Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do nerds actually have girlfriends?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wicked_Cricket
Msg: 167
Do nerds actually have girlfriends?Page 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I don't think it's the tech thing that is scaring off women. It's your bad attitude. I know SEVERAL computer techs who are in relationships or married, with children.
Women are generally NOT attracted to sullen men with lousy attitudes about themselves & the opposite sex. Be proud of who you are. Be proud of what you do.
IF you don't like yourself, how can u expect anyone else to? If you don't like your career, only YOU can change it.

Cricket
 MichellefromLtown
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Do nerds actually have girlfriends? Not this gal anymore
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:29:55 AM
R there any available UNMARRIED nerds on line at plenty of fish today? My pc is ed up right now....My yahoo messenger aint even working :(:

good riddance to bad stanky rubbish
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 169
Do nerds actually have girlfriends? Not this gal anymore
Posted: 1/23/2010 5:21:00 PM
there are a selected few girls who are attracted to nerds. you will need lots of luck finding them. i had a few random girls harass me on the streets when i was a nerd saying things like "i love you" or "you are so cute", which annoyed me more than inspired me. i changed myself, but i think for the worse because now i look gay.
 MichellefromLtown
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Do nerds actually have girlfriends?
Posted: 1/26/2010 10:02:25 PM
My favorite geek will not speake to me because I hurt his idea that married men are free to cheat on his wife. something which is my a no-go response... Yet still I love him ans want to be with him (his sexy self whp always make my day brighter

Steve I miss you something feirce We always share romantic evenings to gether

His sense of humore is like no other man I know

Chelle
 Mike6882
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2010 1:50:07 AM
Nerds do fine as long as they are confident nerds. I've seen some confident average looking nerds with smoking hot girlfriends.
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:51:09 AM
I'm a huge nerd.
Love Star Trek, martial arts flicks, do R&D for a thermoplastic co., my pc is full of technical drawings and specs, and I worship the ground Kari Byron walks upon...lol.

Never had a problem in the dating scene...but what am I doin here then?

D'OH!
 gm210sa
Msg: 173
Posted: 2/3/2010 7:37:10 AM
a nerd with a life, who goes out and has REAL friends, not just facebook friends or friends on STEAM....he can easily get a girlfriend.

maybe you should start reffering to yourself as smart instead of a nerd. you're just putting yourself down by calling yourself a nerd.
 TallChick61
Msg: 174
Posted: 2/3/2010 8:00:32 AM
I like nerds. :)

Brains are sexy, especially if there's a quirky sense of humor to go with them.
 happy-go-lucky_
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 1:50:27 PM
Okay, I have a question for the resident n3rds:

Does one have to be a Star Trek / Star Wars fanboi and spend inordinate amounts of time playing MMORPGs and video games, at a minimum, in order to qualify as a proper n3rd?

Lol.
 badzee28
Msg: 176
Posted: 2/7/2010 7:13:06 AM
So what about someone like me? I'm going to school for for game design, I enjoy video games, I actually like some anime, big lord of the rings fan, I enjoy a few MMORPGs, I like to draw, and I spend inordinate hours in front of a computer. BUT get this; I also wrestled in high school, I lift weights regularly, pound whey protein like nobody's business, participate and watch mixed martial arts, I listen to good old rock and role, and I have a penchant for loud V8 muscle cars and anything fast. I think I may have broke the silly stereotype monster :D
 Val101
Msg: 177
Posted: 2/7/2010 10:44:42 AM
So what about someone like me? I'm going to school for for game design, I enjoy video games, I actually like some anime, big lord of the rings fan, I enjoy a few MMORPGs, I like to draw, and I spend inordinate hours in front of a computer. BUT get this; I also wrestled in high school, I lift weights regularly, pound whey protein like nobody's business, participate and watch mixed martial arts, I listen to good old rock and role, and I have a penchant for loud V8 muscle cars and anything fast. I think I may have broke the silly stereotype monster :D

Some of the biggest nerds i know are into mma and bjj and wrestling. And many and many of them are forever single.

Fact is us nerds have broken down fighting into an intellectual pursuit. We study the game instead of playing it. Many gym rats also fall into it, were just very devious about it.

According to webster,
a nerd = ( unstylish, unnattractive OR socially inept) AND ( pursuits slavishly intellectual or academic matters);

Yes, thats how much of a nerd i am, its easier to write in logic statement than to use the english grammar equivalent, which is more bloated and contrived. The artifices of the english grammar make it more inefficient than chinese or japanese in getting the point across, that's how bad it is.

nerds have even broken down picking up, and those ones are really weird.

I am a nerd according to webster. I am unstylish and socially inept and pursuits slavishly academic matter. So yeah my luck is not so great.

The thing about the information age, is that its easier to find loads of information about anything. If i want to, i can actually decide to learn the art of picking up women and fashion and all that fluff, because they are patterns behind it.

But i rather learn how to figure out how to learn several languages at the same time by figuring a way to compile it mentally, or learn how to play music by figuring out the sequencing and differentials between the notes. Or figure out a efficient learning process to give to others so they have a keen understanding of submission wrestling with yoga without having to do 10 years of practice.

Just the other day, i was telling to my friend, a girl, how counting in base 10 is arbitrary ( why not 20 or 5?) as much as is our time system which is in base 6 because of Babylonians, and the reason why computers count in base 16 because the cpu is fabricated with binary components.

Whenever i bring up these kind of subjects to non-nerd, its a total blank stare. Why, do i bring up these subjects? because its a mind-f*ck and completely re questions our thinking process. Its WAY more interesting than talking about hockey or politics.

