted: 8/3/2009 6:32:53 PM
I have an IQ of 145 according to the tickle site (not sure about the accuracy of these tests), have played computer games in the past that include the good old D&D, and hit the online poker and pool rooms when I get bored, I talk to other nerds, I find shows like Seinfeld funny, does that make me a nerd? Does it even matter? I have had great experiences and some very meaningful relationships in the past and it has absolutely nothing to do with a label, its about who I am as a person.

People are attracted to different things, some like intelligence or a good sense of humour while others will simply base their dating decisions solely on looks. The sweet funny "nerd" is more likely to find a girlfriend over the "nerds" that whine about having no luck with women. Put the labels and the negativity away and stick to it and maybe someday you will find someone too.
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 7:30:57 PM
Being a nerd/geek definitely is not your problem, being an online game addict is. How long has it been since anyone saw more than the back of your head surrounded by a computer monitor halo?
 EdwardnotCullen!
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 8:24:45 PM
They do have girlfriends. The ones I have seen are pretty beautiful women with the guy. My ex was pretty good looking way out of my league. But I got her by making her laugh.
 Jonzie777
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 10:45:26 PM
im a g33k not a full blown nerd..i did have a girlfriend for six years but now that im back fishing im finding it hard to say the right things when im at work i get flirted with alot but they ALL have boyfriends its very confusing...i agree with the strike..next office girl to flirt with me while there is a picture of there boyfriend on the desk is getting there login's deleted...hahaha no really i might..well maybe not but still the rebel feeling is there!
 Pashune
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:53:28 AM

Anyone worth their weight can do a wireless 4000 ft wireless link up. Called just get repeaters and encrypt the data in something higher than regular WEP. :).

I didn't use any repeaters though.

As for security, well, I was out of town.. and well.. it's not my fault they left their linksys unsecured! I'm innocent I tell ya! Innocent!

And my old Netgear 802.11b router (serving as a switch/access point ONLY) uses WEP; WPA isn't available on it.. and my DS won't do WPA; plus.. I seriously think I'm the only hardcore geek in town aside from my ex's brother who lives on the other side of town. Who in Gautier, MS, uses linux anyway? If I moved to a big city like Chicago or NY, I'd definitely move to WPA mind you.
 SMR87
Msg: 196
Posted: 8/7/2009 9:15:11 AM
I'm not really very nerdy, but I definitely have been attracted to nerdy guys. For me, intelligence is SUCH a turn on, so when a guy can teach me something and I can teach him something in return it makes me happy. Not so much into the "dorks" or "geeks". I know nothing about video games or sci-fi or anything...and I'm not interested in it at all. Great for those who are.

The last guy I dated was very bookish, and I thought that was a really attractive quality.
 blizila
Msg: 197
Posted: 8/7/2009 8:44:57 PM
I'm a proud nerd, and I've had four relationships, two 6mo and two 1 year long. Since I became interested in dating in high school, I got through 17 rejections before someone I liked went out with me for a week before demanding we go back to friends and then another 10 rejections before getting a second girl. The other two actually asked me out!

Once you get over the labels you put on yourself and stop trying to grab on to how you're "normal" you'll be happier. Be yourself and express and cultivate parts a more social you. When I walk around by myself I enjoy seeing if ATM's have card skimmers, I take pictures of public terminals that have BSOD'd, and I follow wires with my eyes and wonder what I info I could get off of them if I just had a alligator clip, my eee, and some time alone.

When I'm with someone who isn't technologically oriented I talk about movies, cooking, the things I like to do and see and slowly orient them to technology. As far as the term nerd goes there are tons of girls out there who are tolerant or even looking for nerdy guys! The problem is, some people think and pride themselves in being Mountain Dew chugging, D20 bling wearing, dorito stained 3 wolf shirt nerdy which most people (myself included) think is just gross. Girls like the smart, witty, sweet, good listener types but what I think they miss is that there are non-nerds like that too and there are definately nerd jocks. Anyone who's seen movies making fun of nerds (trekkies, fanboys) will see the jock personality can exist in a nerd body too.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 198
Posted: 8/8/2009 12:59:46 AM
No, nerds cannot by definition have a girlfriend. Therefore we (ok I'm also an athlete) must either "fish" for one using the right bait or build one. Building an android can be fufilling. But always remember to unplug her before "fitting" in your hardware! Zap...
 VinylMusicJockey
Msg: 199
Posted: 8/8/2009 8:02:50 AM

No, nerds cannot by definition have a girlfriend.

So, you mean these poor guys never get together with "nerdettes"? Is the same thing true for the "geeks" and the "geekettes"?

Seriously, a friend of mine is the poster child for nerds and not only did he had a girlfriend, he also married (and was later proposed to by a very attractive woman who had regrets about not asking him earlier). When I saw the picture of the women I nearly fainted!

I think like everything in society, some people "get it' and some people don't. I've seen people who were attracted to people with smarts and I've also seen people attracted to those with lesser intelligence. I think it's more lack of the "social graces" that prevent many nerds from dating or having social interaction with the opposite sex.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 200
Posted: 8/8/2009 9:31:31 PM
vinylmusicjockey on 8/8/2009 11:02:50 AM

Subject: Do nerds actually have girlfriends?
"No, nerds cannot by definition have a girlfriend"

So, you mean these poor guys never get together with "nerdettes"? Is the same thing true for the "geeks" and the "geekettes"?

Seriously, a friend of mine is the poster child for nerds and not only did he had a girlfriend, he also married (and was later proposed to by a very attractive woman who had regrets about not asking him earlier). When I saw the picture of the women I nearly fainted!

I think like everything in society, some people "get it' and some people don't. I've seen people who were attracted to people with smarts and I've also seen people attracted to those with lesser intelligence. I think it's more lack of the "social graces" that prevent many nerds from dating or having social interaction with the opposite sex.

=========================================================

Ack it was my bad sense of humor. Where is that comic I hired to write my stuff! He' fired I tell you. Fired. :) My bad and to all my nerdoms out there, we shall strike tonight at...oh wait it's already Sunday. Cripes...ok switching over to Zulu time...now
we have to hack back into those computers...

Never mind. I agree with what you are saying since I have Aspergers (high functioning
which means ladies my tongue has 50,000 more nerve endings than the typical man...)
For me it's more of a lack of a woman who wants to be experimented on...ok I won't tie
your handholds too rough ladies...any takers?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do nerds actually have girlfriends?