In the end, at least i get paid extremely well. *sigh*
 Chill Pill
Msg: 178
Posted: 2/7/2010 6:12:23 PM
Oh yeah.. I am a Geek LOVER. I love Geeks. Smart Geeky, brainiac, NERDS turn me on so bad. I get so hot and so horny over Geek F&cken. I love them.
Do Nerds have girlfriends?? ... OHHHH Yeah, I am adDICKted to one.... Love THEM!!!!
Yum Yum... Gimme sum of that Geek Stick any day!!!!

""" Just the other day, i was telling to my friend, a girl, how counting in base 10 is arbitrary ( why not 20 or 5?) as much as is our time system which is in base 6 because of Babylonians, and the reason why computers count in base 16 because the cpu is fabricated with binary components.""

Now that's what I call pure dirty talk... that alone could make me have an orgasm. Just drives me crazzzzy... such horny talk!!!
 Clear_157
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/19/2010 1:17:27 AM
i dated a "nerd"...now ive been dumped by him again...it was cuz someone(he) wanted to 'relax' right after the 9wow-related)convention and i wanted to chatt with him! ;-( It was really cuz i think not only was he stressed out, but his ego grew from meeting all those "cool" people (actually they are geeks and mostly females who are so unavailable to him lol). He said he had a surprise for me... lies i think...i think hes really a geek...i prefer nerds. Nerds know better than to dump loving/caring gfs since nerds are smart enough to not dump women over stupid reasons. i can count exbfs on 1 hand, so i didn't deserve being treated like i was a you know what. hes back to pof. so am i until someone acts like man instead of a geek and a jerk. Smiley guy says it all me and him= me =me (and him?)
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 180
Posted: 11/19/2010 8:02:40 AM
Having grown up in a community of aerospace engineers and their progeny (and assorted scientists, doctors and lawyers) I can assure you that there is a difference between being highly intelligent and being a nerd. I think "nerd" is a perjorative term used to describe smart people who have no social skills. Some intelligent people have no social skills, others do. When people are stupid and they have no social skills, they're called rednecks. I don't think lack of polish can be blamed on one's hobbies/interests.
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/20/2010 9:00:16 AM
As long as they are not clingy or have addiction issues, nerds are ggggggreat!
 17outdoors
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/20/2010 3:15:18 PM
Yes. Find some women with similiar interests or make a lot of money. Some women will overlook a lot of things because a man is rich.
 Odish
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/21/2010 3:15:00 AM
Nerds TOTALLY have girlfriends! Most of my guy friends are nerds and they have girlfriends.

I personally prefer nerds, maybe that is because I am a nerd myself. Video games are fun, DND is fun, and being smart gets you somewhere in life! I think what matters most is that you don't forget to take care of yourself :)
 Billy_Famine
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/22/2010 4:54:57 PM
Nerds tend to make lots of money. Guys with lots of money tend to date a lot of girls. Is That simple enough?
 foreverstacey
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/22/2010 7:07:36 PM
I actually tend to gravitate more towards nerds personally.
 axl617
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/23/2010 4:25:28 PM
Girls love to talk about how they would date a nerd because it makes them seem more sensitive and laid back. However in reality they don't want what a socially inept jrpg fan can offer. Pitty is the only way to get in.
 curlygrl
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2010 4:46:48 PM
I live with a nerd. So what's that make me- sensitive. Ummm

No.

Makes me the nerds girlfriend.

I'm still "pain in the ass - tell everyone to fcck off" me.

I'm far from sensitive or laid back.

I just happen to love a guy who has a replica of the starship enterprise
In our china cabinet.
 foreverstacey
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/23/2010 7:28:31 PM
I actually DO date nerds... and I actually AM sensitive and laid back, but okay lol
 RobertKoi
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/23/2010 8:15:31 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, and at the end of the day nerds come last anyway no matter what the women post here.

Anybody who calls himself "nerd" is just someone who decided one day that since he sucks with women, barely has any friends and likes to collect stamps, that's he's smarter than everybody else and therefore labels himself "nerd" as an excuse. As for IQ tests, I believe that a lot of people feed off of that for the rest of their lives and seriously think that the mind is so simple that any test in the world would measure intelligence as if given by God himself on a stone tablet.
 DreamsandDreamers
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/28/2010 12:08:59 PM
I'd like to chime in on this one, if you don't mind. I am a nerd. I play videogames, read fantasy books, write stories and poetry, play an instrument, travel all over the world solely to try new foods, watch a lot of sci-fi and could talk for hours about all sort of topics I researched because I was curious. Many women tell me I'm fun to talk to, many women tell me I'm interesting, and for some reason many women ask for nasty relationships... No women date me. Being a male stuck in the friend zone with many women whom I've adored over the past few years, women aren't interested in dating the safety fallback nerd guy who is there for her when the 'bad boy' cheats on her, breaks her heart or devalues her. I have concluded that dating the nerd makes her feel like, incase things go wrong, there is no guy who will drop watching his Star Trek (Next Generation for the TRUE nerds) marathon to listen to her cry about an inevitable end for dating a jerk. Until women grow up and realize that it HURTS the nerd to use us like this and that we make better boyfriends/husbands than the jerk that gets her pregnate and bails, we have no hope. I have many female friends who fall into that category, I don't hold anything against them, I assume nerd girls have the same plight. Guys seem to want the shallow, blazing hottie that can juggle 3 golf balls on her tongue.
 ALMOSTABLONDE
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/28/2010 2:58:49 PM
I dated 2 nerds & BOTH WERE REAL NASTY IN THE BEDROOM
Nerds r hot, end of story
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do nerds actually have girlfriends?